Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223847 times)

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #120 on: February 7, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »
Hospitality / corporate season ticket holders are able to apply for away tickets for every game. A friend of a friend bought two main stand hospitality season tickets this year. He's got two tickets for every away game bar one, which he's passed on to my friend. Face value, of course. But the club do sell away tickets to hospitality season ticket holders (without credits).

If there is going to be transparency on this - it will be interesting to see how many go into this pot. It will also be interesting to see if the club applies the same stringent rules to hospitality members. They've often spent fortunes on hospitality tickets to entertain and impress clients, so it wouldn't make sense that passing on to clients is forbidden.

When a Hospitality member can't go he can transfer his ticket electronically to someone else and they print out an E ticket and show it to get in - so they can transfer to whoever they want whenever they want.

Wouldn't be hard to do the same for Normal tickets.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #121 on: February 7, 2017, 05:30:44 pm »
When a Hospitality member can't go he can transfer his ticket electronically to someone else and they print out an E ticket and show it to get in - so they can transfer to whoever they want whenever they want.

Wouldn't be hard to do the same for Normal tickets.

It is not the technology that is hard, it is how to apply it in a way that does not facilitate touting. The sad truth is that if you allow freedom to transfer tickets, those tickets will be touted and we are back where we are now.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #122 on: February 7, 2017, 05:40:05 pm »
Massively wrong most of this.

The Club get nothing out of away tickets and have to sell them on behalf of the away team at LFC's cost.

There is to be some transparency coming about where tickets go and the Cub wouldn't be able to siphon off to 'corporate' at any great numbers.

The big focus on aways is targeting the touts, addressing the sincere squatters but making it a little easier to get on the ladder.
There would be nothing stopping the club giving corporate 25% of any allocations for example. I reckon it would be a lot easier for the club to shift hospitality ST if they had the carrot of aways.I just hope that they use common sense and it's actual touts rather than regular match goers that miss out on aways!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #123 on: February 7, 2017, 05:41:35 pm »
Prob less if THEY had to go to aways as I bet most pass them on to various people??
We are a team of one half.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #124 on: February 7, 2017, 05:45:00 pm »
I didn't think of it like that but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one rule for proper fans and another rule for them, can you honestly see the club dictating to people that are spending thousands of £££s?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 7, 2017, 05:45:28 pm »
for me part of the issue is people have to buy the tickets to keep in the game, regardless if they can go or not

If the club made all tickets non transferable (be it with photos or what have you) but we could return them before the game to the club and they be resold that would be a start. the sales criteria would also drop a bit as very few can go to all 19 games. those who do get the rewards. but 17 almost becomes the new 19 if that makes sense?!

the whole thing almost needs a leap of faith from everyone that they are not going to get shafted. without that leap we wont get anywhere with it

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #126 on: February 7, 2017, 05:55:38 pm »
Transparency from the club would help with that -if the numbers add up but all while some don't need credits and just get tickets,and you wonder where foreign tourists, say, get their tkts from  - it is harder for supporters to trust them

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #127 on: February 7, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »
Transparency from the club would help with that -if the numbers add up but all while some don't need credits and just get tickets,and you wonder where foreign tourists, say, get their tkts from  - it is harder for supporters to trust them

Club is going to announce the breakdown of home ticket sales among the different categories this week for the season.

I am asking for the same for aways.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #128 on: February 7, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
Nice one Graham. You're doing a great job and keeping us well informed! Thanks :wave

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 7, 2017, 06:38:37 pm »
for me part of the issue is people have to buy the tickets to keep in the game, regardless if they can go or not

If the club made all tickets non transferable (be it with photos or what have you) but we could return them before the game to the club and they be resold that would be a start. the sales criteria would also drop a bit as very few can go to all 19 games. those who do get the rewards. but 17 almost becomes the new 19 if that makes sense?!

the whole thing almost needs a leap of faith from everyone that they are not going to get shafted. without that leap we wont get anywhere with it

The club should commence a points tally and award each ticket buyer points for each game purchased

They could start this on away games and take it back to a point in time.....say the takeover by FSG as a potential start point
Each away game 100 points since the take over (hypothetical)
Every away goer has a points tally since
Open up away games at a point juncture with a decline in points tally required across the availability of a particular game

the full 19 crew could in theory skip the odd game and not feel threatened by their position in the overall points standing, whereby they still have enough points to buy the upcoming away games they want to attend...this may aid a drop to lower points (current credits as it stands) and loosen up the closed shop feeling

the need to defend 19 credits, or whatever you have, season on season is the flaw.......nobody is not going to purchase once it hits their credit tally

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #130 on: February 7, 2017, 07:10:39 pm »
It a difficult on to balance between a lot of different interests.

