Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool - League, Sat 6 Aug @ 12:30pm  (Read 19129 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool - League, Sat 6 Aug @ 12:30pm
« Reply #80 on: August 3, 2022, 06:48:10 pm »
The Community Shield game was a massive help, I think. People can say it's a friendly all they like but it felt way more competitive than most friendlies, and against an elite side to boot. I doubt any of Fulham's pre-season games have come close to that level of intensity.

We actually play every friendly with intensity. That’s why Klopp starts with 30min each.  Last year, with no tour, he was able to organise 30 min matches. He says 30 minutes of full intensity is better than 90 minutes holding back or playing at a pace we’d never play in competitive games.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #81 on: August 4, 2022, 07:29:10 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for a great op stockdam. Our team seems pretty easy to predict with only questions being is Ali fit , (seems he is) and does Bobby start (I think he does). As many say, I expect a routine win, with Mo getting off the mark.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 4, 2022, 07:36:34 am »
Cant wait for Satdee. First game of the Season really lifts your mood. come on redmen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 4, 2022, 09:42:08 am »

Premier League predictions begin with Crystal Palace v Arsenal tomorrow. Sign up using the thread below. Predictions thread is also now open

Premier League Predictions sign up - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352757.0

LFC predictions started at the weekend, but anyone is welcome to join at any time

LFC Prediction league - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352756.0

:wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #84 on: August 4, 2022, 09:44:57 am »
Back to planning my weekends around football it is.  :D

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 4, 2022, 10:28:14 am »
Not sure it's been mentioned in the thread but Harry Wilson is out for two months so will miss this.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 4, 2022, 10:29:21 am »

Except only one of our first 3 games is of a weekend 😉
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 4, 2022, 10:41:38 am »
Can't wait to see Nunez against these.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #88 on: August 4, 2022, 10:53:45 am »
Not sure it's been mentioned in the thread but Harry Wilson is out for two months so will miss this.

Thats a shame for the lad, hope he gets the chance to play us at Anfield
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #89 on: August 4, 2022, 11:25:24 am »

That'll be a big blow for them. Championship or Premier League I feel with a couple of decent players surrounding him he'll always be good for goals and assists.

Do they have anything else going for them in the middle? Any other creative players to make something for Mitrovic? I know they've brought in one who used to play for Man United.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 4, 2022, 11:43:27 am »

Haha, was thinking that, could do without a lunchtime kickoff!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #91 on: August 4, 2022, 11:57:19 am »
Except only one of our first 3 games is of a weekend 😉

2 Mondays in that as well as a Wednesday for our 5th game.... I fucking hate MNF
Believer

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: August 4, 2022, 01:14:39 pm »
That'll be a big blow for them. Championship or Premier League I feel with a couple of decent players surrounding him he'll always be good for goals and assists.

Do they have anything else going for them in the middle? Any other creative players to make something for Mitrovic? I know they've brought in one who used to play for Man United.
In short, no.  Wilson was far and away their leading assist maker last season (with the caveat that he took nearly all set-pieces) and Carvalho was a distant second.

De Cordova-Reid, Seri and Reed are good players but not particularly creative or attack minded.  I'd imagine Mitrovic will be flanked by two wide forwards, usually Carvalho and Kebano last season, but I'm not sure they've even replaced Carvalho.

If they're relying on Andreas Pereira being their creative spark it's going to be boring old season for them  ;D
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 01:16:30 pm by thaddeus »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #93 on: August 4, 2022, 01:17:43 pm »
In short, no.  Wilson was far and away their leading assist maker last season (with the caveat that he took nearly all set-pieces) and Carvalho was a distant second.

De Cordova-Reid, Seri and Reed are good players but not particularly creative or attack minded.  I'd imagine Mitrovic will be flanked by two wide forwards, usually Carvalho and Kebano last season, but I'm not sure they've even replaced Carvalho.

