Author Topic: Community Spirit: Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Community Spirit: Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:09:40 pm »
Fourteen competitive wins in a row, and the latest addition to that impressive run coming against Chelsea – who also happened to be the eighth scalp on that list. Not bad at all for a Sunday stroll in the (Arms) park.

What's more, their players were riled during the match, with two lucky to not be sent off (in Essien's case his crime was no lesser than Pepe Reina's against Chelsea in February), and their manager riled afterwards. It made the victory a little sweeter, as they clearly cared.

It doesn't mean the Reds will finish above Chelsea, as they're still rightly favourites for the title – and with a get-out-of-jail-free card like Shevchenko in their ranks they will always be dangerous – but it was a nice little marker to put down. Especially when they put out a strong starting XI, and Rafa rested some of his key men. The only thing Chelsea rested were their fans, with 12,000 of them 'dropped' for the big occasion.

Already there looks a lot more options for Liverpool players when on the ball. The addition of pace in wide areas, allied to intelligent movement, gives anyone in a red shirt someone to aim at. The only quick attacker for the Reds last year was Cissé, and despite some very good work at times, his movement often lacked the necessary intelligence.

The biggest thing Pennant and Gonzalez have done – even without touching the ball – is open up the pitch. With the best trio of central midfielders in England, and possibly the world, the space for them to play has been created with the natural width. Pennant was so wide at times on Wednesday he looked like he was part of the crowd.

Pennant's movement for Riise's opening goal was not the only example, but it was a prime one. It reminded me of a run Steve McManaman made at Old Trafford in 1995/96, when a tired Michael Thomas rolled him the ball late in the game, and Macca drove forward, squaring for Fowler to score (after sending Gary Neville the wrong way). Except on this occasion the run was ignored, becoming a mere decoy as Riise drove infield into the space Pennant's movement created as he ran across the line of the Norwegian.

For the second game running Momo Sissoko, another quick youngster with an engine like a top-range Mercedes, was just awesome. His skill and passing ability was always there; but his decision making could often be too rash. Now he looks calmer in possession while still being a monster without the ball.

Dan Agger, another 21-year-old, was also exemplary. I'm not sure how much he's trained, but he's missed all the summer games (with a facial injury, I believe). Every time I see him I like him more. He's quick, strong, good in the air, has a superb left foot and most crucially for a young centre-back, can actually read the game. This will have done his confidence the world of good.

You look at the squad, and even with quality players like Kewell and Fowler absent it looks like there are no glaring weaknesses. The only gap is a fourth striker, but two goals in each of the first two games, and the way they've been created, suggest that the Reds can make use of the more space they are creating in the final third. It means creating clearer chances, that are harder to miss.

A big bonus has been that the new acquisitions have been superb, all appearing to settle quickly – although I'm sure I said the same about Josemi.

Bellamy was electric when he came on today. At Anfield on Wednesday there wasn't as much space to run into, with the Israelis defending fairly deep, but in his hometown he had acres in which to sprint past defenders. He timed his run from deep to perfection in the build-up to the winning goal, and showed a lot of maturity on the ball. A goal and an assist in his first 100 minutes in a red shirt: a great start.

I felt pace on the break would be a major improvement this season; even in my wildest dreams I didn't expect a full-back to run 70-yards and pop in a cracking goal like Riise did. An area of weakness for the Reds last year was a lack of goals from defenders, including Riise himself in his 'dry' stints at left-back, so this was an instantly encouraging sign.

I read that Riise had trained hard over the summer, to cope with the arrival of Fabio Aurelio, and there can be no better testament to competition for places; fair play to Riise for putting in the extra effort.

It was also good to see more evidence that Peter Crouch can be a real threat in the air, despite the stick he gets. Since last December he's scored nine headers for club and country, out of 20 goals in that time; he has some technical deficiencies in his style, but I doubt any other English-based player has scored as many headers in that period. He still needs to convert more, of course, but that was a good start to the season.

