Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 203776 times)

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #80 on: October 4, 2011, 01:05:42 am »
We need trouble makers in the form of Bellamy, Kuyt to name a few. Kenny will pick the right team either way, least we have options going into this - more than we have had of late.

If Johnson is fit I'd like to see him play.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline meff

• istoffeles?
  • Kopite
  • does your dog bite?
« Reply #81 on: October 4, 2011, 01:15:19 am »
Inviting us to attack them will be their undoing if Suarez starts and I fancy a Gerrard start to get the cogs running at full tilt to kill the game off early doors. One thing's for sure: the piss-stained auld get can't play his mind games against us this time around, not on Kenny's watch.
For those about to Klopp! We salute you

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 4, 2011, 01:19:46 am »
Really intresting to see if Enrique can keep Nani quiet. If he can hold him off the ball and bully him around he'll be off the pitch crying again. Attacking wise they look very sharp and ther'll be no room for error, will be a key element imo. Think this will be very even, nervous for this one. Hope De Gea will hand us one or two gifts and we'll smash them like last time.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #83 on: October 4, 2011, 01:23:12 am »
Why the fuck would Kenny not start our best player against the best team in the EPL right now?

He has Gerrard starting in midfield with Adam and Lucas?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 01:32:18 am by stevieG786 »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #84 on: October 4, 2011, 01:24:08 am »
Can't deny they've been impressive going forward this season but they're shakier at the back more than normal, we have to exploit this. One consistant for me this season with us, is that we're not taking a big enough percentage of our chances - if we had, we'd only dropped points at spurs - in this game we have to nail whatever we create. If we do that, then I'd be reasonably confident of doing them again.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #85 on: October 4, 2011, 01:31:30 am »
Are Uruguay playing on the Tuesday or Wednesday does anyone know? And what about Brazil for Lucas?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #86 on: October 4, 2011, 01:35:06 am »
Why the fuck would Kenny not start our best player against the best team in the EPL right now?

Why the fuck are you being so hostile? I don't think he will start because he's clearly looking a little jaded, and add to that he will probably play two full games in South America and arrive back in Liverpool on the Thursday.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 4, 2011, 01:35:51 am »
Downing, in my opinion, has gone missing and failed to make an impression when the game has been tough. Therefore, I'd like to see Bellamy start ahead of him with Lucas, Stevie and Kuyt in midfield. That is a midfield full of players who will not give up and never let their heads go down, and against United I can see us having a difficult game in which players need to stand up and be counted. My other thought is that we can't play an open game against them, if they catch us on the break we will have trouble dealing with their pace so we need to be very disciplined and clever in possession so we don't get caught by their counter attacks.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #88 on: October 4, 2011, 01:38:12 am »
get at them and dominate possession.
hope they have all their big guns out and we destroy them.
a little tap on the shoulder to say....were back
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #89 on: October 4, 2011, 01:41:54 am »
Downing, in my opinion, has gone missing and failed to make an impression when the game has been tough. Therefore, I'd like to see Bellamy start ahead of him with Lucas, Stevie and Kuyt in midfield. That is a midfield full of players who will not give up and never let their heads go down, and against United I can see us having a difficult game in which players need to stand up and be counted. My other thought is that we can't play an open game against them, if they catch us on the break we will have trouble dealing with their pace so we need to be very disciplined and clever in possession so we don't get caught by their counter attacks.

thats showing fear for me...let them be scared of us,nervous of us.
go for the throat and keep at them.
we need to be dominant and let them psychologically take the knock.
most teams roll over for them when they go at them.
we need to show them that we are the dominant force now.times have changed and its business as usual

edit..and i think downing has shone since he joined us...hit the ground running from the off...well pleased with him
i can see him scoring against the mancs
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 01:44:16 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #90 on: October 4, 2011, 01:45:32 am »

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #91 on: October 4, 2011, 01:47:05 am »
Nothing better than beating the smug shite. 11 days and counting...

Let's hope De Awful is in goal and Gerrard has his shooting boots on.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Jezzman

• Kopite
  • Above us only sky
« Reply #92 on: October 4, 2011, 01:53:10 am »
Ladbrokes has the mancs as favorites. I just threw a big pile of money on a home victory. As far as I remember, it is nearly four years since the managed to beat us at Anfield. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #93 on: October 4, 2011, 02:47:25 am »
Ladbrokes has the mancs as favorites. I just threw a big pile of money on a home victory. As far as I remember, it is nearly four years since the managed to beat us at Anfield. Correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. The last 3 times we've played them at Anfield we've beaten them too. They've had a good start to the season, but certainly don't deserve to be favourites.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #94 on: October 4, 2011, 02:53:25 am »
As far as I remember, it is nearly four years since the managed to beat us at Anfield. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: October 4, 2011, 03:07:28 am »
We normally blow them away at Anfield but this season we've looked quite toothless without Gerrard or Bellamy so at least one has to start or I can't share the same confidence as others on here. Utd have been extremely clinical this season and we have to do everything to ensure our attack puts our chances away.

Reina

Kelly     Carra      Agger   Enrique

Lucas      Adam

Kuyt            Gerrard        Downing

Suarez

I think we'll edge this 2-1

I'd go with this formation too (assuming Johnson and Agger are fit), but perhaps favour Bellamy over Downing. I love his energy and he'll pressure their backline to death along with Suarez and Kuyt. In saying that, I think Downing has been in good form, and Bellamy is a great option to bring off the bench, so either way I'd be happy.

I think Suarez will step up for this one and have another massive game. Jones has had a fantsatic start to his United career, but I think Suarez's movement and unpredictability will get the better of him (see the run Torres made for his goal against them this season).

I'm not particularly worried by United in the middle of the park, and I think Lucas and Adam (with Gerrard dropping deeper when needed) will take control nicely. It's the movement of Hernandez, Rooney, Nani and Young that is obviously most concerning. Carragher and Skrtel (if Agger is still out) could have some serious difficulty in coping with this.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #96 on: October 4, 2011, 03:14:21 am »
A lot of formations with Carrol on the bench, which I agree with
I think the pace of this game early on won't suit him, and he will make more impact
as a 2nd half sub.

Lets bring them back down to earth with a thud

3 - 0

Suarez, Gerrard, Kuyt

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 4, 2011, 03:23:40 am »
I want our Geordie beast to score at least twice with Stevie's lightning bolt 30 yards out while Suarez terrorize their defence.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #98 on: October 4, 2011, 03:27:40 am »
Let's give 'em their first loss, shall we?

Offline The Rednigerian

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: October 4, 2011, 03:39:32 am »
Massive pressure on them. Almost none on us. And all our heavy hitters are beginning to hit form.

Pretty confident we'll get a result.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #100 on: October 4, 2011, 03:50:27 am »
My favorite game of the season and I'm really confident. Can't wait!
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline lovestospooge

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: October 4, 2011, 03:51:05 am »
i think we'll see stevie in CM for this one:

reina
johnson---carra---agger---enrique
lucas---gerrard
kuyt---carroll---bellamy
suarez

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 4, 2011, 03:52:35 am »
Lets fucking smash them.  Hopefully the two weeks in between the two games gives Stevie the time to recuperate and gain full fitness and is in contention for a starting berth. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 4, 2011, 03:55:08 am »
Very different test to the game at Anfield last season.

They were embroiled in a title race whereas we were still on a real high from the new owners coming in, Kenny coming back, a new hero arriving in Suarez and most importantly we'd had some great results. The pressure was off us playing in front of our fans against arguably our biggest rivals.

This time it's at a stage when the table is only starting to take shape, a time where over recent years we already start to slip away from the top teams. This is such an important game for us if we have ambitions of sticking with United and City for a while yet. If all of a sudden after a shaky-ish start we pull out a win at Everton and a victory over United then it's laying down a real marker, and while we're still weaker than the two top teams at the moment, wouldn't it be nice for our title ambitions to not be over by the time November comes round?

United are also a better team now IMO. Young is a great signing and i've always rated him, with Nani and Rooney completing a front three of sorts, they've brought back the pace, energy and movement that they've lacked since the superb partnership of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. The static United side that we met last season will be a far cry from this one in my opinion, they really have looked excellent so far and i'm concerned about their ability to cause us real problems at the back.

As for us, we aren't performing at the same extremely high levels we were in last seasons run in which is to be expected really, it was a great honeymoon period for us but now it's all about scrapping it out and keeping in touch with our rivals. It's hard to predict how we'll set up and who will start, what with internationals all playing a part. I'm concerned mostly about the fitness of Suarez, as we saw just how much United shit themselves against him last season. However confidence will be up after the derby win and everyone will be right up for this as you'd expect.

I've got a feeling one way or another this will be a thrilling game. I have also got an awful gut feeling that they'll stick a few past us. Head says United will get a vital win and get breathing space on us, heart says we'll scrap it out and come out marginally on top. I hope to fuck my heart is right!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 4, 2011, 04:14:48 am »

Fucking hated that game. Spend most of the time watching it on my feet. We completely dominated and Torres almost scored before Tevez scored for em.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Polish_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: October 4, 2011, 04:18:35 am »
I wonder who the ref will be.

I bet it's fucking Webb.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #106 on: October 4, 2011, 04:42:51 am »
reina

johnson---skrtl---agger---enrique
downing----lucas---gerrard--bellamy
                suarez---carroll

carra will be massacred. so no way we use him for this game. adam's been off form. this set up helps us move up the line further so that carroll will be a constant threat. we need to be brave and take risks. we have the quality and pace in this set up.

If its webb or equal like ref then forget what formation we have. its gonna be red cards for us.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 04:45:37 am by Dmode101 »
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #107 on: October 4, 2011, 04:48:21 am »
winning two derbies in a row would be fucking great
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 4, 2011, 05:10:24 am »
Ino we just had our 'derby' but this is the proper derby for me.

Agreed - most important league match of the year bar none. Beating them at Anfield can't be bettered. Sure it's fun to beat the BS at Woodison, but having the Kop roar on a rampaging Red army is far better

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #109 on: October 4, 2011, 05:13:35 am »
                     Reina
Johnson Carra   Agger   Enrique
                      Lucas
   Bellamy     Gerrard         Downing
              Kuyt      Suarez

A must win!

Fuck, that's a mobile looking side. I like it.

Offline METHOD MAN

• Kemlynite
« Reply #110 on: October 4, 2011, 05:30:13 am »
Not worried about this at all. We'll win.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
« Reply #111 on: October 4, 2011, 05:38:43 am »
I bet it's fucking Webb.

if it's webb, i'll turn off the tube.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #112 on: October 4, 2011, 06:00:48 am »
Concerned, if I'm being honest.

Our wins against these recently has been built off a 90 minute high-pressure game. With Adam, I don't think we have that ability.

If we can get enough of the ball and be positive, they aren't solid, as shown recently.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #113 on: October 4, 2011, 07:33:27 am »
If we win this we`ll be 3 points behind them! pretty awesome :D
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #114 on: October 4, 2011, 07:36:14 am »
Most sides having Gerrard Agger and Glen all starting , still feel there's question marks if any will start ?

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 4, 2011, 07:48:41 am »
Cannot wait for this - hoping we get through the internationals with no injuries. If we approach this game with the same pressing and tenacity we showed last year, we will win. As we all know, United don't like it up 'em! They looked very pedestrian against Norwich, which just shows what happens when teams refuse to roll over and accept what Fergie demands!

Too early for Johnson and Agger, would expect to see the same team we used against Everton, although I would start Jay Spearing ahead of Adam for this one - using Adam as an impact sub, along with Gerrard and Bellamy. Although, having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gerrard-Lucas CM axis for this.

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
« Reply #116 on: October 4, 2011, 07:49:23 am »
Don't know where to post this so I'll just post it here:

I am very dissapointed we missed out on Young and Phil Jones... They look like champions and would have added real quality to the team... OR maybe it's the system Man United have in place.. Dunno, they seem to be playing alot better than the lot we purchased. I'm not playing down our players but just trying to be objective. I'm real glad we purchased Enrique and Downing. I think they'll stay in our team a long time. However the more Adam I watch, the more I feel we don't really need him... Would love to have kept Mereiles but too late to for that now...

I can't wait to watch Stevie back in action.. Jeez we have all missed him. GO GET EM SON!
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 4, 2011, 08:28:52 am »
Bit worried to be honest, before the red card we was second best to everton, and let's be honest, our performances the last few matches were not fantastic. But Kenny has my full trust and a few of our players will be more fresh ( Enrique, gerrard, kelly, carra, agger, carrol hopefully and maybe downing). When is johnson back as well? I think we are missing him loads to be honest, is threat down the right cannot be underestimated.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #118 on: October 4, 2011, 08:34:14 am »
Our biggest threat:

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!