Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2866598 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #17800 on: November 25, 2021, 12:44:33 am »
He just is an incredible player.

The way he controls those long passes to him is incredible. He rarely miscontrols any pass and invariably his first touch is sublime. Hit any ball at him and he brings it under control.

His close control is amazing as is his balance. He also seems to be stronger now and rarely gets pushed around.

His consistency puts him currently as the best player in the world.
#JFT97

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17801 on: November 25, 2021, 12:50:47 am »
Just another Juan Cuadrado. This surprisingly lengthy purple patch will come to an end soon!

He's so purple we should call him chocolate.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17802 on: November 25, 2021, 01:01:57 am »
There's a change in Mo this season. He was always blindingly good but I think he knows that he has elevated his game to make him the best is the world and he just oozes confidence to show that he can do whatever he pleases. He looks so assured and confident that he can attempt anything. He faces players up and simply knows that he can tie them in knots. A privilege to have the guy in a red shirt.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #17803 on: November 25, 2021, 07:09:17 am »
Just another Juan Cuadrado. This surprisingly lengthy purple patch will come to an end soon!
Purple patch.  ;D  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PSLwU1CvEfY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PSLwU1CvEfY</a>
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #17804 on: November 25, 2021, 07:30:34 am »
If no one else is going to say it, I’ll say it again….

GIVE HIM THE FUCKING CONTRACT!!!!
And the Ballon d'Or, please.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17805 on: November 25, 2021, 07:44:37 am »
I wasn’t sure there was another level but he has reached it anyway.

He is still playing as well as Messi and Ronaldo in their pomp now. It’s scarcely believable. It will be an absolute scandal when they inevitably snub him for the Ballon d’ Or.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17806 on: November 25, 2021, 08:13:51 am »

He is still playing as well as Messi and Ronaldo in their pomp now. It’s scarcely believable. It will be an absolute scandal when they inevitably snub him for the Ballon d’ Or.

When do they dish the ballon d’or out? If we end up pottless he probs won’t get it even though he is playing the best footy on the planet.

His goal last night was a proper cracker.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:17:13 am by red1977 »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17807 on: November 25, 2021, 08:57:14 am »

He should get it for next year, though for 2021 Lewandowski has been better overall.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #17808 on: November 25, 2021, 09:17:02 am »
That subtle little shimmy of the hips last night just before the goal to throw the defender off was a thing of beauty.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17809 on: November 25, 2021, 09:42:59 am »
That subtle little shimmy of the hips last night just before the goal to throw the defender off was a thing of beauty.

Sure was, text book Mo in the box. You would think Mcmanaman is used to seeing it, but he berated the defender for not tackling him.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #17810 on: November 25, 2021, 09:44:34 am »
Sure was, text book Mo in the box. You would think Mcmanaman is used to seeing it, but he berated the defender for not tackling him.
Macmanaman is grotesque in his criticism or lack of praise, for Liverpool.
The thing is with Salah, now you don't know what he will do next with the ball if you are a defender or goalkeeper.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17811 on: November 25, 2021, 09:45:38 am »
Macmanaman is grotesque in his criticism or lack of praise, for Liverpool.
The thing is with Salah, now you don't know what he will do next with the ball if you are a defender or goalkeeper.

MacManaman is a fool.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #17812 on: November 25, 2021, 09:49:41 am »
MacManaman is a fool.

Yes, it's not just a lack of praise for Liverpool but a lack of praise for anything on a football pitch. He seems to think that everything that happens in the 90 minutes is a monstrous mistake and that there are 22 imbeciles populating the field.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17813 on: November 25, 2021, 09:54:52 am »
Yes, it's not just a lack of praise for Liverpool but a lack of praise for anything on a football pitch. He seems to think that everything that happens in the 90 minutes is a monstrous mistake and that there are 22 imbeciles populating the field.

His 'That's alright then' as a player is hacked down from behind sums up his limited grasp of the actuality of football.

It's as if he'd never played at the top level - after all he didn't end up at his boyhood club. If he had there may be an excuse for his belief that there are imbeciles populating the field.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #17814 on: November 25, 2021, 10:06:29 am »
His 'That's alright then' as a player is hacked down from behind sums up his limited grasp of the actuality of football.

It's as if he'd never played at the top level - after all he didn't end up at his boyhood club. If he had there may be an excuse for his belief that there are imbeciles populating the field.

Indeed. To be fair to him he was a great footballer, but he was clearly one of those to whom things came naturally. He did the right things without ever knowing why. I say that purely on the basis of his idiotic commentary. He's forever showing amazement, but it's always amazement about how awful all the players are.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17815 on: November 25, 2021, 10:17:13 am »
Are we guna lose him and Mane because we wont give them a new contract? Criminal if we do really, and an acceptance that we are not top tier club for players. unfortunately to compete long term we are going to have to match Chelsea, United, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, City & PSG.

