Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6723788 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Thought I'd start a new thread for our blue neighbours, seeing as the Roberto Martinez one is very little to with him at the moment and more to do with Everton and their fan base.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2018, 03:48:47 pm by SP »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: The Everton/FC Sexy - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:24:37 am »
Let me be the first to wish them a great season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:26:15 am »
That's very sporting of you.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:26:54 am »
Haha, good one mate :boxhead :lmao

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:41:25 am »
Think their going to find it much harder this season and I for one am going to fucking love it.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:45:37 am »
Well they spent their 4 year transfer budget to a player that doesnt make them stronger compared to last season so... :D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:53:12 am »
I think they'll do alright, they have a decent first 11. They should be aiming for 6th-8th and a good cup run. Lack of a striker (that they own) was their biggest weakness and they've addressed that with Lukaku even though he was way overpriced.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:53:35 am »
Think their going to find it much harder this season and I for one am going to fucking love it.

I tend to agree with this, with the extra EL games I think they might struggle. They've got a tough opening group of fixtures like us, so they could find themselves near the foot of the table if they don't hit the ground running.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 11:56:49 am »
I tend to agree with this, with the extra EL games I think they might struggle. They've got a tough opening group of fixtures like us, so they could find themselves near the foot of the table if they don't hit the ground running.

I think their defence will struggle the most.

It has very little depth. Inexperienced Stones and Alcaraz the backups to Jagielka and Distin. Stones could be a good player eventually, but at his age, it is hard to come in and play to the required level consistently at centreback. Alcaraz looked awful everytime he seemed to play last season. The Europa will mean Distin will have to be rotated carefully, so they will need one of them to really step up.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:04 pm »

It has very little depth. Inexperienced Stones and Alcaraz the backups to Jagielka and Distin. Stones could be a good player eventually, but at his age, it is hard to come in and play to the required level consistently at centreback. Alcaraz looked awful everytime he seemed to play last season. The Europa will mean Distin will have to be rotated carefully, so they will need one of them to really step up.

I agree that is their weakness. Surprised they're after another striker instead of addressing this problem and signing a good CB. They've signed that Galloway from MK Dons who can play as a CB, but I'd be surprised if he was ready to go straight into the first team at Everton

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »
Can't see Naismith having as good a season again and as Elzar says their defense is definitely going to struggle with more games.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:51 pm »
Well they spent their 4 year transfer budget to a player that doesnt make them stronger compared to last season so... :D

And if we hadn't have signed Lukaku, or someone of that ilk, we would've definitely slipped back compared to last season and have no chance of competing at the level we want to.

Now we have that chance.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »

We won 7 league matches in a row last season with Stones as one of our centre halves.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 12:05:16 pm »
I agree that is their weakness. Surprised they're after another striker instead of addressing this problem and signing a good CB. They've signed that Galloway from MK Dons who can play as a CB, but I'd be surprised if he was ready to go straight into the first team at Everton

At 18 I can't see him even being in the first team this year. A year in the u21s is what should be happening.

I'm also very confused about the hype over Besic. He has been playing in the Hungarian league, and seemed to be thrown out of HSV (I can't find why as I'm not too fluent in German), is his hype deserved or is it just World Cup mania that people are going from?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 12:07:15 pm »
They just need to add some numbers. So far they have replaced

Lukaku with Lukaku
Deulofeu with Atsu

and added Besic. They will likely have to play extra 10 or so games this season and half there squad is on the wrong side of 30. With no money left, they should just get in some loans and some cheapish players for 2-3m and supplement with youth players.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:19 pm »
We won 7 league matches in a row last season with Stones as one of our centre halves.

Do you not agree your defence is the weak link in your side or do you think you need strengthening upfront?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 12:09:24 pm »

Oh sound, you are sorted then ;)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
I'm also very confused about the hype over Besic. He has been playing in the Hungarian league, and seemed to be thrown out of HSV (I can't find why as I'm not too fluent in German), is his hype deserved or is it just World Cup mania that people are going from?