How should the club rewards loyalty and what does that mean.

how does having a season ticket compare to buying 19 games on a membership, does it matter who in fact has personally attended more matches

What is driving members to buy more tickets in bulk sale which are then used (issue of ticket availability for big games / pricing issues due to the fact the Kop is much cheaper and the upper main stand way overpriced and the anfield road such bad value)
What does the club want to achieve and is that good / having more members going to more games say 3-4 each how will that impact on the atmosphere if you are taking tickets away from fans currently attending 12+ games.

Do the club want a lot of fans happy to pay the £53+ in the main stand for the one off experience, should they not be looking to expand capacity to cater for this and reduce the ability for touts.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: February 7, 2017, 07:33:55 pm »
Nice one Graham. You're doing a great job and keeping us well informed! Thanks :wave

Definately

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 7, 2017, 07:41:43 pm »
Complex this isn't it?

I think away tickets needs a very specific and different discussion than home games. It's obviously very very different.

Hospitality - We've obviously got 'tourists' paying £200+ for a ticket in the normal stands, likely costing around £42. For £200 they could get a nice meal and not tread in a pie on the Kop floor. I hate hospitality, but if you can charge £200 for a ticket I'd rather see the club get that, to reduce prices for others, than one lad getting rich from it. You can also house these in 'nice' areas. The prices could be elastic ones for all I care - 1k max tourist seats in the Main Stand - pay whatever you want. But you can't have a seat elsewhere because that's for those that go regular.

What happened to the local kids taking up the 1000+ empty seats per game? Has this started? It was brilliant when suggested last year.

I'm not having this credit struck off thing. If I'm ill and miss 1 European game I'm not missing the final. The above solution fixes this issue to some degree. Multiple times per season need investigating on one-by-one basis.

We need ideas to beat touting. Yes. We just need to be careful we're not helping to shoot ourselves in the foot. Careful what you wish for Ian Ayre said. Haunting words they are. Mistakes here could change the make-up of the crowd in terrible ways - what if they do away with credits for example - unlikely - but what if? United do ballots for aways - LFC do corporate raffles for aways now. We need to be careful. You need new blood - but this isn't a prize - it's a religion - it's a routine.

I liked the idea of exploring tiered memberships someone mentioned before and how that works. As someone who goes 19+, I'm already massively wound up at potentially missing them free for all 'Cat C' games. If it ends up more being in a raffle I'll honestly give it up. It's not a prize. I AM the support.

Bulk Sales. They just have to stay, at least for those on high credits. I can't keep risk being sacked for all the excuses I make up around ticket sale dates, cancelling meetings and holidays. Weekly I'd have no chance and have to give it up.

I keep coming back to them words from Ian Ayre.

My mate who goes x amount - maybe 5 per season - he'll sod it off - he's looking for an excuse anyway. I love going when he's there.
If he's replaced by some passionate loud mouth - OK. If he makes way for a 'tourist'. I'll keep the 5 decent games a season. I need to be careful what I'm wishing for.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 07:47:36 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 7, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »

Aye good job as always and if any posts come across as having a go I think from me or anyone else it's not meant - it's just quite emotive. I'm glad we have someone engaging on our behalf.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #134 on: February 7, 2017, 07:58:34 pm »
Because you have something like 400 people entering the ground per turnstile, the majority of whom arrive within 40 minutes of kick off.

True true.

Spot checks on fancards with ID during the game maybe? But then we'd get pissed off being disturbed (and if you get a ticket in the 100/200s it'll stop you walking up to 306).

How about your ticket gets you in as normal but then you've got to validate with a steward inside the ground or you don't get the credit? They can ID check and then print you a little stubby incase the system doesn't pick it up? Few hundred stewards for two hours a match day at a tenner an hour? Cost no more than a few grand a game.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 7, 2017, 08:03:21 pm »
True true.

Spot checks on fancards with ID during the game maybe? But then we'd get pissed off being disturbed (and if you get a ticket in the 100/200s it'll stop you walking up to 306).

How about your ticket gets you in as normal but then you've got to validate with a steward inside the ground or you don't get the credit? They can ID check and then print you a little stubby incase the system doesn't pick it up? Few hundred stewards for two hours a match day at a tenner an hour? Cost no more than a few grand a game.

