Other
7 (2.1%)
I will spoil my vote
3 (0.9%)
I will not be voting
28 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Voting closed: May 31, 2017, 03:44:36 pm

Author Topic: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?  (Read 26205 times)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2017, 12:12:25 am »
because i doubt many will see it like that, more like theyre yellow tories
Yes but they will have to defend themselves for going into a coalition with the Torys, i think they have no choice but to argue we held the Torys hard right in check, it's also a pity people lost faith as we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2017, 12:52:15 am »
I'm in Vauxhall which is apparently the 10th strongest remain constituency in the country represented by Kate Hoey who was one of Labour's most fervent Brexiters. I'll be voting Lib Dem in the hope of a massive upset. Their vote collapsed last time round (behind the Greens!) but in 2010 they were 'only' 10,000 behind (compared to Richmond Park where Goldsmith's majority in 2015 was a little under 25k).

If the Lib Dems run a good campaign and keep the spotlight off some of Farron's more iffy religious beliefs I think they could do better than even Crosby's prediction of them winning back c.25 seats of the Tories.

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2017, 12:54:27 am »
because i doubt many will see it like that, more like theyre yellow tories

As above for lots of people Brexit is the big issue. On those terms it is Labour who are the 'Red Tories'

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2017, 12:54:30 am »
I'm in Vauxhall which is apparently the 10th strongest remain constituency in the country represented by Kate Hoey who was one of Labour's most fervent Brexiters. I'll be voting Lib Dem in the hope of a massive upset. Their vote collapsed last time round (behind the Greens!) but in 2010 they were 'only' 10,000 behind (compared to Richmond Park where Goldsmith's majority in 2015 was a little under 25k).

If the Lib Dems run a good campaign and keep the spotlight off some of Farron's more iffy religious beliefs I think they could do better than even Crosby's prediction of them winning back c.25 seats of the Tories.
Kate Hoey is one Labour MP I would love to see losing her seat.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:51:45 am by filopastry »

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2017, 06:21:34 am »
I'm voting Lib Dem, but I'm in the cotswolds. Don't really have an option of voting Labour around here.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:56 am »
Labour, because Im not giving up, even if....labour has.
Im in Ealing , which has been going back and forth between labour and the tories so every vote counts here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:14:28 am by The North Bank »

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2017, 08:09:04 am »
Labour. Holding my nose.

Yep. Same here.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2017, 08:19:58 am »
I haven't decided between Plaid Cymru, Labour and the Lib Dems yet.

I live in a Labour/Plaid marginal. I have a huge amount of respect for my Labour MP and have voted for him twice before. But despite campaigning for Remain, I don't feel he (or anyone in his party) has done enough to advocate for the country's future and to put the brakes on "hard Brexit". I will wait and see what sort of narrative develops from each party before making my decision. My gut-feeling right now is Plaid, but then it was the last time around and I got last-minute-jitters about the Tories and went Labour again.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:23 am »
It's a tough one.  My local Labour MP is a big Corbyn fan and is fervently anti-EU. Given that Luton leaned towards Leave, he's probably safe, though I don't really know what the overall view of the state of Labour is here. Traditionally the Tories have been second, with UKIP overtaking Lib Dems in the last few cycles.

I'm torn, because whilst the Lib Dems at the moment seem to be taking the lead on the platforms I agree with, I don't necessarily think that earns their candidate a vote. But I just don't think I can support a Labour candidate so at odds with where I feel the party, and the country itself, should be heading.

Maybe this is the year I fulfill the wishes of my 10 year old self and vote Monster Raving Loony... they surely wouldn't have bodged the last few years as badly as everyone else has!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:33 am »
I have no issue with someone voting unionist, but I don't understand how anyone can vote DUP. They're like a more right wing version of UKIP.
I voted UUP in 2015, the female candidate but she didn't win. England voters are lucky because you have a wide range of options.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:00 am »
Green Party

But until we get PR and a vote actually means something in the UK, there's not much point.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 10:14:14 am »
I'm in a rock-solid Tory constituency (more votes than all other parties combined :-\). Have always voted Labour, but Lib-Dems have been very active here and have a great chance of gaining wards in the local elections on 4th May (just 60 votes will swing it in my ward). As Brexit is by far the biggest issue for me (married to an EU national), I'll be switching to Lib Dems this time.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline itsaknockuyt

• Kemlynite
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
Tory/Lib Dem marginal of Southport so has to be Lib Dem (and will drag the missus out with me as well).

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2017, 12:39:45 pm »
Splitting the vote between labour and lib dems ensures a Tory win.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »
Not really sure. I currently live in Edinburgh so probably SNP, but I'm considering registering down where my Mum lives in Herefordshire as it tends to be a toss up between the Lib Dems and the Tory scum.

Unfortunately I can't see any result other than a Conservative whitewash, but I guess if we all think like that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. We really have regressed as a nation and all the racist tossers have come crawling out from under their rocks. It's depressing.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:56 pm »
So far 8.4% say they will spoil the vote or not vote at all.

Imagine if a party got that extra 8.4% share, the extra power and influence they would have.

Selfish and idiotic in it's entirety. If you don't vote, shut the fuck up until 2022.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2017, 01:27:25 pm »
Lib Dem. It's always between them and the Tories here.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 02:51:37 pm »
No doubt this will get me banned from RAWK for life but Conservative all the way. Will never ever ever vote for Corbyn and everything that he and his low-life colleagues stand for.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59:54 pm »
No doubt this will get me banned from RAWK for life but Conservative all the way. Will never ever ever vote for Corbyn and everything that he and his low-life colleagues stand for.

I'd imagine that would depend on whether you are suggesting all Labour MPs are lowlives, or if you're suggesting certain colleagues of Corbyn?

I'd probably try and elaborate on what you mean and why if I were you.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2017, 03:00:46 pm »
Doesn't really matter for me.  I'm in Steve Rotheram's seat.  After he wins the metro mayor election his seat would be up for grabs anyway, but as it's the safest seat in the country it's very unlikely to switch.  I've said it before but in Liverpool you could basically put a red rosette on a chicken and it would get elected. 

I might vote Labour, just so my Corbyn supporting friends can't level the accusation at me that I'm putting my hate for Corbyn above the good of the country - even though it's the huge numbers of swing voters he's failed to convince that is the problem, not people like me.  On the other hand I've been voting Green recently so I might stick with that.  (Although if I were the Greens I'd save my resources and simply ignore this seat.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »

Why?

Unless you live in Islington North, you have to separate a transient leader and the party.

I can understand disillusionment with the Labour party, but is that an excuse to go full Tory? The services in this country have been crippled in the last 2 years. They are going to get far worse if they Tories continue down this track. There are other parties.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2017, 03:29:46 pm »

A Tory has Mr Burns as his profile picture, fitting
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2017, 03:35:19 pm »

low life? after some of the things may done already? admire your honesty to be honest because your far from the only tory on here im certain of that.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »
Doesn't really matter for me.  I'm in Steve Rotheram's seat.  After he wins the metro mayor election his seat would be up for grabs anyway, but as it's the safest seat in the country it's very unlikely to switch.  I've said it before but in Liverpool you could basically put a red rosette on a chicken and it would get elected. 

I might vote Labour, just so my Corbyn supporting friends can't level the accusation at me that I'm putting my hate for Corbyn above the good of the country - even though it's the huge numbers of swing voters he's failed to convince that is the problem, not people like me.  On the other hand I've been voting Green recently so I might stick with that.  (Although if I were the Greens I'd save my resources and simply ignore this seat.)

We're getting Joe Anderson, don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2017, 03:46:04 pm »
We're getting Joe Anderson, don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Walton set to be transformed into the world's largest student accommodation facility
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:16 pm »
Why?

Unless you live in Islington North, you have to separate a transient leader and the party.

I can understand disillusionment with the Labour party, but is that an excuse to go full Tory? The services in this country have been crippled in the last 2 years. They are going to get far worse if they Tories continue down this track. There are other parties.

