Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 202567 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2011, 11:28:26 am »
The derby is a bigger game than this, they dont interest me.  Hope we fuckin batter them like  :wave
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2011, 12:04:36 pm »
Carroll will start in this game, after scoring his 1st in the derby away from home to then drop him in the 1st home game back would be a little kick in teeth.  If he scores for England its will be set in stone that he will start i think if we are starting Carroll though we i think we will need to start Stevie and to be fair, with Stevie not going with England and having 2 weeks to get ready for this i dont see any reason for him not to start, its the perfect game for him to make his 1st start if you ask me.  8)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 12:14:40 pm by WheelerLFC »
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2011, 12:21:21 pm »
Can't wait for this game, hate the internationals, but at least it gives Stevie another week of training :)
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline alan82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2011, 12:25:05 pm »
Think we will do the mancs again.

Bellamy should start on the left with his pace he will cause loads of problems.
“I just wanted to jump into the stand and start celebrating with those wonderful fans [on reaching the Champions League final]” Steven Gerrard

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
« Reply #164 on: October 4, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »
If we play bellamy on the left i can see him causing lots and lots of trouble for the united defence, the best way to defend is to attack, our midfield has the capability to overun theirs, the only thing is they have two very good outlets in the form of nani and young. Bellamy deserves the start here, a front 4 of gerrard, suarez, bellamy and caroll should be enough to see this off,  bellamy needs to start this, he hates them and  has a lot of passion

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 4, 2011, 12:50:12 pm »
given that football can be a large test of mental strength, our good form against them in recent seasons at anfield may give them some niggling doubts in their mind.

really see us being up and at em in this battle, we've got the edge so heres to a good result!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 4, 2011, 12:50:50 pm »
Any chance of Gerrard starting this one?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 4, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
Any chance of Gerrard starting this one?

There should be.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 4, 2011, 12:53:10 pm »
Carroll will start for sure (unless he gets injured with england).

He's starting to come good, and I think Kenny will play him and Suarez up top as much as possible now to develop the partnership.

Reina

Kelly  Carra  Skrtel  Enrique

Gerrard   Lucas

Kuyt   Suarez   Bellamy

Carroll

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 4, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »
for me

Reina

Kelly
Carragher
Skrtel
Enrique

Kuyt
Gerrard
Lucas
Downing

Suarez
Carroll

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 4, 2011, 12:55:19 pm »
for me

Reina

Kelly
Carragher
Skrtel
Enrique

Kuyt
Gerrard
Lucas
Downing

Suarez
Carroll

Won't Agger be back?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #171 on: October 4, 2011, 01:03:20 pm »
for me

Reina

Kelly
Carragher
Skrtel
Enrique

Kuyt
Gerrard
Lucas
Downing

Suarez
Carroll

Exactly.  I am a bit surprised by people saying the game might be too early for Gerrard to start.  He has been training for about a month now, and has been involved partly in the last 3 games.  He will have had two more weeks of training after the derby game.  I think he is primed for a start. Same thing with Carroll. He has been in good form the last two games, and would not make sense to drop him for such a big match. I know Bellamy has been spectacular everytime he has come on, but I want him on the bench to give us a spark if we need some.  And Kuyt on the right should be nailed on for such a massive game. 
Think the only question is whether the game comes too early for Johnson and Agger. I am not sure if they any of the two has started training yet.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #172 on: October 4, 2011, 01:05:53 pm »
Gerrard will start this game rather than Adam I reckon.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #173 on: October 4, 2011, 01:08:19 pm »
Would like to see this in midfield:

Gerrard

Adam    Lucas

We hammered Giggs and Anderson in midfield last time in March so I reckon Fergie will stiffen this area and I'm already worried Adam will be isolated. Gerrard probably won't last 90 minutes so I think Henderson could step in at some point.

Kuyt must play for me and probably Downing so possibly Carroll drops out - Suarez and Kuyt's movement did for United before and they look a bit shaky at the back right now.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 4, 2011, 01:12:25 pm »

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 4, 2011, 01:16:00 pm »

Gerrard

Adam    Lucas

We hammered Giggs and Anderson in midfield last time in March so I reckon Mr Alex Ferguson will stiffen this area and I'm already worried Adam will be isolated. Gerrard probably won't last 90 minutes so I think Henderson could step in at some point.

Kuyt must play for me and probably Downing so possibly Carroll drops out - Suarez and Kuyt's movement did for United before and they look a bit shaky at the back right now.

