Author Topic: Gamesmaster series 1 and 2  (Read 9963 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gamesmaster series 1 and 2
« Reply #40 on: May 3, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »
There's no chance Dave Perry will work with Dominik Diamond ever again.

And Patrick Moore is far too old to do Gamesmaster any more, it's not happening.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 4, 2011, 04:31:22 am »
There's no chance Dave Perry will work with Dominik Diamond ever again.

And Patrick Moore is far too old to do Gamesmaster any more, it's not happening.
Not sure if that's true. Again, this was one of the things I asked Perry, and he said that he would work with him again and that he has no issue with Diamond. I think it's DD that just doesn't like Perry, though. Obviously I've only heard it from his perspective (Perry's) but back when he had his own web forum, Dominik hijacked it and spammed the site with abuse until he came clean and admited it was him. Was funny as fuck, mind. And, yes, Patrick Moore is far too old now. I recently seen him on Sky At Night, and I'm sad to say that he looked like a man that hasn't got long left to go.

Oh, and I thought GM was on Thursday, or is my memory getting a little clouded in my old age?

Didn't Dominik Diamond end up going to The Phillipines to get crucified, and then wussed out at the last minute?

Or did I dream that?
Yep. I mean, you didn't dream it. I think it was on 5 a few years ago.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2011, 04:33:30 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #42 on: May 4, 2011, 11:33:32 am »
GM was originally broadcast on a Tuesday bit did indeed move to thursdays after a few series

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #43 on: May 4, 2011, 12:02:05 pm »
ah this shit was fucking awesome, damn I was young :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 10:23:25 am »
Was it properly policed or did it turn into an all night rave?

Yeovil Aerodrome?

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 11:46:27 am »
Brilliant! :D

I loved these when i was a kid. Always remember the game where the bear had to guide the sleepwalking kid around levels.

I remember there was a show called cybernet on at like 4am

My mate won a snes on that. It was a pain because it was an import and you had to buy special cartridges to play in it....edit on second thoughts the show i'm thinking of was on around 1993 and way before cybernet. Can't remember the name but they used to tell you to hit the record button and they would flash, very quickly pages of cheats and hints for games up on the screen so you could play them back and hit pause to read them.

Also known as...

Jet from Gladiators, who was also a guest in the second series of Gladiators if i remember.

The same guy also got to meet her....lucky sod!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:58:49 am by Magin85 »

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »
Bad Influence
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:53 pm »
Bad Influence
Violet Berlin's got a good set of front bumpers on her.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »
Had a look at those vids and it's a testament of how time flies.

Was hooked onto the Amiga when I was a child, lemmings, superfrog, defenders of the crown, prince of persia, lotus. Those were the days. . .
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:13 pm »
Loved my Amiga. Never even knew you had to BUY games when I was a kid with a box full of discs

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52:01 pm »
Loved my Amiga. Never even knew you had to BUY games when I was a kid with a box full of discs

The same here. And I certainly didn't know that you had to pay a full £26 for a game in which many of them were doable in less than an hour.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »
Photocopies of 'piracy wheels' were a must back in those days :)

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »
Photocopies of 'piracy wheels' were a must back in those days :)

Great memories - Argos on County Road for 20 3.5 blue disks - filling up those disk boxes with the see through lids like it was Christmas everyday!I remember copying all 12 Monkey Island 2 discs on X-Copy II at a mate's house, it took all afternoon!

It was more than worth it - the joy at working out how to win the spitting contest was a teenage milestone I'll never forget.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:46:08 pm by Voltaire »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 10:04:38 pm »
:lmao took me ages to realise I had to move the bloody flags!!

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2011, 03:47:38 am »

X Copy saved me a shit load of money as well, although I did buy a few miggy games occasionally.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2011, 04:15:17 am »
Fuck I was just watching the Jet episode (obviously) when they reviewed Speedball 2! I fucking loved that game! It had escaped my memory completely until I saw the little gym section with the different parts of the armour being upgraded! What a game! Suddenly it's on it's way to me via Amazon.

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2011, 07:35:35 am »
Great memories - Argos on County Road for 20 3.5 blue disks - filling up those disk boxes with the see through lids like it was Christmas everyday!I remember copying all 12 Monkey Island 2 discs on X-Copy II at a mate's house, it took all afternoon!

