Author Topic: Martin Tyler  (Read 19592 times)

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Martin Tyler
« Reply #200 on: August 6, 2022, 10:37:22 am »
It’s wrong to have  a go at Kelly Cates for the stupidity of Tyler. She is completely sound about Hillsborough. Tyler was lazy and the mask slipped. Deep down he believes Hillsborough was down to hooliganism but realises in 2022 he cannot say that. We should focus on Tyler .

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 6, 2022, 10:43:35 am »
Tyler metaphorically spat at us, but it seems Sky are only bothered about the real thing.

Hope the next time he dares set foot in Anfield the whole stadium chants "Fuck off Tyler" for at least a full five minutes right at him.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 10:45:12 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #202 on: August 6, 2022, 10:53:29 am »
Tyler metaphorically spat at us, but it seems Sky are only bothered about the real thing.

Hope the next time he dares set foot in Anfield the whole stadium chants "Fuck off Tyler" for at least a full five minutes right at him.

Banner would be nice :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 6, 2022, 10:58:23 am »
Banner would be nice :D

I'd prefer a chant, as viewers will hear it. TV cameras would avoid showing a banner, even if Tyler himself can see it.

Mind you, the club could always reprogram the pitschside electronic advertising hoardings... :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 6, 2022, 11:03:49 am »
Mind you, the club could always reprogram the pitschside electronic advertising hoardings... :D

:D

F.....U.....C.....K........O......F......F........T.......Y.....L......E......R.

Hopefully the club does more than trying to "educate" these people, he knew what he was doing

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #205 on: August 6, 2022, 11:21:44 am »
See my tagline underneath this, under the picture of Kenny?. For as long as I have been on here. I am disappointed that Kelly and Melissa work for Murdoch. None of us should be supporting his empire. The club should make a strong statement. I hope this leads to Tyler's dismissal, because I would like it to lose him money and the platform.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #206 on: August 6, 2022, 11:25:29 am »
Sky should really have moved Martin Tyler along ages ago… he is a senile commentator who very clearly has a certain bias towards certain clubs when on commentary.

But this is exactly why he remains employed by them along with all of the other ‘shock jock’ wankers; their MO is to actively seek out controversy at every turn to create traffic through their empire of shit media companies…and folks fall for it hook, line and sinker time after time.

My old man used to watch football with the sound turned down and I thought it was funny…but, I’ve started doing it myself (not every time, usually when Tyler/Neville and their ilk are on comms, or at least when I’ve had my fill of their shit during a game) and, while missing out on the atmosphere, it makes for a much more relaxing watch.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 11:30:32 am by Red-4-Ever »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #207 on: August 6, 2022, 11:28:25 am »
See my tagline underneath this, under the picture of Kenny?. For as long as I have been on here. I am disappointed that Kelly and Melissa work for Murdoch. None of us should be supporting his empire. The club should make a strong statement. I hope this leads to Tyler's dismissal, because I would like it to lose him money and the platform.

Murdoch sold his holdings in Sky when he couldn’t own the whole thing, didn’t he?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #208 on: August 6, 2022, 11:31:31 am »
But this is exactly why he remains employed by them along with all of the other ‘shock jock’ wankers; their MO is to actively seek out controversy at every turn to create traffic through their empire of shit media companies…and folks fall for it hook, line and sinker time after time.

My old man used to watch football with the sound turned down and I thought it was funny…but, I’ve started doing it myself (not every time, usually when Tyler/Neville and their ilk are on comms) and, while missing out on the atmosphere, it makes for a much more relaxing watch.

It certainly does.
Having someone “in the room” spouting absolute shite can see the opposite is happening increases your stress levels.
Imagine watching the game live with some annoying old bastard sat next to you telling you that what you could see was a red card was only borderline because Tony Taylor isn’t a Manc he supports Altrincham
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: August 6, 2022, 11:55:37 am »
Exactly :thumbup

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 6, 2022, 12:19:41 pm »
There's a lot of people talking about subjective things with absolute certainty about all aspects of this. It's not healthy, and is all speculation. For this to have now moved to attacking Kelly Cates, and putting her down by invoking her dad (as if anyone here knows better than her what her dad thinks or what his values are).

I will declare my biases. I fucking despise Tyler and was furious seeing this thread title and the first line, ready to lose it at yet more of this shit. Especially after Paris. That said, listening to the short clip this is how I hear/read it:

"we weren't that long after Hillsborough, and other - hooligan-related - issues as well"

Given history (and the fact he's an employed orator), he should have worked harder to mention these two things separately. Should also be clearer than simply saying "as well" at the end that he didn't think one was part of the other. That was before reading his apology on a later page. I can't remember him ever saying anything remotely close to this with regards to Hillsborough though. Or casting any aspersions on Paris, as certain BT people did.

