Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50710 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
« Reply #120 on: December 6, 2017, 03:38:30 pm »
I never bought it this year because I thought the demo felt too much like FIFA, could just sprint through defences. Seems the opposite is true for the final version, such a shame I do miss playing footy games. Saying that, stuck PES2017 on a few weeks back with my mate and had a blast on it, brilliant game.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #121 on: December 6, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »
It’s just practice in fairness. I find superstar is pretty straightforward. Just beat Porto 7-0, beat United 3-0, got six wins and three draws in 9 league games. Only loss in my first 14 games is to Barce in the CL which is realistic enough.

Try Legend difficult :lmao I can’t play a master league on it, best I’ve done is two or three wins in my first 10 games.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #122 on: December 7, 2017, 05:48:56 pm »
Havent bothered with Master league after everybody basically saying its shite, shame because I enjoyed 17s. Need a win in my last game on myclub to be promoted to division 2. Dont seem to get as many blackballs this year aswel.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2017, 12:06:21 am »
Sick of lag cheaters on this game now, dont understand why you can't report it and they ban people who constantly do it.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2018, 05:44:48 pm »
How does this compare to last years game then? It's on sale so considering picking it up. Will mainly be playing Master League.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »
How does this compare to last years game then? It's on sale so considering picking it up. Will mainly be playing Master League.
It's good to play although online is touch and go, sometimes can't find an opponent on MyClub

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2018, 05:51:12 pm »
It's good to play although online is touch and go, sometimes can't find an opponent on MyClub
Yeah that's okay, I won't really be playing online. I loved the gameplay last year, my only complaint was Master League scripting. There were ridiculous handicaps which meant I regularly beat teams like Barcelona 5-0 and then struggled against dross.

Down to £15. I was hoping it would reach the absurd price of £7 from last year but apparently not.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2018, 02:07:35 am »
Theres alot of potential in the game for it to be great, really gets let down by Konami though. Just too much bullshit going on to enjoy it for too long.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2018, 03:28:56 pm »
Just smacked Southampton 4-0 on master league first season.

Hattrick and an own goal. Hattrick scorer for LFC - Marcus Rashford  ;D

Reckon he'd be boss for us in real life tbf

Offline KOP1975

• Feb 5: “Hurt the pockets of the club not the team on the pitch as the team needs all the help it can get right now.” Feb 7: “i never want to see Sakho-shit ever play for us again. He needs to be binned big time.” <— 'Helping' the team....?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2018, 10:06:51 am »
This game was awful.

PES died after PES6

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:30 pm »

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #131 on: June 2, 2018, 05:30:04 pm »
This game was awful.

PES died after PES6

Nope. Plays the best game of football out there.

Offline KOP1975

• Feb 5: “Hurt the pockets of the club not the team on the pitch as the team needs all the help it can get right now.” Feb 7: “i never want to see Sakho-shit ever play for us again. He needs to be binned big time.” <— 'Helping' the team....?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: June 7, 2018, 10:30:34 am »
I see theyve lost the CL and Europa licence to Fifa.
Also Dortmund ended their agreement early to jump to fifa.

Both games need a major overhaul imo - both are dead as single player games and its all about My team or FUT - ££££££.

Offline KOP1975

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: June 7, 2018, 10:31:37 am »
Nope. Plays the best game of football out there.

Not for me.
No fouls
back heel pinpoint passing
no midfield
Poor AI
Keeper animations are still poor - still include some from ISS on SNES 25 years ago.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 7, 2018, 11:22:13 am »
Both games need a major overhaul imo - both are dead as single player games and its all about My team or FUT - ££££££.

This year has been the first time ever I've not bought a footy game. They're both shite.

Offline KOP1975

• Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: June 7, 2018, 12:06:28 pm »
This year has been the first time ever I've not bought a footy game. They're both shite.

Agree
Both companies have a lot of work to do.
When you think how good PES 1-6 was im amazed the last few PES's have been so dire considering the power of a PS4/XBOX1X

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #136 on: June 8, 2018, 03:25:55 pm »
Not for me.
No fouls
back heel pinpoint passing
no midfield
Poor AI
Keeper animations are still poor - still include some from ISS on SNES 25 years ago.

No midfield? That's the key part! It's also so much better than FIFA, in which you don't need much strategy at all...

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2018, 06:30:55 pm »
Fucking boss this. Obsessed with it at the moment. Genuinely feels like the real thing especially when you make full use of the option files. Each match feels different depending on your tactics and how you decide to play. It's very challenging but fantastic fun too. Definitely the best I've ever played in the series.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #138 on: August 3, 2018, 08:16:32 pm »
I’m recovering from surgery so have a few weeks off and basically bed bound, so been playing 2017 again, having never bought 2018.

