Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1730682 times)

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2800 on: April 12, 2021, 04:13:27 pm »
Given his injury record, it would be a ridiculous risk for any club to spend the £100m+ necessary.

The Kane rumours surfaced only after the Haaland circus recently. Either it's an attempt by United to show they have alternatives, or they already know Haaland will be headed to City instead.

Regardless, I don't think Kane is their primary target this summer. It's almost as if they've started the dart throwing process.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2801 on: April 12, 2021, 05:05:22 pm »
Goals from open play are Rashford 10, Bruno 8 Cavini 7 and then a bunch with 4.  They'd be smart to get Kane even with his age but how long do you think it would be before Bruno is sulking since he's not on Pen duty and with his goal output way down due to that everybody says he sucks?  My guess is it would be a big issue as every week would be "What happened to Bruno?" by the press since they're mainly morons.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2802 on: April 12, 2021, 05:28:02 pm »
Goals from open play are Rashford 10, Bruno 8 Cavini 7 and then a bunch with 4.  They'd be smart to get Kane even with his age but how long do you think it would be before Bruno is sulking since he's not on Pen duty and with his goal output way down due to that everybody says he sucks?  My guess is it would be a big issue as every week would be "What happened to Bruno?" by the press since they're mainly morons.

Plus what are the chances Kane would want the captaincy included in the deal?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2803 on: April 12, 2021, 05:54:05 pm »
Plus what are the chances Kane would want the captaincy included in the deal?

You think Maguire would have a problem with that?  I'd bet Slabhead worships the ground that Sir Harold of Kane walks on and would have no issue with that.  Probably clean his jock straps to boot.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2804 on: April 12, 2021, 06:06:03 pm »
Pedro Neto out for 6 months with a knee injury

that rules him out

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: April 12, 2021, 06:12:23 pm »

that rules him out
Shame that. Really talented player.

Think Silva the young forward gets harsh criticism on here by some.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: April 12, 2021, 06:46:10 pm »

that rules him out

Don’t think he’d have been a target but that’s rubbish for the kid.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2807 on: April 12, 2021, 07:01:22 pm »

That's only because of his fee which was clearly just a way for Mendes to get his yearly income.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2808 on: April 12, 2021, 07:24:24 pm »

you should know that’s just how it is on RAWK by now  ;D

Problem for Silva is, that a) he cost a lot, so that makes people look at a player with different expectations and b) he looks like that podgy kid who always gets picked last for the team in gym class.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: April 12, 2021, 08:37:19 pm »
What explains Lingard's resurgence at WHU? Was he always an above average player, or is the system at WHU set up for him to succeed?

Think he's a mid-table player in the midst of a purple patch, playing for a mid-table team that's in a purple patch of their own.

He had a similar streak in the 17/18 season from November-January where he scored 9 goals in like an 8 week span. Did f all before that and did f all after that, until February this season.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:40:06 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: April 13, 2021, 09:01:36 am »
Lingard has always had clever movement and composure in the box, combine that with the amount of space opposition teams give West Ham to attack and it's no real surprise the form he's in. It's still a purple patch and will even out, but think you'd see this a lot of players who step down from the big to small teams and all of sudden have 30-40 yards of space to run into every other attack.

Utd will do well and get about 20-30m for him in summer, whether they use well is another matter entirely. History says probably not.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: April 14, 2021, 12:08:27 am »
That's only because of his fee which was clearly just a way for Mendes to get his yearly income.
you should know that’s just how it is on RAWK by now  ;D

Problem for Silva is, that a) he cost a lot, so that makes people look at a player with different expectations and b) he looks like that podgy kid who always gets picked last for the team in gym class.
Can't blame him for the fee Wolves paid. Think he could turn out to be a good player. Leading the line at a premier league side at 18 isn't easy. Wolves aren't exactly a great attacking side this season. Needs a haircut though.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: April 14, 2021, 01:36:57 pm »
Paul Joyce says Everton want Max Aarons but Norwich value him at £30m.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/everton-weigh-up-deal-for-max-aarons-but-norwich-city-want-30m-3jwxgbq02

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2813 on: April 14, 2021, 04:59:41 pm »
Norwich will get promoted...

I’m not sure why they would sell really...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: April 14, 2021, 09:02:07 pm »
Norwich will get promoted...

I’m not sure why they would sell really...

