Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 289735 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #2120 on: September 10, 2017, 11:48:33 am »
Ah yes, standard RAWK. Close the Henderson and Wijnaldum threads for an open fire season on Can.

Fuck knows why Klopp thought it was a good idea to put him in defence in the second half yesterday. He made a lot of curious decisions and that was right up there.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2121 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
I agree. It's a a shame this thread gets to stay open for post man city stress release where Henderson's and Gini's are not.
For his fault he's still one of few who don't shy away from the game. He might be awful and make the wrong decisions but rather that than the disappearing act performed by the the other two. One is our captain who gets far too much abuse on here but also protection due to him being the captain?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2122 on: September 10, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »
Maybe it would be wise to close all personal threads after a defeat?

But whilst this thread is still open, posters have taken advantage to post their honest, balanced, and detailed views on what was, by common consent, a poor performance. To call it "open season" on one player is hyperbole. Now that is "standard RAWK"
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Emre Can Contract
« Reply #2123 on: November 2, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »
Think it warrants its own thread as Dom King is reporting that there can be no compromise made and that he is certain to leave in the summer, will be looking to sign pre-contract/agreement in January

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Emre Can Contract
« Reply #2124 on: November 2, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »
Honestly hope he's not in our first 11 then when Lallana and Wijnaldum are back, assuming his form doesn't demand it

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: November 2, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
Well no need to play him then. Buh bye Emre.  :wave

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: November 2, 2017, 11:52:31 pm »
Two tweets from the Twitter account. I like the sound of the first, Can might leave in the summer but he still wants Liverpool to do well. The second is good because we're not bowing to demands we don't want to meet.

For the moment, Can's priority is helping Liverpool reach the knockout stages of the Champions League. (Dominic King)

Liverpool have refused to agree to a release clause and will not make any special dispensation in this case for Can. (Dominic King)

I think we'll be fine if he leaves. Keita is coming next summer anyway.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2127 on: November 2, 2017, 11:54:33 pm »
He shouldn't get near the first team squad from now on then,it isn't like he has been playing amazing so he won't be missed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2128 on: November 3, 2017, 12:08:38 am »

I think we'll be fine if he leaves. Keita is coming next summer anyway.

It's never fine if a good player leaves for nothing

It's worse if it's a player we bought and developed whose coming into his prime

Utterly shambolic from the club - no idea how people see it otherwise

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: November 3, 2017, 12:13:07 am »
Decent game v Maribor but shit and half arsed for ages. Tara emre. Good for a while but never great and can't be arsed to fight for his place.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: November 3, 2017, 12:13:30 am »

So do you think we should give in and give him his release clause or sell him in January for a small fee leaving us short in midfield?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: November 3, 2017, 12:18:08 am »
So do you think we should give in and give him his release clause or sell him in January for a small fee leaving us short in midfield?

Do you think it's competent management to allow it to get to this point?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: November 3, 2017, 12:18:43 am »

Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to answer a question with a question?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2133 on: November 3, 2017, 12:20:18 am »

That’s the thing. Easy to say it’s shambolic but what do you do if you have a player stalling? Say you’ll sell them regardless of who they are if they don’t sign with x months left on the contract? Get a few but lose a player early? Take the hit and make them see out their contract and take the hit on no fee? Or judge every player separately?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: November 3, 2017, 12:23:15 am »

What should the club do, or what should they have done, then?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: November 3, 2017, 12:23:42 am »
That’s the thing. Easy to say it’s shambolic but what do you do if you have a player stalling? Say you’ll sell them regardless if who they are if they don’t sign with x months left on the contract? Get a few but lose a player early? Take the hit and make them see out their contract and take the hit on no fee? Or judge every player separately?

We lost Sterling because we low balled him and procrastinated over giving him a contract.... then we cried foul and blamed him when someone else wanted to pay him double what we did
We learnt absolutely nothing from that situation and are now going to lose Can because we've done exactly the same thing - he was low balled a year ago because we thought we could get away with it.

It's got fuck all to do with the situation as it stands today and everything to do with the ongoing incompetence with which we're run

For completeness - you give him more money and a release clause because otherwise you further compound your own incompetence by reducing the value of your own asset to zero in pursuit of some non existent principle..... but the situation today isn't the biggest problem

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: November 3, 2017, 12:24:43 am »
What should the club do, or what should they have done, then?

Any wealthy club that allows any senior player to get into the last 18 months of their contract (unless they're old) is guilty of gross incompetence.
You re-up them or you sell them.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: November 3, 2017, 12:26:00 am »
Any wealthy club that allows any senior player to get into the last 18 months of their contract (unless they're old) is guilty of gross incompetence.
You re-up them or you sell them.

