Author Topic: Eyewitness Report: Liverpool 3 - Wigan 0 (Dave Whelan's mouth - Shut!)  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Part one – Anne Williams needs our help

I’d volunteered. I was going to give every ounce of my time until kick off to do something. I didn’t want to waste it. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I have no need for a pre-match bevvy. All I ever want is to get in to the match. Hopefully hear the roar of the Kop (we’ll get to our lion like roar later) and see our team demolish those in front of them. It doesn’t always work out that way. Suffice to say all those who lost somebody or lived through the events of that fateful day in April in 1989 had that same feeling inside before getting to Hillsborough and expecting a tremendous Liverpool performance. Instead we all know what transpired and 23 years later those who should have known and could have known most definitely do whether they like it or not.

So getting 100,000 signatures to help Anne Williams should be a walk in the park. It will propel itself (unlike the previous all hands to the pump effort) and will leave our government embarrassed again at failing to do what is right at the right time. No-one walks alone at Liverpool Football Club’s family do they?

Do they?

We know they don’t. We just don’t do very much about it sometimes. That’s why the RAWK based family of fans are there. To get things going and light a few touchpapers. Just spread a word or two and we’ll be there. Only we weren’t…

Why do people volunteer for anything? It’s a mugs game. You say or do something. You want others to listen. You think they will but they don’t and you’re left feeling like the alien and not vice versa. You lose that time for the pre-match bevvy, the crack before the game and the generation of the buzz before you get into Anfield. Given I don’t give two shits about the bevvy, helping today was right up my street

I met John at the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC) just after 10.30 in the morning. I’ve been in before a few times, as you do, either to see what is going on or drop something off or fly a flag (as you do!). Only this time it seemed like the first time all over again. A bit like your first day at high school. You’re the youngest kid on the block and you don’t want the big kids to batter you or have your card marked. So what do you do? You have a cup of coffee upstairs with John Mac after being introduced to Gerry and having Steve pop along too. Only I wish I actually hadn’t now. Upstairs, once you get past the dark stairs, you’ll see walls covered with signed memorabilia and photos of team members and banners/tops from other clubs. From Tampa Fans to Celtic, From Rafa to Kenny… you can’t miss them. Nestled in between all this is pain. You’re not prepared for it. You can’t even think about the possibility of it but when you catch a letter or a poem from someone to their now departed loved one you will look nowhere else. The mirrored mosaic offers a brief respite whilst you appreciate its intricacy for a few minutes but then you’re drawn back to the poem or letter. You could ask what they said and I’d be honest in saying that for all that I enjoy remembering in life the words are easy to forget. Not because they don’t mean anything to me, the total opposite actually. It’s because of just how much they mean and how much I cannot change the pain associated behind them. No quick fix for that. No banners will return a son or daughter and no songs will make that memory pass with any less hurt

So why bother? What is all this about if we cannot change that which has past. One simple word – truth. A lot is made of it. A lot of people think now that the truth is out there, its over. We climbed the Hill and all that. What do we need to do now? Justice bell ringing. Off for another bevvy and onto the game right?

Wrong. We’re at day one of justice. Repeat that to yourselves.  Day one. Now work out how many days Anne has left? Hopefully that is a point made if not laboured. This is why those that did volunteer have done so. They connect with something deeper to hopefully ensure Anne gets what she deserves for Kevin.

Gratefully John walked me over to the Sandon and left me in the hands of Roy Bentham and the Spirit of Shankly. Flyers in hand I nervously placed a few on the tables at Dodds, crossed over into the front of the Sandon and then upstairs to the Village hospitality. Seeing the flyers, I was asked if I worked for the Club. Yes, I thought of saying. The possibly only dressed down turban wearing, beard flowing Sikh that does… and doing it with bright red trainers to boot me-lady! That didn’t get said and she took half my bundle and laid them out on the tables :-)

I then headed back towards the HJC via the shops/small eateries and bars. People walked past oblivious of Anne. “Who?,” “arrr signed it orr-ready laa” and “Taa” were the common items heard. Best moment was when a man ignored it, said something stupid and his missus pulled him up on it. God bless you ma'am.

