Author Topic: The Racist Russian Fanciers Party  (Read 291363 times)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 03:13:18 pm »
The UKIP Shipping Forecast is currently issuing a severe weather warning with hurricanes expected around Dogger
After the storm in a Tea-cup he had on Twitter "The Man" just can't catch a break.  :)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 10:21:24 pm »
...and Frottage seems to be in a bit of bother!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4063573.ece (£)

Frottage faces investigation into ‘missing’ EU expenses

Nigel Frottage faces an expenses investigation into almost £60,000 of “missing” European Union funds paid into his personal bank account.

The Ukip leader has received £15,500 a year from the EU since at least 2009 to pay for the upkeep of his constituency office, a small converted grain store near Bognor Regis, according to transparency reports filed on the party’s website.

However the grain store was given rent-free to Mr Frottage by UKIP supporters 15 years ago.  Utilities and other non-rental costs amount to no more than £3,000 a year, according to the former office manager, leaving about £12,000 a year...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 09:00:26 am »
I'm sure the money is just resting in his account.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:41 am »
http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/04/hypocrite-Frottage-admitted-we-trousered-eu-expenses-to-fund-ukip/

Frottage seems to think it okay to mis-use expenses from the EU parliament and actually joked about it last week on HIGNFY.

He uses the line of "I'm not as corrupt as them, so I'm okay"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7XhrSpz7I

(sorry I'm too thick to embed)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:13:28 pm by viteslesrouges »
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »
UKIP's new poster campaign has hit the headlines today.

They really are the political wing of Ron Atkinson.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 01:28:49 pm »

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »
his.....

Nigel Frottage speaking in Sheffield today :"David Moyes got Manchester out of Europe. Maybe he'll join UKIP. And no, our posters definitely aren't racist."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:20:50 pm by viteslesrouges »

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 10:44:16 pm »
UKIP's new poster campaign has hit the headlines today.

They really are the political wing of Ron Atkinson.

Nicely funded by a £1.5 million donation from one man. Democracy in action.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »
Nicely funded by a £1.5 million donation from one man. Democracy in action.
It's not as if UKIP are alone, to be fair.

The way the media are carrying on, you'd think UKIP were the only odious party in Britain. 

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/04/ukip-staffer-poses-as-regular-voter-in-party-manifesto/

"UKIP staffer poses as regular voter in party manifesto
An assistant to Nigel Frottage is pictured in the party’s new manifesto posing as a regular voter, without mentioning she’s a paid UKIP staffer.

A big picture of Lizzy Vaid features on page five of the party’s new European election manifesto – naming her as “Lizzy Vaid, Devon” – alongside a quote which reads:

“I’ll be voting UKIP because they’re the only party listening to what people want”

But the new face of UKIP isn’t so much a regular UKIP voter as the party’s events manager and an assistant to Nigel Frottage, based in the party’s Mayfair office.

Sources tell Scrapbook she also appeared in literature during the Wythenshawe and Sale East by-election without reference to her job – and she’s due to appear in UKIP’s next party election broadcast.

Can UKIP not find a single real, grassroots voter to appear in their literature?"

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:08 am »
They're more of an electoral front than an actual party. Beyond Frottage himself, a handful of his lunatic underlings, and hundreds of paper candidates, as opposed to proper active members, there's cock all. Which makes it all the more frustrating considering the amount of air time and column inches he/they/it gets.

It's not as if UKIP are alone, to be fair.

The way the media are carrying on, you'd think UKIP were the only odious party in Britain. 

They're supposed to be above all that though, the voice of the disenfranchised, the clean, robust, traditionalist alternative to dirty modern politics.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:07 am »

They're supposed to be above all that though, the voice of the disenfranchised, the clean, robust, traditionalist alternative to dirty modern politics.
Ah, fair enough, point taken  :)

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2014, 10:37:47 am »
These people really believe all publicity is good publicity.

Ukip aide calls police over explicit photos
Assistant to Nigel Frottage who posed as 'voter' in Ukip's promotional posters calls police after explicit photos of her are given to national newspaper

By Miranda Prynne, News Reporter
8:56AM BST 24 Apr 2014

A Ukip aide who faced criticism after appearing in the party’s publicity posters posing as a ‘voter’ called in police after intimate sexual images of her were given to a newspaper.

Lizzy Vaid appeared in the full-page advert as an ordinary voter from Devon telling readers: “I’ll be voting Ukip because they’re the only party listening to what people want.”

But earlier this week it emerged she actually works full-time for the party as an events manager and assistant to Nigel Frottage.

Now Miss Vaid has found herself embroiled in a new scandal after photographs of her engaging in “lewd acts” were passed to the s*n.

When approached by the newspaper – which chose not to reproduce the images claiming they were too graphic - the 27-year-old called the police.

She is believed to have blamed an ex-boyfriend for leaking the photos, taken when she was 20.
The Met Police confirmed they were investigating whether any crime had taken place.