Stinks of a Can & Gini where it does quiet, both sides pretend that they want it to happen but start doubting the others desire to get it done. 
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17816 on: November 25, 2021, 10:39:44 am »
Indeed. To be fair to him he was a great footballer, but he was clearly one of those to whom things came naturally. He did the right things without ever knowing why. I say that purely on the basis of his idiotic commentary. He's forever showing amazement, but it's always amazement about how awful all the players are.

He he, true, he always seems so shocked and not really aligned with whats going on, maybe thats why Grobellaar went for him. Macca's alright but sometimes he gets carried away emotionally and forgets what his eyes are telling his brain.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17817 on: November 25, 2021, 10:42:57 am »
Are we guna lose him and Mane because we wont give them a new contract? Criminal if we do really, and an acceptance that we are not top tier club for players. unfortunately to compete long term we are going to have to match Chelsea, United, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, City & PSG.

Stinks of a Can & Gini where it does quiet, both sides pretend that they want it to happen but start doubting the others desire to get it done.

Whether they sign new contracts or not, it’s nothing like Can and Gini.

In the case of Can it seemed most people involved were happy for him to leave on a free, I know I certainly was, he’s not a patch on what we have in midfield currently. Gini was different in that he was an excellent player for us but I’m still not convinced by the argument that it was criminal for us to let him go.

We’ll be doing everything we can to keep both, we’ll have to wait and see if that’s enough.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17818 on: November 25, 2021, 10:43:56 am »

Stinks of a Can & Gini where it does quiet, both sides pretend that they want it to happen but start doubting the others desire to get it done.  He is also struggling  in the Dutch team setup as he does not play much at PSG.

I hope Mo signs soon.
Mane has another year before he needs to sign up.

Re Gini - he is loving his role at PSG and all the money he is getting.  I think sometimes the agents and players lose sight of their role in team and how much they enjoy playing. The extra 50-70k a week is nice but if you hardly play and are still playing in a team where the front 3 are the laziest around then it makes your job much harder.

Same for Can - he thought he was bigger and better than LFC and his career is very average at best. When  I do see him play I think thank Feck he left us for the big bucks and ego team of Juve

Sometimes the grass is not greener - Hopefully MO and his agent do not make the same mistake and get a decent contract for both sides

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17819 on: November 25, 2021, 10:49:53 am »
Shame he goes AFCON as he could have beaten his first season tally.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17820 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:54 am »
Whether they sign new contracts or not, it’s nothing like Can and Gini.

In the case of Can it seemed most people involved were happy for him to leave on a free, I know I certainly was, he’s not a patch on what we have in midfield currently. Gini was different in that he was an excellent player for us but I’m still not convinced by the argument that it was criminal for us to let him go.

We’ll be doing everything we can to keep both, we’ll have to wait and see if that’s enough.

Klopp said that he wanted Can and Gini to stay, i think its clear Gini would have played this year and been an asset to the squad ... but we let him go. I was more referring to the face that both contracts dwindled down with the narrative that both wanted to stay, we wanted both ... but they ultimately left for more money. I think as a club we could kinda except it for both Can and Gini, but for it to happen with the best player in the world would be criminal.
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17821 on: November 25, 2021, 11:05:24 am »
Klopp said that he wanted Can and Gini to stay, i think its clear Gini would have played this year and been an asset to the squad ... but we let him go. I was more referring to the face that both contracts dwindled down with the narrative that both wanted to stay, we wanted both ... but they ultimately left for more money. I think as a club we could kinda except it for both Can and Gini, but for it to happen with the best player in the world would be criminal.

Klopp also gave Mignolet a new contract immediately before selling him. Klopp has no obligation to tell us exactly what he’s thinking, I’m sure he did want both to stay but it depends on the terms that they were requesting. I think people get confused with the manager saying that he wanted a player to stay with the implication that he’s annoyed in some way that the club let them leave.

To me it was fairly obvious that we were planning for life without Gini when we did Thiago, we obviously thought that the condensed nature of the pandemic season warranted keeping both and therefore let Gini leave on a free the following year.

It’s completely different with Salah and Mane, my guess is both will sign relatively shortly.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17822 on: November 25, 2021, 06:35:49 pm »
comparisons with Can and Gini make no sense.  neither was the best in the world, and we had other players ready to can step in.

again I'll say it:
if we don't get that contract done, we'll be the laughing stock of world football.  and we'll fukkin deserve it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:48:36 pm by SamLad »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17823 on: November 25, 2021, 06:47:43 pm »

again I'll say it:
if we don't get that contract done, we'll be the laughing stick of world football.  and we'll fukkin deserve it.
And unless we know the details, nobody is in a position to make that judgement.

The whole “pay whatever it takes” attitude is silly…for any player
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:49:41 pm by b_joseph »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17824 on: November 25, 2021, 06:51:34 pm »
And unless we know the details, nobody is in a position to make that judgement.
disagree completely.

if he's the best player in the world, we need to pay him accordingly.  if we walk away from the able and see him leave, how can we possibly say we want to compete at the highest levels.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #17825 on: November 25, 2021, 08:17:27 pm »
I reckon his contract will be sorted before he wins Ballon D'Or (which is probably not happening this calendar year).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #17826 on: November 25, 2021, 09:18:03 pm »
Overrated.