Teflon John had already made inroads before I got back to base camp and you could just feel the word spreading. Numbers though petition wise seemed a bit slower. Rocketed to 75k and then seemed to be trickling. Reinforcements I thought were needed. I stocked back up and with a brain wave off towards the Hillsborough memorial I marched. People were walking past the players entrance with flyers in hand towards me. Obvious really – another volunteer was covering things and that’s where I met Albie. It sounds strange but there he was right next to the memorial and majestic. No other adjective works here

Car parks. I know a few. Used the Stanley Park one last season with family and this year I use the one as you approach Anfield on the same side as the Arkles and before that money thing on the corner near the lights. Impressed with myself and the associated snare off I went. Beaten by Cato (again, I might add and not for the first time today). There she was. She’d already had that idea and when she mentioned car parks before outside the HJC I thought she meant the players one. I tip my turban at her. She went up to complete strangers not just giving a flyer and hoping they’d take it but instead stopping them and asking/explaining about the petition. That takes guts. Real guts. I can only assume she’s a mum herself and understands what it is like to have a bond with a son/daughter. There was another lady too doing the same but I didn’t catch her name. I only wish they met Ian Rush and did the same. He stopped for photos but raced past me and flyer in hand. My heart sank. I mean really sank. My hero brushed me aside for a photo with someone else. I can’t make an excuse for him. I want to. Lord knows I want to. I know they have to be somewhere but sometimes you really despair. He’s still my hero though.

More walking for me. I realised at this point we’d been out there for a couple of hours and the masses hadn’t truly descended on Anfield. HJC and a restocking beckoned and on the way I bump into Kezza aka Mrsphilthefish aka our twitter supremo. Need a petition RT going somewhere? She’s the lady. Only she’s more than that. Another mum on the case. And fearless too. Armed with blu tack, she not only nailed the passengers getting out of taxis and falling into the boozers around the ground but she got the petition stuck in taxis too. Who’d say no to such a persuasive lady? Fortune favours the brave? let’s just say she rules the roost! Oh and there goes Teflon John again out there flyers in hand and on to the masses  ;D

Stocked again and with time fast approaching 2pm I thought coaches. Another burst of energy over to the other side of Stanley Park and I stop, not for the first time, to take count of how we’re doing. Nearing 78k. I read then PaulR’s comment that we should now count down not up. I then say to the coach drivers and coppers that we are 20k away. Just 20k away from the target. “Giii us it ‘eeer laddee” was the first coach driver who took a load and placed on the seats. “How much is theeese?” was the fella with minibus from Northampton. Yin and Yang, Harinder... Yin and Yang

As all of the flyers had now gone I headed back towards the HJC. Cato only had 6 left and was still busily explaining to the unsuspecting fan what Anne needed.

And then there were none. HJC had cleared out of all the flyers. The club shop had run out as all the bags earlier that I saw with flyers in them were being replaced with fans with tops/hoodies with programmes but no flyers. First few pages… Brendan’s gonna get ya Sucka! If that doesn’t work just wait til you hit page 14 or so. You won’t get away that easily! Oh… Anfield has a new hero. He’s not new really. A bit old I’d say but he’s a hero. George Sephton. Doing the petition justice week in week out and his announcements today were pure class. Peter McDowall too. Anne was described as part of Liverpool FC’s family and one of our mothers. She is you know. That may well be what underpins everything here.

