Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 444562 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4720 on: November 24, 2023, 05:48:30 pm »
Seek and you will find.

Ceramic Shield, a ceramic-hardened front glass, was co-developed with Apple and is used on all iPhones from iPhone 12 onwards (except iPhone SE (3rd generation)).

So was obviously introduced on the 12 as Claire alluded to.

Great stuff.  Maybe I can get away with not using a screen protector.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4721 on: November 24, 2023, 06:33:49 pm »
Glass that's harder to crack will be easier to scratch though. Just something to keep in mind
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: November 25, 2023, 07:42:47 am »
Seek and you will find.

Ceramic Shield, a ceramic-hardened front glass, was co-developed with Apple and is used on all iPhones from iPhone 12 onwards (except iPhone SE (3rd generation)).

So was obviously introduced on the 12 as Claire alluded to.

Great stuff.  Maybe I can get away with not using a screen protector.
Dust/Quartz can scratch any glass.

I always use a screen protector.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #4723 on: November 25, 2023, 10:19:38 am »
Not an iPhone but has my S22 Ultrab for over a year, no screen protector thrown in pocket etc.  No scratches.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4724 on: November 25, 2023, 11:21:54 am »
Don’t think I had a protector on the X and it didn’t have any scratches when I did a trade in. Maybe I’m just really careful with it 🤷‍♀️

As for lashing it about at the match, don’t have it in your hand 😂

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4725 on: November 25, 2023, 04:41:45 pm »
Not an iPhone but has my S22 Ultrab for over a year, no screen protector thrown in pocket etc.  No scratches.
moleskin pockets… ?

My XS got scratches but since then it seems to have got better.  Mind you I have a work Samsung and it doesn’t scratch either.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: November 28, 2023, 09:49:44 am »
Just seen I got 3 months free 'Apple Arcade' with my new device

Just subscribed so now gonna have a look around.

Are there any gems amongst a sea of shite?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4727 on: November 29, 2023, 12:12:40 pm »
since I haven't had a commute in 10 years I don't play many now but mini motorways and Finity are two I've spent a while on.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #4728 on: December 13, 2023, 11:29:38 am »
Shifted to iphone 13 pro from Android and facing issues with migration.

I used the app "move to IOS" and everything other than whatsapp messages are successful - contacts, messages etc. But whatsapp messages dont come. It gives some error. I tried doing it thrice, but same issue.

A colleague of mine suggested using 3rd party app. But I am skeptical about it with privacy and stuff.

Anyone faced this issue? How did you solve it?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: December 13, 2023, 03:44:10 pm »
Shifted to iphone 13 pro from Android and facing issues with migration.

I used the app "move to IOS" and everything other than whatsapp messages are successful - contacts, messages etc. But whatsapp messages dont come. It gives some error. I tried doing it thrice, but same issue.

A colleague of mine suggested using 3rd party app. But I am skeptical about it with privacy and stuff.

Anyone faced this issue? How did you solve it?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/686469079565350

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: January 9, 2024, 09:25:14 am »
I tend to listen to most podcasts on my ipod Nano but I'm finding iTunes intolerable now. I load the podcasts via Windows 11 and it's just so clunky and slow I need to fuck it off.
Option 1 is to buy a Sony Walkman mp3 player.
Option 2 is to convert my Nano to play Spotify, I'd like to try this first and there seems to be different online methods - has anyone ever done it or has any advice?

Ta.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:56:26 pm by John C »

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4731 on: January 11, 2024, 11:38:04 pm »
I tend to listen to most podcasts on my ipod Nano but I'm finding iTunes intolerable now. I load the podcasts via Windows 11 and it's just so clunky and slow I need to fuck it off.
Option 1 is to buy a Song Walkman mp3 player.
Option 2 is to convert my Nano to play Spotify, I'd like to try this first and there seems to be different online methods - has anyone ever done it or has any advice?

Ta.
Option 1 - IMHO, get yourself a decent mp3 player (they go for peanuts on eBay/Amazon/CEX) instead and load it up via Windows 11 ...

Spotify, free version, plays ads after a couple of songs, unless you go premium and pay £10 a month, I believe, then it's ad-free.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4732 on: January 12, 2024, 11:56:02 pm »
Ta Kali, I'm on the verge of a complete change.
Thanks mate

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4733 on: January 14, 2024, 08:17:26 pm »
Watchin the snooker on me phone, whilst posting shite in here(as ever) whilst also watchin Vera, on the telly and whilst nibbling on Bombay mix. Would never of thought of all this could be happening when I was a skin, back in the day.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4734 on: January 16, 2024, 12:05:21 am »
I'm gonna make the switch from my Samsung S20 to the iPhone 15 Pro.

Anyone else made this jump and is the iPhone 15 Pro worth it? I'll most likely buy the handset outright from the Apple store and use my current o2 sim.

I'm paying £18 a month (80GB data, unlimited mins & text) and been with them for nearly 10 years. My S20 contract finished last year but I stuck with it which dropped my monthly fee by about £20.

I want to try get them down to £10/15  a month if possible and saw tesco have a sim only deal (30gb data) for £12 which isn't too bad.. I'd prefer to stick with o2 so if anyone has any ideas how I can get this lower that would be helpful.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4735 on: January 16, 2024, 09:34:51 am »
I'm gonna make the switch from my Samsung S20 to the iPhone 15 Pro.

Anyone else made this jump and is the iPhone 15 Pro worth it? I'll most likely buy the handset outright from the Apple store and use my current o2 sim.

I'm paying £18 a month (80GB data, unlimited mins & text) and been with them for nearly 10 years. My S20 contract finished last year but I stuck with it which dropped my monthly fee by about £20.

I want to try get them down to £10/15  a month if possible and saw tesco have a sim only deal (30gb data) for £12 which isn't too bad.. I'd prefer to stick with o2 so if anyone has any ideas how I can get this lower that would be helpful.
I switched my O2 sim to sky mobile. Same network, same service, a third of the price
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4736 on: January 16, 2024, 09:38:08 am »
Tesco also use O2.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4737 on: January 16, 2024, 04:09:13 pm »
There’s usually really good o2 deals on Uswitch. Got 5 x 20GB data SIM for all 5 of us at home which is doubled to 40GB each as we have Virgin Media at the same address. I’m paying about £7 per month for each SIM. These were switched from Sky Mobile as Sky was more expensive per SIM, had way less data and don’t include EU roaming.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4738 on: January 16, 2024, 08:08:21 pm »
80GB
Unlimited UK Texts, Unlimited UK Minutes
24 Month O2 Sim Only
RENEWAL DATE
23 Apr 2024
Monthly - £18.76

Does this mean if i buy the iPhone 15 pro i can put this sim in and it will work as normal until 23rd April where I'll have to decide if i want to continue or find a new sim provider?

I'm getting Virgin Broadband in a few weeks so makes sense to stick with o2 as they will double the data for free I believe.

Uswitch have 25gb o2 data sim for £8 a month. Am i right in thinking this will be 50gb once i get VM?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:11:01 pm by Danny Singh »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4739 on: January 16, 2024, 08:31:40 pm »
80GB
Unlimited UK Texts, Unlimited UK Minutes
24 Month O2 Sim Only
RENEWAL DATE
23 Apr 2024
Monthly - £18.76

Does this mean if i buy the iPhone 15 pro i can put this sim in and it will work as normal until 23rd April where I'll have to decide if i want to continue or find a new sim provider?

I'm getting Virgin Broadband in a few weeks so makes sense to stick with o2 as they will double the data for free I believe.

Uswitch have 25gb o2 data sim for £8 a month. Am i right in thinking this will be 50gb once i get VM?
Depends on who you buy it from.  If you buy form Voda phone, you can’t put in a sim that works on the O2 network (for instance).

I buy direct form apple now, this means the phone isn’t locked to any network and you can put in any sim you want.

If you do that, you're ok!
W

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4740 on: January 16, 2024, 09:01:04 pm »
Depends on who you buy it from.  If you buy form Voda phone, you can’t put in a sim that works on the O2 network (for instance).

I buy direct form apple now, this means the phone isn’t locked to any network and you can put in any sim you want.

Yep, i'll be buying the phone outright from Apple.

So can i put this sim in right away and then change to the £8 sim in April or can i do this straight away?

If i do change sim, how will i keep my same number?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: January 16, 2024, 09:12:41 pm »

Yep

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4742 on: January 16, 2024, 09:14:28 pm »
Yep, i'll be buying the phone outright from Apple.

So can i put this sim in right away and then change to the £8 sim in April or can i do this straight away?

If i do change sim, how will i keep my same number?
You can do it straight away as if you buy from apple youre not locked to a network

You have to take a number (your PAC number or something??) from you old sim, you send a text and it basically moves your old number to the new sim.

Google it, it’s dead easy, even I can do it ;D. The sim provider will give you instructions too.
W

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4743 on: January 16, 2024, 11:18:42 pm »
You can do it straight away as if you buy from apple youre not locked to a network

You have to take a number (your PAC number or something??) from you old sim, you send a text and it basically moves your old number to the new sim.

Google it, it’s dead easy, even I can do it ;D. The sim provider will give you instructions too.

But wouldn't I still have to pay the remaining 4 months of my sim only contract?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4744 on: January 16, 2024, 11:31:12 pm »
You won’t need a PAC code if you’re going from one o2 SIM to another. When you purchase the plan from Uswitch it will take you to the o2 website and ask you if you are an existing customer, it may give you options on paying the contract off early at that point. Its usually discounted.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: January 17, 2024, 06:55:48 am »
But wouldn't I still have to pay the remaining 4 months of my sim only contract?

If you're buying from apple, just stick that sim in your phone for 4 months
W

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #4746 on: January 17, 2024, 01:20:15 pm »

Network locked phones havent been allowed for a few years.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4747 on: January 17, 2024, 02:20:35 pm »
You won’t need a PAC code if you’re going from one o2 SIM to another. When you purchase the plan from Uswitch it will take you to the o2 website and ask you if you are an existing customer, it may give you options on paying the contract off early at that point. Its usually discounted.

Your absolutely right.

Will cost me £57 upfront and then £8 a month (25GB) for 12 months. (Using uswitch)

In 2 minds whether to pay it or wait 4 months and switch for free but the offer might be gone..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:27:57 pm by Danny Singh »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4748 on: January 17, 2024, 05:02:25 pm »
Network locked phones havent been allowed for a few years.
ah that’s good!  I didn’t buy them for that reason
W

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4749 on: January 29, 2024, 12:15:31 pm »
Anyone else got the 15 Pro in Natural Titanium?

Bought it yesterday from Apple store and now need a good case to go with it. I'm swaying towards a clear case from Spigen but would be good to see what others have that could look good.

Thanks

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4750 on: January 29, 2024, 01:08:15 pm »
It's a shame that most new phones are so insanely slippery and heavy, that you basically need to wear a case otherwise it would be broken within a week. I much prefer handling a phone without the case, but since I picked up iPhone 13, I had to put on a case. Why don't they put some effort into making the materials less slippery, or having some grippy, ergonomic shape?