What I liked most about his winner against Chelsea was how, with Bellamy sensibly delaying, Crouch peeled away from John Terry to find a couple of yards of space. Once the cross came in there was almost no missing. But it was down to a moment of quick-thinking allied to an inch-perfect cross.

Of the other new-boys, Fabio Aurelio looked very tidy when he came on at left midfield. He was very composed on the ball, and comfortable going forward; he also looked less worried by the tackles flying than Gonzalez, who tentatively dangled a foot a couple of times. Given his Brazlian nationality I was automatically under the impression Aurelio was merely a skilful defender, so it's nice to see him get stuck in a little. He's missed some of the pre-season programme, so he'll only get stronger.

Jose Mourinho, beaten by the Reds for the second consecutive game, put it all down to his team's inferior conditioning, in his usual graceless way. Of course, it's only one week before the league campaign, and the Reds have only played a single competitive game – hardly that far advanced. And it was a Liverpool team with many of its best players on the bench, largely due to having played in that Maccabi Haifa game. You can't blame Jose for trying to con everyone, but more and more people are seeing through his 'psychology'.

I think the basic thing you can take from today's game is that Liverpool are capable of challenging for the title. Whether the Reds actually go on to do so is another matter; a lot depends on injuries, form, and of course, luck. But the potential is there. With Manchester United and Arsenal also beaten during this calender year, the tide is turning a little in the games against the biggest teams – an area where the Reds had been found wanting in Benítez's first 18 months.

The next challenge is to see Jose Mourinho looking grumpy and making excuses in May 2007. If the Reds just happen to make next month's visit to Stamford Bridge the 19th win in a row, who knows?

© Paul Tomkins 2006

'Red Revival', 'The Red Review' and 'Golden Past, Red Future' available to order from www.paultomkins.com

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 07:12:18 pm by Paul Tomkins »

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Community Spirit: Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:15:18 pm »
Decent read Paul. Agree about Gonzalez too, I thought he had a good game, but needs to be a little more solid, which I'm sure he will be soon enough.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:15:55 pm »
I thought Chelsea looked unbalanced today, and apart from a couple of scary moments we had them well under control!

Maybe they're not the shoe-ins for the title they'd have us all believe!

If we'd beaten them home and away last year we'd have won the title, so seeing as we've, by common consent, strengthened our squad this season, we're going to go MIGHTY close this time I think!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:27:09 pm by champs2005 »
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 07:20:11 pm »
If we'd beaten them home and away last year we'd hve won the title.

How do you work that out?

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 07:20:27 pm »
About sums it up at the moment. Lets hope we can be lucky with injuries this year too. We've had our share over the last two/
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 07:24:30 pm »

I think he means we would have had 6 points more, they would have had 6 less. Hence we would have finished 3 points above them.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline jesslfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 07:24:34 pm »

Because they would of dropped points and we would of gained them!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 07:24:54 pm »
Plus 6 points to us, less six points from them would have given us the title.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 07:25:13 pm »
I like your "Get-out-of-jail-free card" for Chavshenko. We might need that card for Pennant actually. 30m not worth it though - if he goes to jail, he can stay there. ;D :D
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline Saracen Salcano

• Would like an identity
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 07:26:32 pm »

Of the other new-boys, Fabio Aurelio looked very tidy when he came on at left midfield. He was very composed on the ball, and comfortable going forward; he also looked less worried by the tackles flying than Gonzalez, who tentatively dangled a foot a couple of times. Given his Brazlian nationality I was automatically under the impression Aurelio was merely a skilful defender, so it's nice to see him get stuck in a little. He's missed some of the pre-season programme, so he'll only get stronger.

good analysis of Aurelio.

Thought he nearly of grabbed his first goal for us too.  keeper made a good save to deny what was a clever reactionary side foot into the bottom corner.

Miles better than the cover we've had in that position since Benitez' arrival.
COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 07:26:38 pm »
I think he means we would have had 6 points more, they would have had 6 less. Hence we would have finished 3 points above them.
Plus 6 points to us, less six points from them would have given us the title.
Because they would've dropped points and we would've gained them!

If memory serves, their dropped points came when the title was already in the bag?

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 07:31:32 pm »
No mention of Zenden Mr T?  I thought he and Sissoko matched Chelsea's midfield very impressively, I was very (pleasantly) suprised how well they played together.  If we have a situation where Alonso and Gerrard are injured / suspended, it's nice to know that Sissoko and Zenden seem to have a good understanding there.  It may well be very important to have plenty of midfield options if we have a fixture pile-up due to winning every competition we're in..  ;)
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline jesslfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »
If memory serves, their dropped points came when the title was already in the bag?

It's just in theory.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »

Less six points for them and plus six points for us.

Also had duck face not scored for man u in the 90th minute giving them the win, we'd have finished 2nd.

Although everyone seems to forget that chelsea took their foot off the pedal in the last three games of the season, they were by no means guaranteed those points but I feel if they had needed the wins they would have got them.

this season, I hope we pressure them for the whole season, I want to see how they handle that.

Good read as always Paul.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 07:35:54 pm »
Good read that.

Thought Gonzalez was avergae otday and Pennant also.  Both could have really go tat their full backs a lot more i thought.  That said, they really stretched them and it's nice to have a threat down the flanks.

Fabio Aurelio seems to have been brought here as a winger.  Srange one that, not good news for Harry.  He doesn't look much of a threat in terms of pace (he's not slow but he's not rapid), but hehas an excellent touch and showed his quality at Crewe.  Great crosser of the ball both dead and in play.

Exciting times.

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 07:37:39 pm »

I know that, but the fact is they DID drop those points! OK, they probably wouldn't have if there was pressure on them to get something, and as a poster said earlier, it's only in theory, but I think Mourhino knows who his TRUE challengers are this season! He's had it easy so far, let's see what he's like when the heat is REALLY on!
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 07:43:12 pm »
I know that, but the fact is they DID drop those points! OK, they probably wouldn't have if there was pressure on them to get something, and as a poster said earlier, it's only in theory, but I think Mourhino knows who his TRUE challengers are this season! He's had it easy so far, let's see what he's like when the heat is REALLY on!

Well, he is already trying to diffuse any early season jitters by claiming his players aren't up to full fitness and the World Cup took it's toll.

It' classic deflection.  I really hope we see them under pressure this season, because I think rather like when Arsenal lost it after the unbeaten run went, Chelsea will too.  Their game is based on being confident that they will always win and grind out a result.  When some of those results go against them, we will see their true mettle.

Let's hope teams actually have a go at them this season instead of just hoping for a draw.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
Good read, Paul. Nice report and summarisation.

Yes, but don't forget that Blackburn and Newcastle away from home aren't the easiest fixtures in the Premiership. They may well have anyway. Doubtful, but you never know...

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 07:48:44 pm »
As said before, T, I think some kind of appreciation of Zenden is found wanting. I thought he had a brilliant game considering he's been out for so long and had the likes of Ballack, Lamps and Essien in front of him. They talk about Chelsea's midfield being unbalanced but even Zenden and Momo's pairing was not 'experienced'. I thought he did a brilliant job, considering the circumstances.

Good read, though.

Offline StevieF

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 07:51:45 pm »
Jose Mourinho, beaten by the Reds for the second consecutive game, put it all down to his team's inferior conditioning, in his usual graceless way. Of course, it's only one week before the league campaign, and the Reds have only played a single competitive game – hardly that far advanced. And it was a Liverpool team with many of its best players on the bench, largely due to having played in that Maccabi Haifa game. You can't blame Jose for trying to con everyone, but more and more people are seeing through his 'psychology'.

I'm not sure that Ian Dowie saw through it given his (at times barely intelligable) post-match comments on the Beeb.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 07:52:17 pm »
No mention of Zenden Mr T?   

People normally moan I write too much, so moaning at what I leave out won't help  ;)

Thought he played really well today in the centre, missed a sitter but got forward well and got stuck in. Much better than on Weds.

Yes, but don't forget that Blackburn and Newcastle away from home aren't the easiest fixtures in the Premiership. They may well have anyway. Doubtful, but you never know...

Good point, but you still can't say Chelsea wouldn't have won those fixtures had they needed to. Liverpool used to drop points once the title was in the bag, too busy on the champagne no doubt.

Winning the league fixtures against Chelsea and Man U would certainly open it up a hell of a lot. And as I said in this week's .tv piece, Arsenal didn't win any of their four games against those two - this season they can definitely take points from them, and that will help us, even if we lose away to the Gunners yet again.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 08:02:41 pm »

People normally moan I write too much, so moaning at what I leave out won't help  ;)

Thought he played really well today in the centre, missed a sitter but got forward well and got stuck in. Much better than on Weds.

Have I ever moaned you write too much?  ;)

Just thought, considering he and Momo were put up against the 'best midfield in the world' (Trademark Chelsea Village), they both did an amazing job.  Didn't realise that Bolo could be so strong on the ball.  Impressive given that he's still not 100% fit.  I'm grateful that we've got some strong looking options in the side, and plenty of versatility.  :)

Offline D-Note

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 08:08:44 pm »
I'm not sure that Ian Dowie saw through it given his (at times barely intelligable) post-match comments on the Beeb.

Without meaning to turn this into another 'BBC are shite' thread I can't not comment on my anger at their post match comments. Having watched the game (albeit on sky) I came home to revel in our triumph once more to hear excuses being made for them by 'neutral' pundits. It's not an unfair advantage that our coaching staff is better than theirs (re: fitness) and the excuse that Makelele was missing? (See Gerrard, Alonso, Hyppia and Bellamy for the majority of the match).

Really enjoyed the match today if only because I wasn't worried for a moment during it (slight under-exaggeration, maybe). We looked like the controlling force we seemed last season, even with all the changes.

Very suprised to see Agger lining up.  Even more suprised to see him play a blinder for 90 minutes considering how long he's been out. How Maureen can use fitness as an excuse is beyond me when Agger flies in the face of all his foolhardy spoutings.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 08:16:06 pm »
Without meaning to turn this into another 'BBC are shite' thread I can't not comment on my anger at their post match comments. Having watched the game (albeit on sky) I came home to revel in our triumph once more to hear excuses being made for them by 'neutral' pundits. It's not an unfair advantage that our coaching staff is better than theirs (re: fitness) and the excuse that Makelele was missing? (See Gerrard, Alonso, Hyppia and Bellamy for the majority of the match).

Really enjoyed the match today if only because I wasn't worried for a moment during it (slight under-exaggeration, maybe). We looked like the controlling force we seemed last season, even with all the changes.

Very suprised to see Agger lining up.  Even more suprised to see him play a blinder for 90 minutes considering how long he's been out. How Maureen can use fitness as an excuse is beyond me when Agger flies in the face of all his foolhardy spoutings.

Thing is, if you're Mourinho, it can go both ways.  If the roles were reversed, he'd be moaning that "We had to play our first competitive game sooner - after a gruelling World Cup for my players, it's a real disadvantage having to start sooner than everyone else."

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 08:22:26 pm »
That Article just makes me Wet!!!!!

Role on next Saturday......
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline D-Note

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 08:29:34 pm »
This is what I mean. Full marks to Rafa and Pako. Alot of people (especially the good ol' media) grilled them for our pre-season results when you could see they've had the difficult job of getting World Cup and non-World Cup players to the right standard at the right time. Though some of them aren't there yet and yes it's only two competitive games (though they were against a team that is a few games ahead of us and last years league champions, respectively) the squad does look like there's a good chance it's going to hit the ground running.

The other intelligent move I felt Rafa played today was that, had we lost we weren't full strength and it would have been easy to write the game off as excercise. The fact that our 'squad' - not 'team' - was victorious today, has given all the boys an extra psychological boost.

Having read a couple of Rafa books over the summer you can just see all of his and Pako's little plans coming into fruition, month by month.

Subconcious decision making and fitness are the way forward, combined with heart and desire.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 08:33:16 pm »
Thing is, if you're Mourinho, it can go both ways.  If the roles were reversed, he'd be moaning that "We had to play our first competitive game sooner - after a gruelling World Cup for my players, it's a real disadvantage having to start sooner than everyone else."

He was already making his excuses before the match. That's why I loved that Rafa picked a 'weakened' team, as it said a) we don't fear you, as we feel we can beat you with any team we put out; and b) we won't give you that ready-made excuse about being 50% - after all, it's a week before the league campaign starts, not mid-July. Both teams had players at the World Cup, and both teams had a couple of injuries.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 08:36:56 pm »
No-one's touched upon the fact that we've scored goals late on in our last four competitive games. That's a necessity for any Championship winning side.

;)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 08:43:13 pm »
No-one's touched upon the fact that we've scored goals late on in our last four competitive games. That's a necessity for any Championship winning side.

;)

I know Olly's included something about it in the book, but without checking back I *think* it's true to say we scored more goals late in games last season than any other team.

Will double-check that, but if not, we certainly are this season  :D

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 08:47:31 pm »
Pako Ayestran has said that the cause of it is his strenious training sessions, getting the players fit and able to go on longer in matches. We scored late winners in a lot of games during his first season, too: Arsenal, Olympiacos, Palace etc. Hopefully it's an indication that we can score more late winners this season, although not too late, my heart wouldn't be able to take it.

I know Olly's included something about it in the book, but without checking back I *think* it's true to say we scored more goals late in games last season than any other team.

Will double-check that, but if not, we certainly are this season  :D

Wouldn't surprise me; off the top of my head, we scored late goals against Birmingham away, Arsenal at home, Blackburn at home, West Ham at home, the cup final, Aston Villa away and so on. Quite impressive.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 08:49:54 pm »
off the top of my head, we scored late goals against Birmingham away, Arsenal at home, Blackburn at home, West Ham at home, the cup final, Aston Villa away and so on.

Can't say I remember any of those goals coming courtesy of the top of your head...

Offline StevieF

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 08:50:07 pm »
Although post-match wasn't exactly the Beebs finest hour, Mark Bright made a decnt point (for a change) about Crouchies movement in the box; needs to peel away to the back post more often.  I'm sure its the sort of thing being worked on in training - bit more intelligent movement in the box and big Pete will have 5 or so goals more a season.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:23 pm »
Can't say I remember any of those goals coming courtesy of the top of your head...

:D

They all happened in my dreams, Paul! I'm a modern-day Andy Gray when my head hits the pillow. :o

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:43 pm »
I thought Zenden was quality today, his distriution was class and he was very tidy on the ball. Until today i never really saw him excelling in the centre but he won me over this afternoon and i believe he will prove to be valuable asset in that position, its like having a band new player after his injurys last year..

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 08:54:27 pm »
I thought Zenden was quality today, his distriution was class and he was very tidy on the ball. Until today i never really saw him excelling in the centre but he won me over this afternoon and i believe he will prove to be valuable asset in that position, its like having a band new player after his injurys last year..

I think it's important to have a Gerrard or Zenden in the centre, despite the success of Momo and Xabi in the centre together last season. They lack that penetration that's often required. When Chelsea began to defend our wing play better they took control of the game; we need different attacking options and Bolo offered us that quite a lot. He'll only get better with more games too, just like he started to at the beginning of last season.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 08:59:11 pm »
Arsenal scored 22 goals in the last 15 minutes in the league, the mancs 18, we 14 and Chelsea 9.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 09:05:51 pm »
Arsenal scored 22 goals in the last 15 minutes in the league, the mancs 18, we 14 and Chelsea 9.

Fair enough. Think it might have been that we scored either just before the break or just before the end of the match.

Thinking about it, we didn't score as many goals as some other teams, so unlikely we'd have scored the most late on...

hoonin

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 09:14:36 pm »
Good read Paul. A bit short though mate.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:39 pm »
Good read Paul. A bit short though mate.

Well that's your fault for not allowing us to fiddle with the font size anymore.

That trick got me through many an essay and a fair few assignments.

*shakes fist angrily*

hoonin

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:48 pm »
;D

Blame Ben!