I at the very least believe there's a good chance he's being honest. I definitely don't think there is anything to be certain about. Above all though, people need to stop casting aspersions at Kelly Cates. A man mispeaks on an emotive issue, and a day later we have Liverpool fans with the target on a woman (who to say she deserves benefit of the doubt is a major fucking understatement) that works with him. People need to take a moment and think, because you've gone beyond what's reasonable.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 6, 2022, 12:29:15 pm »
For this to have now moved to attacking Kelly Cates, and putting her down by invoking her dad (as if anyone here knows better than her what her dad thinks or what his values are).
Above all though, people need to stop casting aspersions at Kelly Cates. A man mispeaks on an emotive issue, and a day later we have Liverpool fans with the target on a woman (who to say she deserves benefit of the doubt is a major fucking understatement) that works with him.
Neither of these statements are true or helpful in this discussion.

All anyone has asked, and there's probably only 3 of us, is to enquire whether she could have spoken out about it.

You're taking everything out of context by using the word "attacking", please stop it.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #212 on: August 6, 2022, 12:37:33 pm »
Murdoch sold his holdings in Sky when he couldn’t own the whole thing, didn’t he?
He still has a massive media empire, and Sky didn't stop being a mouthpiece of the right overnight did it?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 6, 2022, 12:42:08 pm »
Neither of these statements are true or helpful in this discussion.

All anyone has asked, and there's probably only 3 of us, is to enquire whether she could have spoken out about it.

You're taking everything out of context by using the word "attacking", please stop it.

I think you're right, on reflection. Attacking is not the right word, sorry. Happy to be corrected cheers.

I will say though, that there are a few people very prematurely expressing harsh judgments of her. And Kenny has been invoked in a way that wonders if he supports her. I think this is unhealthy speculation (though not unpleasant, as I first thought in a rush to judgment) and serves nobodies interests.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 01:19:29 pm by Classycara »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 6, 2022, 01:19:17 pm »
I think you're right, on reflection. Attacking is not the right word, happy to be corrected cheers.

I will say though, that there are a few people very prematurely expressing harsh judgments of her. And Kenny has been invoked in a way that wonders if he supports her. I think this is unhealthy speculation (though not unpleasant, as I first thought in a rush to judgment) and serves nobodies interests.
No problem mate, I was just about to edit my post so it didn't look like I was having a go at you  ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 6, 2022, 01:20:55 pm »
No problem mate, I was just about to edit my post so it didn't look like I was having a go at you  ;D
Same here mate!

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #216 on: August 7, 2022, 04:38:25 pm »
Any sign of an apology before his SNF gig tonight?

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #217 on: August 7, 2022, 04:38:48 pm »
There’s a petition on change.org to ban Tyler from Anfield.  I signed it earlier but don’t know how to post it on here being a bit of a technophobe.

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: August 7, 2022, 04:44:07 pm »
There’s a petition on change.org to ban Tyler from Anfield.  I signed it earlier but don’t know how to post it on here being a bit of a technophobe.

https://www.change.org/p/ban-martin-tyler-from-liverpool-fc-games

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 7, 2022, 06:26:22 pm »
There's a lot of people talking about subjective things with absolute certainty about all aspects of this. It's not healthy, and is all speculation. For this to have now moved to attacking Kelly Cates, and putting her down by invoking her dad (as if anyone here knows better than her what her dad thinks or what his values are).

I will declare my biases. I fucking despise Tyler and was furious seeing this thread title and the first line, ready to lose it at yet more of this shit. Especially after Paris. That said, listening to the short clip this is how I hear/read it:

"we weren't that long after Hillsborough, and other - hooligan-related - issues as well"

Given history (and the fact he's an employed orator), he should have worked harder to mention these two things separately. Should also be clearer than simply saying "as well" at the end that he didn't think one was part of the other. That was before reading his apology on a later page. I can't remember him ever saying anything remotely close to this with regards to Hillsborough though. Or casting any aspersions on Paris, as certain BT people did.

I at the very least believe there's a good chance he's being honest. I definitely don't think there is anything to be certain about. Above all though, people need to stop casting aspersions at Kelly Cates. A man mispeaks on an emotive issue, and a day later we have Liverpool fans with the target on a woman (who to say she deserves benefit of the doubt is a major fucking understatement) that works with him. People need to take a moment and think, because you've gone beyond what's reasonable.

