Author Topic: Sissoko - Part Man Part Machine.....The Making of a Liverpool Legend  (Read 17792 times)

Offline roscoff

• Main Stander
Re: Sissoko - Part Man Part Machine.....The Making of a Liverpool Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 10:58:16 am »
the only reason momo got booked was bescause stevie and xabi f**ked up a passing move in the middle...momo had to cut off the danger by any means.....

Offline DOA

• Kemlynite
  • http://doad123.deviantart.com/
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 11:10:26 am »
Made a wallpaper about this same as the thread title a few weeks back. Check it out

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1876/sissokowallcopysk9.jpg

Offline Sissoko78

• Anny Roader
  • Pressing is the first step in attacking, no?
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:08 am »
Top post mate.

Part of the beauty of our team is that so many of our players are at their most effective against top quality opponents willing to come out and play us.  I don't think that applies to anyone moreso than Momo.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:29 am »
What happened to Momo ? Couldn't really see from the Gods at Barca. Was it in a tackle with Ronaldinho ?

Yeh, Ronnie went in a little late and caught Momo with his studs. I didn't think it looked that bad even in the replay but maybe he cut him open or something. The man's a machine, he probably jogged back from the stadium.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:36 am »
Yeh, Ronnie went in a little late and caught Momo with his studs. I didn't think it looked that bad even in the replay but maybe he cut him open or something. The man's a machine, he probably jogged back from the stadium.

I thought it looked quite nasty, was worried in case he had fractured it. then those bloody barca players started pushing Momo onto the wee cart thing. Cuh!! Bad sportmanship let alone no concern for an obviously injured fellow pro.  :no

Momo is boss tho  :)
Football is a lie

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 11:46:41 am »
He's a monster, fucking immense last night.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 11:46:45 am »
Great post - Momo was awesome last night!
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:24 am »
I thought it looked quite nasty, was worried in case he had fractured it. then those bloody barca players started pushing Momo onto the wee cart thing. Cuh!! Bad sportmanship let alone no concern for an obviously injured fellow pro.  :no

Momo is boss tho  :)

There didn't look to be much force behind it, I think its more likely he cut him than did any stress damage. It was a little nasty but I've seen worse and as for those dicks pushing him onto the trolley! That was bang out of order but I'm sure he'll remember that for the 2nd leg.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 12:39:22 pm »
There didn't look to be much force behind it, I think its more likely he cut him than did any stress damage. It was a little nasty but I've seen worse and as for those dicks pushing him onto the trolley! That was bang out of order but I'm sure he'll remember that for the 2nd leg.
Just watched the re-run. I think he might have twisted it under Ronaldinho.

7-14 days probably but would expect him to be back before the return.

Momo was very strong last night and just broke Barca up time after time. Good performance really but having watched it again we could even have done better.

Kuyt should have scored the header. Had thought last night it might have been a bit too high but it was perfect for him. Also bit of a sloppy first touch for second goal but he was tired by then.

Great play from Bellamy for second goal.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:08 pm »
Just watched the re-run. I think he might have twisted it under Ronaldinho.

7-14 days probably but would expect him to be back before the return.

Momo was very strong last night and just broke Barca up time after time. Good performance really but having watched it again we could even have done better.

Kuyt should have scored the header. Had thought last night it might have been a bit too high but it was perfect for him. Also bit of a sloppy first touch for second goal but he was tired by then.

Great play from Bellamy for second goal.

Yeh in fairness Kuyt should have done better with both chances. Still I reckon he'll get better and at least he was there to take them, he's still getting used to the game at this level. And Bellamy's awareness for the second goal was brilliant, plenty of players would have snatched at that and gone for glory.

Offline gimp killer

• Boys Pen
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 12:55:26 pm »
Once again showed the invisible Gerrard how to dominate the midfield in a big game

Offline Cally77=Indigo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 12:59:15 pm »

Cheers Moley. Sorted. ;)

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 01:01:29 pm »
Very good first post Indigo.  :thumbup
Justice for the 96.

