Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886070 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #6400 on: August 17, 2022, 04:53:05 pm »
He just needs at least one dynamic player to help - otherwise he's being asked to do way too much.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #6401 on: August 18, 2022, 10:27:47 am »
He's a great great player, but you know what, he could be getting complacent with no one threatening his place. If we had a player who kept Fabinho on his toes, I'm sure he'll be sharper. With only Henderson and Bajectic at the club, and injuries to Ox, Thiago and Keita, we are light in defensive midfield depth?

Its early doors, but we did also have one of the longest seasons of all time last year, and some players could be feeling the effects of it this year. The world cup coming in the middle of the season might actually help us.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6402 on: August 18, 2022, 10:45:26 am »
I didn't think Fabinho was that bad considering he was left completely alone for a lot of the game. He turned into our main creative player, which was the issue as that shouldn't fall to him. Get the bodies around him and suddenly he has a pass on, and him getting done once or twice doesn't become that much of an issue.

You look at their goal on Monday, Salah is with the ball on the edge of the area, Nunez and Milner are in centre forward spots. Elliot Right wing, Trent and Diaz in attacking midfield and Robertson left wing. That seems like massive overkill to me, and I don't remember us setting up like that at 0-0 in the first half before. Fabinho then gets done and it's a simple pass through for Zaha to run on to. If Zaha hadn't got his control right, Palace still had 3 players running from midfield, and we only had Van Dijk, Phillips and Robertson who had sprinted back from the opposition box. Not saying the goal could have been prevented with another player deeper, but it left us vulnerable and without structure constantly, and the goal shows a good example of that.

It was like this all game. When Fabinho did have the ball, the option was a pass down the right wing or lofting it over the top in hope.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6403 on: September 7, 2022, 10:50:12 pm »
Has he lost a leg or something? He’s moving round the pitch like he’s in quicksand.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6404 on: September 7, 2022, 10:51:11 pm »
Knackered, like almost everyone else.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: September 7, 2022, 10:52:51 pm »
Feel for the guy, he has an ocean to cover whilst his midfield partners play like full backs or wingers.

He’ll be fine once he’s in a more compact shape, he’s always been slow over large spaces.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6406 on: September 7, 2022, 11:47:18 pm »
Has he lost a leg or something? He’s moving round the pitch like he’s in quicksand.

He's never been quick. He's just often been positionally great with long legs. Now though he's playing a lot of minutes in a side that isn't performing and has no energy in the areas he needs assistance in.

He's off form, but the team is exposing him more.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6407 on: September 7, 2022, 11:52:41 pm »
He's never been quick. He's just often been positionally great with long legs. Now though he's playing a lot of minutes in a side that isn't performing and has no energy in the areas he needs assistance in.

It's who he's playing with. He looked better after the subs.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6408 on: September 8, 2022, 12:38:09 am »

Precisely. Stick a prime Gini and Hendo either side of him, he’d look great again I’m sure

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6409 on: September 8, 2022, 07:57:34 am »
Precisely. Stick a prime Gini and Hendo either side of him, he’d look great again I’m sure

100% - for me he isn't one of our bigger concerns. He's being completely exposed by ill fitting players alongside him in midfield meaning he has to get through a near impossible amoint of work.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6410 on: September 8, 2022, 09:52:04 am »
100% - for me he isn't one of our bigger concerns. He's being completely exposed by ill fitting players alongside him in midfield meaning he has to get through a near impossible amoint of work.

This. He can’t cover the entire midfield and drop back between the CBs. He needs midfield partners with good engines to cover ground too.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6411 on: September 8, 2022, 09:56:01 am »
It's basically been a one man midfield this season. What are people expecting exactly? Of course you'll look slow if you have to cover for absolutely everyone around you.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6412 on: September 8, 2022, 10:03:22 am »
The only caveat Ill put to him is that he and the midfield were shocking against Fulham. After that though the system has definitely exposed him.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6413 on: September 8, 2022, 10:52:32 am »
I do think he's vastly operated by our fan base, good when he has the running power of Henderson and Gini around him but poor when he doesn't get that protection.

Players who play the anchor are usually very consistent but I feel he has a lot of off days, when you see Henderson in that position he is constantly organising and doesn't shut up getting people around him at it, he doesn't let our standards drop, but for me Fabinho has no leadership qualities and doesn't organise, if he's being isolated (which he is) then he needs to be telling Elliot in no uncertain terms, he needs to be telling Trent that brainless kamikaze bombing down the right is making us piss easy to counter attack against. His communication for a position that sees everything on the pitch is not good enough imo, he needs to stop being given a free pass on his performances and wake the fuck up.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6414 on: September 8, 2022, 10:57:01 am »
I do think he's vastly operated by our fan base, good when he has the running power of Henderson and Gini around him but poor when he doesn't get that protection.