Lounges. Cash been splashed here that’s for sure. They’ve had a spruce up on the entrance (they upgraded the attending ladies when we played Arsenal last season) and the usual stalwart entrance steward Billy was elsewhere. My heart sank a little. I’m used to seeing him each time I opt to sit in CE5 so he’s there in the players car park greeting me on my way towards the lifts. Instead  I get the head of the Lounge stewards and my scheme of getting the Lounge legends to explicitly mention the petitions fleets away. Today it was Jimmy Case and Phil Neal. I hand Jimmy a flyer and explain the situation. Now expecting everyone to be at the same page wasn’t a delusional idea today. Only it seemed Jimmy wasn’t at the races. “arll mention it post the match kid”. Bit late then Jimmy? You’re assuming everyone comes back in for coffees and cake and half a sarnie. So, having faced a little defeat I turned to speak to those around me. Some knew of the petition, many didn’t. They had an assumption that the Attorney General had said no way will anything happen early. Needless to say they don’t think like that now and they now also know who the kid who said “Mum” was just before he passed away.

Oh Part 2… the match. There was one. We won. The end!

Last season’s match up was one to forget. Not much really happened in it that was noteworthy bar a little debut for Raheem Sterling. We lost 2-1 and deserved nothing. Elderly fans cried as our fanbase booed a Kenny Dalglish team… something no-one ever thought they would see with their own eyes. I watched this match, as I did the one today in the centre of the ground, deeply frowning and cursing the considered faithful and wondering how we came to this? A bunch of booing, bashful and somewhat lethargic fan base

How I hoped we would change

Along came the changes. King departs and the search for another manager begins. Only we have a vocal voice of the North who just loves to wax lyrical providing sage like advice to all that will listen. The supremo of the largest, most dynamic club (I mean mouth!) of the North West. Famed for their footballing prowess as well as Rugby. Owner of a club so progressive that it’s got the addition of “Athletic” at the end of it.

Yes. Dave Whelan. Baby. You know? The fella who said “When we have been there playing them, there is no heart in the club at present. It's a little bit disturbing when you think that a football club as big as Liverpool is functioning without a heart”. I had a bit of time for Wigan up to this point. I once saw Heskey and Valencia play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. They were losing 1-0 and taking leave of my senses I shouted out “ Heskey – put in the back of the net. For old times sake”. And he did. And I went wild. And I was asked to leave the Bridge’s corporate seat. I didn’t mind. It was time to leave anyway! I didn’t like the recruitment agency that took me there anyway. Their saving grace was the agent was a Red!

Would today been any different?  In a word. No.

They make us change sides. Simply fuck off Wigan. I mean really do one. I want to put you on a bonfire when any captain makes us attack the kop end in the first half. I mean come on. That’s just not cricket! That doesn’t excuse us as fans though. On the Fields of Anfield Road was lost as a murmur in the Kop as was Poor Scouser Tommy and today gone but not forgotten You’ll Never Walk Alone. If you’re hearing more Gerry Marsden than Jimmy and Martin in block 305 and the rest of the stands we got issues people.

On with the match. Again not in the chronological “and then this happened” way.

• First 5. Enrique great coming forward. Is he left back or left wing. Who cares? He’s boss. He’s Jose and he’s been at them milkshakes. Protein ones at that!
• Anfield atmosphere dead though. Hardly any crowd noise or songs. Anny Road massive start the Suarez song.
• Who’s that slouching in where the players sit? Not in dugout but up where directors sit. I hope he’s not sleeping!!!!
• Next real action at thirty mins with a great cross in met by our number 30 Suso with a not so great header. Funny stuff with Agger and their defence. Danny kept moving. They didn’t like it
• Suso Subbed afterwards by Henderson. Gerrard goes advanced. Few good chances in last 5 mins of first half. Reina skills. That is now Pepe “I got mad skills bro” Reina. ;D

Second half. Just how hard is it to get to your seats on time peeps?  >:(

• Sterling. Suarez. Goal. Anfield shocked. Delayed reaction on bringing the noise. We’re winning na-n-nah n-nah nah nah nah, Ring of Fire aaaaannd I am on my own
• Henderson good play. Really good play. Tidy, clean passing and really moving. Paisley once said players need to have 4 choices around them when on the ball and he’s a choice alright. Closed down well. Advanced well and no longer do we have 2 in the midfield that are half the size of Arouna Kone
• Franco Di Santo sounds like holiday resort. He really does. Where did you go over summer? Oh I had deck chair and towel at Franco Di Santo
• Enrique. Suarez. Goal number 2. Thank you. 59th min. Noise More like it.
• 60. Skrtel. Pole. Wigan player. The pole got booked for diving  ;D
• Goal attempts like sex. Oh oh come on. Lady Luck sterling and goal for Enrique. NUMBER 3! Following up on rebound. Finally we are following up on spills. Like an alley cat outside the Cravendale factory.
• Here comes the 4th. Hendo in on the act. Well nearly. But he's there. FOLLOWING IN! It’s still 3-0!