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 01:01:43 pm »
great read, agree with you all the way...Momo Is Boss, he truly is!

For sure! Love him to bits, dont remember much of last night due to excess celebrating but i do remember momo doing what he does best! Welcome back momo!!
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 01:02:44 pm »
Good first posts mate- welcome  :)

I agree with your second post especially. Sissoko's no Alonso or Gerrard in his passing, but he's not as bad as people make out. He was our best midfielder in the FA Cup final- well, in overall performance. His passing that day was good. Also, being next to a pass master in Xabi would also magnify his mistakes in posession.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 01:08:01 pm »
momo, stevie, xabi and masch

i think i've just cum
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Cally77=Indigo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:51 pm »
Think Kuyt had his worst game for us so far. He was tireless as always, but his touch deserted him at times, he showed little of the skill he posesses outside the box, and there was no excuse whatsoever for missing that sitter at the end.

On the positive side though, had he scored that header, the game would have changed, and it would probably have resulted in Riise not getting his goal. Some people would see it as "had he scored, we'd be taking a 3-1 lead back to Anfield"..... but it's not a simple as that.

Also, that was a bad game for him. That's it. He is likely to be much better in the return leg if he plays, which can only be a good thing for Liverpool.

A lot is being made of how below par (forgive the pun) Barca were last night, but we were hardly at our immaculate best either.

Alonso gifted Barca a couple of opportunities to attack by misplacing passes he probably plays in his sleep, Gerrard gifted Zambrotta the chance to cross for their goal when, on reflection, he's wondering quite why he didn't deliver the ball to the pigeon on the roof, Kuyt missed a great chance, Bellamy could have done much better with his first header, and Riise made a number of poor plays technically.

Overall, it was a great performance, and a fantastic result. But It certainly wasn't a flawless Liverpool beating a mediocre Barcelona. I think we deserve more credit than that.

We can raise our level a notch higher at Anfield, especially with the crowd behind us, and we should be looking to beat them again.

Our biggest threat in the return leg is our own mentality. We've definitely got to approach the game in an aggressive manner to go through.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:16:52 pm by Indigo »

Offline speker

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:23 pm »
From Bascombe in the Echo,

"Liverpool returned to Merseyside this morning. Momo Sissoko’s shin injury is not considered too serious."

Good news!

Offline Gavo

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 01:22:22 pm »
Very good news ... I thought his whole attitude was fantastic considering most of us would've lost the plot against the Barca 'superstars' !
"Winning trophies has made me put on weight."

Offline Reds Turkish Delight

• Kopite
  • Form is temporary Class is permanate
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 01:49:37 pm »
Momo was sensational last night he strangled Barcelona's creative midfielders and stopped most of the supply to the strikers. He was an absolute Monster. A future Liverpool captain? maybe !  ;)
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are, in my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

Offline Cally77=Indigo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:04 pm »
From Bascombe in the Echo,

"Liverpool returned to Merseyside this morning. Momo Sissoko’s shin injury is not considered too serious."

Good news!

Great news.

Offline SimonW

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:27 pm »
Thank goodness the injury isn't serious. Wouldn't mind even if he missed Sheffield utd as long as he's fit for the scum the following week.

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 01:55:46 pm »
Thank goodness the injury isn't serious. Wouldn't mind even if he missed Sheffield utd as long as he's fit for the scum the following week.

Although we do have Mascherano :)

Hope he makes his debut on Sat... Can't wait...
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 02:09:38 pm »
great read mate. if he scored a few goals a season aswell as what he does now, he'd be absolutely phenomenal

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 02:10:10 pm »
Made a wallpaper about this same as the thread title a few weeks back. Check it out

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1876/sissokowallcopysk9.jpg

Nice work!

Something like the Stevie G Lucozade ad last year!
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 02:13:13 pm »
great read mate. if he scored a few goals a season aswell as what he does now, he'd be absolutely phenomenal

unusual for a player who began life as a striker eh (well besides Carra :) ) think he's been a little unlucky, didn't Jaskelainnen pull of an amazing save from Momo last season at the Reebok?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline MoMo is BOSS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »
A great tribute to the Boss Indigo, cheers mate.