It’s great, although not without it’s annoying idiosyncrasies. It’s defintiely too easy to build a great side in Master League  and some of the players who pop up out of contract are ridiculous. Fun nonetheless and plays far, far superior to FIFA.

I may actually get 2019, although Master League is the only mode I really play. I’m not sure which PES it was where you started with the default players but a budget to immediately be able to sign a few players, like several decent cheap ones, loads of shit ones who were still better than the default, or one or two marquee players to rely on, all before you even entered the mode proper.

I may be imagining it but I vividly remember the names of those I used to rely on - Atiba Hutchinson, Jay Seilna, Loni, Diego, Park Ji Sung, Emile Mpenza etc. Beats playing that rock-hard nutter Dodo and the Olympic sprinter with eyesight issues, Castolo.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #139 on: August 3, 2018, 09:24:16 pm »
I’m recovering from surgery so have a few weeks off and basically bed bound, so been playing 2017 again, having never bought 2018.

It’s great, although not without it’s annoying idiosyncrasies. It’s defintiely too easy to build a great side in Master League  and some of the players who pop up out of contract are ridiculous. Fun nonetheless and plays far, far superior to FIFA.
That was my main problem with an otherwise fairly solid game.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 4, 2018, 01:04:44 pm »
That was my main problem with an otherwise fairly solid game.
Yeah I thought it ridiculous that you could take on a poor Ligue 2 side with default Master League players for example and be signing players like Payet and Kenedy on free transfers within the first season/start of the second. A small gripe and I guess you can self-impose not to make ‘unrealistic’ signings, but when there’s low hanging fruit it’s difficult.

I remember on the old PES you used to be buzzing to sign someone who could merely
control a football competently 😂 Glory days when Iouga and Ximelez were no longer first choices. Minanda was also a favourite. Magic would happen when the ball was at his feet. Admittedly that didn’t happen often as he wasn’t a fan of moving about, but what lovely feet he did possess 😂
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #141 on: August 5, 2018, 07:43:55 pm »
Yeah I thought it ridiculous that you could take on a poor Ligue 2 side with default Master League players for example and be signing players like Payet and Kenedy on free transfers within the first season/start of the second. A small gripe and I guess you can self-impose not to make ‘unrealistic’ signings, but when there’s low hanging fruit it’s difficult.

I remember on the old PES you used to be buzzing to sign someone who could merely
control a football competently 😂 Glory days when Iouga and Ximelez were no longer first choices. Minanda was also a favourite. Magic would happen when the ball was at his feet. Admittedly that didn’t happen often as he wasn’t a fan of moving about, but what lovely feet he did possess 😂
Minanda was like Xavi and Iniesta combined. He had his faults but my word what a player. Miss those days!,
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 5, 2018, 08:01:07 pm »
Fun nonetheless and plays far, far superior to FIFA.

I'm a sucker for the licences so I'll be getting FIFA but would get PES in a heartbeat if they went to town with create options.  Bring back create-a-stadium, allow us to upload ANYTHING from faces to boots to balls to even adboards and scoreboards.

The best fun I've had with a football game as a Legends patch for PES6.  Let us create that without the need to 'hack' the game and I'd never buy FIFA again.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 6, 2018, 01:16:34 am »
I'm a sucker for the licences so I'll be getting FIFA but would get PES in a heartbeat if they went to town with create options.  Bring back create-a-stadium, allow us to upload ANYTHING from faces to boots to balls to even adboards and scoreboards.

The best fun I've had with a football game as a Legends patch for PES6.  Let us create that without the need to 'hack' the game and I'd never buy FIFA again.
I do get you, I like a good license and it does come across as shoddy when you’re playing on the lower divisions on PES and can’t really decipher who the other team is meant to be. I like playing lower league football so often am tempted by FIFA for that particular reason. A fully licensed PES would be a dream.

They’ve lost the UEFA competitions but got some fairly decent licenses this year. Liverpool and Arsenal are there, both the Milan clubs too. Russian League, Argentinian League, Swiss, Belgian, Danish are all fully realised this time too. Doesn’t really make up for losing the Spanish and Italian licenses though, in my eyes.

It’ll likely be fun nonetheless.

Minanda was like Xavi and Iniesta combined. He had his faults but my word what a player. Miss those days!,
A great player  ;D Tbe one who would infuriate me was Ivarov in goal. The amount of needless, pathetic goals you’d concede due to his lack of basic competency was painful. When building a side in the old PES’s, the first three signings you absolutely had to make were a striker, goal keeper and wide player. You could sort of mumble by for a time with the defence you were given.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #144 on: August 6, 2018, 10:40:17 am »
I didn't buy 2018 as i was still really into 2017 when it came out but I'm really looking forward 2019!

