Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2095512 times)

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #27720 on: August 17, 2022, 04:49:57 pm »

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #27721 on: August 17, 2022, 04:55:00 pm »
YNWA

Offline chris90

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27722 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:14 pm »
Further to this here is how you check going forward.

Liverpool v Crystal Palace
15/08/2022 KO: 20:00
Stand: Main Stand Upper
Area: U9
Row: 73
Seat: 239
 IF THIS PART OF EMAIL CONFIRMATION HAS A GAP ITS A MEMBER TICKET OR WILL SAY SEAT TYPE ST
Turnstile: W 1-8

Happy days.. better than nothing I suppose! Reckon I'm best going on the chat to ask for the email confirmation to be resent?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #27723 on: August 17, 2022, 05:01:21 pm »
Happy days.. better than nothing I suppose! Reckon I'm best going on the chat to ask for the email confirmation to be resent?
I think you can do it on your account history
YNWA

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27724 on: August 17, 2022, 05:01:49 pm »
14434 tickets for Wolves are showing on live football tickets

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/liverpool-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-tickets-english-premier-league.html

Starting at £125 for a severely restricted view.   

It makes you want to throw in the towel.  The guy in the Man Utd flip-flops can have the Bournemouth ticket I would have spent hours trying to get.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27725 on: August 17, 2022, 05:04:35 pm »
I think you can do it on your account history
Where??

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27726 on: August 17, 2022, 05:05:37 pm »

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/liverpool-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-tickets-english-premier-league.html

Hard to say what the craic is there.

Could well be touts with burner phones with brand new memberships just transferring to get new 12/13+ memberships for next season.

14k is fucking scandalous though. If the club gave any sort of a fuck about ending touting, they'd be right on to this.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #27727 on: August 17, 2022, 05:07:56 pm »
Hard to say what the craic is there.

Could well be touts with burner phones with brand new memberships just transferring to get new 12/13+ memberships for next season.

14k is fucking scandalous though. If the club gave any sort of a fuck about ending touting, they'd be right on to this.
That's over 25% of the available seats in the ground, surely it can't be right?

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #27728 on: August 17, 2022, 05:15:15 pm »

Pretty sure that's a mistake, they have between 1400 and 1700 for each other home game so I'm guessing someone keys that in rather than it being a real time count and it should be 1434. Not great but no way they could have 14k tickets, that's over 25% of the ground just on one site.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #27729 on: August 17, 2022, 05:17:10 pm »
Where??
Just checked there, can't see it anymore, i thought it was when you went into tickets and clicked the box, there was an option to resend email
YNWA

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #27730 on: August 17, 2022, 05:19:51 pm »
Pretty sure that's a mistake, they have between 1400 and 1700 for each other home game so I'm guessing someone keys that in rather than it being a real time count and it should be 1434. Not great but no way they could have 14k tickets, that's over 25% of the ground just on one site.
there's 4200 for southampton. usually 1700 for all the others though
YNWA

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #27731 on: August 17, 2022, 05:44:31 pm »
So we now know the confirmation email will tell us whether ST or member. Is the seat view when purchasing bollocks then? So on seat plan if it does not say ST on the seat you have picked, it still could be?

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #27732 on: August 17, 2022, 05:45:58 pm »
So we now know the confirmation email will tell us whether ST or member. Is the seat view when purchasing bollocks then? So on seat plan if it does not say ST on the seat you have picked, it still could be?

No that still stands if on seat map it’s an ST then no credit so you can still check before purchasing. The dopey person I spoke to yesterday obviously just fed me a load of crap. You can now check before and after purchase.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #27733 on: August 17, 2022, 05:50:51 pm »
Do they even have the tickets though? My understanding of these sort of sites is they list tickets for extortionate sums and basically "source" them if somebody is daft enough to buy
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #27734 on: August 17, 2022, 05:50:54 pm »
No that still stands if on seat map it’s an ST then no credit so you can still check before purchasing. The dopey person I spoke to yesterday obviously just fed me a load of crap. You can now check before and after purchase.

Sound as nice one. Well in for getting the info!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27735 on: August 17, 2022, 05:51:26 pm »

Fucking no chance is that anywhere near accurate :lmao

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #27736 on: August 17, 2022, 05:52:39 pm »
Sound as nice one. Well in for getting the info!

No worries, I suggest still screenshot the map before purchase just to make sure for the time being if you do get a credit ticket.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27737 on: August 17, 2022, 06:15:09 pm »
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be published
I'm agreeing with you mate.

I find it unlikely that the number of season ticket holders moving on in comparison to members is much different either way.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #27738 on: August 17, 2022, 06:24:25 pm »
I'm agreeing with you mate.

I find it unlikely that the number of season ticket holders moving on in comparison to members is much different either way.
Last time I was down for a game I was drinking in the Irish House in town, talking to an Everton fan, he was laughing while telling me he used to have four liverpool season tickets to sell every game. They did catch up with him in the end.
YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27739 on: August 17, 2022, 07:25:16 pm »
Do they even have the tickets though? My understanding of these sort of sites is they list tickets for extortionate sums and basically "source" them if somebody is daft enough to buy

They're basically a 3rd party site and fairly sure the tickets are verified before they're listed.
I've used them before (once) but would never use them again or advocate anyone using them. The guy I got my ticket from through that site was a scouser.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #27740 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:10 pm »
To the guy above who said the STH figure is probably the same. Exactly my point... 53% of 26k is a lot more then 53% of 10k members..hence why if they wanted to release more tickets they should have come up with new rules for STH as a priority and then go after members.
The majority tickets on that site with the 14k is STH..I know a lot of people who have used it and they say so and even though it's expensive with the site fee £30 on....the specs are much better for em and cheaper than the hospitality which they don't have time to use.
First game there was only 1000 as most of em were unsure what works except burners.
After the Palace game the word got out Iphone screenshots still DO WORK so now instead of passing back to the club they are back on the sites making profit and attending big games.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:15:52 pm by didopich »

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #27741 on: August 17, 2022, 09:48:22 pm »
To the guy above who said the STH figure is probably the same. Exactly my point... 53% of 26k is a lot more then 53% of 10k members..hence why if they wanted to release more tickets they should have come up with new rules for STH as a priority and then go after members.
The majority tickets on that site with the 14k is STH..I know a lot of people who have used it and they say so and even though it's expensive with the site fee £30 on....the specs are much better for em and cheaper than the hospitality which they don't have time to use.
First game there was only 1000 as most of em were unsure what works except burners.
After the Palace game the word got out Iphone screenshots still DO WORK so now instead of passing back to the club they are back on the sites making profit and attending big games.

so the QR refreshing thing was a load of crap too was it?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27742 on: August 17, 2022, 10:59:41 pm »
so the QR refreshing thing was a load of crap too was it?

No. Andoird's refresh every 15 / 30 seconds.
iOS there seems to be a way to turn off refreshing!

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #27743 on: August 17, 2022, 11:16:08 pm »
No. Andoird's refresh every 15 / 30 seconds.
iOS there seems to be a way to turn off refreshing!

Ah right cheers, I was thinking last week the codes would refresh but the old ones are still valid looks to work for android so  :P

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #27744 on: August 18, 2022, 07:23:14 am »

Supposition and guesswork. No one here knows the ST transfer figure. You knowing a handful of people who’ve used tout sites and got good seats is a tiny representation and doesn’t prove the majority of seats on those sites are season tickets. It’s not enough of a sample to prove anything. Where I sit it’s the same faces every game. I wouldn’t rely on that as evidence that few season tickets get passed on because it’s my own, small, anecdotal experience.

As for putting a system in place for season tickets as a priority before “going after members” to “release more tickets” - what are you on about? Decreasing the incentive for season ticket holders to return tickets to the club will mean fewer tickets available in these late sales - the best chance for many. Putting in strict rules on the number of ST transfers might mean a higher turnover of season tickets at the end of each season but that’s very much a long term thing.
Long live the King

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27745 on: August 18, 2022, 07:34:30 am »
Supposition and guesswork. No one here knows the ST transfer figure. You knowing a handful of people who’ve used tout sites and got good seats is a tiny representation and doesn’t prove the majority of seats on those sites are season tickets. It’s not enough of a sample to prove anything. Where I sit it’s the same faces every game. I wouldn’t rely on that as evidence that few season tickets get passed on because it’s my own, small, anecdotal experience.

As for putting a system in place for season tickets as a priority before “going after members” to “release more tickets” - what are you on about? Decreasing the incentive for season ticket holders to return tickets to the club will mean fewer tickets available in these late sales - the best chance for many. Putting in strict rules on the number of ST transfers might mean a higher turnover of season tickets at the end of each season but that’s very much a long term thing.