Offline Jackson_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2007, 02:35:01 pm »
whats that coming over the hill? is it a Monster? No it's MOMO

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 02:38:01 pm »
I'd echo the majority of comments about the lad. Frightening to think what he will develop into!
below are Rafa's comments when we signed Mo....typical Rafa. Honest and concise!

Rafael Benitez has revealed he only realised Liverpool new-boy Mohamed Sissoko was available after reading a daily newspaper. 

Benitez took his new recruit to Liverpool's training camp in Switzerland still rubbing salt in Everton's wound after pipping them to the capture of the Mali international.

Sissoko changed his mind at the last minute and opted to join his former Valencia boss at Anfield, snubbing a furious Everton at the same time.

"You can talk and talk and talk, but only when you see the player training in front of you can you say it is done," said Benitez.    
Sissoko is Benitez's fifth summer signing, taking his spree since winning the European Cup to over £15m.

And Sissoko is the biggest surprise because he was not initially on Benitez's shopping list.

The Spanish boss said: "I was reading the papers and discovered about Sissoko, I was surprised. The most important thing is to sign the players, not to talk about signing players."    

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:09:41 pm by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2007, 02:49:24 pm »
Just threw this together - not a patch on DOA's pic, but thought I'd share it here anyway

(Btw, cracking post, Indigo)
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline bert20

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007, 03:20:59 pm »
http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=289263&start=0&rid=&S=85f2d6452ac3f6f88bc87a0af31017c9

I know it'd be easy just to dismiss that and close it but just read up to the Flecther comment :D

Offline Jackson_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2007, 03:21:47 pm »
He is okay...... it will take more than that to hurt MOMO - the man's a machine!

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 03:25:10 pm »
Mo Mo Mo, is magic
you know
You'll never get past Sissoko
Magic , Oh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 03:30:06 pm »
Was I watching a different game then? I saw him give the ball away about twice, perhaps I need new contacts.

Never have I seen such a bunch of clueless bastards in one place before, I shant be joining the football365 in the near future, i'd end up killing myself after repeatedly doing this: :butt

Offline Cally77=Indigo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2007, 04:16:55 pm »

Hehe. Oh well, I suppose you've just got to wait for a couple of years til they're all enthusing about how much they want him in their team, and pretend they never doubted him in the first place.

It's a shame that so many people's opinions are formed based on some cliche or stereotype.

If they really loved the game they'd have a look for themselves.

Wankers.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2007, 04:26:52 pm »

100% machine

87:13

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
Was I watching a different game then? I saw him give the ball away about twice, perhaps I need new contacts.

Never have I seen such a bunch of clueless bastards in one place before, I shant be joining the football365 in the near future, i'd end up killing myself after repeatedly doing this: :butt

I gave up visiting that site some time ago. A bunch of muppets who are generally no better than the redtops they spend so much time taking the piss out of.

Offline Cally77=Indigo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2007, 06:31:44 pm »

It's funny, but sites like that give you an insight into how many people form their opinions based on something or other they've heard from someone else.

That's the power of the media.

If Andy gray comes out tomorrow and enthuses about the lad, and shows sixty replays with red arrows and white circles showing why Sissoko+E-mc2 = quality, you'll see the opinions change drastically.

Which is a bit sad.

Offline CalvinMalteseRed

• The lighter way to enjoy football
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2007, 06:54:58 pm »
Momo's gonna get ya ;D
OH CAMPIONE
THE ONE AND ONLY
WE'RE LIVERPOOL....

THEY SAY OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, WE'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE
BUT SCOUSERS RULE THE COUNTRY LIKE WE'VE ALWAYS DONE BEFORE...

Shankly built a football team that shook the spion Kop!
We've conquered all of Europe and we're never gonna stop!

JFT96
Free Michael Shields!
Don't buy the s*n

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."