Miss Vaid’s Twitter account, which has been closed down, described her as “Ukip Events Manager and Assistant to Nigel Frottage, as well as a lover of social occasions.”

Earlier this month she defended her Ukip’s immigration policies and denied the party was racist, tweeting: “I am half Indian, I work for and support @UKIP policies. I am not a racist. Our immigration policy is about SPACE and NOT race!”

Mr Frottage dismissed criticism over “racist” posters as he launched Ukip’s campaign for the European Parliament elections on May 22 in Sheffield last Tuesday.

The controversial £1.5million poster campaign urges voters: “Take back control of our country.”
The party’s 2014 Ukip manifesto declares: “We want our country back. Don’t you?”

A Ukip spokesman described the explicit photos of Miss Vaid as a “personal matter”.
“It is not a matter for the party,” he added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10784247/Ukip-aide-calls-police-over-explicit-photos.html
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 12:09:57 am »
Star of Ukip advert suspended for calling Miliband 'not British', attacking 'evil' Islam and saying Africans should 'kill themselves'
Andre Lampitt posed in a builder's hat in party political broadcast
But Ukip seemed unaware of a series of shocking comments on Twitter
The Zimbabwean also branded the Prophet Mohammed a paedophile
Ukip announces it has suspended his membership pending investigation
By MATT CHORLEY, MAILONLINE POLITICAL EDITOR

A star of a new advert for the UK Independence Party was suspended tonight for expressing ‘repellent’ racist and anti-Islamic views on social media.
Zimbabwean decorator Andre Lampitt posed in a builder's hard hat to complain that ‘lads from Eastern Europe’ were undercutting him.
But in a string of shocking posts on Twitter, the Ukip member claimed Ed Miliband is ‘not British’, condemned Islam as ‘evil’, branded the Prophet Mohammed a paedophile and said he wanted Africans to ‘kill themselves off’.

It is a devastating blow for Ukip after repeated attempts to improve the party’s image and prevent a repeat of last year’s local election campaign which was dominated by controversy about the outburst and behaviour of candidates.
The row overshadowed a day of campaigning by Ukip leader Nigel Frottage in Knutsford, Cheshire.
Mr Lampitt should have undergone background checks before appearing in the flagship party political broadcast to coincide with the launch of Ukip’s £1.5million anti-immigration campaign.

But on his Twitter account – which has since been deleted – he described the Islam as ‘an evil organisation respecting a prophet who was a pedo’.
Attacking the Labour leader, he added: ‘Miliband is not a real Brit. I hope he never gets to be PM! He was only born here.’
He said Mr Miliband, the son of a Polish refugee, was ‘Polish and not British’.
He also wrote that ‘Most Nigerians are generally bad people’ and added: ‘I was born and grew up in Africa. Please leave Africa for the Africans. Let them kill themselves off.’

Almost 24 hours after the Ukip advert aired, the party became aware of the Twitter posts and suspended Mr Lampitt.
A Ukip spokesman said: ‘We are deeply shocked that Mr Lampitt has expressed such repellent views.
‘His membership of the party has been suspended immediately pending a full disciplinary process.’
The party said it is aware of at least six posts expressing ‘various extreme racist views’ including anti-Islamic sentiments.
Labour's Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper described Mr Lampitt's tweets as nasty and divisive.
She tweeted: 'Appalling tweets from Ukip member chosen to front campaign. Ukip shld reflect v carefully on the way they encourage nasty divisive views.'
Lib Dem president Tim Farron tweeted a link to an article about Mr Lampitt's remarks, adding: 'We must make a stand against the politics of hate .'
Mr Frottage has been forced to defend the party's latest European elections poster campaign earlier - denying critics' claims that hard-hitting anti-immigration messages were racist.
Mr Frottage has pledged to root out individuals guilty of ‘real extremism and nastiness’ in the party - which is coming under intense scrutiny ahead of the May 22 elections where it is tipped to top the national poll.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2612361/Star-Ukip-advert-suspended-calling-Miliband-not-British-attacking-evil-Islam-saying-Africans-kill-themselves.html#ixzz2zqe3k3pH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know that they've got the main stream parties running scared over the Euro elections but they make it easy with shit like this don't they?

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 08:56:13 am »
What's even more irritating is somehow being dragged into reading the Daily Heil readers' comments following the article. :no

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 10:27:25 am »
Ukip posters: This is what happens when anti-immigration party tries to infiltrate south London (warning - expect bad language)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-posters-this-is-what-happens-when-antiimmigration-party-tries-to-infiltrate-south-london-warning--expect-bad-language-9281520.html

;D

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 11:06:33 am »
https://twitter.com/TheRealMcGowan/status/459474661466963968/photo/1

"'British Worker' on UKIP posters is none other than IRISH actor David O'Rourke

UKIP = The gift that keeps on giving!"