I am ashamed to say i brought FIFA 18 a few months ago when it was £15 on PS Store and they released the WC add-on but the novelty wore off after about a week and i haven't gone back since. Whilst I still play Pro Evo 17 from time to time, I need a new game,

Whilst originally i was a little gutted about the UEFA License, what they've done to compensate has more than made up for it. This game will have so much more depth now having add 8 entirely new, licensed leagues will give more longevity compared with just having two Competitions. Yes they're not the Premier League or Bundesliga but Pro Evo has never been about that and it's nothing a quick option file doesn't fix anyway. The annoying thing was always them having the Official License but having fake teams and league competing in it. Now with these leagues the roster is huge!

One thing i do agree with, is the ridiculous transfer system in ML. As well as the 'Youth System'. Yes it's my choice to promote these players but it's far too tempting. I'm in my 4th season with Preston North End and my team is below

(Regenerated) Buffon   

(RG) Dani Alves  (RG) Barzalgi     Rugani    Mario Rui

(RG) Thiago Motta     Kante

Lo Celso                       

Bale                                                 Gabriel Jesus
                                      Vietto

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: August 8, 2018, 05:23:59 pm »
The demo is up on PS4. We are in it. Salah had been deservedly upgraded to 90. You can play online in the demo, which is a bonus.

This is very promising.. Its how a football game should play. Passes can and will go loose, ball physics have improved. Gone are the laser guides through balls. Try it out lads, this has the makings of a proper footy game.

Konami have a tendency to fuck it up post demo but if it stays like this, I'm buying it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 8, 2018, 06:04:58 pm »
Gonna download it soon. For me they need to change the menu's, too clunky and dated.

I was dissapointed in the lack of updates last year from the community, the only way to get them quickly was to sign up to Pes Universe and get the membership which is complete horse shit. I mean other people do there own option files but there's usually a few mistakes in there.

Anyhow I'll give it a go.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #147 on: August 8, 2018, 11:20:59 pm »
The demo is up on PS4. We are in it. Salah had been deservedly upgraded to 90. You can play online in the demo, which is a bonus.

This is very promising.. Its how a football game should play. Passes can and will go loose, ball physics have improved. Gone are the laser guides through balls. Try it out lads, this has the makings of a proper footy game.

Konami have a tendency to fuck it up post demo but if it stays like this, I'm buying it.

They've been right on track with Pro Evo for a few years now (3?), but on first impressions this seems particularly good - really impressed after a quick go on the demo.

Gonna download it soon. For me they need to change the menu's, too clunky and dated.

I was dissapointed in the lack of updates last year from the community, the only way to get them quickly was to sign up to Pes Universe and get the membership which is complete horse shit. I mean other people do there own option files but there's usually a few mistakes in there.

Anyhow I'll give it a go.

I thought this too, despite not really wanting much more than all the teams who exist in the game bringing to life.  Thatsaid, I also always though it a bit poor that Konami didn't do a 'near fake' of all the teams reaching the UEFA competitions proper, despite badging the game with their licenses.

Some other lingering frustrations are the baffling removal of Community Mode some 6/7 years ago now, which really added a lot to 'local' multiplayer.  I also find it frustrating the the online matches are restricted to 15 (is it?) minutes, when 20 is surely the best way to play ;)

Anyhow, I've somehow managed to turn a positive post negative here... ;D

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 9, 2018, 09:22:24 am »
Anyone else got the PC demo of 2019? I'm finding it runs like crap, even on low settings. Very juddery and terrible frame rate. I'm playing on an i5 and 960 so should have no problem running it.

EDIT - actually, just checked frame rates and they are solid 60, but every second or two there is a stutter. It's like lag, but I'm playing offline. Weird.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2018, 12:30:39 pm by Devon Red »

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #149 on: August 9, 2018, 01:10:38 pm »
Some other lingering frustrations are the baffling removal of Community Mode some 6/7 years ago now, which really added a lot to 'local' multiplayer.  I also find it frustrating the the online matches are restricted to 15 (is it?) minutes, when 20 is surely the best way to play ;)
Community was brilliant. Never made any sense to me to get rid of a feature which takes up almost zero space. It essentially just gathered statistics on games you played, which was such a great idea for local multiplayer.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2018, 10:41:04 am »
Played a few matches last night and it’s not bad actually. I did what I call the ‘sprint test’ where you take the best players (Salah, Messi etc.) and just try and sprint through the whole team, was very difficult!  ;D Did it last year in the demo and it was too similar to FIFA so never bought it in the end.

Now the only thing stopping me getting this game is the efficiency of the option files. I used the PES Universe ones for 2017 and they were excellent. But due to errors with kits when setting up, Konami updates etc. I think I repeated the process 4 or 5 times and I can’t be arsed doing that again. If it’s just a one off spend an hour and import all the kits/leagues I might get this when it comes out. Gameplay is good though really enjoyed the few matches I played yesterday.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2018, 10:58:02 am »
Played a few matches last night and it’s not bad actually. I did what I call the ‘sprint test’ where you take the best players (Salah, Messi etc.) and just try and sprint through the whole team, was very difficult!  ;D Did it last year in the demo and it was too similar to FIFA so never bought it in the end.