It was more than worth it - the joy at working out how to win the spitting contest was a teenage milestone I'll never forget.

That game was fantastic, can remember borrowing a mate's copy and getting my dad to photocopy th Mix 'n' Mojo Voodoo Ingredients Proportion Dial!

Monkey 1 and 2, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and Fate of Atlantis - what an era.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 08:19:26 am »
Fuck I was just watching the Jet episode (obviously) when they reviewed Speedball 2! I fucking loved that game! It had escaped my memory completely until I saw the little gym section with the different parts of the armour being upgraded! What a game! Suddenly it's on it's way to me via Amazon.

I just loved that game, spent huge hours on it with my cousin.

On it's way as what may I ask ? A re-make ?

Oh and I'd thought I'd bring this youtube channel to your attention. It is entirely dedicated to longplays and has almost all of the games of that era.
Channel

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zH5_h5iowgc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zH5_h5iowgc</a>  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SgDS-16UFA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7SgDS-16UFA</a>  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cvW6okgy4wA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cvW6okgy4wA</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrKDeNT1ofY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SrKDeNT1ofY</a>   <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zgkf6wooDmw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Zgkf6wooDmw&amp;feature=related</a>

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 03:04:50 pm »
No remake mate. Master system version. :)

EDIT: Epic channel that! Will have to have a good look at it sometime soon!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:10:19 pm by Gobias Industries »

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2011, 03:16:01 pm »

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:26 pm »
No remake mate. Master system version. :)

Ha! you still have it then. I took took a couple of photos of them all before I sold them some years back.

Whenever I need to go down a trip down memory lane emulators come in handy, though I have to admit that there is nothing quite like the system itself.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2011, 04:44:26 pm »
I'm only getting to watch these now and it's fucking fantastic! :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »
Ha! you still have it then. I took took a couple of photos of them all before I sold them some years back.

Whenever I need to go down a trip down memory lane emulators come in handy, though I have to admit that there is nothing quite like the system itself.

It's nice to be able to play Alex Kidd again. :D

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 05:20:25 pm »
It's nice to be able to play Alex Kidd again. :D

Ha yeah.

It's insane when I look at these games and see how far the industry has moved in 20 years time. If one would extrapolate and assume the same level of progress where would we be in 20 years time ? Mind-boggling.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 02:58:59 pm »
Ha yeah.

It's insane when I look at these games and see how far the industry has moved in 20 years time. If one would extrapolate and assume the same level of progress where would we be in 20 years time ? Mind-boggling.

That's a good point and a good idea for a thread. Not just regarding games but the progress of technology in general.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:00:33 pm by Magin85 »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2021, 05:16:25 pm »
Bump, because it's returning.

They just announced Sir Trevor McDonald is going to be the new GamesMaster.  Absolutely perfect as a replacement.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2021, 08:44:56 pm »

They just announced Sir Trevor McDonald is going to be the new GamesMaster.  Absolutely perfect as a replacement.

But surely the same reasons people in this thread were giving 10 years ago about why this is a bad idea still hold true today. Who is this program for, and what is it offering that isn't already supplied online?

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2021, 03:24:03 am »
But surely the same reasons people in this thread were giving 10 years ago about why this is a bad idea still hold true today. Who is this program for, and what is it offering that isn't already supplied online?

Yep. Trying to capture lightening in a bottle twice, this. It's just not happening. For one thing: is Dominik Diamond involved? If not, its pointless. He made that show. The other thing people could argue is that his banter with some of the "lads" on the show contributed to a downward spiral. I disagree. This is one of the things that made it entertaining to watch. However, after re-watching some episodes somewhat recently a year or so ago, there's no way some of that so called banter would be allowed to fly today no matter what time of the day they broadcast it at. I'm amazed they got away with it, even for the 90's. The episode with Zoe Ball is a particular stand out as an example. The closest thing we had to compare to Gamemaster in recent years was Top Gear when the other three gobshites were presenting it, and just like Gamemaster before it, it too ran its course.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2021, 09:38:19 am »

Bump because of THE ORAL HISTORY

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/gamesmaster-the-oral-history

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2021, 09:40:13 am »
Yep. Trying to capture lightening in a bottle twice, this. It's just not happening. For one thing: is Dominik Diamond involved? If not, its pointless. He made that show. The other thing people could argue is that his banter with some of the "lads" on the show contributed to a downward spiral. I disagree. This is one of the things that made it entertaining to watch. However, after re-watching some episodes somewhat recently a year or so ago, there's no way some of that so called banter would be allowed to fly today no matter what time of the day they broadcast it at. I'm amazed they got away with it, even for the 90's. The episode with Zoe Ball is a particular stand out as an example. The closest thing we had to compare to Gamemaster in recent years was Top Gear when the other three gobshites were presenting it, and just like Gamemaster before it, it too ran its course.
He hasn’t been announced as one of the hosts. But I seem to remember him saying in an interview that they had consulted with him.

Basically, he’s ashamed of himself from that period.  He acted like a total arsehole and went on a huge drugs binge.

A few years after he’d gone straight, he moved out to Canada and started a new life.  He started in local radio as an unknown and has worked his way up from there to bigger stations.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:32 am »
Relevant content from 6 months ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/05/it-had-to-be-slghtly-weird-how-we-made-gamesmaster

Brief interview with the creator and Diamond himself, link has pics and video links.

'It had to be slightly weird': how we made GamesMaster

‘I got this call: do you want to audition for a show about video games? It sounded exactly the thing a dweeb with round glasses could do’

Interviews by Malcolm Jack
Mon 5 Apr 2021 15.12 BST
Last modified on Mon 5 Apr 2021 15.14 BST

Jane Hewland, series creator

I was a single mother and had just launched my own production company in the midst of a recession. My son Harry was 10 and for Christmas in 1990, he asked for a Nintendo. It came with Duck Hunt, a game where you shot at ducks on the screen with a little plastic pistol. The first time I watched him playing, it struck me that I was getting excited. That was when I had the idea for a TV show of people competing at video games.

Commissioning editors didn’t understand – clearly none of them had young kids. Then Harry had a sleepover for his birthday and all these little boys came round. I interviewed them about what video games meant to them and I cut a video of that. Channel 4 looked at it and said: “OK, now we get it.” Even then, they wouldn’t give us a proper budget. They gave us £10,000 per programme for 10 programmes. How we made it for that little, I still don’t know.

I asked Charlie Parsons [creator of The Big Breakfast and The Word] if he’d seen any presenters who might be right and we auditioned a few. I took a load of audition tapes home and sat Harry down – he became the litmus test for everything. He fell about laughing at Dominik Diamond, who made some joke about waggling his joystick. Harry loved him. And that was that.

It was the irreverent sense of humour that gave GamesMaster credibility with its audience: adolescent boys. For the kids to like us, we had to be badly thought of by authority figures. Also, we had to be slightly weird, like a secret world they could join in. The show itself was designed like a video game. Every year, we had a new level, a new set, a new style.

We caught the boom in 16-bit consoles when we launched. We were given the slot Jonathan Ross’s chat show had had on Tuesday evenings at 6.30pm – and we trebled the ratings. I remember coming home one night and looking into all the windows in the street as I passed. In every one of them, I saw a lone boy watching GamesMaster.

Harry got some nice consoles out of it. He also got his university fees paid.

Dominik Diamond, presenter

I was in the pits of despair in 1991. I’d left university with a drama degree wanting to be a standup comedian. Instead, I was temping in Milton Keynes. I’d just auditioned for The Word but didn’t get it – I wasn’t cool enough. Then I got this call: do you want to audition for a show about video games? It sounded like exactly the kind of thing a little Scottish dweeb with round glasses could do. At the audition, I made an impromptu gag about waggling joysticks. They laughed. It was the joystick knob gag that launched a thousand joystick knob gags.

I don’t think there’s been another production team that squeezed as much fun out of every frame of television as we did. Once we became a success, Channel 4 were great and just let us get on with it. I think they were too busy counting all the money. Mortal Kombat is probably the game that featured most. It was perfect because, like GamesMaster, it didn’t try to hide its naughtiness. Horrifically graphically violent, yes, but also really slapstick funny.

I took the piss out of the kids about their hair, their clothes, if they had a girlfriend, if they didn’t. I think that was part of the show’s appeal – it was like the way their mates talked to them. And then there was all the innuendo. Some of the stuff I got away with was unbelievable.

Among the celebrity guests, I always loved the comedians. Vic Reeves was like being in the presence of a comic god. Vinnie Jones was always a challenge, but he became our go-to footballer because he lived just round the corner. When Take That were on, you could tell they were just going through the motions, except for Robbie Williams – he was a genuine fan, and he really wanted to win. He’s written a wonderful foreword for a 30th anniversary GamesMaster book I’m working on. He says the only award he keeps in his house is his GamesMaster Golden Joystick.

It’s interesting how many British TV shows today are challenge-based. GamesMaster was The Great British Bake Off but with Sonic the Hedgehog instead of fondant. Top Gear definitely copied the challenge concept when they had their reboot.

But GamesMaster wasn’t really a show about video games. It was about a bunch of mates having a laugh while playing video games, and that’s why it succeeded. I just wish the whole thing had happened a decade later, in the internet age. When I look at these morons on YouTube, these humour-free monstrosities and all the money they get, I think: “We’d all be billionaires.”
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2021, 11:32:07 am »
Limmy would be the perfect presenter for this but they'll probably get Jermaine Jenas or some other bland tosser. .

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2021, 11:36:34 am »
Limmy would be the perfect presenter for this but they'll probably get Jermaine Jenas or some other bland tosser. .

Limmy is done with TV sadly and is making a small fortune on Twitch.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2021, 03:32:27 pm »
Limmy is done with TV sadly and is making a small fortune on Twitch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ngwk1_ClklI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ngwk1_ClklI</a>
:D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2021, 04:25:03 pm »
Interested to see what they do with the show.  You have streamers holding watch parties these days, viewing top level gaming competition, so I dunno what a TV show can do to differentiate from that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2021, 08:09:23 pm »
Interested to see what they do with the show.  You have streamers holding watch parties these days, viewing top level gaming competition, so I dunno what a TV show can do to differentiate from that.

it could, oh what's different from streamers..

it could.. be good?  :D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2021, 08:13:58 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ngwk1_ClklI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ngwk1_ClklI</a>

Fair point but more meant I think he has been pretty clear he isn't interested in making any shows himself anymore.

(the Twitch data leak showed he had earned £600k from Twitch so far so fair play to him!).

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2021, 06:08:49 am »
Fair point but more meant I think he has been pretty clear he isn't interested in making any shows himself anymore.

(the Twitch data leak showed he had earned £600k from Twitch so far so fair play to him!).

That wont include Twitch donations or sponsers either. Pleased for him, more talented than anyone else on the list.
:D

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2021, 07:17:56 pm »
I never understood why Dominik Diamond never went on to do more things on TV, or why he isn't even on TV these days. He's a brilliant presenter. Love his humour, too. Get yourself back on the box, Dom. I still miss Gamesmaster. Loved it.

This was one of those legendary TV moments for it's time. Perry being a show off cock and trying to do the slide shortcut, but completely fucks it up. Of course no one knew at the time that he was trying to do that, but I've recreated that for myself, and if you get it right, you land right at the bottom of the slide. The way Diamond says 'and on that BOMBSHELL!" still cracks me up today.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEFr6ACZ8sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UEFr6ACZ8sI</a>

Another of my favourit memories from the show is the clip starting at 2:42 in this video with Zoe Ball. "A lovely bunch she's got up in front of her there. Oh, no, they've slipped inside her. A couple of men have slipped inside Zoe there, but she's managed to knock one of them off." Zoe's expression on her face says she wasn't impressed. To think this was a kids TV program. :lmao

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHUc49u9fqU&amp;NR=1&amp;feature=fvwp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CHUc49u9fqU&amp;NR=1&amp;feature=fvwp</a>

I remember reading Diamonds book Celtic and me few years back, its like a short autobiography. It was very funny. His first Radio job in scotland he said something like ... and we (Celtic) have got the Huns this afternoon.... Switchboard meltdown and nearly sacked!

Or in the run up to the year 2000 he is heavy into coke/drugs and paranoid about the millennium bug collapsing society so moves into the country. New years eve and he is feeling safe awaiting all systems to fail, having a drink drug smoke and telling his mate how peaceful it is. Then his mate says about 5 miles over that mountain is SELLAFIELD....and he shits his fucking pants...:)

Mad bloke, think he's in Canada thses days.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2021, 11:54:11 am »
Yeah he appears to have a Twitch channel