I would bet that the vast majority of wealthy clubs would be guilty of gross incompetence going by that.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2138 on: November 3, 2017, 12:26:54 am »
Disappointing. Keita comes in, Can goes out. Then what? It is an upgrade but you have to think and hope we will be in for another midfielder as well as Keita coming in.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #2139 on: November 3, 2017, 12:27:05 am »
Good player but not good enough for where we want to be. If he wants to leave for the Juventus bench, then so be it. The club are right not to bow to demands for a release clause. All of our better players would be demanding them when negotiating new contracts. We already have a massive upgrade arriving next summer in Keita.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: November 3, 2017, 12:27:16 am »
what a mess ..  :butt

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #2141 on: November 3, 2017, 12:27:31 am »
One of the more frustrating players in the current team. Can be brilliant but too often he likes to take too many touches then make a Sunday league challenge or a blind pass. Cost us any chance of a comeback against spurs with a reckless challenge that to their free kick. Not as good as his agent thinks he is.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: November 3, 2017, 12:28:33 am »
I would bet that the vast majority of wealthy clubs would be guilty of gross incompetence going by that.

How is that relevant?

I just care about my club.

LFC in particular - compared to our rivals - can't afford to lose talent it's developed
Apparently our whole philosophy is to buy under priced young talent and develop it. I mean clearly this idea was already vague at best but when you lose someone like Can who you've done exactly that with for nothing it becomes a mockery.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2143 on: November 3, 2017, 12:29:21 am »
This club, for fucks sake.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: November 3, 2017, 12:31:23 am »
How is that relevant?

It's not hugely relevant, but what it says is that few wealthy clubs are fully successful in keeping out of contract players.

I just care about my club.

We all do.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: November 3, 2017, 12:31:48 am »
This club, for fucks sake.

What should they do, then?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: November 3, 2017, 12:34:48 am »
What should they do, then?

Get his contract sorted this time last year and if he wouldn't sign then sell him. It's utterly pointless picking up young players like Emre Can for a relatively modest fee, spending several years developing them and then lose them for less than we paid for him. It's just sheer incompetence.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: November 3, 2017, 12:35:36 am »

But some will tell you it's no issue with Can leaving on a free. The club will have expected it et al.

Some do not understand the costs of developing the personnel.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2017, 12:37:50 am by jckliew »
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2148 on: November 3, 2017, 12:36:13 am »
Think he's pretty underrated by our fans. There's a player in him, think he'll do well anywhere he goes certainly has pontential for it. It's a shame really, we developed a player and we were ready to bear the fruits but the reality is he's going. Let's hope that until then, he's going to give his best and help us to better results.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: November 3, 2017, 12:37:53 am »
Think he's pretty underrated by our fans. There's a player in him, think he'll do well anywhere he goes certainly has pontential for it. It's a shame really, we developed a player and we were ready to bear the fruits but the reality is he's going. Let's hope that until then, he's going to give his best and help us to better results.

The reality isn't that he's going at all, it's being reported that he's increasingly likely to leave but nothing is confirmed yet.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: November 3, 2017, 12:37:58 am »
Very disappointed to be honest. There's no other way to put it. I just hope we put the proper resources behind replacing him, in January if possible.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: November 3, 2017, 12:39:34 am »
Not that bothered. Dont think he suits our style anyway.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: November 3, 2017, 12:40:06 am »
The reality isn't that he's going at all, it's being reported that he's increasingly likely to leave but nothing is confirmed yet.

You're fucking relentless mate. If the headline had been 'it's being reported Emre Can is almost certain to sign a new contract' would you be in here telling people not to be pleased with the news because nothing is signed yet? Would you fuck.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: November 3, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

I wouldn't say that,gets massive plaudits even though you never know which Can will turn up,can be a right lazy bastard at times.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: November 3, 2017, 12:43:05 am »
You're fucking relentless mate. If the headline had been 'it's being reported Emre Can is almost certain to sign a new contract' would you be in here telling people not to be pleased with the news because nothing is signed yet? Would you fuck.

I bet if I did, you wouldn't be calling me relentless, you seem to really hate it when someone offers an opinion that isn't all doom and gloom. I'm not stopping people making negative posts, am I? I'm just responding to them.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: November 3, 2017, 12:43:12 am »
Not that bothered. Dont think he suits our style anyway.

But he suits somebody's style out there. And given the market, we should be getting 40m off of that team for a German international coming into his prime. That's a disastrous loss for any normal business.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: November 3, 2017, 12:43:41 am »

To be fair, he could still sign an extension, although unlikely.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: November 3, 2017, 12:44:30 am »
Oh and while I feel like ranting about this...

A lot of people seem to take this as an invitation to discuss Can as a player.... usually negatively... when is not remotely relevant to this situation

He's worth what ... 40 million? At a guess. (23 years old, still improving, 140 premier league appearances, Germany caps... certainly not less than 35 in this market.. possibly more)

So if you hate him as a player.... that's still 35-40 million we don't have to spend on a player you might like if we'd behaved in a competent fashion and sold him or resigned him
Even if you think he's the worst player in our squad letting him leave on a free is still criminal.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: November 3, 2017, 12:45:21 am »
I wouldn't say that,gets massive plaudits even though you never know which Can will turn up,can be a right lazy bastard at times.

I imagine he's not himself decided on his next step yet. That would effect every one. On his day though he's a class player.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: November 3, 2017, 12:46:49 am »
I bet if I did, you wouldn't be calling me relentless, you seem to really hate it when someone offers an opinion that isn't all doom and gloom. I'm not stopping people making negative posts, am I? I'm just responding to them.

Hate it? Nah, just tired of you hijacking what feels like every single thread and trying to shut down discussions of anything you perceive to be negative.