I live within M25 but not Islington. I've always been Tory, make no bones about it. Many match-going Reds that I know are similar, both born in the South and on Merseyside. Corbyn's handling of certain matters, in particular Ken Livingstone, the Chakrabarti enquiry into anti-semitism etc have been nothing short of a disgrace.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2017, 04:06:09 pm »
   low life? after some of the things may done already? admire your honesty to be honest because your far from the only tory on here im certain of that.

Thank you, and I'm sure of it too. And as I inferred above, I know many many decent Reds who are Tories. But we seem to be branded almost as bad as Mancs on the RAWK boards.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2017, 04:07:42 pm »
Thank you, and I'm sure of it too. And as I inferred above, I know many many decent Reds who are Tories. But we seem to be branded almost as bad as Mancs on the RAWK boards.

Worse, i'd say.

Give me an old school Manc over a Tory any day.

Out of interest, what do you think when the Kop sings about Thatcher dying?

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2017, 04:10:40 pm »
Worse, i'd say.

Give me an old school Manc over a Tory any day.

Out of interest, what do you think when the Kop sings about Thatcher dying?

I vote Tory but I'm not a member of the party just so you know. I know and understand the history of what/why the Kop sings about Maggie. I'm not really bothered by it in all honesty. Plenty of other songs to join in with.

But I fail to see how you'd potentially side with a fan of our biggest most hated rivals over a lifelong fan of our club who just happens to tick a different box on the ballot card.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:07 pm »
Also it's not possible to be a "decent red" and a Tory IMO. After all the things Tory governments have done, and continue to do, to merseyside over the decades. I can't see how somebody supporting such a government can be considered a Red.

It's just totally at odds to the city the club represents, the fanbase that follows the club and the man who built the modern Liverpool in Bill Shankly. When I was in school, Tory was considered an insult to throw at somebody

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »

But I fail to see how you'd potentially side with a fan of our biggest most hated rivals over a lifelong fan of our club who just happens to tick a different box on the ballot card.

Well there's evidently a lot you don't get about Liverpool so that's hardly surprising!!

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »
I vote Tory but I'm not a member of the party just so you know. I know and understand the history of what/why the Kop sings about Maggie. I'm not really bothered by it in all honesty. Plenty of other songs to join in with.

Because some things are more important than football.

I'll happily side with somebody from Manchester who believes in a fairer society, the NHS, helping the poor than somebody who believes in right wing politics that have ravaged Merseyside just because they chose to support the same team as me.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »

Mancs, as a group, tend not to fuck my life and prospects, and those of the ones I love.

It's just totally at odds to the city the club represents, the fanbase that follows the club and the man who built the modern Liverpool in Bill Shankly. When I was in school, Tory was considered an insult to throw at somebody

And so it shall remain, in decent places.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2017, 04:34:35 pm »
To be honest mate 'lowlife' is one of the things you can't throw at Labour if you're supporting a party with a history of nonce-sympathising.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »
Can't compute, you literally support the party of Ian Duncan Smith and have cheek claim moral high ground on anything?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2017, 04:37:27 pm »
Also it's not possible to be a "decent red" and a Tory IMO. After all the things Tory governments have done, and continue to do, to merseyside over the decades. I can't see how somebody supporting such a government can be considered a Red.

Hear hear. Agree completely.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2017, 04:41:35 pm »
I know and understand the history of what/why the Kop sings about Maggie.

And yet you still fucking vote for them.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »
Can't compute, you literally support the party of Ian Duncan Smith and have cheek claim moral high ground on anything?

You claimed to support Bernie Sanders but then said you are happy to have Donald Trump as President and have the cheek to claim moral high ground on anything?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:14 pm »
You claimed to support Bernie Sanders but then said you are happy to have Donald Drumpf as President and have the cheek to claim moral high ground on anything?
quote me where I said I was happy, between Trump and Hilary I'd choose Trump
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 04:54:23 pm »

Low-Life?

What's more Low-Life than the party that helped cover up the truth of the darkest moment in our club's history, not to mention wanted to bring about the managed decline of the city.

Have a look in the mirror.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt