Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287844 times)

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2018, 10:59:49 am »
I am ready.......~
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2018, 11:05:49 am »
No problem with him staying - always had a soft spot for him... just bloody stay fit!

Btw how good was he in the 13/14 season?!?! https://twitter.com/gagstandon/status/1021482031375638528?s=21
Crazy how sharp and agile he was, some of those moves beating a few men for fun running half the pitch. Still such a classy player his quality on the ball was apparent there too.

Only funny thing is I've never actually seen him outright acknowledge how he's changed as a player since coming back late 2015.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2018, 11:07:39 am »
Love Danny, not many will agree but our most naturally gifted player for me

Any excuse to post this gem too...

Thanks for posting - what a delight...and a shame! I love the goal vs Southampton at 7:50 - its not at all spectacular but there's something about the level of contempt and ease in it thats staggering... dummy - create half a yard - put ball through half yard gap into goal... whats hard about football again?!
Don't think the first statement is remotely contentious - he's one of the most gifted players ever to play for the club

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2018, 11:19:11 am »
Thanks for posting - what a delight...and a shame! I love the goal vs Southampton at 7:50 - its not at all spectacular but there's something about the level of contempt and ease in it thats staggering... dummy - create half a yard - put ball through half yard gap into goal... whats hard about football again?!
Don't think the first statement is remotely contentious - he's one of the most gifted players ever to play for the club

The little dummy is brilliant,  throws the defender off balance just enough to open up the space for him to finish

His goal against Sevilla still amazes me, every time I see it i just laugh at the audacity of it

As for the first part, I can't help but feel he's always been underrated here and pretty much throughout his career. Never really see the adoration that other big players have got here then when the injuries started that became pretty much the sole focus. I think a large amount of people forget just how good he is but I do feel many have never really warmed to him which is strange because he's such a big personality as well which people normally love... Look at Milner and Firmino for prime examples (in different ways).

I think we need as Klopp puts it that bit of arrogance, that he has in his game. Against those low block sides you can see some of our players heads dropping as the minutes tick on, Danny never seems to have this is any game, he's just always moving and looking for that yard of space to be the match decider and he never looks to just pass the responsibility to someone else, its a bit like Salah and for an entire game in crucial moments it's 'im going to win us this'

He seems to be adapting his game and to be honest, he has everything you would want for a 10/second striker. Skill to open up space, game intelligence, vision, ability to pick a pass, great shot from distance and good movement.

Maybe i'm being stupid and its only going to end one way but his blossoming partnership with Keita has got me excited, reminds me of him and Phil previously. Even without that blistering pace, he still has the movement to time his runs to stay onside and burst into space leaving enough time to finish
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:23:36 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2018, 11:20:32 am »
fuck it, the scar tissue is nearly healed. Burn me again with your dreams of fitness and beautiful goals Daniel, burn me like a motherfucker. I yearn to feel the fiery touch of your wandlike left foot once more.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2018, 11:20:46 am »
I really want to make a post but then I realise it would practically be the same one I made last year...

I just think if Sturridge had half a season he was fit, then he would make his place in the squad completely worth it when it comes to our trophy ambitions. I understand he's being paid first team wages but I think he offers a quality in reserve that we wouldn't have otherwise. Looking at our other striking options just adds to that feeling. You can't argue against his injury record I know, that's a fact.

If he's fit and here he could make a vital contribution at the start of the season while the World Cup guys are still recovering. Hope it happens!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2018, 11:24:42 am »
All in again

Be the difference Danny boy!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2018, 12:20:47 pm »
Fuck it I'm in, the thought of Mané copying his celebration gives me a serious boner
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2018, 12:21:54 pm »
Fuck it I'm in, the thought of Mané copying his celebration gives me a serious boner

oh god, he's worth keeping around just for this
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2018, 12:26:26 pm »

Sold
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2018, 01:00:59 pm »
Hopefully if utilized we go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. Give him support as he isn't the type of forward to lead the line alone. That's just not his game.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2018, 01:05:01 pm »
Echo saying he's staying this season... I'm shocked in a good way!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:55 pm »
To be honest, since he first came in Klopps always spoken very very highly of him

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »
To be honest, since he first came in Klopps always spoken very very highly of him

Yeah the 'Klopp doesn't fancy Sturridge' was always fan inference rather than the reality of what he was saying
To be honest it would be hard to find a coach who could watch him in training and not want him in their team
Let's hope he can contribute this season

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2018, 01:24:04 pm »
If he's staying we got to find a way of getting him on the pitch against the dross as the 4th attacker. We don't have an out-and-out creative midfielder so imo we got to push Bobby back as our no.10 to get even more out of his creativity.

I know that perhaps Sturridge might get in Salah's way a bit and it may get a bit crowded in the box but with Mane, Bobby, Sturridge and Mo all on the pitch I feel it gives us the best chance of getting the maximum pts possible against bottom 13. Especially when you consider we have a new keeper with Fabinho and Naby protecting our back 4 - hopefully meaning those individual mistakes and cheap goals against the dross will be at the minimum.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2018, 01:30:37 pm »
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge set to stay for another season

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp believes 'the future is bright' for striker

By James Pearce

Daniel Sturridge is set to stay at Liverpool this season with Jurgen Klopp prepared to run the risk of losing the striker on a free transfer next summer.

The England frontman had looked destined to leave Anfield after an injury-plagued loan spell at relegated West Brom.
However, Liverpool are now ready to rebuff any interest from rival clubs and retain his services for the final year of his £120,000 per week contract.

Sturridge has worked tirelessly to regain fitness and has impressed Klopp with his attitude and application in pre-season.

The 28-year-old, who has scored 63 goals in 133 games for the Reds since his £12million move from Chelsea in 2013, has delivered a number of eye-catching performances in the friendly matches with Klopp using him in a slightly deeper role at times.

“Who doubts Daniel Sturridge when he is fit? I don’t,” Klopp said after Sunday’s defeat to Borussia Dortmund in Charlotte.

“He is an outstanding player when he is fit. The future is bright.
“He is still young enough. It is not as if he is 30-something. He is experienced. He has natural arrogance that you need on the pitch, so when something doesn’t work he doesn’t disappear out of the game for 10 minutes.”
The Liverpool squad leave Charlotte today to fly to New York ahead of Wednesday’s game against Manchester City at the MetLife Stadium.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-striker-daniel-sturridge-set-14945863

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2018, 01:33:49 pm »
He's averaged 15.25 league games over the last 4 seasons and 4.25 goals in that time. If he's on 120 k pw and staying for another season he's got to be doing improving on that.  Here's to him staying fit and looking as sharp as he has in pre season.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2018, 01:35:52 pm »
If he's staying we got to find a way of getting him on the pitch against the dross as the 4th attacker. We don't have an out-and-out creative midfielder so imo we got to push Bobby back as our no.10 to get even more out of his creativity.

I know that perhaps Sturridge might get in Salah's way a bit and it may get a bit crowded in the box but with Mane, Bobby, Sturridge and Mo all on the pitch I feel it gives us the best chance of getting the maximum pts possible against bottom 13. Especially when you consider we have a new keeper with Fabinho and Naby protecting our back 4 - hopefully meaning those individual mistakes and cheap goals against the dross will be at the minimum.

I don't feel we need to now shoehorn him into our front line. Let's just leave it as is and when needed sub him in to bolster our attack. He'd be great as the striker in a 4-2-3-1 no doubt.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2018, 01:41:32 pm »
He's averaged 15.25 league games over the last 4 seasons and 4.25 goals in that time. If he's on 120 k pw and staying for another season he's got to be doing improving on that.  Here's to him staying fit and looking as sharp as he has in pre season.

He's better than Origi, Ings, Solanke. That's why he's staying. I'd much rather Sturridge was on the bench than any of those.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:17 pm »
He's better than Origi, Ings, Solanke. That's why he's staying. I'd much rather Sturridge was on the bench than any of those.
Absolutely, the only issue is his ability to be on the bench!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2018, 01:48:01 pm »

Don't think anyone disagrees with that, the problem comes in when he can't make the bench, which Solanke and Origi have been able to do multiple times.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:59 pm »
Don't think anyone disagrees with that, the problem comes in when he can't make the bench, which Solanke and Origi have been able to do multiple times.

That's why we'll keep Solanke and Sturridge I'd assume.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Big Sami Hyypiä

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2018, 01:55:50 pm »
Trying to keep expectations low so I don't get disappointed, but I would absolutely love just one more year of him playing close to his old level. The idea of playing him as a #10 is intriguing, better passer than I remember and an absolutely lethal shot.

So many of his goals are so damn disrespectful, I love it  :lmao

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2018, 01:57:27 pm »
That's why we'll keep Solanke and Sturridge I'd assume.

More than likely, although I think if Sturridge does stay fit, who knows maybe it happens this year, we'll see Solanke dropped and Shaquiri will take his place.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2018, 02:08:15 pm »

I dunno mate, I reckon you might find a fair few in accordance with that view. I agree with you completely - he's an insanely talented player, just such a shame his body has let him down time and time again. Reckon we'd have been a much better team post-Suarez had he just been able to stay injury free and keep that blistering pace. Even now the pace is mostly gone, his touch, ability to create space for a shot, the way he strikes the ball...beautiful, all of it.

Yeah, looks like I'm falling in love all over again. I probably shouldn't, as we all know how this story ends, it being just about the most well-trodden path possible, but I still believe he could be an important player for us. Very few players in the world I'd rather have on the bench than a fit and in form Sturridge, when a goal is needed.

Cheers for the compilation too, a great watch.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2018, 02:11:33 pm »

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:02 pm »
There's also the added benefit of Sturridge giving Brewster some finishing tips in training.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »

We will have Shaqiri on the bench. That’s an important difference. We won’t have to count on Sturridge, just make use of him when available.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2018, 02:16:01 pm »
I like him.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:21 pm »
Makes sense to take the same approach as last season. Keep him around for the first 6 months with the LC and CL group games coming thick and fast. If he keeps fit and is able to get some form then great if not then loan him out for the remainder of his contract in January and save some money on his wages.

Even if he plays well this year i still wouldn't offer him a new deal though.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2018, 02:28:13 pm »
Absolutely love the bones of Sturridge. There's no Liverpool player I enjoy watching more than him, when he's in full flow he's all grace and wit. Would be the best signing of the summer for me if he can play 20-25 games.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2018, 02:28:35 pm »
Makes sense to take the same approach as last season. Keep him around for the first 6 months with the LC and CL group games coming thick and fast. If he keeps fit and is able to get some form then great if not then loan him out for the remainder of his contract in January and save some money on his wages.

Even if he plays well this year i still wouldn't offer him a new deal though.

I think this season is almost certainly Daniel's final season with us. The hope is he signs off like Smicer.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2018, 02:31:03 pm »
Hopefully he has an amazing season and can somehow stay beyond that. Unrealistic, sure, but he's one of my favourites here.

If not, I'll accept him going to Milan, becoming a fashion icon and scoring hatfuls in a bad league.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:15:43 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:29 pm »
And they say romance is dead.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2018, 02:55:10 pm »

Any excuse to post this gem too...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KBe0sPwg1Ak" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KBe0sPwg1Ak</a>

he is just too good.

Fuck me, the prospects of an injury-free Daniel Sturridge are too much for me to bear. He's so insanely talented, the fact that he constantly gets injured breaks my heart. Please stay fit, Dan. I'm so ready to see you score again for Liverpool after the season properly starts.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2018, 03:09:44 pm »
Humongous D, back in action

Oh yeah, and Sturridge is back, too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »
There's also the added benefit of Sturridge giving Brewster some finishing tips in training.

This is a really good point, so many of the younger players see Sturridge as a 'big brother'/mentor type, I reckon Rhian would flourish with Daniel giving him tips all season.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2018, 03:18:41 pm »
This is a really good point, so many of the younger players see Sturridge as a 'big brother'/mentor type, I reckon Rhian would flourish with Daniel giving him tips all season.
Solanke could probably learn something too
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2018, 04:01:58 pm »
Daniel Sturridge > Goal Thief