Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287803 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The Daniel Sturridge
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:51:47 pm »
Echo

Daniel Sturridge reflected on his Liverpool revival and admitted: "I feel at home again."

The England striker looked destined to leave Anfield this summer after dropping down the pecking order and enduring an injury-plagued loan spell at West Brom.

However, he returned on a mission to force his way into Jurgen Klopp's plans and has made a big impact with his performances so far in pre-season.

"I'm enjoying myself and enjoying my football. I can't ask for any more," he told Liverpoolfc.com

“I love it here. I love the lads and the banter in the group is unbelievable. I feel at home again. I’m just happy to be back and to push myself and be part of the group again.

“When I went away I learned too. That’s also a good thing. When you’re not involved in the environment you learn a lot about yourself, the team, watching from afar and seeing how the team are playing. You can learn more when you’re outside the environment.

“I learned a lot watching the games the boys were playing in and also being away and being in a different team’s environment and seeing how they work too.

“My ambition is to train hard and work hard in pre-season. I’m not putting any pressure on myself or the management or my team-mates. It’s about enjoying myself.

I’m part of an unbelievable group, we have a chance to be successful this season. Everybody is pulling together and being part of that unity – being together as one and trying to make this team successful – is what it’s all about.

“We want to win trophies and we want to be successful. It starts now and it’s a long season."

-----------------------------------------------------

I love his attitude since he's joined the club, especially now, he seems motivated even more so, he's one of the most talented strikers in recent years that have played for this club and it's a shame that he's had a Harry Kewell career  injury wise. He's a good lad, who has gotten some weird unwarranted stick in the past as if he wants to get injured, perhaps it's all wishful thinking but touch wood, I hope he is at the club come August 12th.

I think he still has plenty to prove, plenty to contribute and I'd rather have him here than not. He's looked sharp so far, hopefully that continues and for once he gets a bit of luck injury wise.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:16 pm »
He can still do a job for us if he can stay fit.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »
I’ve always liked Danny, if he can stay fit he can prove to be an asset coming off the bench.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:57:33 pm »
I’ve always liked Danny, if he can stay fit he can prove to be an asset coming off the bench.

Same here, love it when he scores.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:58:02 pm »
What a great attitude to have, I really hope he can play a part in our season.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 08:59:15 pm »
Same here, love it when he scores.

He was absolutely lethal during the 13/14 season.

Seems a good laugh aswell always in good spirits!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:00:08 pm »
Ah fuck it.
I'll hope.
Ready to be hurt again.

Fit and firing Sturridge and we are title contenders.
Hurt me Daniel.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:24 pm »
Be a dream if he can get back, hes one of the top strikers around on form. Low block teams execute for 75 minutes so we throw Studge and Shaq on. Ha. Take that.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
Don't do this to me Humongous One. Not again.  :butt :butt

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:58 pm »
Really hope he can stay fit.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 09:07:37 pm »
Humungous D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:08:39 pm »
It has to be said, we have had our share of 'disappointments' with Sturridge, being spoiled armchair warriors and all that.
But can you even imaging what it was like for him? To know you are so good yet be denied the chances to prove it.

And still he is ready, motivated, willing to give it another go - to fight for his place, all with a smile.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:32 pm »
There's no point whatsoever in getting my hopes up again given his injury record, but I've always liked him and oh how I'd love it if he did manage to get himself properly fit and back to somewhere near his best. It's great though that we're no longer in the position where we're relying on his fitness to have a successful season and that we can treat anything we do manage to get out of him as a nice bonus.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:50 pm »
How can you not love Daniel Sturridge?

Definitely could do a job for us. Hope to see wiggly arms aplenty next season  :)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 09:17:39 pm »
It's being sweep under the rug but Sturridge has been one of the standout performers in preseason.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 09:18:25 pm »
Some of his touches yesterday were delicious. If we need to do something to win with 15 minutes to go, I'd rather he than anyone else in our squad is on the bench and able to come on.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »
Impact sub - occasional starter.

Just manage his fitness somehow.

Was nice to see him take the knock yesterday - but eventually get up and get back into the game.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 09:22:43 pm »
Not falling for this one again.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:38 pm »
He looks sharp and according to Klopp, he's been pretty much omnipresent through all preseason training.

As has been mentioned, quality have never been an issue with him. It's always been about fitness.

There were potentially some issues about he might fit into Klopp's plans, especially how he likes to play his front three. But if preseason is any indication, there might be a role for him as the one furthest forward. Honestly, if fit, that option excites me much more than an Ings, Solanke, or Origi.

Being fit is the main issue though. If we don't purchase any other attacker this window (which looks might be the case), I won't be surprised if he remains with us this season or at least the first half of the season.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:57 pm »
always thought he had the quality, never in doubt.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »
It's being sweep under the rug but Sturridge has been one of the standout performers in preseason.

Yeah, he's scored three times as well. When was the last time he had a pre-season like this?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 09:25:26 pm »
heart says yes

brain says injured
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 09:26:55 pm »
love him. One of my favourite persons to play for the club in the last 10 years. A real genuine guy. Hope to the bottom of my heart that he can help us this season.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
Yeah, he's scored three times as well. When was the last time he had a pre-season like this?

Should have had an assist yesterday.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 09:31:39 pm »
Just can't see him staying fit, him Lallana and Matip just seem to pick up injuries from nowhere. If we aren't buying anymore forward players he's clearly our best option at the club, we've just got to keep our fingers crossed.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 09:33:15 pm »
He's like the ex girlfriend you find your mind flirting back to every so often. You know you shouldn't, but given the chance you just would.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 09:33:36 pm »
Imagine, though...

Better looking than Samie.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2018, 09:35:25 pm »
Imagine, though...

Bus parkers here we come!

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 09:37:47 pm »
I feel a certain change in attitude here. Even his game feels a bit more responsible. I'd always felt since Klopp came in that Studge would need to start to work a bit more on the defensive side of the game. He's never quite managed to do that bit until now. This pre-season it looks like he's genuinely taking it on-board. I think the West Brom loan was an eye-opener for him like he says, where he realised just how good he had it here. Going from Klopp to Pardew's a massive life lesson to anyone. I genuinely see him being useful this season as a foil for Bobby. Injuries will always be a worry, but I think he looks fitter than he has in previous seasons and he might just be able to keep up with the intensity without breaking down. Here's to hoping!

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 09:39:09 pm »
Imagine, though...

Is he quick enough these days to play there, wouldn't be in my first eleven.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 09:40:53 pm »
He's like heroin really, you know it's bad for you but you keep coming back for more. He's silky smooth when in full flight though and I'm more than happy to have him around. All the younger lads love him as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 09:45:17 pm »
I feel a certain change in attitude here. Even his game feels a bit more responsible. I'd always felt since Klopp came in that Studge would need to start to work a bit more on the defensive side of the game. He's never quite managed to do that bit until now. This pre-season it looks like he's genuinely taking it on-board. I think the West Brom loan was an eye-opener for him like he says, where he realised just how good he had it here. Going from Klopp to Pardew's a massive life lesson to anyone. I genuinely see him being useful this season as a foil for Bobby. Injuries will always be a worry, but I think he looks fitter than he has in previous seasons and he might just be able to keep up with the intensity without breaking down. Here's to hoping!

Yep, feels like he's really (and finally) bought into the team ethic here. It shows in him taking a more proactive, creative role on the pitch, trying to get his teammates more involved. It's now a matter of staying fit and Klopp finding a place for him tactically.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 09:47:53 pm »
Is he quick enough these days to play there, wouldn't be in my first eleven.

He's quick enough. He isn't as fast as he was but he's still got excellent movement and along with those players, there will be space for him to exploit.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »
Imagine, though...

I'm sold, where do I sign?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 10:05:55 pm »
Don't do it to yourselves

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 10:07:36 pm »

I don't see the harm, if he's fit he'll be a great part of the team. If he gets injured, we have a very strong, talented team even without him.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 10:10:21 pm »
There's no reason to believe that this season won't be like every other one he's had since 13/14

But just imagine...
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 10:11:37 pm »
I like this attitude from him. It's not like it was lacking before, but it seems more intense now, and his play during the preseason has been more purposeful than I remember in years past. I don't think he has taken a wild shot or been notably selfish, even though he is playing mostly with the kids. He is leading from the front. I just hope his body can withstand his determination!   

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 10:13:38 pm »

I'd rather talk about this than Karius and all the other crap.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2018, 10:13:59 pm »
I personally don't see the point in selling him for his current value. Whatever we can get for him is worth the gamble. Even in the current market, no team will risk more than 15 million on him given his injury history. I think that's an amount worth taking the risk for. If it works out, we could have an absolute tonker of a supersub. He can offer something different to what we have in our other options and it also allows to let Solanke go on loan, which I think would be better for Dom's development, because I feel long term, Dom has the attributes to be Firmino's like-for-like replacement (I know his work-rate and pressing intelligence is nowhere close, but he's young and that can be worked on - Physically and Technically he's sound enough).