I arrived quite late for the Chelsea game. Outside the ground at 19:45. Unusual for me - like to be inside 30mins before. Rammed outside. Took 10minutes. Hundreds our there. Couldn't see it working. People can't stay in the same row for 45 minutes either already, it would get worse?

Abroad the buses often have a validation stamp. Could be loads of them but that's a load of old hassle for me because of the actions of other people touting.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: February 7, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »
True true.

Would be too time consuming and people would have to get in the ground earlier

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #137 on: February 7, 2017, 08:08:11 pm »
I arrived quite late for the Chelsea game. Outside the ground at 19:45. Unusual for me - like to be inside 30mins before. Rammed outside. Took 10minutes. Hundreds our there. Couldn't see it working. People can't stay in the same row for 45 minutes either already, it would get worse?

Abroad the buses often have a validation stamp. Could be loads of them but that's a load of old hassle for me because of the actions of other people touting.

True again. Could wait around an hour afterwards too?

Once we get safe standing in the Kop and the ARE done then hopefully we can all get as many tickets as we please.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #138 on: February 7, 2017, 08:11:30 pm »
Would be too time consuming and people would have to get in the ground earlier

Would he good to get people in the ground earlier. If they can put their phones away for five minutes maybe they can get a sing song going!

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: February 7, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
The club have to take some responsibility aswell as they've marketed themselves to the exact type of people that buy off touts! If they spent more time making it accessible for young lads and normal match going fans instead of tourists and day trippers then the problem with touts wouldn't be half as bad as it is!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 7, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »
The club have to take some responsibility aswell as they've marketed themselves to the exact type of people that buy off touts! If they spent more time making it accessible for young lads and normal match going fans instead of tourists and day trippers then the problem with touts wouldn't be half as bad as it is!

It is somewhat funny, that you're right they have marketed themselves to a type of fan, yet don't see the complete benefit from it.
It is why I can't shake off the 'be careful what you wish for' line.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 7, 2017, 08:32:47 pm »
There's some decent idea's in this thread, and then there's some truly awful ones.

Lets be honest here, most of us are selfish.   We'll pick a system that suits our own agenda, and a fuck you attitude to most others that don't fit our model.

The match going dynamic, is a whole lot more complicated than that.

Many of us get tickets in various ways.  Many of us use them in other various ways.

True true.

The club will want a system that is as hassle free as possible, what they are not going to do is have hundreds of stewards marauding around, snapping "show me your papers".

Yes, the odd few spot checks is one thing. Doing en masse will just take the stewards away from their normal duties, and piss every one off.

Not a fan of photo ID's on tickets, as if it can only be used by one person and one person only, it slowly develops into a sort of closed shop.

Even worse if a group of you go together, and occasionally swap seats in the ground, to sit with a particular family member or friend (which happens quite regularly), imagine getting spot checked for that seat and it doesn't match!

As an example. Our group of 8 or so regular match goers has 6 tickets between us.  We're talking people who go every week, and have done for a few decades or more. in my case, nearly 40 years.

If say I can't make it for illness sake, I'd just give it to one of the other match crew without a ticket, or if we were all sorted, give it to my mate and say, take your lad.

Now his lad is about 11, and only gets to the game a couple of times  a season, as it's already getting neigh on impossible to get tickets for younger kids, so if that happens, and you can't pass a ticket on, how do you take your younger relatives (like our forefathers have always done), and how do you 'blood'  the next generation?

It's a very complicated equation to work out, as there is, and never will be, a one size fits all, solution.

To me personally, a lot of the suggestions in here, are, as I said, selfish to the individual, but will also put out a lot more genuine fans than they may actually help.

I've thought for many years, a simple solution of police snatch squads around the ground, and maybe a small number of staff in the ticket office dedicated to a touts squad.

A simple system of, if you've paid over the odds for a ticket, after the game, report the seat detail to the club, and let them trace the ticket back to source.

That way, any time any of us pass on a ticket to someone else, it would have to be someone you trusted, ie:  family or friend.   You wouldn't necessarily pass it on to a stranger, and certainly not over the odds, as you risk being reported.

Edit:  When I use the term 'selfish', I mean all of us. We are all selfish to the agenda that suits US, personally.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 08:50:07 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #142 on: February 7, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »

They don't really market to sell tickets do they? They market hospitality, but the hoi polloi seats sell themselves pretty well. The problem is too much not too little demand...

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: February 7, 2017, 08:48:55 pm »
They don't really market to sell tickets do they? They market hospitality, but the hoi polloi seats sell themselves pretty well. The problem is too much not too little demand...
I don't mean marketing tickets I mean marketing the club in general! Marketing all the LFC family shite all over the world! They've brought a lot of this on themselves!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 7, 2017, 09:04:57 pm »
Aye good job as always and if any posts come across as having a go I think from me or anyone else it's not meant - it's just quite emotive. I'm glad we have someone engaging on our behalf.

I've got no problem with passion, happy to try and improve things appropriately.

Better than some on other threads who sit behind anonymity and have agendas.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #145 on: February 7, 2017, 10:29:27 pm »
I don't mean marketing tickets I mean marketing the club in general! Marketing all the LFC family shite all over the world! They've brought a lot of this on themselves!
:thumbup

Definitely. Travel half way round the world and if you have to then pay loads for a tkt, as a one-off, many will.

Above all else I would like to see more SUPPORTERS in the ground - people who are there to get behind the team and try to make a difference - NOT tourists there for the atmosphere or to take pictures of it and contribute nothing (not all all tourists are like that - an American girl was next to me last season, just came along with her bf, and she was so into it, lived every moment with them and sung when she new the words - said I'd be happy sitting next to her again! She tried. I accept they don;t know all the words but make an effort. If you're as red as you claim, look the words up b4 you come! So you can join in?)

That also means I would get rid of some who may have been going for years but who never SUPPORT the team - rarely celebrate, just stand and moan, spoiling it for others others who have to out up with them week in, week out! No idea how, but I would love to have an area of positive support!

And whoever said, have an area for under 40s only and ship out anyone older - do one! Age has nothing to do with SUPPORT.  >:(

As for validation stamps on buses, some of us live in Anfield, contrary to what the media portray! Maybe I can bring my Council Tax bill instead!!  ::)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 7, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »

As for validation stamps on buses, some of us live in Anfield, contrary to what the media portray! Maybe I can bring my Council Tax bill instead!!  ::)
Pff!  Maybe you can bring along your purple bin, and buy it a seat.   Just bang the lid every now and then, as it will probably make more noise than some others that turn up every week.   Like 'the dead people' who sit in front of me.  ;)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #147 on: February 7, 2017, 10:48:03 pm »
That's a good idea! Could let kids stand on it to see!! I obviously wasn't serious about the bill, but come on, bus stamps....!??

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 7, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »
I won't be coy on this, but one aim from any ticketing change is to see a gentle bias towards locals but an aggressive, undiluted and unrepentant bias for young local people for any chance of tickets.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #149 on: February 7, 2017, 11:11:42 pm »
That's a good idea! Could let kids stand on it to see!! I obviously wasn't serious about the bill, but come on, bus stamps....!??

Not that it was me that said bus, but collecting a stub after the game would be a piece of piss for those that live walking distance from the ground.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 7, 2017, 11:23:27 pm »
Do you think we could be going about this the wrong way?

Instead of targeting everyone, why aren't we trying to single out the touts?

Like I said earlier.  The police could do snatch squads outside the ground, which would in turn, move the touts elsewhere, away from the ground.

LFC could have an app, where you could put in your seat details for any given game, and the price of that ticket would come up.   If you've paid more than what it should be, report it to the club, and let them trace it back to source. *

You could advertise the app, all over Anfield.  Programmes, posters, signage, pitchside display etc.

The tourists could sit in their seat, download the app (   stop laughing.  :D   yes we know how shit the current wifi signal is), and if they've paid well over the odds, report it to the ticket office tout squad before leaving the stadium

If they really wanted to get serious about touts, there's loads of things they could do, well before inconveniencing your general match going fan.

Me suspects that aren't that arsed......... until it starts cutting into the potential revenue that they expect to get from match day tickets.

*Anyone could report a ticket for vindictive reasons.  Have a three strike rule.  First time a seasie/members card etc is flagged, it gets logged, second time a warning, third time, the card is blocked until the owner explains why it's been flagged three times, and if appropriate, confiscated.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 11:29:53 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 7, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »
I won't be coy on this, but one aim from any ticketing change is to see a gentle bias towards locals but an aggressive, undiluted and unrepentant bias for young local people for any chance of tickets.

For the latter it would be pay at the gate or photo-id.

The 9 pound local sales is an excellent principle; but any system that gives an individual something for 9 pounds which can be sold for 50-150 pounds will be taken advantage of..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 7, 2017, 11:28:33 pm »
Do you think we could be going about this the wrong way?

Instead of targeting everyone, why aren't we trying to single out the touts?

Like I said earlier.  The police could do snatch squads outside the ground, which would in turn, move the touts elsewhere, away from the ground.

