Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1405852 times)

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #2720 on: January 14, 2019, 08:52:04 pm »
Next 45 mins a free pass to boost there goal difference.  :(

Offline Craig_Bellamy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2721 on: January 14, 2019, 09:05:29 pm »
Next 45 mins a free pass to boost there goal difference.  :(
guess we’ll just have to take Care of our own business then, and keep the goaldifference irellevant, wont we ? Still all in our hands

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2722 on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:02 pm »
Manchester City are going to hammer Wolves here. How was that a red and Kompany wasn’t?
Down to 10 men, 2 - nil down already not looking good.

We can’t worry about it. They’re going to win most of their remaining games and we won’t be handed this on a plate.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »
Doesn't change anything for us, we still got a job to do regardless.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »
We can’t worry about it. They’re going to win most of their remaining games and we won’t be handed this on a plate.

Yep. I'm on the same wavelength as the boss. Concentrate on our own games, and 1 at a time, it's much less stressful.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2725 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
City are very good aren’t they? Ffs.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2726 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »

Weird isn’t it. 100 points last season and it turns out they’re very good!

We’ll just have to be better and we’re doing a great job of it for 6 months now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2727 on: January 14, 2019, 09:21:15 pm »
One match a time.

Sometimes we play before them and sometimes after.

Let’s keep focused.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #2728 on: January 14, 2019, 09:29:47 pm »
City are good but they’re playing Wolves. We haven’t won the league for 29yrs so the next 16 games will be squeaky bum time. Still 4 points clear though!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:36:36 pm by Alan B'Stard »
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:07 pm »
Their fixtures start to pile up a bit from now on ,lets see how they get on after February if they stay in all comps.Injuries might start creeping in unless Pep has them on the same juice he took as a player.Just keep it going winning one game at a time and they can win as much as they want but the gap will still be 4 points.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:38 pm »

In other news, bears crap in the woods

;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: January 14, 2019, 09:31:15 pm »
Their fixtures start to pile up a bit from now on ,lets see how they get on after February if they stay in all comps.Injuries might start creeping in unless Pep has them on the same juice he took as a player.Just keep it going winning one game at a time and they can win as much as they want but the gap will still be 4 points.

Piss easy semi finals in the league cup, easy fixture in the FA cup and in Europe.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: January 14, 2019, 09:32:13 pm »
They're 3 points ahead of us over the last 38 games. (91 v 88) Both teams are immense. Going to be some battle.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:39 pm »
They're 3 points ahead of us over the last 38 games. (91 v 88) Both teams are immense. Going to be some battle.

We phoned it in during the last few games of last season.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2734 on: January 14, 2019, 09:34:28 pm »

Hopefully Burnley kick them all over the park
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: January 14, 2019, 09:36:13 pm »

True. They went all out for 100 points too.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: January 14, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
Piss easy semi finals in the league cup, easy fixture in the FA cup and in Europe.
Difficult final though , its the minutes built up in the legs im hoping that kills them over the next few months ,bit of luck they get a though draw in the next round of the champions league.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: January 14, 2019, 09:41:35 pm »

We had issues in midfield with only 3 fit players as well

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: January 14, 2019, 09:42:56 pm »
Hopefully Burnley kick them all over the park
Hopefully they try to do to them what they did to us. Too many teams just stand off them.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2739 on: January 14, 2019, 09:45:16 pm »
Now I understand why the odds on a City win tonight were so piss poor.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2740 on: January 14, 2019, 09:47:02 pm »
The easy draws in the cups just mean they'll go further which of course means more games. You can only stay getting easy draws for so long, they'll have to play some good teams in these competitions eventually.

I don't give a shit if they win all the cups I just want us to win the league. And they obviously going to fucking win tonight. They don't lose at home, rarely if at all. The Palace game was an anomoly. The gap is 4 points and its up to us to extend it to 7 before they play next. Their next semi difficult game is next month against Arsenal which they will likely win easy.

If people are nervous now what's going to happen when there's only 1 point in it and we are yet to play? We just need to relax. There's ages to go yet and panicking on here isn't going to change anything.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:26 pm »
The easy draws in the cups just mean they'll go further which of course means more games. You can only stay getting easy draws for so long, they'll have to play some good teams in these competitions eventually.

I don't give a shit if they win all the cups I just want us to win the league. And they obviously going to fucking win tonight. They don't lose at home, rarely if at all. The Palace game was an anomoly. The gap is 4 points and its up to us to extend it to 7 before they play next. Their next semi difficult game is next month against Arsenal which they will likely win easy.

If people are nervous now what's going to happen when there's only 1 point in it and we are yet to play? We just need to relax. There's ages to go yet and panicking on here isn't going to change anything.

People are going to wet their beds.

I am not worried, I am anxious about every game because I'm excited and I always am when we play but I never expected us to be in this position or challenge for the title, I just expected progress.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2742 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:20 pm »
Jeezo.......the sky sports update.....I’m sure the guy is knocking one our over Manchester City as he writes it!!!
Apparently a message sent to us tonight.......and going on about the goal difference etc

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2743 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »
Fair play to them really

That win takes them to 12 points from their last seven games, almost at the 2PPG which is generally accepted gets you into the CL
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2744 on: January 14, 2019, 09:51:26 pm »

who’s panicking?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: January 14, 2019, 09:55:18 pm »
who’s panicking?

Go back to last week when we lost to city

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: January 14, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »
We need an even stronger second half of the season, to do this we really need more from at least one of Keita, Lallana, Sturridge, and Origi. I know Ox will be back soon but we can expect that much from him.

I highly doubt we need a stronger second half of the season. That would mean we finish on 103 points. We can only draw one of our last 16, and win the rest, to acheive it. And the most City can get if they win all their games is 101. No way that two teams finish above 100.

But I understand your point. It would be great if Keita in particular could add some creativity to the side. We look very stable and in control, but a few easy wins would mean that we can take off our best players early and not rely on our defence just as much.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:58:07 pm by Roger Federer »

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2747 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:48 pm »
Jeezo.......the sky sports update.....I’m sure the guy is knocking one our over Manchester City as he writes it!!!
Apparently a message sent to us tonight.......and going on about the goal difference etc

Whose worrying about goal difference? They are only 2 ahead of us and we we just as capable as they are at putting 3,4 or 5 past anyone. Also we are 4 points ahead of them. Fuck goal difference, we can just keep winning 1-0 from now until the end of the season, see where goal difference gets them then.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:00 pm »
We need an even stronger second half of the season, to do this we really need more from at least one of Keita, Lallana, Sturridge, and Origi. I know Ox will be back soon but we can expect that much from him.

No we dont.

If we do the same as the first half, we win this league easily.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: January 14, 2019, 10:03:20 pm »

They are very good, but we are very very good.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:45 pm »
2 horse race now..... with one wearing platinum shoes and loaded up on steroids

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:49 pm »
They beat Wolves 3-0 with an extra man... wow 3-0, at home, against 10... not impressed their shite

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: January 14, 2019, 10:06:21 pm »
Is it weird that despite this amount of points and one defeat that we are only 16pts ahead of 6th place?. I swear City were that amount ahead of 2nd place last season at this stage!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »
Is it weird that despite this amount of points and one defeat that we are only 16pts ahead of 6th place?. I swear City were that amount ahead of 2nd place last season at this stage!

The top teams have been really good. I imagine Poch has taken up drugs and Sarri has increased his ciggie intake. Emery was moaning a while ago how shit it is to be unbeaten for so long and still be 4th or 5th.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:56 pm »

After this amount of games last year,
 City had 62 points.
United - 47
Chelsea - 46
Liverpool - 44
Spurs - 41

This year, 3rd and 4th spot pretty much is the same in comparison to last year.

Offline Dansphinx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2755 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:33 pm »

I was looking at this earlier, look at Utd points and city’s

Offline Dansphinx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2756 on: January 14, 2019, 10:13:41 pm »
Those draws really screwed us last season

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: January 14, 2019, 10:19:30 pm »

They were on 62 pts... were on 57 now. Everyone was shit last season 🤣

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2758 on: January 14, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »
Two home matches to round out the month, we should of course be looking to win them both and we can look back on January as a relatively routine month, no shame in losing that City match with them needing to win so much, and even the biggest of optimists couldn't have seen us winning in the cup with so many changes.

Our goal doesn't change from now til the end of the season, we just have to keep doing our own thing, I don't really expect anyone else to take anything from City, that said however it's unlikely they win 16 more games. Anything else is entirely welcome, and if we can get to both of the Bayern games still 4 points clear that'd be excellent.

Onto Palace  :wave
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: January 14, 2019, 10:29:25 pm »
Two home matches to round out the month, we should of course be looking to win them both and we can look back on January as a relatively routine month, no shame in losing that City match with them needing to win so much, and even the biggest of optimists couldn't have seen us winning in the cup with so many changes.

Our goal doesn't change from now til the end of the season, we just have to keep doing our own thing, I don't really expect anyone else to take anything from City, that said however it's unlikely they win 16 more games. Anything else is entirely welcome, and if we can get to both of the Bayern games still 4 points clear that'd be excellent.

Onto Palace  :wave

For them to win the next 16 games they'd have put together the greatest run in premier League history. And, depending on goal difference, we could draw 2 games in that time and the league would still be ours.

They'll drop points though. It's just a question of when.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.