I heard United is one of the most teams that have the most shots against them. We should take advantage of that.

For me, Carroll needs to play. And not just for his confidence, but because United's defence right now look's very shaky in the air. Hell, they look shaky on the ground, but we'll let Suarez take care of that. De Gea isn't the greatest in the air either, so we'll need a target man for set pieces/crosses. That Scandinavian keeper is yet to impress either.

And if Vidic does play, Carroll could challenge him. He may not beat him in the air, but he could drag him out of their defence line for Suarez to do his stuff.

Muhammad Ali

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 4, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »
Nervous as Hell about this match, but hopefully that will ease as all our players come back from their internationals uninjured.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #177 on: October 4, 2011, 01:20:06 pm »
I see the over confidence and arrogance has returned again

How the fu*k people can be so confident we will put 4 past utd is beyond me. It won't happen. I think we will win, but utd are on fire this season so even a draw may be a half decent result, yes we are 5th and doing well....but we aren't as good as everyone seems to think we suddenly are. Much depends on key players over the next 2 weeks of internationals
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 4, 2011, 01:21:08 pm »
Anyway. I'mma go with the same squad against Everton with Gerrard in for Adam.

Muhammad Ali

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #179 on: October 4, 2011, 01:21:59 pm »
I see the over confidence and arrogance has returned again

How the fu*k people can be so confident we will put 4 past utd is beyond me. It won't happen. I think we will win, but utd are on fire this season so even a draw may be a half decent result, yes we are 5th and doing well....but we aren't as good as everyone seems to think we suddenly are. Much depends on key players over the next 2 weeks of internationals

Yep, Having Confidence is terrible.
Take a good look at yourselves.
How very dare you.

We'll lose 5-0.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #180 on: October 4, 2011, 01:24:56 pm »
Yep, Having Confidence is terrible.
Take a good look at yourselves.
How very dare you.

We'll lose 5-0.

slight difference between confident and over confidence stupidity isn't there. I said I think we will win...but saying we'll smash them 4 or 5 is ridiculous. I noticed this was said leading up to the Spurs game...that turned out well didn't it?
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #181 on: October 4, 2011, 01:27:16 pm »
Gerrard in central midfield and we will walk this one
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #182 on: October 4, 2011, 01:35:11 pm »
Grass is green.
 ;)

Not in Kentucky it ain't  ;)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #183 on: October 4, 2011, 01:37:53 pm »
Won't Agger be back?

He should be there or thereabouts

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #184 on: October 4, 2011, 01:38:43 pm »

Gerrard

Adam    Lucas

We hammered Giggs and Anderson in midfield last time in March so I reckon Mr Alex Ferguson will stiffen this area and I'm already worried Adam will be isolated. Gerrard probably won't last 90 minutes so I think Henderson could step in at some point.

you mean Scholes and Carrick? :o..
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #185 on: October 4, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »
woulda made sense to have that random Rangers friendly this week or on weekend....woulda been perfect for Gerrard to get proper match practice.

ah well
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Big Sami Hyypiä

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: October 4, 2011, 01:44:47 pm »
Think we will see:

Reina

Kelly (Johnson if fit)      Carragher     Skrtel (Agger if fit)    Enrique

Lucas            Adam

Kuyt                    Gerrard                   Suarez

Carroll

Bellamy and Downing on the bench as impact subs. Don't see us playing 2 in the middle against them.

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #187 on: October 4, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »
slight difference between confident and over confidence stupidity isn't there. I said I think we will win...but saying we'll smash them 4 or 5 is ridiculous. I noticed this was said leading up to the Spurs game...that turned out well didn't it?

Diffrence being is that its Man Utd at Anfield its a totaly diffrent game then Spurs away, plus we are going to be making a hell of alot more noise on the stands which also plays its part  ;)
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #188 on: October 4, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »
just had a quick look at redcafe..

"This Web thing is way overblown - it's the typical media witch hunt. We receive the rough end of the stick and not a murmur but the moment a decision goes in our favour they press are crying from the rooftops."

"Yeah it's ridiculous. I'd like us to beat Liverpool with an offside goal or dodgy decision to see Dalglish explode but it would only mean that the media spout shit about us and make referee's fail to give us anything for months."

"i dunno who the ref is - I'm just hoping that the silly twat won't get intimidated but the crowd and their players. I often get this impression that refs are reluctant to punish Lpool at Andfield."
   -Really? Do they watch their own games at OT?