Oh you(KIP)
My Twitter

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 11:23:12 am »
Why is no one hastening Ukip's demise?

Andre Lampitt is the latest scandal that Ukip will shake off thanks to a toothless political class and media. We're lucky the party is destined to one day unravel

Hugh Muir 
theguardian.com, Friday 25 April 2014 10.46 BST   

There will come a time, one calmer than this, when we look back at the phenomenon that was Ukip and wonder how it was allowed to happen. That assumes that the storm will abate, and I believe that to be true. Nigel Frottage and his merry band will do well in the European elections. The juggernaut will roll on for a while. But it is not well stocked with diesel.

A party cannot survive as a potent force without an infrastructure. Ukip has no infrastructure. It cannot survive without funding. Ukip's funding is shaky.

It is defined by what it is not, rather than by what it is; that itself imposes limits. And then there is the issue of Frottage, its charismatic leader. To the public at large, he is Ukip. Thus the lynchpin is one who smokes incessantly, loves a drink and drives thousands of perilous miles to keep the bandwagon rolling. Not so much a political party as a tightrope walk. Hostage to so many imponderables.

Yet right now it is a force, and in the light of a brand new scandal – the unmasking of celebrated member Andre Lampitt, who dismissed Ed Miliband as "a Pole", said Enoch Powell was right, Islam was Satanic and that Africans should be left to "kill themselves" – one might wonder how that has happened.

The media will point to politics, and politics will point to the media. But we'll both have to ponder what has been a failure to sufficiently challenge both Ukip's message and its methods. It has invaded the body politic because it has been allowed to.

It has taken too long to confront the message. Few serious analysts or commentators envisage a future outside the EU. The giant trading blocks with which we must do business say this is best done within the European context. The Americans say trade and defence and so many matters geopolitical make more sense with Britain at the heart of the European project. But prior to Nick Clegg's positive championing of Europe in his recent debates with Frottage, no leader had sought to expose the vacuity of Frottage's easy answers to the complex questions of globalisation and migration.

Clegg was widely judged to have lost those debates, but that said more about the banal level at which this debate is conducted than anything else. Years of Tory infighting over Europe, years of cross-party and media failure to properly explain our lives in a European and global context ensured the debate could not rise above the banal. Banal is where Ukip feels most comfortable.

It has taken too long to confront their methods. Which other party seeking mainstream votes would be allowed to simply laugh off association with extreme rightwingers, racists and anti-semites? Those with whom Frottage beds down in Europe. Which other party would be able to evade real responsibility for its representatives? Think David Silvester, the Ukip councillor who attributed the winter floods to gay marriage. Lampitt – who starred in the party's broadcast for the European elections – gave us the second scandal of the week. Another who appeared in the broadcast, depicted as an ordinary voter, had already been unmasked as a party administrator.

Consider the poster campaign, with its central claim – that 26 million Europeans actively seek jobs in Britain – rooted in falsehood. Without the exemption from the advertising code of conduct that is enjoyed by political adverts, the party would have been forced to withdraw it. We rely on politicians to observe ethical codes of honour as to advertise fact, and to argue amongst themselves about interpretation. But with an eye on the main chance, ethics and honour mean little to Ukip.

The party thrives in a swamp created by others, but that swamp has now become so thick and fetid that we cannot quickly drain it. We cannot raise the alarm with any degree of success, even when the party misleads or offends common decency, because both politics and the media lack the credibility to be listened to by the public.

Ukip will have its day, and then it will unravel. But this illustrates the danger of a media and political class becoming so estranged from the public, that with calamity on the horizon and hucksters on the prowl, they cannot get a hearing. We should care. The next creature from the swamp might not fall under its own weight.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/25/ukip-unravel-political-andre-lampitt

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »
Ukip posters: This is what happens when anti-immigration party tries to infiltrate south London (warning - expect bad language)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-posters-this-is-what-happens-when-antiimmigration-party-tries-to-infiltrate-south-london-warning--expect-bad-language-9281520.html

;D
F*cking amateur's, a moving target is less likely to be vandalised...They should of used Transit Vans like the Tories did.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »
Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking all our... no, wait...

My Twitter

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:06 am »
27 April 2014 Last updated at 02:04

A UKIP candidate has defended tweets in which he said comedian Lenny Henry should emigrate to a "black country" and compared Islam to the Third Reich.

William Henwood, who is standing in a council election, said he did not think the messages were offensive.

He tweeted after Henry said there should be more black and ethnic minority people in creative industries.

UKIP said it was a "non-racist, non-sectarian party whose members are expected to uphold these values".

Mr Henwood told BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins: "I think if black people come to this country and don't like mixing with white people why are they here? If he (Henry) wants a lot of blacks around go and live in a black country."

On another occasion Mr Henwood tweeted: "Islam reminds me of the 3rd Reich Strength through violence against the citizens."

Mr Henwood, who is standing in next month's local council elections in Enfield, north London, later declined to be interviewed on camera.

Roger Helmer, a UKIP MEP for the East Midlands who is standing for re-election, said Mr Henwood's comments did not represent his party and were only being reported because of a campaign against it.

Mr Helmer told the BBC: "We have an individual who has made totally unacceptable comments but you will find individuals like that in all parties, and behaviour like that in all parties.

"I understand why the media and the other parties want to focus on those particular claims about UKIP.

"We will deal with this appropriately when the party has had time to look at the facts and in the meantime we are quite clear that we are not a racist party and we do not accept comments of that kind."

'Duly investigated'

A UKIP spokesman said: "Any breach of our rules will be duly investigated and action will be taken.

"However one has to question why the other parties are spending hours behaving like secret police and trawling through the social media of UKIP candidates who are everyday men and women, rather than actually doing politics.

UKIP member Two Sunday newspapers suggest UKIP is currently leading the polls ahead of May's Euro election
"Perhaps if they did they would be better able to tackle us on policy, rather than having to rely on smear campaigns to try to undermine UKIP's increasing popularity.

"Were we to return the favour we would find an even greater wealth of embarrassment and disgrace in the other three parties' ranks to also spread across the media."

In the past week UKIP has been attacked by its political opponents for featuring an Irish actor on an election poster about British workers losing out to foreign labour.

And the party has also suspended a council candidate in south London for sharing "repellent" opinions on Twitter.

Builder Andre Lampitt, who featured in a party election broadcast, reportedly tweeted criticism of Islam and Nigerians.

Despite the attacks, a poll for a Sunday paper suggested UKIP was in the lead in the European election contest despite a week of controversies, including criticism of its campaigning and comments by activists.

The party recorded 31% support in the YouGov survey for the Sunday Times, three points ahead of Labour with the Conservatives third on 19%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27176803

Sadly, it doesn't matter how heinous, despicable and revolting the comments from this lot continue to infest us. The more disgusting they are the higher their appreciation amongst a sizeable number of voters.

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2014, 11:27:22 am »
27 April 2014 Last updated at 02:04

A UKIP candidate has defended tweets in which he said comedian Lenny Henry should emigrate to a "black country" and compared Islam to the Third Reich.

William Henwood, who is standing in a council election, said he did not think the messages were offensive.

He tweeted after Henry said there should be more black and ethnic minority people in creative industries.

UKIP said it was a "non-racist, non-sectarian party whose members are expected to uphold these values".

Mr Henwood told BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins: "I think if black people come to this country and don't like mixing with white people why are they here? If he (Henry) wants a lot of blacks around go and live in a black country."

On another occasion Mr Henwood tweeted: "Islam reminds me of the 3rd Reich Strength through violence against the citizens."

Mr Henwood, who is standing in next month's local council elections in Enfield, north London, later declined to be interviewed on camera.

Roger Helmer, a UKIP MEP for the East Midlands who is standing for re-election, said Mr Henwood's comments did not represent his party and were only being reported because of a campaign against it.

Mr Helmer told the BBC: "We have an individual who has made totally unacceptable comments but you will find individuals like that in all parties, and behaviour like that in all parties.

"I understand why the media and the other parties want to focus on those particular claims about UKIP.

"We will deal with this appropriately when the party has had time to look at the facts and in the meantime we are quite clear that we are not a racist party and we do not accept comments of that kind."

'Duly investigated'

A UKIP spokesman said: "Any breach of our rules will be duly investigated and action will be taken.

"However one has to question why the other parties are spending hours behaving like secret police and trawling through the social media of UKIP candidates who are everyday men and women, rather than actually doing politics.

UKIP member Two Sunday newspapers suggest UKIP is currently leading the polls ahead of May's Euro election
"Perhaps if they did they would be better able to tackle us on policy, rather than having to rely on smear campaigns to try to undermine UKIP's increasing popularity.

"Were we to return the favour we would find an even greater wealth of embarrassment and disgrace in the other three parties' ranks to also spread across the media."

In the past week UKIP has been attacked by its political opponents for featuring an Irish actor on an election poster about British workers losing out to foreign labour.

And the party has also suspended a council candidate in south London for sharing "repellent" opinions on Twitter.

Builder Andre Lampitt, who featured in a party election broadcast, reportedly tweeted criticism of Islam and Nigerians.

Despite the attacks, a poll for a Sunday paper suggested UKIP was in the lead in the European election contest despite a week of controversies, including criticism of its campaigning and comments by activists.

The party recorded 31% support in the YouGov survey for the Sunday Times, three points ahead of Labour with the Conservatives third on 19%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27176803

Sadly, it doesn't matter how heinous, despicable and revolting the comments from this lot continue to infest us. The more disgusting they are the higher their appreciation amongst a sizeable number of voters.

Isn't Lenny Henry already from the black country?

Thick as well as racist. Should be Ukip's slogan.
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2014, 11:34:20 am »
Like someone said the other day that I heard, The Green Party actually have someone in parliament, they have real policies and yet they get no airtime or coverage.
Caroline Lucas occasionally gets on Question Time but it seems some UKIP bellend is on QT every week.

UKIP are really showing their true faces over the past few months and Frottage is is trying like mad to put out fires all over the place.

It's obscene how much airtime they get .
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:39 am »
Like someone said the other day that I heard, The Green Party actually have someone in parliament, they have real policies and yet they get no airtime or coverage.
Caroline Lucas occasionally gets on Question Time but it seems some UKIP bellend is on QT every week.

UKIP are really showing their true faces over the past few months and Frottage is is trying like mad to put out fires all over the place.

Totally - Makes my blood boil
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »

UKIP are the only way we will avoid a Tory government at the next election..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2014, 12:42:06 pm »
Isn't Lenny Henry already from the black country?

Thick as well as racist. Should be Ukip's slogan.
:)

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:32 pm »
Stand with Lenny Henry, not just against Ukip's bigots

It is easy to get angry over racism when it is overt, but let's not forget the scandal that gave rise to the Henwood outburst

Owen Jones   
The Guardian, Sunday 27 April 2014 19.00 BST   

Lenny Henry has launched a petition lobbying Ed Vaizey to ringfence money for minority productions and programmes.

It's becoming a national sport: yet another racist Ukip crank publicly vomits out their prejudice and we all parade our disapproval. Twitter hashtags are devised; internet memes are created; the offender is spammed with outraged messages. It's difficult not to be reassured by the backlash – despite Ukip's audacious attempt to inject fear and prejudice into the heart of political life, racism is still confronted in modern Britain. But it is relatively easy to take a stand against overt racism; only outright bigots will quibble with you. The danger comes if we are just patting ourselves on our backs as a means of self-congratulation, flaunting our credentials as decent human beings and failing to tackle the more subtle, pernicious forms of racism that scar our society.

The latest Ukipper to drag their knuckles over social media is William Henwood, a Ukip council candidate in north London, who made the fatal mistake of combining racism with an attack on a well-liked figure. If Lenny Henry, suggested this bigot of the moment, "wants a load of blacks around, go and live in a black country". Condemnation has rained down from cabinet ministers and the Twitterati alike, and quite rightly so. But there has been significantly less coverage of the issue that triggered Henwood's outburst in the first place: a scandal over race that Henry has been energetically attempting to force on to the agenda.

Last month, Dudley's favourite son delivered the annual Bafta Television Lecture. The television industry, he pointed out, is woefully unrepresentative of British society. While black and minority ethnic Britons make up 14.5% of the population, representation in the industry had shrunk from 7.4% in 2009 to 5.5% in 2012. The TV Collective – a membership organisation championing diversity among creative media – has launched a video about shared ethnic minority experiences. "You're not like other black people," one was told; "you're not right for the lead, but it'd be good to keep you in for colour," was another experience. How depressing that – more than 13 years after the BBC's then director general Greg Dyke assailed the corporation for being "hideously white" – we're actually going backwards.

A confession: it wasn't an issue I'd chewed over much myself until I took part in a panel discussion at Bafta's grand London headquarters last month. No offence to Bafta, but I expected a pretty tame event followed by a free glass of red wine before we all went on our merry ways. Instead, I experienced a full-scale revolt from a furious audience of actors, producers, script writers and other industry professionals. Why was there so much chatter about diversity, the audience demanded of the panel, yet so little action? Experiences of being sidelined were shared; one actor expressed her dismay at being typecast as "angry black woman" for the past 20 years.

Take Carlton Dixon, an in-house producer in comedy and entertainment at the BBC for 14 years. He recalls being the only black producer in the department for his entire time at the BBC. Invariably, black writers would only be matched up with black presenters and actors, depriving them of work in a largely white industry. When surveys suggesting a surge in non-white workers led to temporary outbreaks of self-congratulation, embarrassed silences would follow when someone pointed out it was down to an increase in canteen staff and cleaners. "We may be black but we're British, just like our white counterparts," he says. "But we're seen as colour first, that we just happen to be British."

Dixon is keen to point out that the worst offender is by no means the BBC, a corporation he happens to love working with. He recalls going freelance and approaching a company for a joint venture. "What black ideas have you got?" they asked him, suggesting that his "best chance is to give us black things".

Then there's the freelance editor with a distinctive African name who was told by a post-production supervisor at one independent company that her CV was taken out of a shortlist of four and not even read. She tells me of commissioners describing stories involving minorities as "niche", and being dropped as a result. No wonder so many of our talented black actors have had to flee across the Atlantic in search of work. "A lot of black British actors feel there's a lack of opportunities in the UK," as actor Colin McFarlane put it a few years ago.

Whenever this issue is raised, it is met with a chorus of "surely the best people should be selected for the job". But that is exactly the cry of ethnic minority creative types. The whole point is that prejudice is a form of selection, filtering out those who don't fit in with an overwhelmingly middle-class white milieu.

It matters because TV sets so much of our cultural agenda; it helps us paint a portrait of how we see our country. We should all be able to see people like us on our screens, who go through experiences we can identify with. But it is also enriching for viewers of all backgrounds to see a wide range of lives and stories, including those far removed from our own experiences. If TV is dominated by a nearly homogenous elite, we end up with crude, stereotypical and negative portrayals of minorities, narrowing our horizons and fuelling prejudice.

Little wonder there is growing impatience at periodic bouts of self-flagellation over diversity by the TV elite, followed by all too little action. Lenny Henry has launched a petition lobbying Ed Vaizey, the secretary of state for culture, media and sport, to ringfence money for ethnic minority productions and programmes (as is the case for British regions) on UK TV channels. The scandalously widespread dependence on unpaid internships must surely end, too: they filter out those without well-off parents, and favour those who have the financial means to work for free. The recently established Creative Diversity Network has provided 150 paid internships for ethnic minorities in the creative sector since April 2012, and good on them. We need more paid scholarships, too, not least given TV is increasingly recruiting those who had the money to pay for expensive postgraduate courses.

Of course this scandal of underrepresentation is not limited to TV. Just 27 of our 650 MPs come from minority backgrounds; only one in 16 top company board members; and there are indefensibly few high-profile minority journalists. Yes, all this will be harder to tackle than simply tweeting our revulsion at the outright racism of Ukip's grassroots. But when minority voices speak out and demand change, all of us – whatever our backgrounds – should listen, and act.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/27/lenny-henry-ukip-bigots-racism

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2014, 12:57:06 am »
UKIP have occupied that rare political space where 'all publicity is good publicity'. Despite all the negative stories, their poll ratings are going up and up.

Taking the piss out of them from a smug, morally superior standpoint doesn't work. It actually backfires, because they're appealing to people (especially Labour people) who feel their concerns about certain issues - particularly jobs, housing and immigration - have been ignored and dismissed by a sneering, Guardian-reading liberal-left elite.

And using the odd councillor's remarks as a stick to beat them with won't work, because all parties have their local oddballs and dickheads, as the voters know only too well. I give you....

Labour council candidate cheats council tax: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/revealed-labour-candidate-harrow-council-7033295

Lib Dem councillor guilty of racially aggravated assault: http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/11117107.Disgraced_Sutton_racial_assault_councillor_fails_to_show_up_to_public_meeting/?ref=nt

Tory councillor says 'lie back and enjoy rape'
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/12/tory-councillor-refuses-to-resign-after-saying-when-rape-is-inevitable-lie-back-and-enjoy-it-4697204/

Engage with the issues that Farrage is raising, and you'll finish him. Focus on individual idiot councillors and you'll just keep him and his party supplied with the oxygen they crave.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:01:06 am by BUSHMILLS »

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2014, 07:56:36 am »
UKIP have occupied that rare political space where 'all publicity is good publicity'. Despite all the negative stories, their poll ratings are going up and up.

Taking the piss out of them from a smug, morally superior standpoint doesn't work. It actually backfires, because they're appealing to people (especially Labour people) who feel their concerns about certain issues - particularly jobs, housing and immigration - have been ignored and dismissed by a sneering, Guardian-reading liberal-left elite.

And using the odd councillor's remarks as a stick to beat them with won't work, because all parties have their local oddballs and dickheads, as the voters know only too well. I give you....

Labour council candidate cheats council tax: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/revealed-labour-candidate-harrow-council-7033295

Lib Dem councillor guilty of racially aggravated assault: http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/11117107.Disgraced_Sutton_racial_assault_councillor_fails_to_show_up_to_public_meeting/?ref=nt

Tory councillor says 'lie back and enjoy rape'
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/12/tory-councillor-refuses-to-resign-after-saying-when-rape-is-inevitable-lie-back-and-enjoy-it-4697204/

Engage with the issues that Farrage is raising, and you'll finish him. Focus on individual idiot councillors and you'll just keep him and his party supplied with the oxygen they crave.

I disagree with that and find it insulting, the figures I saw at the weekend from a Euro-election poll showed that the UKIP share had risen by about the same that the Tory had dropped, Labour had remained about the same.

So by your logic, disenchanted Labour voters attracted by their headlines move to UKIP and disenchanted Tories move to Labour in a big circle.

I think that the increase in UKIP is mainly down to Tories who are shifting to the right, if UKIP establish a power base sufficiently strong to compete at Westminster elections Frottage will be pushed aside and replaced by more a recognisable Tory.

If there is a  real struggle in this country it is between the Political Class and the Workers & Middle.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2014, 09:54:50 am »
I disagree with that and find it insulting, the figures I saw at the weekend from a Euro-election poll showed that the UKIP share had risen by about the same that the Tory had dropped, Labour had remained about the same.