Once again still absolutely no reason the numbers shouldn't be published

Then the supposition and guesswork is stopped

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #27746 on: August 18, 2022, 07:50:34 am »
Once again still absolutely no reason the numbers shouldn't be published

Then the supposition and guesswork is stopped

Agree. I expect they’ve not been published because there’s been no reason to as with the release of a new scheme for members.
Long live the King

Offline 205mob

• Main Stander
« Reply #27747 on: August 18, 2022, 08:43:44 am »
I have just been onto live chat to get mine resent because I knew 2 were STH and 1 wasn’t but they said to me that they don’t send out confirmation emails 😂😂

Also asked when the address section will be locked as anyone can change there address without proof un less they have had a fan update they said no1 can change there Address unless they have proof. But there wrong as I stated and they said they are doing a fan update

T,

Screenshot below

Further update going forward the confirmation emails will now have a Seat Type Field in the email if blank it’s a member ticket = credit and if it says ST it’s a season holder return so you will be able to see. Now he resent my email confirmation and I can’t see the heading so have asked again for him to clarify mine is a credit ticket. I’ve pasted the response below but it looks like they have picked up on the mess up with not knowing what you have bought hopefully.

Dear Damian

So we have a fix now so that you can see on your confirmation email.

There is now a 'seat type' field - if this is blank then it will be a members ticket that you've purchased - if it shows 'ST' then you've purchased a ST holders resale seat.

I've resent your confirmation so that you can see for yourself.

If you need any further help, please let me know.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:47:06 am by 205mob »

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #27748 on: August 18, 2022, 09:58:06 am »
Agree. I expect they’ve not been published because there’s been no reason to as with the release of a new scheme for members.
The reason is clear for me...the numbers are huge and they don't want the backlash. Like I said it's a massive can of worms.
Yes I want high turnover of ST every season. If you can't go to enough games and your passing most then someone else should have it. 20 years waiting list is draconian stuff an absolute joke. All fans are equal if you are going after members with 13+  than you should be introducing similar rules for STH there is no difference these days we have been through that. If you are passing say more than 7 games then you should give up the ticket. If you are in difficulties and want a year out there should be an option for that before the season. Flexi rules like that can work for both sets and would release more tickets for fans. Who do you think is buying those tickets in the late sales!?? It's those same fans that have been waiting for 20 years for seasie lad.  Atmosphere on Saturday (3pm prime time for STH) is dire. Fresh blood is needed......
I mean so many issues need addressing I know but STH and aways closed shop are paramount.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #27749 on: August 18, 2022, 10:08:32 am »
Ah right cheers, I was thinking last week the codes would refresh but the old ones are still valid looks to work for android so  :P
Yeah I'm on Android and it does refresh every 30sec without a fail but every new code of course works fine at the turnstile.
It's the IPhone that don't refresh if  you switch off auto updates apparently and don't pull it down to refresh yourself.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #27750 on: August 18, 2022, 10:26:04 am »
The reason is clear for me...the numbers are huge and they don't want the backlash. Like I said it's a massive can of worms.
Yes I want high turnover of ST every season. If you can't go to enough games and your passing most then someone else should have it. 20 years waiting list is draconian stuff an absolute joke. All fans are equal if you are going after members with 13+  than you should be introducing similar rules for STH there is no difference these days we have been through that. If you are passing say more than 7 games then you should give up the ticket. If you are in difficulties and want a year out there should be an option for that before the season. Flexi rules like that can work for both sets and would release more tickets for fans. Who do you think is buying those tickets in the late sales!?? It's those same fans that have been waiting for 20 years for seasie lad.  Atmosphere on Saturday (3pm prime time for STH) is dire. Fresh blood is needed......
I mean so many issues need addressing I know but STH and aways closed shop are paramount.

The reason is clear to you is it? In your “everything is against me” head?

Unfounded, unevidenced, supposition to fit your jealous season-ticket-holders-are-evil narrative.

The more sensible and logical rationale is that the club hasn’t published season ticket transfer numbers because there’s no reason to beyond satisfying some moaning arses on here. You’re not their priority.

As for your system that people lose season tickets if they transfer / don’t attend seven or more games - do you really think that if they brought that in today - it would result in a higher turnover of season tickets? And then what - a few people on the list who may or may not be getting tickets already get a season ticket. News for you - that’s not going to make things a whole lot easier for everyone else.
Long live the King

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27751 on: August 18, 2022, 10:32:07 am »

The more sensible and logical rationale is that the club hasn’t published season ticket transfer numbers because there’s no reason to beyond satisfying some moaning arses on here. You’re not their priority.

The club has created this 'us v them' mentality. There was literally no need to publish that 53% of members tickets were transferred last season.
If they were going to publish details like this, it should have been with full transparency, members and ST holders, and not using a season in which they were giving holidays, allowing the transfer of tickets to any tom dick and harry, and declaring no credits will accrue.

Offline chris90

• Kemlynite
« Reply #27752 on: August 18, 2022, 10:41:25 am »
The reason is clear to you is it? In your “everything is against me” head?

Unfounded, unevidenced, supposition to fit your jealous season-ticket-holders-are-evil narrative.

As for your system that people lose season tickets if they transfer / don’t attend seven or more games - do you really think that if they brought that in today - it would result in a higher turnover of season tickets? And then what - a few people on the list who may or may not be getting tickets already get a season ticket. News for you - that’s not going to make things a whole lot easier for everyone else.

We all know there are people who abuse the system that are members and people who abuse the system who are STH's. There are people with multiple memberships and people with multiple ST's who only have them to profit from them. It's a good thing for everybody to weed these people out surely?

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27753 on: August 18, 2022, 11:13:34 am »
The club has created this 'us v them' mentality. There was literally no need to publish that 53% of members tickets were transferred last season.
If they were going to publish details like this, it should have been with full transparency, members and ST holders, and not using a season in which they were giving holidays, allowing the transfer of tickets to any tom dick and harry, and declaring no credits will accrue.

Is it not to say that this 53% were people which had covid, were related to people who had covid and then AOB due to fixture changes for covid so which they couldnt attend due to work. Also do you not think that due to the amount of games (being 2 per week for the last 8 weeks or so) people were looking ahead to afford the ridiculous costs to get to Paris, so used some of the ticket refunds to help pay for that, and Wembley three times??

The number is skewed unless we had a pre covid narrative. Unfortunately as this system for ticket transfer came in through covid, it would need at least 1 to 2 years under the same structure to see where this percentage went.

Now that they have this new structure, the percentage, if released next year, will be skewed again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:16:33 am by GWats77 »

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #27754 on: August 18, 2022, 12:31:38 pm »

I think they published it to give context that lots of members tickets are transferred and it’s fair that the person who goes gets the credit. But as you say, the figure was based on a highly unusual season with different rules. So I can see how basing decisions on that data would be considered flawed (even if the overall principle of person going gets the credit still feels fair).
Long live the King

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27755 on: August 18, 2022, 12:58:10 pm »
Is it not to say that this 53% were people which had covid, were related to people who had covid and then AOB due to fixture changes for covid so which they couldnt attend due to work. Also do you not think that due to the amount of games (being 2 per week for the last 8 weeks or so) people were looking ahead to afford the ridiculous costs to get to Paris, so used some of the ticket refunds to help pay for that, and Wembley three times??

The number is skewed unless we had a pre covid narrative. Unfortunately as this system for ticket transfer came in through covid, it would need at least 1 to 2 years under the same structure to see where this percentage went.

Now that they have this new structure, the percentage, if released next year, will be skewed again.

I think they published it to give context that lots of members tickets are transferred and it’s fair that the person who goes gets the credit. But as you say, the figure was based on a highly unusual season with different rules. So I can see how basing decisions on that data would be considered flawed (even if the overall principle of person going gets the credit still feels fair).

As far as I remember, there was no context given at all. Just that 53% of members tickets were transferred, so immediately making out that members are responsible for the amount of tickets being touted.
Now we have a tiresome 'members v season ticket' argument and who touts more and who is the better fan, who deserves what and bla bla fucking bla. All because the club have made members out to be touts basically.
It's absolutely fair that the person attending the game gets the credit, but that doesn't excuse the club publishing only members transfers but not season tickets, and without any sort of context whatsoever as to why the figure might be so high.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27756 on: August 18, 2022, 01:02:50 pm »
Not sure what we're all arguing about, the season ticket percentage of tickets transferred/sold on will be relatively similar and within a few percentage points.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27757 on: August 18, 2022, 01:15:53 pm »
As far as I remember, there was no context given at all. Just that 53% of members tickets were transferred, so immediately making out that members are responsible for the amount of tickets being touted.
Now we have a tiresome 'members v season ticket' argument and who touts more and who is the better fan, who deserves what and bla bla fucking bla. All because the club have made members out to be touts basically.
It's absolutely fair that the person attending the game gets the credit, but that doesn't excuse the club publishing only members transfers but not season tickets, and without any sort of context whatsoever as to why the figure might be so high.

Absolutely spot on, the club has caused this.

As you say the publication of these figure have cast doubts in every member.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27758 on: August 18, 2022, 01:46:27 pm »

It would be good if they could announce the date of the late members sale for Bournemouth so we can actually plan our lives. 

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #27759 on: August 18, 2022, 01:53:44 pm »
I’m guessing sale will be Tuesday as Palace was meant to go up on the Thursday so 5 days before the match. Plus they still need do the local sales for it etc.