By some. But certainly not by me. He is the dogs.

Flash the cash. Pronto.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17827 on: November 26, 2021, 09:55:29 am »
disagree completely.

if he's the best player in the world, we need to pay him accordingly.  if we walk away from the able and see him leave, how can we possibly say we want to compete at the highest levels.

But the issue is, what does accordingly mean? A million per week?

Not that that is what he is asking for because we just dont know. Which is why we cant make a judgement as we are blind to the matter.

A Mane renewal would make things more clear but who even knows with that one at this point
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:57:13 am by b_joseph »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17828 on: November 26, 2021, 10:08:39 am »
disagree completely.

Well, Messi, before Barcelona killed themselves, was on around £2 million a week, so we need to match that yes? Then we need to have a wage bill around £500 million a season? That how it works right?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17829 on: November 26, 2021, 11:04:29 am »
Well, Messi, before Barcelona killed themselves, was on around £2 million a week, so we need to match that yes? Then we need to have a wage bill around £500 million a season? That how it works right?

If you repeatedly tell someone they are they best in the world, and also one of the most marketable players in the world they have a right to ask for pay in line with this.

Liverpool have the best player in the world, if we don't get the contract done we will be seen as 2nd tier.
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17830 on: November 26, 2021, 11:25:29 am »
If you repeatedly tell someone they are they best in the world, and also one of the most marketable players in the world they have a right to ask for pay in line with this.

Liverpool have the best player in the world, if we don't get the contract done we will be seen as 2nd tier.

They have the right to ask but we have the right to decide it's not good value for money and/or we can't afford it. And we'll be seen as financially 2nd tier, because that's exactly what we are. We're not in the same league as the financially doped clubs or the idiots in Spain. That's really not a bad thing. It really shouldn't be difficult to acknowledge that we're not going to give any single player £2 million a week.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #17831 on: November 26, 2021, 11:31:26 am »

Yeah... I mean this is grade A bollocks.
United cant get a deal done with Pogba, PSG can't get a deal done with Mbappe etc etc - sometimes you can't get a deal done.

You don't make financial decisions and football decisions based on the effects on your rep

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17832 on: November 26, 2021, 11:51:26 am »
United cant get a deal done with Pogba, PSG can't get a deal done with Mbappe etc etc - sometimes you can't get a deal done.

You don't make financial decisions and football decisions based on the effects on your rep

its not.

Pogba wants out and so does Mbappe. Salah wants to stay.
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17833 on: November 26, 2021, 11:55:49 am »
And we'll be seen as financially 2nd tier, because that's exactly what we are.

Thats fine, we must also be be ok with us getting players to the best in the world and then leaving because we cant pay them as that. Cant be any hard feelings if Salah leaves us for more money.
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17834 on: November 26, 2021, 03:34:21 pm »

No, you make them based on what's best for the club. Losing a guy like Salah makes zero sense.

At the same time imo there aren't any other clubs he'd want to move to. 

It really shouldn't be difficult to acknowledge that we're not going to give any single player £2 million a week.
Where in god's name did that number come from?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17835 on: November 26, 2021, 04:27:12 pm »
its not.

Pogba wants out and so does Mbappe. Salah wants to stay.

If Salah wants to stay he will. Salah is probably open to staying and open to leaving. There is certainly a deal to be done, but there's always a deal to be done. You don't think that if Pogba or Mbappe are offered a ridiculous offer they wouldn't stay?

What Jack is getting at - and his point is self-evidently correct - is that sometimes you can't get a reasonable deal done. Sometimes people come to the table unsure of what they want so they ask for something that the other side is unlikely to agree to to hedge.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17836 on: November 26, 2021, 05:30:47 pm »

Where in god's name did that number come from?

Read the posts. I was replying to this...

Which was in reply to this...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 05:33:21 pm by Knight »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17837 on: November 26, 2021, 05:38:23 pm »

Probably not the best examples. Mbappe and Pogba both made it clear they don't want to stay at their clubs. Salah publicly stated his desire to remain at Liverpool, which makes it a different situation.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 05:40:55 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17838 on: November 26, 2021, 05:56:26 pm »
As I said before, it's great that Salah says he wants to stay. To that end, he has to remember that LFC is not an oil club with bottomless pits of money.

I've no doubt he ploughs a lot of his earnings into his home country and aides the disadvantaged, but he will still leave Liverpool a multi millionaire. The club needs a wage structure so I hope he keeps his contract demands reasonable and that the club treats him with equal respect.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #17839 on: November 26, 2021, 06:27:23 pm »
His ability to put defenders on their arses without touching the ball is unparalleled.
The fact that his song is based on a track called 'Sit down' is very apt, considering that's what most defenders do when he dribbles around them.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.