He stuck with them when they went down and he’s got 3 years left. I think they owe it to him to allow him to search for better things, albeit Everton aren’t it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: April 20, 2021, 09:09:44 pm »
David Alaba is joining Real Madrid apparently, on a 5 year deal. I actually thought this was old news? Maybe i imagined it! But anyway, news just broken now by Sky Germany.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2816 on: April 21, 2021, 10:50:24 am »
Where is Real Madrid getting all this money from? Plus I hear they really want Mbappe. I thought they were broke?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: April 21, 2021, 12:01:46 pm »
Where is Real Madrid getting all this money from? Plus I hear they really want Mbappe. I thought they were broke?

there will always be plenty of lenders willing to give them more and more money.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: April 23, 2021, 10:16:23 am »

According to Tifo their debts aren't as urgent as Barcelona's.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: April 23, 2021, 04:14:45 pm »
Kayky to Man City, 10 m seems a good fee.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2820 on: April 23, 2021, 06:31:06 pm »
Kayky to Man City, 10 m seems a good fee.

If only they’d bother to do that when Yaya Toure was there.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: April 23, 2021, 06:58:53 pm »

;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2822 on: April 24, 2021, 09:30:42 am »

Haha superb.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2823 on: April 24, 2021, 03:20:40 pm »
I don't get it....

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2824 on: April 24, 2021, 03:45:45 pm »
I don't get it....

Either did Yaya.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: May 8, 2021, 04:46:27 pm »
Tap in merchant Romano saying Leicester close to getting Soumare from Lille.

Really good signing ... reckon that is Ndidi off?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2826 on: May 8, 2021, 11:34:46 pm »
Tap in merchant Romano saying Leicester close to getting Soumare from Lille.

Really good signing ... reckon that is Ndidi off?
Potentially. Maybe they just want an upgrade on the improved but still not brilliant Mendy. Leicester have been the best side in the league in the last 3 or 4 years at getting big fees for cheaply acquired players, so it wouldn’t surprise me to step aside and let Ndidi leave should the money be on the table. £70m - £80m you would think would do it.

I just don’t know who’d be going for him. He’d be great for Man City but they’re quite stocked there (unless they’re going in heavy on a Fernandinho replacement) but I can see it being Chelsea. All of a sudden Roman seems to be buying like it’s 2004 again, with relish. Both vile clubs.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2827 on: May 10, 2021, 06:10:46 pm »
Neymar extends his contract at PSG till 2025. This likely means Mbappe is on his way out, probably to Real Madrid.

Its kinda sad how Neymar's career has petered out. In 2015, he was at his peak at only 24 year old. I was expecting him to have multiple Ballon D'or by the age of 30. He won't even win one now as Mbappe/Haaland will dominate and even Messi is not quite done yet. The move to PSG was a bad one in retrospect with no benefit to anyone.

True North Strong

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: May 10, 2021, 07:59:36 pm »
Neymar extends his contract at PSG till 2025. This likely means Mbappe is on his way out, probably to Real Madrid.

Its kinda sad how Neymar's career has petered out. In 2015, he was at his peak at only 24 year old. I was expecting him to have multiple Ballon D'or by the age of 30. He won't even win one now as Mbappe/Haaland will dominate and even Messi is not quite done yet. The move to PSG was a bad one in retrospect with no benefit to anyone.
Ego. He’ll be better remembered as the name associated to the craziness of footballing transfers rather than anything he’s achieved. He’ll still be the world record signing for some time yet.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:38 am »
Ego. He’ll be better remembered as the name associated to the craziness of footballing transfers rather than anything he’s achieved. He’ll still be the world record signing for some time yet.

It is a record I could see never being broken. He cost almost a quarter of a billion euros, that’s hard to even fathom. Most of the people that could pay that are already involved in football and haven’t shown any inclination. Not even Abramovich or Mansour have got within shouting distance. Maybe Saudi Arabia will finally get involved and could break it but I reckon this might stand the test of time.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: May 11, 2021, 10:32:02 am »
It is a record I could see never being broken. He cost almost a quarter of a billion euros, that’s hard to even fathom. Most of the people that could pay that are already involved in football and haven’t shown any inclination. Not even Abramovich or Mansour have got within shouting distance. Maybe Saudi Arabia will finally get involved and could break it but I reckon this might stand the test of time.