Now the only thing stopping me getting this game is the efficiency of the option files. I used the PES Universe ones for 2017 and they were excellent. But due to errors with kits when setting up, Konami updates etc. I think I repeated the process 4 or 5 times and I can’t be arsed doing that again. If it’s just a one off spend an hour and import all the kits/leagues I might get this when it comes out. Gameplay is good though really enjoyed the few matches I played yesterday.

I used the pes option files from pes universe last year and it literally took 10 mins and never had any problems when the was a update.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2018, 12:33:43 pm »

I used the pes option files from pes universe last year and it literally took 10 mins and never had any problems when the was a update.

Fair enough, Konami have probably improved importing option files since 2017.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2018, 05:38:02 pm »

So you paid for the updates or just waited for the bronze release?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2018, 07:39:38 pm »
It's good, the demo. Fairly enjoyable and fun.

We'll see how it holds up in the release, though. Superstar level needs to be rock solid too. The demo doesn't give you much time to know how the game will play for an extended period, but early impressions of it are very good. Still think shooting needs a bit refining for individuals, mind.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »
Anyone else got the PC demo of 2019? I'm finding it runs like crap, even on low settings. Very juddery and terrible frame rate. I'm playing on an i5 and 960 so should have no problem running it.

EDIT - actually, just checked frame rates and they are solid 60, but every second or two there is a stutter. It's like lag, but I'm playing offline. Weird.

Same here, had it with 2018, the only way I could fix it was to set my monitor to 60hz.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:11 pm »
So you paid for the updates or just waited for the bronze release?

I just paid £10 for a usb stick from pes universe as I didn’t have a pc or laptop to download  the files myself onto a usb stick.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2018, 03:56:21 pm »
I've been finding myself with that 'itch' of wanting to play more and more of the demo. Each time is different. I don't think I've ever played a football game that feels as free or as organic as this. It doesn't feel as if you're being cheated, or like the ball does something that you know it shouldn't. The ball is completely independent to the way it reacts when it comes off players, and players react to that accordingly. It just feels right. Like for the first time in as long as I can remember playing the series right. Seriously, the gameplay is just so, so good. The passing is amazing. I now feel like I've to get the ball onto the players proper foot and put the correct amount of weight on it and then what happens next is down to how good that player is at passing it. Exactly how it should be. Shooting might need a tweak, but other than that, I'm struggling to fault the game. I say this after giving 18 a miss. Hopefully Konami don't do a Konami and fuck with the formula here before it releases, because it's a good'un.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2018, 01:16:25 pm »
I've been finding myself with that 'itch' of wanting to play more and more of the demo. Each time is different. I don't think I've ever played a football game that feels as free or as organic as this. It doesn't feel as if you're being cheated, or like the ball does something that you know it shouldn't. The ball is completely independent to the way it reacts when it comes off players, and players react to that accordingly. It just feels right. Like for the first time in as long as I can remember playing the series right. Seriously, the gameplay is just so, so good. The passing is amazing. I now feel like I've to get the ball onto the players proper foot and put the correct amount of weight on it and then what happens next is down to how good that player is at passing it. Exactly how it should be. Shooting might need a tweak, but other than that, I'm struggling to fault the game. I say this after giving 18 a miss. Hopefully Konami don't do a Konami and fuck with the formula here before it releases, because it's a good'un.

I've been a Pro Ev man for a long, long time and after seeing the features FIFA might have this season I was tempted to switch but I love the demo so far too. Very fun and I'm surprisingly good at it (or all the people I play online are not, which is more likely).

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2018, 03:46:13 am »
I've been a Pro Ev man for a long, long time and after seeing the features FIFA might have this season I was tempted to switch but I love the demo so far too. Very fun and I'm surprisingly good at it (or all the people I play online are not, which is more likely).

It's more of a 'thinking man's game' now, I think. You can't spam through-ball all the time. You have to work hard to make angles and create overloads... and tactics matter! My only gripe is they show you what tactic the opponent is using at kickoff. Some opponents leave their pacy strikers/widemen up top (using 'Counter Target') and there was a sense of achievement figuring stuff out and adjusting accordingly. Now, it tells me Mbappe and Dembele are told not to track back and makes it way too easy to counter. I'd rather figure it out myself.

I find there are many ways to win on this... I love to set up deep, men behind the ball and break with pace. Liverpool are perfect for that! You can set Hendo to 'Defensive' on advanced tactic, meaning he will sit and sweep like a proper 6. I reckon Palace will be a good team in the full game. Can't wait to sit deep like the Owl and hit teams on the break!
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.