Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 330897 times)

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to stay
« Reply #520 on: September 13, 2018, 04:51:52 pm »
Oh to be a young chap playing Fifa, using your own self, onscreen!

I'm nearly 40 and I'm always playing with myself....

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #521 on: January 14, 2019, 08:54:55 pm »
Any news on Rhian's recovery from injury?  Seems to be dragging on longer than first anticipated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #522 on: January 14, 2019, 09:11:06 pm »
Any news on Rhian's recovery from injury?  Seems to be dragging on longer than first anticipated.
He’s running outside and is close to joining first team training
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #523 on: January 14, 2019, 09:12:39 pm »

Great news, good to see him back after a frustrating year.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2019, 12:55:47 pm »
That sounds like he's outside your window :) Say Hi to him for us.

Look forward to seeing what this lad can do. Heard a lot about him. Wonder if he'll see much action this season, though?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:45 pm »
Look forward to seeing what this lad can do.

You'll have to look forward all the way to the 2019/20 season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2019, 02:16:30 pm »
You'll have to look forward all the way to the 2019/20 season.
That's alright, it's not all that long a way off. As I said, I don't envisage him seeing much action this season even when fit.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »
From today's training

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: January 15, 2019, 07:30:39 pm »
Yes will be available later on this month

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #529 on: January 15, 2019, 08:27:10 pm »
So what sort of player is he then?

Can't say I have been blown away by the various highlight reels, but Klopp and the club clearly think he has what it takes. Is he poacher, creator, pacy striker playing on the last man, target man, or a bit of everything?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: January 15, 2019, 08:48:28 pm »

Can't say I have been blown away by the various highlight reels, but Klopp and the club clearly think he has what it takes. Is he poacher, creator, pacy striker playing on the last man, target man, or a bit of everything?
Not an expert on him, but apparently he’s excellent at playing the role he’s given.  Highly able to adapt his game to what is needed..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2019, 08:50:24 pm »

Forward. Scores goals and that

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2019, 08:52:55 pm »
Forward. Scores goals and that
Probably best on the right of a three.
W

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2019, 08:53:25 pm »
I keep reading the title as Rhian Brewster, set to play  :o. We've waited too long to see him play for the firsts!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2019, 09:35:17 pm »
Think his imminent return to training was a final deciding factor in Solanke's departure.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:55 pm »
Think his imminent return to training was a final deciding factor in Solanke's departure.

……..and the £19m!   :D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2019, 11:18:18 pm »
Great to see return to training, good luck Rhian.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2019, 11:28:32 pm »
Would a short term loan spell do him some good - regular appearances rather than sitting on the bench or being part of the U23s?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2019, 11:40:18 pm »
Would a short term loan spell do him some good - regular appearances rather than sitting on the bench or being part of the U23s?

No & Klopp won't be sending him out either,would be crazy to send him just after recovering from that injury,we need to keep a good eye on the lad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2019, 11:49:13 pm »
Got the impression that he didn’t move last summer in the end as he was convinced he had a place in the first team squad and would get opportunities. I also think that he was probably ahead of Solanke in that way of thinking and is the reason we were happy to give Sturridge another season rather than splash out on a new striker.

It’s all just my opinion but I think they think he might be pretty special and once fit will be given the chance to fit in with the current front 3 to give us that top class 4th option we need.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2019, 08:39:09 am »

No. His education should be at Anfield. With Sturridge and Origi almost certainly leaving in the summer he has a clear path to the first team.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2019, 08:53:58 am »
After seeing Brewster for the reserves his playing style mostly reminds me of Rashford so as a comparison

18 years old - 2015/16
League 11 app (5 goals) |  FAC 5 app (1 goal)  |  League Cup 0 app (0 goals) | Europe 3 app (2 goals) - Total 18 app (8 goals)

19 years old - 2016/17
League 32 app (5 goals) |  FAC 3 app (3 goal)  |  League Cup 6 app (1 goals) | Europe 11 app (2 goals) - Total 53 app (11 goals)

20 years old - 2017/18
League 35 app (7 goals) |  FAC 5 app (1 goal)  |  League Cup 3 app (2 goals) | Europe 8 app (3 goals) - Total 52 app (13 goals)

Rashford at the same age as Brewster (18) made 18 appearances and scored 8 goals. A decent return.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2019, 05:46:20 pm »
Rashford is an interesting comparison. I think Brewster would have got a game or two by now if not for the injury and then we would have had a better idea if he was on the same sort of trajectory as Rashford. I'd be delighted if that is the level of player he becomes, a very decent alternative to our front three.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2019, 07:59:53 am »
Rashford is an interesting comparison. I think Brewster would have got a game or two by now if not for the injury and then we would have had a better idea if he was on the same sort of trajectory as Rashford. I'd be delighted if that is the level of player he becomes, a very decent alternative to our front three.

Let’s hope he turns out to be more Rashford, less Roachford

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/sbscx0S3jcY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/sbscx0S3jcY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2019, 01:58:08 pm »
Jurgen in todays prematch presser for Palace was asked about Brewster. He said he's out running on the pitch, maintains a positive attitude, is doing well, but he doesn't expect to see him in full training until preseason.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2019, 01:58:51 pm »
Yes will be available later on this month
Klopp confirmed in today's press conference that we won't be seeing him until the next pre-season.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't sell Solanke because Brewster was going to play this season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2019, 02:00:00 pm »
Klopp confirmed in today's press conference that we won't be seeing him until the next pre-season.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't sell Solanke because Brewster was going to play this season.

Depends on how you interpret what Klopp says. He says we won't be thinking about him until pre-season, that's not to say that he won't be ready. IN other words we aren't rushing his recovery

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2019, 02:02:28 pm »
Depends on how you interpret what Klopp says. He says we won't be thinking about him until pre-season, that's not to say that he won't be ready. IN other words we aren't rushing his recovery
Lol.  Okay.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #548 on: January 18, 2019, 02:46:17 pm »
Hopefully he’s fully fit and ready to go for pre-season so that he can start to show what he can do for the first-team.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2019, 04:01:09 pm »
Lol.  Okay.

He's already running, it's not like he won't be training until pre-season, whether or not we use him is a whole different matter. The point he was making is that we aren't rushing him.

It would help if you listened

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2019, 03:28:14 pm »
Rhian is going to the Marbella training camp. Little bit surprised, but hope this is very good news for his recovery outlook.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #551 on: February 11, 2019, 04:19:22 pm »
Got the impression that he didn’t move last summer in the end as he was convinced he had a place in the first team squad and would get opportunities. I also think that he was probably ahead of Solanke in that way of thinking and is the reason we were happy to give Sturridge another season rather than splash out on a new striker.

It’s all just my opinion but I think they think he might be pretty special and once fit will be given the chance to fit in with the current front 3 to give us that top class 4th option we need.

That sounds right. Makes sense keeping Sturridge and Origi for the one season while selling Ings and eventually Solanke. I can see us buying another though, so that we go into next season with 5 options up top.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:21:24 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #552 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:07 am »
Jurgen in todays prematch presser for Palace was asked about Brewster. He said he's out running on the pitch, maintains a positive attitude, is doing well, but he doesn't expect to see him in full training until preseason.
wow. thats a long time away

but i guess the plan is to get him 100% for next season. probably building up a lot of muscle etc in the legs
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: February 12, 2019, 10:36:15 am »
Rhian is going to the Marbella training camp. Little bit surprised, but hope this is very good news for his recovery outlook.

Why you a little bit surprised?

I think he is closer to full fitness then made out but no need to rush him.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #554 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »
Why you a little bit surprised?

I think he is closer to full fitness then made out but no need to rush him.

Because the last time Klopp talked about him, he wouldn't be back practicing with the full squad until next preseason. Him training today with the full team seems like he might be much further along, which is enough to elicit mild surprise in me.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:57 pm »
Because the last time Klopp talked about him, he wouldn't be back practicing with the full squad until next preseason. Him training today with the full team seems like he might be much further along, which is enough to elicit mild surprise in me.
he might have his own programme. he might not necessarily be in full training

having him around the squad isnt a bad thing either

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »
He's definitely in the pics training with the ball with the rest of the squad.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2019, 03:11:55 pm »
He's definitely in the pics training with the ball with the rest of the squad.
i hadnt looked so stand corrected. thats good to know

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: February 12, 2019, 03:20:00 pm »
i hadnt looked so stand corrected. thats good to know

Not full training though. They were able to join in with the sessions this morning but this afternoon will go off to do their own stuff (I've posted this in the Ox thread).

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: February 12, 2019, 03:20:40 pm »
Good to see him out on the pitch. Being around Ox surely would have been a positive moment for him while out of business.

But what is the hype with him? While other youth players like Wilson and Ejaria are out getting precious minutes, Brewster is out for quite a while.

Surely the lengthy injury will play a negative role on his development and also his future injury record. I recall Samed Yesil who was also highly touted but have totally gone off the radar after suffering a couple of really brutal injuries at such a young age. Lets just hope Brewster case is different.