If they're relying on Andreas Pereira being their creative spark it's going to be boring old season for them  ;D

Didn’t De Cordova-Reid score the obligatory, once in a lifetime worldy against us? :D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 4, 2022, 08:41:21 pm »
2 Mondays in that as well as a Wednesday for our 5th game.... I fucking hate MNF

I was struggling to afford the season ticket I was sharing in 2010 and the Monday night games finished me off.  Taking the kids the Palace game, its a right pain cos the M60 by ours is fucked at half 5 and every night game I go to will be the night some gobshite Manc decides to crash on the clockwise bit.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #95 on: August 4, 2022, 08:51:46 pm »
Konate and Jones injured?
#JFT97

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 4, 2022, 09:56:59 pm »
I would go:

Becker

Trent
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Hendo
Thiago

Mo
Darwin
Diaz

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #97 on: August 4, 2022, 10:03:54 pm »

Carvalho and Wilson for a while going to be a big blow for them. Not exactly done much business and down two key attacking players.

Can see a similar game to Norwich away on the opening day last season. They'll make it hard but we just need to be clinical. Obviously if we're not it's a difficult afternoon. Need Ali to be sharp when called upon as well if he plays.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 10:07:25 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #98 on: August 4, 2022, 11:07:24 pm »
Carvalho and Wilson for a while going to be a big blow for them. Not exactly done much business and down two key attacking players.

Can see a similar game to Norwich away on the opening day last season. They'll make it hard but we just need to be clinical. Obviously if we're not it's a difficult afternoon. Need Ali to be sharp when called upon as well if he plays.

Definitely feel it's a similar opener to Norwich last season. There was a bit of contention in that line up as many felt Van Dijk wouldn't start, and it was the beginning of Tsimikas's incredible run last season where he never put a foot wrong. The midfield was Milner/Keita/Ox, too. Not sure if they ever started together before that or after.

I'm not sure how this Fulham team stands up against that Norwich one but it shouldn't matter if we're on form. The signs from the Charity Shield were really positive to me and I'd expect it to carry on into this, doesn't need to be a thrashing but I'd love something similar to that Norwich game where we are just too clinical for them. They might want to contain us but I don't think they have the tools to frustrate us judging by their record in recent times.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 4, 2022, 11:14:31 pm »
Nunez will start imo
Superb against City. Great game to get going in the league

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #100 on: August 5, 2022, 07:29:55 am »
Salah to bag at least a brace...
Fulham will be well setup though. Wouldn’t surprise me if they stay up this year.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 5, 2022, 09:11:08 am »
Ali, Trent Matip Virgil Robbo, Fabinho Thiago Henderson, Salah Firmino Diaz

4-0 the reds

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 5, 2022, 10:03:11 am »
Didn’t De Cordova-Reid score the obligatory, once in a lifetime worldy against us? :D
Yeah, it was one of those games where we never got going - I remember Lookman causing us loads of problems.  Assuming Virgil contains Mitrovic then De Cordova-Reid is probably their biggest goal threat (it's all relative!).  I watched the Championship highlights most weeks last season and picking up balls 20 yards out and getting in well struck shots was a common theme for him.

That we only got one point from Fulham that season was really poor.  Hopefully we'll set the record straight tomorrow.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #103 on: August 5, 2022, 12:11:42 pm »
Interested to see Fulhams starting line up. They have actually made 3 really good looking signings in Leno, Mbabu and Palhinha. Something like this:

Leno

Mbabu
Tosin
Ream/Kongolo
Robinson

Palhinha
Pereira
Cairney

Decordova-Reed
Mitrovic
Kebano

Still seems lacking in the wide areas for the season ahead.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104 on: August 5, 2022, 12:18:49 pm »
Interested to see Fulhams starting line up. They have actually made 3 really good looking signings in Leno, Mbabu and Palhinha. Something like this:

Leno

Mbabu
Tosin
Ream/Kongolo
Robinson

Palhinha
Pereira
Cairney

Decordova-Reed
Mitrovic
Kebano

Still seems lacking in the wide areas for the season ahead.

See they've just brought Shane Duffy in on loan. Not sure if he'll be able to play tomorrow or not but it shouldn't make too much difference. Seems they've made a few late signings which may just benefit teams playing them early as they're not all going to be up to scratch even if they've trained with other clubs.

Wilson being out for them is a big loss. I think whatever version of their back 5 they'll play will look pretty poor for this level, though. Leno looked like a let down for Arsenal plenty of times, some absolute howlers he made for them. Really we've just got to there and look for goals.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 5, 2022, 12:22:48 pm »
Presuming Nunez starts, should be a bench of Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott, Keita, Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Ramsay, Adrian. Pretty good considering the number of players we have out.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #106 on: August 5, 2022, 04:03:55 pm »
Thanks for the OP Stockdam.

Absolutely can’t wait for this. I know we’ve got a few injuries coming in but we can still field an arguably full strength first 11 with a strong bench. I have very little idea about how good Fulham were last season, but missing Carvalho and Wilson sounds like a blow for them. We got off to a good start in most seasons in recent memory, no reason this should be different.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 5, 2022, 04:50:07 pm »
I think Firmino starts over Nunez for this one, probably same team as Community Shield final except Alisson in?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #108 on: August 5, 2022, 05:06:25 pm »
How much more exciting can this be? Amazing players, manager, coaches and fans playing in a wonderful stadium with everything still possible. If I were to listen to the Pacino speech in Any Given Sunday I'm pretty sure I could run through walls tomorrow morning in anticipation. Klopp could pick the U23's tomorrow and I'd believe we could still get the 3 points. We all just believe now, right?

Can't wait.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #109 on: August 5, 2022, 05:29:49 pm »
The rumoured team doing the rounds has Nunez starting over Bobby.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #110 on: August 5, 2022, 05:41:55 pm »
The rumoured team doing the rounds has Nunez starting over Bobby.
On his shoulders?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vetdoc24

• Kemlynite
  • Big Dom Szoboszali will win us the league
« Reply #111 on: August 5, 2022, 05:45:57 pm »
I would go:

Becker

Trent
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Hendo
Thiago

Mo
Darwin
Diaz

I would prefer Naby than Hendo. Other than that league winning 11.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #112 on: August 5, 2022, 05:48:36 pm »
How much more exciting can this be? Amazing players, manager, coaches and fans playing in a wonderful stadium with everything still possible. If I were to listen to the Pacino speech in Any Given Sunday I'm pretty sure I could run through walls tomorrow morning in anticipation. Klopp could pick the U23's tomorrow and I'd believe we could still get the 3 points. We all just believe now, right?

Can't wait.
Well said mate.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 5, 2022, 05:50:12 pm »
We all just believe now, right?

Yes.

I expect us to comfortably win the league this season.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 5, 2022, 06:06:04 pm »
Excited for the season to start tomorrow.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 5, 2022, 07:14:30 pm »
Yes.

I expect us to comfortably win the league this season.

Same here. We won't get off to a poor start this year and will be ahead by the break for the Qatar thing

Offline Breakdown

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: August 6, 2022, 12:48:56 am »
can't wait for this one, have watched any preseason except for the charity sheild, think we win 3-0, come on you reds!!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #117 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:16 am »
Been footballingly depressed since the final but preseason has lifted me especially watching nunez bang them in with his crazy abs and now im totally jazzed. I even really like the cottage its got its place in the lexicon so i want to go there and just hammer these guys get off to a flyer. that would be great. The Roy Hodgson memorial beating.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #118 on: August 6, 2022, 01:30:45 am »
The Roy Hodgson memorial beating.
Owl Classico?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #119 on: August 6, 2022, 05:07:02 am »
A good professional win is all we need, and a goal for Mo stretching his record to 6 opening day goals.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...