Also this one which was funny.. ;D

"Looking back at that run by Suarez last time round... Made us look like school boys"

Yeah he really did, you fucking c*nts.

Must have missed something. I genuinely can't remember a key decision going against them. Nani it Anfield? But surely you'd say the Webb 'ghost' penalty and Gerrard red more than made up for that?

Can anybody think of an incident whilst the game was finely balanced (i.e. 0-0 or 1 goal in between) that as gone against United. I'm sure if you were dirty or desperate enough to look over the last 19 or so years of their 'success' I'd say the decisions go for them two-three times what the rest of teams get.

Good to see the obsession still burns deep  :)

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 4, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »
Fucking clueless twats they are, i still remember hyypia getting sent off after 2minutes at old trafford for fuck all.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #190 on: October 4, 2011, 02:10:03 pm »
I heard United is one of the most teams that have the most shots against them. We should take advantage of that.

For me, Carroll needs to play. And not just for his confidence, but because United's defence right now look's very shaky in the air. Hell, they look shaky on the ground, but we'll let Suarez take care of that. De Gea isn't the greatest in the air either, so we'll need a target man for set pieces/crosses. That Scandinavian keeper is yet to impress either.

And if Vidic does play, Carroll could challenge him. He may not beat him in the air, but he could drag him out of their defence line for Suarez to do his stuff.

Yes that makes a lot of sense. If Carroll is up top and Suarez we know must start, where does that leave Kuyt, if we also want Gerrard, Lucas, Adam and Downing - Adam not starting I guess?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #191 on: October 4, 2011, 02:11:58 pm »
Does anyone remember Danny Murphy's penalty at Old Trafford in 2003/4..?

First one for an away side in over ten years that.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #192 on: October 4, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »
Fucking clueless twats they are, i still remember hyypia getting sent off after 2minutes at old trafford for fuck all.

I expect they reckon that was fully deserved and that all of Vidic's dismissals were unjust!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 4, 2011, 02:19:35 pm »
Yes that makes a lot of sense. If Carroll is up top and Suarez we know must start, where does that leave Kuyt, if we also want Gerrard, Lucas, Adam and Downing - Adam not starting I guess?

Kuyt can continue to play on the right. Evra is having a shocker in defence this year - from what I've seen anyway so only brings something in attack for them. Kuyt would easily stop that.

It's not like we're a weaker side without Adam. And his tackling could be worrying at times, he could easily be sent off against one of the clubs biggest rivalry. (Before someone mentions Everton, they were hardly in possession after their sending off.) It's clear that he's not playing his best footy at the moment either, so I'd show him the bench for Stevie.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #194 on: October 4, 2011, 02:28:06 pm »
Think we will see:

Reina

Kelly (Johnson if fit)      Carragher     Skrtel (Agger if fit)    Enrique

Lucas            Adam

Kuyt                    Gerrard                   Suarez

Carroll

Bellamy and Downing on the bench as impact subs. Don't see us playing 2 in the middle against them.

for me that is the perfect side. We have other options if we need to change it but I think we will beat united if we are up and at them. We need to keep them on the defensive. Give them no time on the ball and keep pressing. I would definitely use a 3 man midfield and definitely use kuyt on the right. The only one change would be if bellamy should start instead of Carroll. Bellamy is always full of running and wont let their centrebacks have time on the ball.

If we press united from the front then I think we will win.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 4, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »
This game will be to early for Gerrard I suspect, probably come one around 60 minutes. Hope Adam can last the pace of a Liverpool - United 60 odd minutes.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 4, 2011, 02:28:49 pm »
This kind of stuff is just painful to read. Grow a fucking spine.

Please tho. PLEASE! Grow a fucking spine.

Agreed. Even the Mancs - can't find myself wishing them injuries. Sorry

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 4, 2011, 02:38:07 pm »

Can't give the midfield to them, and we could boss this game through the middle

Reina
back four
Gerrard Lucas Downing
Kuyt Carroll Suarez

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 4, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »
Can't give the midfield to them, and we could boss this game through the middle

Reina
back four
Gerrard Lucas Downing
Kuyt Carroll Suarez

Wouldn't Spearing be a safer bet as a CM?

Muhammad Ali

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 4, 2011, 02:42:21 pm »
Gerrard is playing another game behind  closed doors this week or next against preston so I think he will start.