I know nothing of Besic. Apparently he kept Messi quiet in the WC. But then again Messi has been struggling with injuries and form for quite a while now, so if they have signed him off the back of that performance it could backfire on them. Saying that he could end up being brilliant for them.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:50 pm »
See them finishing anywhere 5th to 7th. Don't think they'll manage better, like Stones, like Barkley and Lukaku but don't see much else in their team. Think its more testament to Martinez what they have or will get this year
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 12:54:16 pm »
They'll finish 6th with no cups.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »
they'll finish no higher than 7th imo.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 01:42:36 pm »
Do you not agree your defence is the weak link in your side or do you think you need strengthening upfront?

We have a very settled back five, with a good depth of cover right across. It's also where some of our most promising youngsters are emerging. (Pre-season we've made some right silly cock-ups at the back, but hopefully that'll disappear as the players sharper up).

Our current issue is the lack of real quality backup for Lukaku and not having replaced Deulofeu.

Kone is a cripple. If he can get fit and chip in with anything close to 10 goals in all comps, it'd be a huge bonus. We need Lukaku to have a stormer to be honest.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 01:46:18 pm »
At 18 I can't see him even being in the first team this year. A year in the u21s is what should be happening.

It's partly because he's done well in pre season. He likes to get stuck in and has shown quick feet and a good passing range.

The hype is just classic football fan behaviour, he needs to do it consistently in a strong, competitive league.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 01:48:47 pm »
See them finishing anywhere 5th to 7th. Don't think they'll manage better, like Stones, like Barkley and Lukaku but don't see much else in their team. Think its more testament to Martinez what they have or will get this year

I also think 5th to 7th is likely, as it has been every season for most of the past decade.

I do, however, think you're underrating the quality we have across the board by saying you don't see much else in our team.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 01:50:55 pm »
Oh sound, you are sorted then ;)

Don't get me wrong mate, he's made a few silly cock-ups in pre season and has a lot to learn.

Still, I'm as confident as one can be about a lad that age in saying that he'll be a stalwart of the international side for many years.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:24 pm »
A level headed Toffee? crazy stuff how do you post on GOT. I read earlier takeaway Suarez goals and we would be relegated. ::)
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
If they get higher than 6th they've had a great season. Of course some of their fans are delusional but it just makes the excuses sweeter when they inevitably finish beneath us.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »
They won't do as well next season.. all their nearest rivals have strengthened, I fully expect Man United to ursurp the blues in the table. The EL games - playing on Thursday/Sunday will take its toll on players like Jagielka, Distin, Barry, Osman.

They'll be comfortable but nothing spectacular and can only hope that the long, long wait for a trophy continues for another year.  ;)
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »

;D

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 11:41:09 pm »
32m spent on 3 players so far. 2 of which who where already there.  At the minute losing Delufeou I'd say they are weaker than last year. 
Loan City again for the rest of this window
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »
They won't do as well next season.. all their nearest rivals have strengthened, I fully expect Man United to ursurp the blues in the table. The EL games - playing on Thursday/Sunday will take its toll on players like Jagielka, Distin, Barry, Osman.

They'll be comfortable but nothing spectacular and can only hope that the long, long wait for a trophy continues for another year.  ;)

Another 20 years will do.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 11:44:01 pm »
If they get higher than 6th they've had a great season. Of course some of their fans are delusional but it just makes the excuses sweeter when they inevitably finish beneath us.

Inevitably (likely would be better) is over egging the pudding a tad. Let's not forget that we finished above you in 2011/12-2012/13.

Still, you've looked very dangerous in pre-season. That Henderson goal against Dortmund demonstrated some beautiful football.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 11:49:36 pm »
32m spent on 3 players so far. 2 of which who where already there.  At the minute losing Delufeou I'd say they are weaker than last year. 
Loan City again for the rest of this window

Gibson being back and bringing in Besic means we're stronger in the middle. Hopefully the Atsu rumours are true, that would replace Deulofeu (who did only score 4 goals).

This whole idea that we've spent money to not improve is looking at it in a harsh light imo. We had to spend that money to not slip back hugely! (and have improved our squad significantly as opposed to at the start of the transfer window)

Our improvement on last season proper will hopefully come through the progression of our younger players and Martinez having had more time to weave his magic. Better luck with long term injuries would be nice too.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 11:55:08 pm »
Spot the difference:

Everton v Porto 19,757

Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund 43,980

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:39 am »
Spot the difference:

Everton v Porto 19,757

There were cheap flights from Norway that week?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 12:17:16 am »
Gibson being back and bringing in Besic means we're stronger in the middle. Hopefully the Atsu rumours are true, that would replace Deulofeu (who did only score 4 goals).

This whole idea that we've spent money to not improve is looking at it in a harsh light imo. We had to spend that money to not slip back hugely! (and have improved our squad significantly as opposed to at the start of the transfer window)

Our improvement on last season proper will hopefully come through the progression of our younger players and Martinez having had more time to weave his magic. Better luck with long term injuries would be nice too.

At the time of posting your squad is weaker or at best the same.  Deulofeu may have only scored 4, but he was a threat of the bench with his pace.  Who knows how Atsu will turn out. From what I saw of him at Porto his final ball is poor.
Gibson maybe like a new signing, but will he be the same player after that injury? Yes you've got Besic.  But starting 3 in the middle will still be Barkley, McCarthy and Barry. Gibson and Besic haven't strengthed your first 11.  I still stand by my point you've spent 32m but are any stronger. Where as everyone else around has got stronger. Everton will do well to finish in the top 6. 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:48 am »
Spot the difference:

Everton v Porto 19,757

19,757 local scousers

43,980 Day tripping wools.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 12:27:10 am »
At the time of posting your squad is weaker or at best the same.  Deulofeu may have only scored 4, but he was a threat of the bench with his pace.  Who knows how Atsu will turn out. From what I saw of him at Porto his final ball is poor.
Gibson maybe like a new signing, but will he be the same player after that injury? Yes you've got Besic.  But starting 3 in the middle will still be Barkley, McCarthy and Barry. Gibson and Besic haven't strengthed your first 11.  I still stand by my point you've spent 32m but are any stronger. Where as everyone else around has got stronger. Everton will do well to finish in the top 6. 

I think our squad is stronger (lost Deulofeu, brought in Besic, Gibson back, Oviedo and Kone close, youngsters promoted), but not our first XI. 

The same is true of Liverpool ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:47:28 am by TomDixie »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 02:14:59 am »
I think our squad is stronger (lost Deulofeu, brought in Besic, Gibson back, Oviedo and Kone close, youngsters promoted), but not our first XI. 

The same is true of Liverpool ;)
You might be marginally deeper, but with all 6 other top 7 teams strengthening more than you its gonna be tough. Then consider that Newcastle were fighting it out for top 6 until they sold Cabaye in January and have strengthened well with De Jong, Janmaat, and Cabella among others and they will be in the mix with you too.

I reckon Stoke will also stay in the mix for top 7-8 in the first half of the season too given that they have great early fixtures and they've made some smart signings that have looked good in pre-season (Bojan, Diouf, Sidwell, and Ireland looks good too again). Last season they had the 4th best defense in home games and most of their early home fixtures are against bottom dwellers which should see them put some good points up.

Likewise Palace should continue as they finished and might make a strong push to solidify their position in the top half on the back of their strong defense.

I think Southampton will also surprise some people this season too despite the sales. Pelle, Tadic, Bertrand, and Forster are really strong additions, and if they can get another CB in to partner Fonte (rumoured to be Rojo) they could be stronger than expected.

In contrast, Everton's start is brutal so you could be looking at lingering as low as 10th or 11th by late October without a great start. I'd still fancy you to get 7th but its not as obvious as many assume it to be, with the drain of Thursday night Europa League football being to your detriment (as it has been for many teams throughout the years, most recently Spurs last year who fell completely away in the top 4 hunt as soon as the EL kicked in again in February).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:18:20 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 03:18:56 am »
19,757 local scousers
That's a very small fraction, no?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released