Players who play the anchor are usually very consistent but I feel he has a lot of off days, when you see Henderson in that position he is constantly organising and doesn't shut up getting people around him at it, he doesn't let our standards drop, but for me Fabinho has no leadership qualities and doesn't organise, if he's being isolated (which he is) then he needs to be telling Elliot in no uncertain terms, he needs to be telling Trent that brainless kamikaze bombing down the right is making us piss easy to counter attack against. His communication for a position that sees everything on the pitch is not good enough imo, he needs to stop being given a free pass on his performances and wake the fuck up.
Every 6 in the world would look hopeless with so much space to cover.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6415 on: September 8, 2022, 10:59:43 am »
Every 6 in the world would look hopeless with so much space to cover.

He needs to organise and be a leader in that position,  the only time I see him open his mouth is when he's having a go at the ref for giving a foul away.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6416 on: September 8, 2022, 11:02:22 am »
He looked like he had just finished an all you can eat Brazilian barbecue 20 minutes before kick off. Looks like he has lost 5 yards of pace never mind 1.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: September 8, 2022, 11:02:37 am »
He needs to organise and be a leader in that position,  the only time I see him open his mouth is when he's having a go at the ref for giving a foul away.
True but I wouldn't blame him though. Milner keeps flying into tackles taking himself out of the game and he can't get back anyway.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: September 8, 2022, 11:17:13 am »
Flaco is one of the least of our worries get it together in here. He’s not the quickest but he’s a one man midfield atm. Has zero protection and we turnover the ball like crazy from all positions. Of course he’s not gonna look good.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6419 on: September 8, 2022, 11:26:16 am »
True but I wouldn't blame him though. Milner keeps flying into tackles taking himself out of the game and he can't get back anyway.

When you play anchor, you are the gaffer of your midfield,  you see everything, you constantly organise and get your midfielders positionally in the right position. I agree Milner diving in all over is a problem I agree Elliott being out of positionally is a problem,  Fabino needs to be organising it and letting people know in no uncertain terms, it just amazes me how he always gets a free pass from the fans.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6420 on: September 8, 2022, 11:30:44 am »
When you play anchor, you are the gaffer of your midfield,  you see everything, you constantly organise and get your midfielders positionally in the right position. I agree Milner diving in all over is a problem I agree Elliott being out of positionally is a problem,  Fabino needs to be organising it and letting people know in no uncertain terms, it just amazes me how he always gets a free pass from the fans.

What do you want people to do? Protest?

Loads have said he's not playing well. Not sure what else you want.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: September 9, 2022, 10:41:28 pm »

LOL so now we're doing poorly coz Fab isn't yelling his head off?  jesus wept. 

and what "free pass" are you talking about ffs?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6422 on: September 9, 2022, 10:45:56 pm »
No fucker gets a free pass from our fans,there's always a fucking William that comes along.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6423 on: September 10, 2022, 05:38:29 am »
I do think he's vastly operated by our fan base,
That probably explains why he's been playing poorly, if he's post-op every game.

Fans need to put their scalpels away...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6424 on: September 11, 2022, 08:37:51 am »
He was a great player but never blessed with much pace. Now his legs appear to be going it’s making him look bad. Ordinarily in this situation you would have athletes in midfield to compensate for it but we don’t. Even Real Madrid have changed the way they play now their midfield is old. They’re way more solid and counter attack, as opposed to dominating games all over the place.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6425 on: September 11, 2022, 10:52:52 am »
I don't think it's a case of his legs going, it's his inability to organise the midfield when Henderson isn't in the side doing that for him.

There's a reason why our win percentage doesn't change when fabinho misses games and a reason why liverpools win percentage absolutely plummets whenever Henderson doesn't start in midfield.

If Henderson plays 6 he is a massive leader, he never shuts up organising and making sure everyone is at it. When Henderson is an 8 he still brings those qualities, a huge workrate, he's constantly covering Trent, he's in his ear making sure the workrrate never stops, that the intensity is there from everyone around him.

Fabinho doesn't lead and he doesn't organise, as a 6 he can see Elliott is out of position, he can see Trent making stupid runs that's leaving us so easy to hit on the counter with Elliott out of position as well but he's doing nothing about it, Henderson would be going apeshit at Trent and Elliott.

This page just sums it up for me, people making him blameless, saying he's the last of our problems, the guy needs to pull his finger out, with Henderson injured you organise and make it compact around him and make sure our intensity doesn't drop. He's not doing that.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: September 11, 2022, 10:54:57 am »
I don't think it's a case of his legs going, it's his inability to organise the midfield when Henderson isn't in the side doing that for him.

There's a reason why our win percentage doesn't change when fabinho misses games and a reason why liverpools win percentage absolutely plummets whenever Henderson doesn't start in midfield.

If Henderson plays 6 he is a massive leader, he never shuts up organising and making sure everyone is at it. When Henderson is an 8 he still brings those qualities, a huge workrate, he's constantly covering Trent, he's in his ear making sure the workrrate never stops, that the intensity is there from everyone around him.

Fabinho doesn't lead and he doesn't organise, as a 6 he can see Elliott is out of position, he can see Trent making stupid runs that's leaving us so easy to hit on the counter with Elliott out of position as well but he's doing nothing about it, Henderson would be going apeshit at Trent and Elliott.

This page just sums it up for me, people making him blameless, saying he's the last of our problems, the guy needs to pull his finger out, with Henderson injured you organise and make it compact around him and make sure our intensity doesn't drop. He's not doing that.

;D ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6427 on: September 11, 2022, 11:12:00 am »
Must be tough for players knowing they’re six games from being overrated
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6428 on: September 11, 2022, 11:21:10 am »
How is he expected to make the team compact when we're deliberately spreading our players when in possession to make the pitch as big as possible? We often have both fullbacks pushed up and the central midfielders pulling into wide areas. That leaves massive gaps for teams to exploit when we lose possession.

At that point he can't be issuing instructions to players to get compact, he needs to help stop the counter attack. It's the players responsibility to get back behind the ball and help defend.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: September 11, 2022, 11:23:16 am »
He was a great player but never blessed with much pace. Now his legs appear to be going it’s making him look bad. Ordinarily in this situation you would have athletes in midfield to compensate for it but we don’t. Even Real Madrid have changed the way they play now their midfield is old. They’re way more solid and counter attack, as opposed to dominating games all over the place.

Not sure how you can say his legs are going, he is only 29. He is basically playing as a one man midfield and the space he has to cover is huge.

A couple of seasons ago I think we played Bruge or Genk or one of those sides away and we had Keita, him and Ox in midfield (it was the one that Ox scored that goal with the outside of his boot). In that game Keita and Ox pushed right forward and Fabinho was basically on his own and near the end of that he was flagging and struggling physically.

He isnt a Kante and even then Kante is always told to be involved in play further up the field.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #6430 on: September 11, 2022, 12:34:07 pm »
It was Genk away, and they basically are a mid table Championship side.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: September 13, 2022, 09:59:35 pm »
Word for this man tonight. Fantastic out there

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6432 on: September 13, 2022, 10:00:15 pm »
Word for this man tonight. Fantastic out there

Best game for quite some time from him. Looked like his old self.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: September 13, 2022, 10:00:54 pm »

Helps to get another midfielder next to him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6434 on: September 13, 2022, 10:03:00 pm »

Helps though when you are not asked to cover the entire midfield.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6435 on: September 13, 2022, 10:03:20 pm »
Agreed on both counts :)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6436 on: September 13, 2022, 10:24:36 pm »
Helps though when you are not asked to cover the entire midfield.

Exactly. He controls that central area brilliantly  but he's not a Mascherano, Kante type that covers large spaces.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6437 on: September 13, 2022, 10:45:18 pm »

Agreed. Only complaint would be the goal to Ajak he should be much closer and helping there for the cutback otherwise played as excepted and did the job very well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:58:17 pm by RedG13 »

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #6438 on: October 1, 2022, 09:54:51 pm »
I know a lot of people have been saying, but I hadn't really noticed it so much until Brighton. 

I'm worried about Fab.  Seriously, I wonder if he's sustained some head injuries along the way that maybe he hasn't fully recovered from. 

His reaction time and reflexes just seem seriously slowed.  He was a step or two behind the ball all match long.  He's never been the fastest in terms of speed, but seems he's made up for it by smarts and instincts.  But today it just seemed there was a serious delay in his reactions. 

Time to put Hendo in that role more often maybe?

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6439 on: October 1, 2022, 11:10:18 pm »
He was MOTM in the 4-0 win against Arsenal last November/December.

Since then he's played like he's wearing ice skates pretty much every time he turns out.

Hard to understand what's happened to him. He's gone from probably the meanest DM in the country to get past to the easiest.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 11:12:30 pm by Xanderzone »