Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2854650 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #17840 on: November 26, 2021, 06:41:12 pm »
As I said before, it's great that Salah says he wants to stay. To that end, he has to remember that LFC is not an oil club with bottomless pits of money.

I've no doubt he ploughs a lot of his earnings into his home country and aides the disadvantaged, but he will still leave Liverpool a multi millionaire. The club needs a wage structure so I hope he keeps his contract demands reasonable and that the club treats him with equal respect.

Exactly - we can't kill the wage structure for one player.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17841 on: November 26, 2021, 07:01:44 pm »
for those complaining about the potential wage structure impact ....

what do you think of the "big bonus to re-sign" plus a "large weekly wage boost" idea?

all our players want him to re-sign, will see the logic in the bonus, and won't be pissing and moaning about not making the same weekly money as him.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17842 on: November 26, 2021, 07:07:15 pm »
Can’t wait to go and see this guy in the flesh again tomorrow. Such a joy to watch.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #17843 on: November 26, 2021, 09:52:42 pm »
Can’t wait to go and see this guy in the flesh again tomorrow. Such a joy to watch.
Great post
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #17844 on: November 27, 2021, 05:08:25 pm »
I'm worried about his goal drought...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17845 on: November 27, 2021, 05:11:31 pm »
It's Everton who need to worry...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #17846 on: November 27, 2021, 05:16:36 pm »
I'm worried about his goal drought...

We should probably cash in

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17847 on: November 27, 2021, 05:21:10 pm »
We should probably cash in
January can't come soon enough.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #17848 on: November 27, 2021, 05:21:44 pm »
January can't come soon enough.

We should buy a club together!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17849 on: November 27, 2021, 06:03:45 pm »
OptaJoe@OptaJoe25 - Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in 25 goals in all competitions this season (17 goals, 8 assists), more than double that of any other Premier League player. Ridiculous. #LIVSOU3:37 pm · 27 Nov 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1464619278825521154?s=20
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17850 on: November 27, 2021, 06:21:35 pm »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #17851 on: November 27, 2021, 07:25:48 pm »
He hardly ever has a "quiet" game. Even if he doesn't score or even when he has an off game (rare) he's s nightmare to deal with. Ridiculous consistency.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17852 on: November 27, 2021, 07:57:21 pm »
He hardly ever has a "quiet" game. Even if he doesn't score or even when he has an off game (rare) he's s nightmare to deal with. Ridiculous consistency.
The beauty of it is that we don't totally depend on him for our goals. Coupled with the return of our experienced defenders, the weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #17853 on: November 28, 2021, 06:58:21 am »
Third fastest to 150 goal involvements in PL history behind Henry and Shearer.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17854 on: November 28, 2021, 02:06:10 pm »
Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in 25 goals in all competitions this season (17 goals, 8 assists), more than double that of any other Premier League player.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #17855 on: November 28, 2021, 02:37:35 pm »

Jota took 2 goals off him yesterday. One off his toe, that Jota scored himself, the other he skied with Salah arriving at the back stick. “Quiet” by his standards but by only small margins.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17856 on: November 29, 2021, 08:57:42 pm »
7th? Seriously?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17857 on: November 29, 2021, 09:02:38 pm »
What fucking freaks voted Salah to finish seventh. That's crazy, but it's always been a bit shite anyway.

After we won the Champions League, Ronaldo finished above Salah and Mane. That was truly nuts  ;D. Van Dijk was unlucky not to win it that year but Messi was insane too, mental how he's won it this time though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #17858 on: November 29, 2021, 09:04:04 pm »
Below Ronaldo as well, an absolute joke and let's not even mention Messi getting it yet again.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17859 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:06 pm »
Below Ronaldo as well, an absolute joke and let's not even mention Messi getting it yet again.  :butt
That one goal he has scored for PSG must’ve clinched it.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17860 on: November 29, 2021, 09:10:27 pm »
Feels sorry for Salah, but fuck balon dor, a random facebook vote has more integrity than this rigged shit

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #17861 on: November 29, 2021, 09:14:04 pm »
Seventh. Unreal. For me you could see it was a joke the year Virgil came second when he clearly should have won it.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17862 on: November 29, 2021, 09:26:21 pm »

Like I said before, I don't know why they even fucking bother with a vote as long as Messi is still playing. Just give him the bloody thing each year and dispense with this farce.

We finished two seasons on 97 and 99 points, won a CL, CWC and the PL and barely got a sniff. Messi only has to fart and he wins this sodding thing, playing for a team that got humped by Roma, Liverpool and Bayern in successive seasons.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #17863 on: November 29, 2021, 09:35:09 pm »
Like I said before, I don't know why they even fucking bother with a vote as long as Messi is still playing. Just give him the bloody thing each year and dispense with this farce.