LFC could have an app, where you could put in your seat details for any given game, and the price of that ticket would come up.   If you've paid more than what it should be, report it to the club, and let them trace it back to source.

You could advertise the app, all over Anfield.  Programmes, posters, signage, pitchside display etc.

The tourists could sit in their seat, download the app (   stop laughing.  :D   yes we know how shit the current wifi signal is), and if they've paid well over the odds, report it to the ticket office tout squad before leaving the stadium

If they really wanted to get serious about touts, there's loads of things they could do, well before inconveniencing your general match going fan.

Me suspects that aren't that arsed......... until it starts cutting into ththe potential revenue that they expect to get from match day tickets.

Agree in general; but not many would report their touts.. they come in all shapes and forms, from online companies, to the classice ones to your "mates". The one-time tourists and also the 2-3 games a season brigade are happy to pay over the odds and don't want to cut off that source..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 8, 2017, 12:37:27 am »
Seriously though, an unused ticket should get no credit.

Can't agree with that.  Or even the follow-up suggestion from Graham of allowing one miss per season.  Over the past  few seasons, train delays/breakdowns have caused me to miss several first halves and one game entirely.  This is mainly a problem with weekday evening games, as I can allow more travel contingency at weekends.

The way the railways and traffic congestion are going, this problem is likely to get worse.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #154 on: February 8, 2017, 09:27:14 am »
I think SP probably means in the instances where someone buys a £12 ticket for a cup tie, with absolutely no intention of going the game.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: February 8, 2017, 10:25:30 am »

Here here. Always nice to see a sensible and well informed discussion about the issues with ticketing.

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: February 8, 2017, 02:34:28 pm »

Definitely. Travel half way round the world and if you have to then pay loads for a tkt, as a one-off, many will.

Above all else I would like to see more SUPPORTERS in the ground - people who are there to get behind the team and try to make a difference - NOT tourists there for the atmosphere or to take pictures of it and contribute nothing (not all all tourists are like that - an American girl was next to me last season, just came along with her bf, and she was so into it, lived every moment with them and sung when she new the words - said I'd be happy sitting next to her again! She tried. I accept they don;t know all the words but make an effort. If you're as red as you claim, look the words up b4 you come! So you can join in?)

That also means I would get rid of some who may have been going for years but who never SUPPORT the team - rarely celebrate, just stand and moan, spoiling it for others others who have to out up with them week in, week out! No idea how, but I would love to have an area of positive support!

And whoever said, have an area for under 40s only and ship out anyone older - do one! Age has nothing to do with SUPPORT.  >:(

was it kerry you sat next to?she met klopp on the pre-season tour of the usa

https://www.facebook.com/KerryMacuska

on the subject of tickets, just raise the prices to where supply = demand and be done with it, £85 a seat i think would probably be the equilibrium point for an average game £100 for the best games

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 8, 2017, 02:44:53 pm »
was it kerry you sat next to?she met klopp on the pre-season tour of the usa

https://www.facebook.com/KerryMacuska

on the subject of tickets, just raise the prices to where supply = demand and be done with it, £85 a seat i think would probably be the equilibrium point for an average game £100 for the best games
Apparently this was the argument for the proposed prices. FSG and senior club personnel were walking round the ground listening to what people were paying touts. Their philosophy was 'people pay that, lets get that cash ourselves'. Of course there are flaws in doing that, such as pricing out your 'traditional' support.

From a pure business point of view, we should charge at least £100 for the Man United game. That is what Barcelona do. Go a run of the mill game it is cheap. Go a Champions League semi or a Clasico and you will pay a lot. I paid €127 for Bayern semi final May 2015 in Gol Baix Nord which is very front behind goal, second cheapest sector after away fans which is in the sky. I paid €161 for the Clasico a couple of months ago in Gol Sud level 3. 3rd cheapest category I think. The prices are horrendous and screws local people. However if you think we are a global tourist money chasing machine we are nothing compared to Barcelona. The whole Camp Nou complex is designed to extract as much money as possible from every person, 7 days a week.

It would be shit if we went that way, but if you are looking at LFC from a pure business point of view with the aim of maximising revenue (which I AM NOT PERSONALLY, before anyone abuses me) then the ticket prices should go up a lot

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 8, 2017, 02:45:04 pm »
I hope that's a joke

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 8, 2017, 02:53:18 pm »
I hope that's a joke

That will never be advocated - in fact the next major battle will be towards the end of this year when the 2018/19 ticket prices budget starts to be looked at by the Club.

We'll be advocating cuts in prices.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892