JONJO. JONJO. JONJO  ;D
And on we go to the next match. We started on a lull and finished with roar. Thank god. Lets hope we know purr like a machine in the next fixture!

Oh. 17 and bit thousand to go and time of writing. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:15:51 am by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Eyewitness Report: Liverpool 3 - Wigan 0 (Dave Whelan's mouth - Shut!)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:50:06 am »
Best day at Anfield for a longtime and I had the honour of meeting some great Liverpudlians. Probably easier to go the Stanley have a pint with people I've known for years but Anne's fight for justice is far more important for than a cosy pint and compared to the behind the scenes work that some have done a few hours in the cold leafletting is no great sacrifice.

So instead of the warmth of The Stanley it's off the HJC shop where it's great to put a face to John_Mac who sorts me out with a pile of leaflets. I start leafleting and apart from the odd knob, not worth talking about, everyone's receptive. The stewards and staff take leaflets and start including me in their conversations, people come back and want to talk about what a great fighter Anne is and how unfair it is. I realise that this is no sacrifice as it feels great being able to do something no matter how small to help Anne. I meet Mr Toot and Harinder and other leafleters and share a warm feeling of Solidarity. Harinder brings a smile to my face with his infectious enthusiasm if only we could bottle it we'd have no problem with lack of atmosphere. So instead of a few hours in the cold I'm the one buzzing when I meet my mates, glad I could help even if I secretly ended up enjoying it. And once Brendan Rodgers changes it around and brings on Henderson, I get the second half I've been waiting for all season, left the ground with a big beaming smile. Great day all around, honour to help Anne no matter how small my contribution was.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

royhendo

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:27:32 am »
Thank you for a tremendous read to start my day gents. :)

And thanks to all of you for all the hard graft.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:48:19 am by royhendo »

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:21:18 am »
Great read that Harinder. Wish we could've spoke longer yesterday, however it was a pleasure to meet you.
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:26:21 am »
Brilliant read and effort once again. Well done mate.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:58:24 am »
Pleased for you all.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 10:02:27 am »
Really good read, Harinder. Thank you for taking the time to write that up with so much vigour and feeling.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 10:15:03 am »
What an absolute belter of a post. Fantastic. Thank you.

And on the effort. Saints and knights you are. But I have a feeling such a title would be humbly turned down, (you still are tho ;))

Thank you again.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:19 am »
So well written.

Fantastic effort by all involved yesterday.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:33:40 am »
If I had a time machine, I'd take Harinder to Anfield in the 60's and 70's. First time I seen The Kop, I thought it was on fire. It was steam from bodies and piss and smoke from ciggies. It's all very un-PC nowadays, but it was a laugh. I can't stand it nowadays, but that's only because I loved it so much. Good one that mate. I take me hat off to you.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 10:45:20 am »
Great stuff mate and thanks to all the volunteers

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 11:03:17 am »
Really good read that and well done to all the volunteers.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 12:20:20 pm »
Really enjoyed reading that - thank you!

It was a good day. :-)
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 12:25:21 pm »
Really enjoyed the OP.

Fear and resignation was the order of the day before kick off and at the pub. Depressed and quiet was the mood in the ground first half. Disbelief and unalloyed sheer delirium after the goals. It seems so few and far between wins at Anfield that no one quite knew what to do.

Many, many beers, shorts and more beers and Karaoke followed with the usual collection of RAWK bods including meeting the 5th Benitile for the first time and John C - plus the rest.