We finished two seasons on 97 and 99 points, won a CL, CWC and the PL and barely got a sniff. Messi only has to fart and he wins this sodding thing, playing for a team that got humped by Roma, Liverpool and Bayern in successive seasons.

Fair comment that.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #17864 on: November 29, 2021, 09:36:04 pm »
Seventh. Unreal. For me you could see it was a joke the year Virgil came second when he clearly should have won it.
Mo doesn’t derive to win in 2021.  He’s had a great stet ot this season, but not so much the start of 2021.

7th seems about right to me.

Virgil was very very close to winning apparently.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17865 on: November 29, 2021, 09:46:15 pm »
How Lewandwski was robbed last year, the excuse was hilarious even though the season finished to a completion, they might as well have said well Messi and Ronaldo didn't win anything that seasons so we are cancelling it this year.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17866 on: November 29, 2021, 10:00:17 pm »
How Lewandwski was robbed last year, the excuse was hilarious even though the season finished to a completion, they might as well have said well Messi and Ronaldo didn't win anything that seasons so we are cancelling it this year.

Giving the award to Messi was a joke. I was almost certain the Lewandowski would win it, hands down. Well, now hands are holding head in disbelief...

I wasn't expecting Salah to win it, said so a few times, but 7th seems off a bit. Oh, well, we move on. Lets get the 9th player on that list. ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17867 on: November 29, 2021, 10:04:51 pm »
Mo doesn’t derive to win in 2021.  He’s had a great stet ot this season, but not so much the start of 2021.

7th seems about right to me.

Virgil was very very close to winning apparently.

Yep, basically two votes off winning it.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17868 on: November 29, 2021, 10:06:31 pm »
Messi over Lewandowski just shows what a complete is sham it is

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17869 on: November 29, 2021, 10:08:32 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #17870 on: November 29, 2021, 10:10:41 pm »
Messi over Lewandowski just shows what a complete is sham it is
Or it shows that you haven’t looked at  messi’s numbers at Barca last year very carefully.

Lewa was robbed the previous year.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17871 on: November 29, 2021, 10:41:48 pm »
Really? Messi won?

Here's a dime. Call someone who gives a sh$t.

Bent as that wad of crisp special edition 3 pound notes I just posted on Ebay. Two year warranty. Free shipping. Check it out if you get a chance.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #17872 on: November 29, 2021, 10:45:26 pm »
We have to accept that Salah wasn't going feature in the top 3 ghis year as he was merely good rather great (by his unbelievable standarfs) last season and normally you have to win the big prizes to get it. Unless you are Messi in which case you got votes just for turning up.

Yes Messi is still brilliant and still had a great season in terms of goals, but nobody can tell me he was the standout candidate this year (or in 2019).

If Mo keeps this up, he is nailed on next year, but I'm sure he'll want the big trophies in his hand before then.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #17873 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:50 pm »
Just seen a video of Mo and his wife arriving in Monaco earlier for the Golden Foot awards tonight.

Edit: and for reasons I'm not sure of as it's all in French, his wife has just been presented with the award on stage on his behalf! At least he's won one award tonight! Well, two actually, the FSA Mens' POTY as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:08:12 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17874 on: November 29, 2021, 10:54:24 pm »
We have to accept that Salah wasn't going feature in the top 3 ghis year as he was merely good rather great (by his unbelievable standarfs) last season and normally you have to win the big prizes to get it. Unless you are Messi in which case you got votes just for turning up.

Yes Messi is still brilliant and still had a great season in terms of goals, but nobody can tell me he was the standout candidate this year (or in 2019).

If Mo keeps this up, he is nailed on next year, but I'm sure he'll want the big trophies in his hand before then.

We'll have to win a trophy or Egypt will have to win the AFCON, along with Mo keeping up his outstanding start, for him to win it. 

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #17875 on: November 30, 2021, 12:01:26 am »
Lewandowski was robbed both last season and this season. Messi over Lewandowski is a sh$t decision. Sad  Messi is going to keep winning it just for turning up. It's all marketing and bullsh$t.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #17876 on: November 30, 2021, 01:07:24 am »
Yeah, it should have been Lewendowski for me
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #17877 on: November 30, 2021, 07:12:40 am »
We'll have to win a trophy or Egypt will have to win the AFCON, along with Mo keeping up his outstanding start, for him to win it.
I don't think that would be enough, since it's basically a French-Spanish competition. If he transfers to PSG maybe

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17878 on: November 30, 2021, 08:20:36 am »
I don't think that would be enough, since it's basically a French-Spanish competition. If he transfers to PSG maybe

Hey, stop that. In all seriousness though has there been any news or movement on his contract?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17879 on: November 30, 2021, 09:53:10 am »
Take your anger out tomorrow against Everton Mo. Joke that he finished 7th.