What a glorious signing from a Liverpool perspective though. The absurd inflation of Neymar's fee meant the absurd inflation of Coutinho's fee, which eventually meant we transformed our defence and goalkeeper into the best 5 back in world football and won a Champions league and premier league. The oil clubs will stop us from winning as much as we should, but they also gave us the tools we needed to trounce them for 18 months. Happy days.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: May 11, 2021, 03:30:06 pm »

I'm not sure his career has "petered out" just yet.  It probably seems that way since nobody hears about him anymore but he's still one of the best players on the planet.  He just decided that having the ability to party and take time off throughout the year was more important then being remembered with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. 

It is a shame when you think about it. 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: May 12, 2021, 03:47:53 am »
I'm not sure his career has "petered out" just yet.  It probably seems that way since nobody hears about him anymore but he's still one of the best players on the planet.  He just decided that having the ability to party and take time off throughout the year was more important then being remembered with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. 

That aside, his biggest problem is his ability to stay fit. Since he's moved to PSG, he has yet to play more than 20 league games in a single season. 20 being his highest in his first season, 4 years ago. And in the same time period, he's only played 30 games overall once, again being in that first year.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: May 12, 2021, 12:44:31 pm »
That aside, his biggest problem is his ability to stay fit. Since he's moved to PSG, he has yet to play more than 20 league games in a single season. 20 being his highest in his first season, 4 years ago. And in the same time period, he's only played 30 games overall once, again being in that first year.

Yeah, very true.  I'm guessing his fitness levels have a lot to do with how serious he takes training.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: May 12, 2021, 12:55:26 pm »
I'm not sure his career has "petered out" just yet.  It probably seems that way since nobody hears about him anymore but he's still one of the best players on the planet.  He just decided that having the ability to party and take time off throughout the year was more important then being remembered with the likes of , Messi, Ronaldo, etc. 

Ironically what you're describing of Neymar is exactly what Ronaldinho did - after his elite three or four seasons he never reached levels that were worthy of remembering.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: May 12, 2021, 12:56:48 pm »
Ironically what you're describing of Neymar is exactly what Ronaldinho did - after his elite three or four seasons he never reached levels that were worthy of remembering.

Ronaldinho's peak was longer and better than Neymar's, and Ronaldinho went off the boil more than Neymar has so far.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: May 12, 2021, 02:06:04 pm »
Ronaldinho's peak was longer and better than Neymar's, and Ronaldinho went off the boil more than Neymar has so far.

I'd agree on both counts, but wouldn't necessarily rule out 100% that Neymar doesn't extend his peak

WOuldn't wager much though!

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2837 on: May 14, 2021, 01:07:30 am »

Neymar's style of play means he gets fouled a lot. He basically gets kicked all game in the French league. He was better off staying in Spain.

Also PSG need a better support cast if they are to win the CL. Their midfield except Verrati is average (and he is very injury prone as well) and the defense is just mid table PL level. They need to sell Mbappe (hopefully to us  ;D) and buy couple of defenders/midfielders. 
True North Strong

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2838 on: May 14, 2021, 02:32:07 am »
Neymar's style of play means he gets fouled a lot. He basically gets kicked all game in the French league. He was better off staying in Spain.

Also PSG need a better support cast if they are to win the CL. Their midfield except Verrati is average (and he is very injury prone as well) and the defense is just mid table PL level. They need to sell Mbappe (hopefully to us  ;D) and buy couple of defenders/midfielders. 
Neymar is shit. He does not get fouled more than Salah.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: May 14, 2021, 09:47:30 am »
Neymar is shit. He does not get fouled more than Salah.
Literally and statistically he does - a lot more. It's just that those statistics are bullshit and predicated on the bent refs in the Premier League.

Salah is one of the most manhandled footballers on the planet.

In other news, bastion of journalistic precision MEN reporting that City have decided that Grealish and Andre Silva are top targets this summer, with Lautaro and Declan Rice also under consideration. They're also reported to be considering exercising their option to bring Douglas Luiz back from Villa (their last opportunity to do so) or alternatively look at Sassuolo's Locatelli.

Manuel Locatelli is an interesting one, Man City aren't massive for dipping into Serie A, but he's one of the best deep lying midfielders in Serie A not at one of the top sides. Very tidy passer and sturdy defensive numbers. He is another Rodri though in my book and won't tear up any trees. I'd rather they did go for him than exercised their option to bring back the much more dynamic Douglas Luiz.