Great, great night out. Got home absolutely bladdered. If we can get that becoming expected rather than an astonishing once in a lifetime thing then that would be marvellous :)

Great day/night out. Still pissed now :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 12:36:02 pm »
Really enjoyed the OP.

Fear and resignation was the order of the day before kick off and at the pub. Depressed and quiet was the mood in the ground first half. Disbelief and unalloyed sheer delirium after the goals. It seems so few and far between wins at Anfield that no one quite knew what to do.

Many, many beers, shorts and more beers and Karaoke followed with the usual collection of RAWK bods including meeting the 5th Benitile for the first time and John C - plus the rest.

Great, great night out. Got home absolutely bladdered. If we can get that becoming expected rather than an astonishing once in a lifetime thing then that would be marvellous :)

It was great day/night. It took me nearly an hour and a few phone calls to open my front door.

Yep, still bevvied now, I wonder how 5th Benitle is feeling, haha. :-)
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 04:19:02 pm »
Thanks Harinder, for all your help yesterday too!!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:08:39 pm »
Harinder that is a quite brilliant piece. The quality of writing is only surpassed by the quality of your effort with the petition campaign. You're an absolute star mate. Nice one.

Aye it was. Great to finally meet you Mr Sinatra ;D

It was great day/night. It took me nearly an hour and a few phone calls to open my front door.

Yep, still bevvied now, I wonder how 5th Benitle is feeling, haha. :-)
That drive home was tough. I'm struggling!

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
Fantastic read mate
JONJO. JONJO. JONJO  ;D

It was us Aberdeen Boys who started that chant in the Annie Lower ;)
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »
Fantastic read mate
Haha that was very funny, you were behind me :)

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 05:33:51 pm »
Haha that was very funny, you were behind me :)

Was surreal was it

Loved it when Jonjo heard us and waved

Jonjjjjjjjjjo Jonjjjjjjo Jonjjjjjjo :)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 06:46:21 pm »
Good post, and top read. Indeed it was one of the best days at anfield for a while and a thoroughly deserved 3 points, long time coming against Wigan at home aswell.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:53 pm »
Fantastic read mate

We noticed that, laughing that the Anny road was better than the Kop.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »
Fantastic read mate

Ha. Nice one!

He played up to it too with bit of skill. Had he scored the place would have erupted.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

We even had the corner of the Lower Cent joining in, was a fantastic atmosphere in the 2nd half

The way it should be to be honest

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »
Great stuff H.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »
Classy start to finish. Well done on a great OP and some fantastic work for the petition.

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 08:54:04 pm »
Nice one big thumbs up

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »

Come ed, the cheeri-O, Cheeri-O, from the Annie had to be the least scouse chant of the century
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Come ed, the cheeri-O, Cheeri-O, from the Annie had to be the least scouse chant of the century

I never heard that, must have been a small group singing that

Just watched the game on LFC TV, amazed at how clear our Jonnnnnnjjjoo Chant was, fantastic

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »

When I was a youngman me arl man said to me,
'Are you going in the Kop to watch LFC'
I said, 'No I don't think so,
I'm going in the Anny,
to sing, 'Cheeri-O'

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 01:17:36 pm »
Enjoyable read that, thanks Harinder.

Being a follower from another country these reports from match-going supporters does bring one a bit closer towards the feel and experiences of going to the game.  In this one it was especially interesting how the day unfolded in connection to the support of the petition and getting a glimpse of the hard work those involved are doing behind the scenes.  At least that support is not success based in contrast with the one within the stadium towards the team.

Thanks again and best wishes to all towards hitting the 100.000 mark to bring Anne's inquest forward.
Seconded  :)
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »
Superb read that, Harinder. Am jealous as all merry hell too......  :-*

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »
OP - wicked writing style - great post and all-round effort for Anne Williams, superb.
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 08:57:28 am »
Great Post Harinder and up to 98000 signatures now. A lot of them down to you and the volunteers, keep spreading the word. YNWA
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop