Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4147463 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61200 on: November 26, 2019, 12:13:37 pm »
It would be a good watch, that's for sure.

I'd quite like to see Wilder v Whyte.  That would be straight out of the pub car park but it would be a great fight while it lasted.

Yeah same here, been dying to see that fight. Whyte is still mandatory challenger for WBC, although money talks so imagine he's well behind Fury, AJ/Ruiz and Usyk.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61201 on: November 26, 2019, 01:12:14 pm »
Yeah same here, been dying to see that fight. Whyte is still mandatory challenger for WBC, although money talks so imagine he's well behind Fury, AJ/Ruiz and Usyk.

Not anymore he isnt, Tyson Fury is

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61202 on: November 26, 2019, 03:37:55 pm »
Not anymore he isnt, Tyson Fury is

Ah of course because of the adverse finding. Anti-doping in boxing is a joke, how can he be cleared by a regulatory body, yet be stripped of his mandatory challenger status until 2021 by the WBC...?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61203 on: November 27, 2019, 01:39:20 pm »
For you boxing experts in this thread:  did (or does) Wilder do anything to set up the KO punch like on Saturday, or does he just throw it the best opportunity he can get?  And is there any way for an opponent to avoid it?

I'd like to think there's more to it than just hitting the power punch cheat mode button, but from what I've seen of it it doesn't look like he hits him with half a dozen left jabs before the big punch or anything.

He's got decent-ish movement which enables him to set up the haymaker of his.  That's the only thing going for him in terms of the sweet science of boxing.  Otherwise he's just a human windmill.

Imagine if he were punching from multiple different angles like Pacman? He's be seriously next level in terms of windmilling.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:41:04 pm by Samie »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61204 on: November 27, 2019, 01:41:58 pm »
No guarantee that Captain Windmill gets up though  ;D
The Ruiz from the first Joshua fight is also a dangerous opponent for Wilder.

The Ruiz from the AJ fight could also eat a baby bear.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61206 on: November 27, 2019, 10:37:54 pm »
Dillian Whyte to face Mariusz Wach on Joshua-Ruiz undercard in Saudi Arabia
Went the distance with Wlad seven years ago but is now 39 and his punch resistance is gone. Every chance it ends in a hurry. I suppose Whyte wants a stay-busy low risk fight while he waits for a title shot which is fair enough I suppose. He has fought several decent (by the standard of this HW division) opponents in a row. Can't begrudge him a soft fight.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61207 on: November 28, 2019, 09:25:20 am »
Fury v Wilder set for Feb 22.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61208 on: November 28, 2019, 10:29:02 am »
Fury v Wilder set for Feb 22.

Nice.  Think Fury will do it this time.

Mind you, I think he did it last time.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61209 on: November 28, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »
Nice.  Think Fury will do it this time.

Mind you, I think he did it last time.

Be interesting for sure. Wilder definitely underestimated Fury last time but Fury will be much fitter this time. Who knows, 50/50 fight which is always good.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61210 on: November 29, 2019, 07:15:35 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61211 on: December 2, 2019, 01:20:54 pm »
Rumours going around is if AJ wins then WBO and IBF will call in their mandatories who are Usyk and Pulev respectively.  So he is going to have to give up those belts if he wants to fight Fury and/or Wilder.

If the little fat man wins and Wilder does too then September for all the marbles as they're on the same promo management team.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61212 on: December 2, 2019, 01:49:56 pm »
Rumours going around is if AJ wins then WBO and IBF will call in their mandatories who are Usyk and Pulev respectively.  So he is going to have to give up those belts if he wants to fight Fury and/or Wilder.

If the little fat man wins and Wilder does too then September for all the marbles as they're on the same promo management team.

If Ruiz and Wilder both win then the unification fight will be sigbed instantly.

I think unifications take precedence over mandatories, but I think timing will be an issue. If AJ won and had to fight Pulev in the spring I don't think they'd mind too much anyway. Could see them dropping a belt for Usyk to pick up in the meantime.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61213 on: December 2, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »
Aye, unification tops mandatory defenses and if AJ wins then most likely it's the WBO belt and Usyk vs Chisora is the most likely fight there.  Don't you fuckin' hate these different organisations?  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61214 on: December 2, 2019, 03:55:04 pm »
Aye, unification tops mandatory defenses and if AJ wins then most likely it's the WBO belt and Usyk vs Chisora is the most likely fight there.  Don't you fuckin' hate these different organisations?  ;D

All these different organisations are not ideal, but if they could all just agree to recognise one champion each, I could live with it.

WBA are now on 4 per division FFS ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61215 on: December 2, 2019, 04:35:44 pm »
How do y'all see the AJ rematch going? One thing for sure is £25 is a fucking rip off. Be interesting to see what kind of tactics AJ adopts this time round.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61216 on: December 2, 2019, 04:45:57 pm »
How do y'all see the AJ rematch going? One thing for sure is £25 is a fucking rip off. Be interesting to see what kind of tactics AJ adopts this time round.
Joshua will be need to box smarter than he ever has and will need to be much quicker than before. Ruiz is a super dangerous fighter but can’t see him beating Joshua again. AJ via ref stoppage in the 11th.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61217 on: December 2, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
If AJ has a brain he'll just box his head off for 12 rounds and either get the wide UD or the late stoppage.

The problem will come if he tries to make a statement and blast him out early, he might punch himself out or get caught on the way in again.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61218 on: December 2, 2019, 08:16:55 pm »
I said after the first fight that I felt it was AJ's Hasim Rahman moment and that he severely underestimated Ruiz. I don't think he'll make the same mistakes again and will take him out in 7 this time.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #61219 on: December 2, 2019, 09:24:22 pm »
AJ looks fucked in some of these Sky interviews. Looks like he hasn’t slept in days.The bright spark / energy that usually flows through his interviews is gone. Hopefully this is just me reading too much into it but you really need that enthusiasm going into a fight or the opponent has the edge.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61220 on: December 2, 2019, 09:29:31 pm »
This fight will be held in Saudi Arabia. I'm considering boycotting it. They won't even allow Ring girls for this match. Why boxing organizations are compromising with tradition? Yeah money i know, but fuck that.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61221 on: December 2, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »
This fight will be held in Saudi Arabia. I'm considering boycotting it. They won't even allow Ring girls for this match. Why boxing organizations are compromising with tradition? Yeah money i know, but fuck that.

Of all the reasons to not like the fight being in Saudi Arabia, you pick ring girls?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61222 on: December 2, 2019, 09:34:57 pm »
Of all the reasons to not like the fight being in Saudi Arabia, you pick ring girls?

I'm trying to keep things inside the ring, starting from there. Their intention to wash out their nasty reputation through sport events is, of course, a much bigger issue.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61223 on: December 2, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
I'm trying to keep things inside the ring, starting from there. Their intention to wash out their nasty reputation through sport events is, of course, a much bigger issue.

Don't get me wrong, ring girls are fucking splendid to look at  :D

I'll certainly be watching it, but on IPTV so as good as a boycott.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 09:41:29 pm by Barneylfc »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61224 on: December 2, 2019, 09:42:53 pm »
Did I read the other day that the fight won't begin until after the Sister Fucker derby has finished?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61225 on: December 2, 2019, 09:47:41 pm »
Don't get me wrong, ring girls are fucking splendid to look at  :D

I'll certainly be watching it, but on IPTV so as good as a boycott.

Maybe i will do the same  :D

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61226 on: December 3, 2019, 12:25:05 am »
Can't see AJ losing this time at all.

Might as well quit if he does.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61227 on: December 3, 2019, 04:23:04 am »
Can't see AJ losing this time at all.

Might as well quit if he does.

Quit making millions when he has his faculties intact. Nah mate,no quit here

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61228 on: December 3, 2019, 06:01:12 am »
Cant think of any reason Joshua will beat Ruiz this time around. Hope he does though, I've got a long standing bet with a mate that Fury wins if they ever meet.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61229 on: December 3, 2019, 07:01:17 am »
Did I read the other day that the fight won't begin until after the Sister Fucker derby has finished?

The fight wont be on until 10/11pm mate. Itll need to be at a decent time for the US audience as well as the UK one.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #61230 on: December 3, 2019, 07:40:03 am »
The fight wont be on until 10/11pm mate. Itll need to be at a decent time for the US audience as well as the UK one.

Matchroom  put out a post saying his ring wallk is 8:45..

so going by AJ it'll be 10 pm first bell aye haha

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61231 on: December 3, 2019, 07:47:44 am »
It's a tough fight to call second time around, which is precisely how world title fights should be! Ruiz's focus on AJ's body was key the last time around. AJ was effectively stopped due to exhaustion by  a combination of big body shots and carrying far too much muscle IMO. He is trimmer for this fight but still needs to avoid those shots or he will lose again, perhaps a little later. Ruiz has also lot weight, and it is interesting to see if it affects his punch resistance.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #61232 on: December 3, 2019, 08:56:40 am »
1st bell is 9pm according to Hearn

The whole Saudi Arabia thing is what it is. Money talks. WWE do events there and are paid $40-50 million per event and Tyson Fury got paid $15m just to play fight for 10 mins.

Talk is Matchroom are getting $40-50m and the Purse is $60m for AJ and $9m for Ruiz (all part of the rematch clause activated when Ruiz beat AJ last time)

The likes of Cardiff, Wembely and Vegas just cant match that money

Just dont talk about it being a 'ground breaking' or 'Good for Boxing' etc. Just say it as it is. They pay more than any other venue in the world.

Biggest shame for me is that there wont be any women boxing on the card. Forget the ring girls.

Talk of retirement for AJ if he gets beat again is stupid. Unbeaten records just aren't the be all and end all.  AJ is still marketable and you spin it as 2-time unified heavyweight world champion. He just needs to be better prepared.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #61233 on: December 3, 2019, 10:14:52 am »
Honestly think AJ wipes him out in about two rounds.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61234 on: December 3, 2019, 10:32:35 am »
Talk of retirement for AJ if he gets beat again is stupid. Unbeaten records just aren't the be all and end all.  AJ is still marketable and you spin it as 2-time unified heavyweight world champion. He just needs to be better prepared.

Unbeaten records in the heavyweight division just mean you've never fought anyone.

4-1 for Joshua by decision which I think is a steal.  He didn't take Ruiz seriously last time, and I think if he stays behind the jab he wins an easy wide UD.  He's only vulnerable if he tries to knock Ruiz out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61235 on: December 4, 2019, 12:22:25 pm »
I'm going for Aj in UD or late stoppage. This fight is him morphing into Lennox or latter day Wlad using his height and reach and not actively looking for a knockout.  He looks leaner and trimmer, definitely won't be coming in at like 19 stones for fuck sakes like against Takam.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61236 on: December 4, 2019, 01:03:54 pm »
I'm going for Aj in UD or late stoppage. This fight is him morphing into Lennox or latter day Wlad using his height and reach and not actively looking for a knockout.  He looks leaner and trimmer, definitely won't be coming in at like 19 stones for fuck sakes like against Takam.  :D

I think you're right.  But it's either that or we're going to get Price v Thompson II.  As long as I don't have to sit through a 45 minute saxophone solo beforehand I'll be happy!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61237 on: December 4, 2019, 01:14:38 pm »
Just seen the purses for the fight, AJ is getting an insane £80 million. Money really does talk, he would be getting £35mill max if it was in Vegas. Ruiz in comparison is only making £10 million.

Saw a video earlier of Dillian Whyte doing an open workout. Guy is looking rather tubby these days.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61238 on: December 4, 2019, 01:16:29 pm »
I think you're right.  But it's either that or we're going to get Price v Thompson II.  As long as I don't have to sit through a 45 minute saxophone solo beforehand I'll be happy!

TT was a laugh though with his pre and post interviews. AJ ain't.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61239 on: December 4, 2019, 01:17:11 pm »
Also lads can't wait to see the ring girls ankles on Saturday night.  :D