Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 21496 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Facebook
« Reply #240 on: October 5, 2021, 01:14:47 pm »
wanna see a photo of the dump i took whilst it was down?

:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #241 on: October 5, 2021, 03:28:14 pm »
wanna see a photo of the dump i took whilst it was down?

Go on then John

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #242 on: October 5, 2021, 03:34:52 pm »
As in you need to access it to do your job? Or you just browse it all day when at work? In which case I sympathise!

Haha, both ;D

Is that aimed at redgriffin or face book?
;D
Do you work in social media, or just rely on it
Yeah, in the meedya, dahhlings. Spend half my day posting stuff on FB et al, or trying to anyway.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #243 on: October 5, 2021, 04:33:37 pm »
That's pretty interesting. For a say three line post, how much time do you spend creating it , checking it's not offensive to someone somewhere?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 5, 2021, 06:29:51 pm »
That's pretty interesting. For a say three line post, how much time do you spend creating it , checking it's not offensive to someone somewhere?

He's a paid troll. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 6, 2021, 08:49:07 am »
Zuckerberg apologised for the outage, saying "we k ow how much everyone relies on our services to stay in contact with loved ones. "

I'm with Jimmy Kimmel. Sounds like a threat. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #246 on: October 6, 2021, 11:18:07 am »
Facebook staff were unable to fix the problem from Facebook HQ, as they were locked out of both their internal systems and their physical offices, as the security protections were run on the same system that went down.

:lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/05/facebook-outage-what-went-wrong-and-why-did-it-take-so-long-to-fix

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #247 on: October 6, 2021, 11:22:26 am »
Facebook staff were unable to fix the problem from Facebook HQ, as they were locked out of both their internal systems and their physical offices, as the security protections were run on the same system that went down.

:lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/05/facebook-outage-what-went-wrong-and-why-did-it-take-so-long-to-fix

I think this is what Elmo meant by

Fucking amateur stuff to have your management access reliant on the same infrastructure with the same points of failure.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #248 on: October 6, 2021, 11:42:27 am »
I think this is what Elmo meant by

That'll learn me to read-back through the thread before posting  :-\
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"