Like I said earlier, I played the clip to my wife and she heard it this way

"we weren't that long after Hillsborough..... and other hooligan-related issues as well"

I've just asked my 14 yr old son to listen to it and he immediately said "he's blaming Hillsborough on hooliganism". He didn't realise it was Tyler and when I told him, he went on a rant about how he hates Tyler, how he hates Liverpool and how he sounds so disinterested when we score.

When writing, you can use punctuation to get what you want to say across, but in spoken word, you can't do that, so you have to either phrase it better, or include/exclude words. If he's said "we weren't that long after Hillsborough, then there were hooligan-related issues as well", that separates the two things and changes what he has said. Its the use of the word other that links the two. He well knows if he says "Hillsborough (short pause) and hooligan related issues as well" no-one relates Hillsborough to Hooliganism.

The way you have punctuated it doesn't actually match what he said either, the says "Hillsborough (short pause) and other hooligan related issues as well" (the second part all flows, no pauses).
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #220 on: August 7, 2022, 07:08:12 pm »
He released a statement shortly afterward stating that he realises there’s no link between hooliganism and Hillsborough.

As I say, I can see why people are unwilling to accept that explanation but it’s a bit different for his employer who have to act within the realms of employment law.

It was neither immediate, and neither did he apologise for what he said.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: August 7, 2022, 07:31:18 pm »
'Other' and 'as well' are the shite words here and show he hasn't thought about it at all, at best.

Surely it would be straightforward to say 'we weren't that long after Hillsborough', there were also hooligan-related issues at that time'.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 7, 2022, 07:45:05 pm »
I’m appalled to see Kelly getting criticism from some here, Kelly and her family are of course absolutely on the right side of the truth when it comes to the Hillsborough cover up. I wonder how many of those criticising her have watched sky sports or even paid for it, I know I have and do so I’d be a hypocrite. This topic needs to stay focused on Tyler and his despicable behaviour.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #223 on: August 7, 2022, 07:53:34 pm »
I’m appalled to see Kelly getting criticism from some here, Kelly and her family are of course absolutely on the right side of the truth when it comes to the Hillsborough cover up. I wonder how many of those criticising her have watched sky sports or even paid for it, I know I have and do so I’d be a hypocrite. This topic needs to stay focused on Tyler and his despicable behaviour.

Totally agree.  I too am disappointed at some of the comments about Kelly. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 7, 2022, 07:55:44 pm »
What exactly can Kelly say? She's worked with that fool for a couple of decades and presumably is a nice to her probably and a colleague too.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2022, 08:03:51 pm »
It’s wrong to have  a go at Kelly Cates for the stupidity of Tyler. She is completely sound about Hillsborough. Tyler was lazy and the mask slipped. Deep down he believes Hillsborough was down to hooliganism but realises in 2022 he cannot say that. We should focus on Tyler .

Agree 100%. What Tyler said has got nothing to do with Kelly, besides none of us know what conversations have gone on behind closed doors. Unbelievable given what Kenny did not just around Hillsborough but Heysel too that people would start throwing his daughters name into the hat, can only assume they weren’t around back then or were too young to remember what he did.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 7, 2022, 10:14:29 pm »
To be clear, it was me that first raised the situation Kelly Cates is in. But lets not twist what I or anyone else said. Nobody is "having a go at her".
Like Carragher she's closer to the club and knows unequivocally what happened regarding Hillsborough. Martin Tyler delivered a significantly disappointing and damaging comment about the whole campaign. My concern is that life carried on as normal for all of them following a pathetic apology from Tyler. I'm not having a go or calling for anyone to leave their job, I'm simply wondering if Carragher and Cates could have suggested to Sky that it would be best if he didn't commentate that night, Indeed it would have been a reasonably moral stance for Sky to take and everyone carry's on from there until they meet the club with the BBC also.

When someone makes such a egregious comment like that we mustn't get in to a situation when any individual is beyond asking a question to.
'

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: August 7, 2022, 11:22:51 pm »
To be clear, it was me that first raised the situation Kelly Cates is in. But lets not twist what I or anyone else said. Nobody is "having a go at her".
Like Carragher she's closer to the club and knows unequivocally what happened regarding Hillsborough. Martin Tyler delivered a significantly disappointing and damaging comment about the whole campaign. My concern is that life carried on as normal for all of them following a pathetic apology from Tyler. I'm not having a go or calling for anyone to leave their job, I'm simply wondering if Carragher and Cates could have suggested to Sky that it would be best if he didn't commentate that night, Indeed it would have been a reasonably moral stance for Sky to take and everyone carry's on from there until they meet the club with the BBC also.

When someone makes such a egregious comment like that we mustn't get in to a situation when any individual is beyond asking a question to.
'

The Dalglish name is club royalty John, I’m sure you know we are talking about the daughter of a man who is not only arguably the best player to ever pull on a red shirt in our 130 year history but also a man who picked this club indeed picked this city up off its knee’s twice in the space of 4 years back in the 80’s, a man who went to 96 funerals, often 2 or 3 in the same day. a man who gave everything he had, blood, sweat, tears and even his health for this club. He defended us when people spat on the floor at the mere mention of LFC, when we were not just sporting pariahs but pariahs full stop in the wake of Heysel and he defended us when most of the country either believed the lies or wanted to believe the lies written in the press in the wake of Hillsborough.
I completely understand that you said what you said with the best of motives but for me wether it’s Kenny’s 64th cousin twice removed or indeed his daughter the Dalglish name is beyond criticism whatever has gone on. Dragging Kelly into this will just hurt Kenny.
Anyway let’s not make more of this than it is, we are all on the same side here and I’m not trying to imply that you don’t respect or indeed love Kenny I’m just saying let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #228 on: August 7, 2022, 11:27:20 pm »
So no action taken huh? Not even a cursory slap on the wrist?

Not that I was expecting anything else really.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #229 on: August 8, 2022, 12:37:06 am »
It’s amazing how cancelled everyone gets about saying literally anything vaguely offensive towards a collection of people unless it’s about us

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #230 on: August 8, 2022, 04:23:58 am »
Kelly shouldn’t come into this.

Tyler made the comment him and his employer are the ones questions should be asked of. Not people who work with him.

For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 8, 2022, 09:06:09 am »
Anyway let’s not make more of this than it is, we are all on the same side here and I’m not trying to imply that you don’t respect or indeed love Kenny
Unquestionably Red mate, unquestionably.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 8, 2022, 09:41:08 am »
The shithouse is well past his use by date, what is he now?, 76 or something like that?, he'll only end up being replaced by another puppet, which won't matter to me as I don't watch Sly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #233 on: August 8, 2022, 10:14:53 am »
So no action taken huh? Not even a cursory slap on the wrist?

Not that I was expecting anything else really.

I just want him off our games (because of his bias), which Sky can do quietly. No doubt when the first big game arrives (i.e. the Mancs) he'll be there next to Neville.

He's an old dinosaur that needs fucking off anyway. Couldn't bear listening to him for 1 minute on Friday so turned the thing off.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 10:16:24 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 8, 2022, 10:24:58 am »
There's a lot of people talking about subjective things with absolute certainty about all aspects of this. It's not healthy, and is all speculation. [...]

I at the very least believe there's a good chance he's being honest. I definitely don't think there is anything to be certain about. [...]

Agreed with all of this. Absolute weapon of a commentator, cannot stand his moping whenever Liverpool scores, but I do believe him when he says he didn't mean to conflate Hillsborough and hooliganism. Haven't read the Kelly stuff so I have no opinion on that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 8, 2022, 10:28:31 am »
Petition not going exactly well

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 8, 2022, 10:37:39 am »
Agreed with all of this. Absolute weapon of a commentator, cannot stand his moping whenever Liverpool scores, but I do believe him when he says he didn't mean to conflate Hillsborough and hooliganism. Haven't read the Kelly stuff so I have no opinion on that.

I appreciate you omitting the Kelly stuff out from quoting my post, because I had overstepped slightly on it and it's also since been discussed. Thanks mate.

Offline robert121

• Kemlynite
« Reply #237 on: August 8, 2022, 10:45:41 am »
Petition not going exactly well
Only just seen the petition and signed right away.
Maybe needs to be advertised in other forums and not just the tyler one.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 8, 2022, 10:47:19 am »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 8, 2022, 10:48:58 am »
I'll throw my opinion in although I understand it won't be really popular. I don't think Tyler intended to link the 2, I don't think he believes Hillsborough was down to hooliganism. Anyone who does believe that should be ashamed of themselves  and educate themselves while they're at it. Tyler is a tube, he has issues with us that part un undeniably true but people do word stuff wrongly. It doesn't mean they necessarily mean it the way it sounds. I might be wrong, I'd hope I'm not.
I come from a place where a massacre took place 50 years ago. Where a peaceful civil rights protest turned into a bloodbath and my family lost friends to it, most families I know had people hurt physically or mentally, my mother dodged a bullet by crawling on her hands and knees. I've heard people intentionally to antagonise and mistakenly from poor choice of words describe the reasons why what happened here happened. I understand who damaging statements can be when they are inaccurate
It sounds shocking reading or listening to what he said and the more I hear it the worse it sounds actually, but I'm taking the approach that he may dislike us and he may be a hard listen, but that he simply can't believe that Hillsborough was down to hooliganism.