So by your logic, disenchanted Labour voters attracted by their headlines move to UKIP and disenchanted Tories move to Labour in a big circle.

I think that the increase in UKIP is mainly down to Tories who are shifting to the right, if UKIP establish a power base sufficiently strong to compete at Westminster elections Frottage will be pushed aside and replaced by more a recognisable Tory.

If there is a  real struggle in this country it is between the Political Class and the Workers & Middle.

Disagree by all means but why on earth would you find it "insulting"?

Read last weekend's YouGov poll which showed that as many as 17% of those who voted Labour in the 2010 general election (excluding don’t knows and non-voters) intend to vote UKIP in next month's Euro elections. The poll puts UKIP in the lead over Labour for the Euro elections - by 31% to 28%.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »
The storms, fair enough, but the flooding? That's just bad local planning decisions, placing residential properties in flood zones.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2014, 07:24:57 pm »
Just been called small minded for saying UKIP are racist.  I'm surprised that level of irony didn't just break the internet.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
Well done Bath!

Beer-loving Nigel Frottage KICKED OUT of pub by landlord during launch of UKIP's European elections campaign
•   Apr 29, 2014 16:08
•   By Anthony Bond

The beer-loving politician - who is regularly pictured holding a pint - was asked to leave the Bell Inn in Bath.

Nigel Frottage was KICKED OUT of a PUB today after choosing the venue for a launch of UKIP's European elections campaign.

The beer-loving politician - who is regularly pictured holding a pint - was asked to leave the Bell Inn in Bath.

After turning up at the the boozer with his entourage, and a BBC film crew, Mr Frottage was told it was 'inappropriate' to be there.

The venue was apparently chosen by a local trader as a way of promoting independent shops in the city's Walcot Street.

On the pub's Facebook page, manager Jamie Matthews wrote: "Just had UKIP leader Nigel Frottage and his be-suited henchmen in the pub with a BBC News film crew.

"Avoiding any actual political argument, I told him that he was welcome as a citizen to have a pint - we are, after all, a public house - but it was inappropriate for him to be using our premises for his hustings. I asked the camera man to stop filming.

"Most of the entourage then finished or left their drinks and went outside. They may have continued filming outside, I don't know, but that is the public highway and they have every right to.

Mr Frottage was told it was 'inappropriate' to be campaigning at The Bell Inn in Bath. "Martin Tracy of The Framing Workshop said he'd brought them in as he thought it would help raise the profile of Walcot Street. He had the decency to apologise when he realised how inapt that was." :lmao

Mr Tracy, who represents Walcot Street's traders, said this afternoon: "I don't align myself with any political party; I never have.
"He arrived early and everybody knows he likes a beer, so I thought it would be a great way to get Walcot Street some publicity and show off the Bell as a great example of a community coming together.

"We walked up the road and I introduced him to some of the small businesses, who chatted to him about the problems they are having.
"Then we went to the pub, where the staff  were fine but Jamie said it was not appropriate."
The Bell - a favourite with Bath musicians - was saved from closure after residents and regulars raised £600,000 after its owners put the site up for sale.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bath-bell-inn-nigel-Frottage-3474482#ixzz30MeSvRT4
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:39:05 am by HarryLabrador »

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2014, 11:42:51 am »
Nigel Frottage announces he will not stand in Newark byelection
Ukip leader says standing for election in seat vacated by Patrick Mercer would be a distraction as European elections approach

•   Wednesday 30 April 2014 09.06 BST

Nigel Frottage: 'I have no real connections with Newark. I would look like an opportunist and reinforce the impression that Ukip is a one-man band.'

Nigel Frottage, the Ukip leader, has announced he will not stand in the Newark byelection, saying his candidature would be a distraction, and insisting his decision did not show he was "frit", a phrase used by Lady Thatcher in the 90s.

He said: "We are just three weeks away from European elections, where Ukip I think can cause a political earthquake."

"I want to focus the next three weeks on winning the European elections."

The byelection has been caused by the resignation of Conservative MP Patrick Mercer, who faces a six-month ban from parliament over a cash-for-questions scandal.

Frottage said if he stood it would be a massive distraction. He said: "I have no real connections with Newark. I would look like an opportunist and reinforce the impression that Ukip is a one-man band; we are trying to talk about British membership of the European Union."

Faced by the charge that he had showed political cowardice, he said: "I think I can be accused of many things in life but I do not think 'frit' is one of them. I am a fighter and a warrior but I am determined to pick my battles."

He promised Ukip would throw the kitchen sink at the byelection and field a strong local candidate.
"There is a much bigger prize than Newark, including the general election when we can win not one seat but many seats even holding the balance of power."

Frottage had told BBC reporters before announcing his decision that if Ukip won the seat David Cameron would have to resign, but also conceded that if he lost his bubble would burst.

It appears he looked overnight at the prospect of winning a seat in which Ukip came fourth in the 2010 general election and decided he could not risk defeat.

However, he told BBC News he did not rule out standing in a byelection before the general election.
Ken Clarke, the cabinet minister and an MP in Nottinghamshire, reacted to Frottage's announcement by saying: "He is not an idiot; he did not have the faintest chance of winning Newark. I don't think Ukip will get anywhere in the byelection. What on earth would Ukip contribute to the representation of Newark on Trent?"
He said that Ukip supporters were not racist but that the party, "does encourage bigotry and prejudice - what they're really peddling is a total nonsense".

Frottage said that he had had to make a rapid decision.

"It was only 12 hours ago that Patrick Mercer stood down so I haven't had long to think about it, but I have thought about it and we're just over three weeks away from a European election at which I think Ukip can cause an earthquake in British politics, from which we can go on and not just win one parliamentary seat but win quite a lot of parliamentary seats.

"And for that reason I don't want to do anything that deflects from the European election campaign so I'm not going to stand in this byelection," he said.

"I want to focus the next three weeks on winning the European elections and also I don't have any links with the east Midlands; I would just look like an opportunist and I don't think that would work."

Frottage said the party would target two or three dozen seat at the general election. "This party isn't about one politician, it's not about one man, it's not about one by-election, it's about a nationwide political movement."
He added that there would be "pressure and splits within the Conservative party" after the European elections and "this may not be the last by-election that comes up between now and next May".

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/30/nigel-Frottage-will-not-stand-newark-byelection-ukip

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2014, 12:28:30 pm »
Dear, oh dear.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2014, 01:56:39 pm »
the bastards are getting coverage everywhere, and I mean everywhere. through the letterbox, on the billboard to work, on the tv, on the papers. What the f*ck are the other parties doing? 22 May is less than 4 weeks away.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »
I'm not sure whether the turnout will be big to stick two fingers up at the main three parties. Or really small because no one gives a shit about the euro elections.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #77 on: May 1, 2014, 02:07:48 pm »
Ukip donor says women cannot be raped by their husbands

Nigel Frottage faces fresh embarrassment over the controversial views of its supporters when a former Ukip donor said on television that a woman could not be raped by her husband.

Demetri Marchessini, the party's sixth-largest individual donor in 2013, also said that gay men experience "no love, only lust". He first caused controversy a year ago when he said women should not wear trousers.

Ukip appeared to be thrown into confusion after Marchessini told Channel Four News he had made a £5,000 donation to the party in December, despite the party claiming it had severed its links with the millionaire.

Asked whether the party had accepted the donation, Frottage said: "I don't know, you'll have to ask the treasurer won't you. I'm sure he gave the money in good faith, the money was taken in good faith."
Demetri Marchessini, pictured on his blog Demetri Marchessini, pictured on his blog.

The interview with Marchessini came hours after a remarkable day for the party. Frottage's decision not to contest the Newark byelection was followed by an opinion poll that showed Ukip on course to achieve an emphatic victory in the European parliamentary elections next month.

The Ukip leader, who began the day denying he was too "frit" to stand in Newark, was shown to be the dominant force in British politics after the ComRes/ITV News poll put support for his party at 38% for the European elections – an increase of eight points in three weeks.

Support for the party even topped 50% in two English regions – 53% in the eastern region and 52% in the West Midlands.

Labour is down three points in the overall poll on 27%, while the Tories trail in third place on 18%, down four points. The Liberal Democrats remain unchanged on 8%.

But Frottage once again had to contend with the highly contentious views of a party supporter. Marchessini, who previously said there was no such thing as date rape, said that rape could not take place in marriage. "There's no such thing," he said.

"When you get married you promise to look after the other person for the rest of their life. You certainly don't promise that you're going to put them in jail. If you make love on Friday and make love Sunday, you can't say Saturday is rape. Once a woman accepts, she accepts and especially when she makes a vow on her wedding day."

Marchessini said that gay men are incapable of experiencing love. He said: "There's no love, only lust, and also the physical actions that they do are completely different. They go out at night and they pick up five, ten, fifteen different partners in one night. Is that love?

"They are not husband and wife. They are roommates and both of them go out cruising. There is no such thing as fidelity in homosexual relationships. They just all go out looking for action. That's the way it is."

Frottage last night acknowledged that Ukip may have been unwise to accept donations from Marchessini. Asked whether it was right to accept money, he said: "Possibly not, no."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/30/ukip-donor-says-women-cannot-be-raped-by-husbands

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 1, 2014, 03:18:59 pm »
Frottage is a pimp. All he cares about is filling his coffers. Like all pimps, if any of his followers get exposed, he dumps them and moves on with no stain on him.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 1, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »
Demetri Marchessini UKIP sponsor hmm He sounds a bit foreign... coming over here putting the hard working British bigot out of a job.