Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607253 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #1920 on: February 14, 2018, 11:25:11 am »
To think if David Moyes saw out his contract at Manchester United, he'd still have one more year to go. :lmao

:lmao thats brilliant
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1921 on: February 14, 2018, 11:47:59 am »
This cheered me up no end  ;D

The phrase "haters gonna hate" is too "banal" to be copyrighted, a US judge has declared.

Judge Michael W Fitzgerald made the comments while dismissing a copyright case against Taylor Swift.

"The lynchpin of this entire case is thus whether or not the lyrics 'Playas, they gonna play, and haters, they gonna hate' are eligible for protection," he wrote.

"In the early 2000s, popular culture was adequately suffused with the concepts of players and haters to render the phrases 'playas… gonna play' or 'haters… gonna hate', standing on their own, no more creative than 'runners gonna run'; 'drummers gonna drum'; or 'swimmers gonna swim.'

"The concept of actors acting in accordance with their essential nature is not at all creative; it is banal.

"The allegedly infringed lyrics are short phrases that lack the modicum of originality and creativity required for copyright protection,"

Hats off Judge Fitzgerald...hats off
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1922 on: February 14, 2018, 07:39:30 pm »
The realisation that all three members of that band "Fun" are in their mid-30s now. Ha! Fuckers. Not so young NOW are youse! :wave

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1923 on: February 15, 2018, 02:59:01 am »
Food
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1924 on: February 15, 2018, 11:05:41 am »
The realisation that all three members of that band "Fun" are in their mid-30s now. Ha! Fuckers. Not so young NOW are youse! :wave

Never heard of them, so I'm old.

On a lighter note, just looked up their musical contribution and not having heard of them makes me happy!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1925 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:57 pm »
Stealing peoples pens in work
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1926 on: February 15, 2018, 09:47:37 pm »
This ad cracked me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uAbrQC08Y

Any mod who knows the mystical art of youtube embedding can feel free to edit

(Like this - <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D-uAbrQC08Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D-uAbrQC08Y</a> ?)

Cheers 24/7 - I will try to learn these ways
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:25:14 am by Mumm-Ra »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: February 15, 2018, 10:55:40 pm »
Stealing peoples pens in work

If people steal my pens it seriously effects my livelihood and its should be an arrestable offence with serious punishment attached.....

Life as fucking Pig farmer eh. :no

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: February 16, 2018, 08:20:02 am »
If people steal my pens it seriously effects my livelihood and its should be an arrestable offence with serious punishment attached.....

;D

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1929 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:43 am »
Going out on my bike. Im desperate for spring. Desperate. Need the salt to be washed away. Dissolves my bikes, so I avoid those periods.

Yeah, yeah. I dont ride in winter. Ive done my time riding bikes in all weathers. I dont need it now at my age (52). I can and do walk to work.

Going Flat Tracking in a couple of weeks.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: February 16, 2018, 08:56:06 am »
Going out on my bike. Im desperate for spring. Desperate. Need the salt to be washed away. Dissolves my bikes, so I avoid those periods.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

For it to warm up. Not bothered about the salt, but cold, dark, wet, freezing, windy weather can fuck off.

Forecast is good for this weekend. 9 C and mostly dry, just like summer. Hopefully get two good days in. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: February 16, 2018, 09:58:56 am »

Yeah, yeah. I dont ride in winter. Ive done my time riding bikes in all weathers. I dont need it now at my age (52). I can and do walk to work.

Going Flat Tracking in a couple of weeks.

I did 3 winters on my R1, bike didn't thank me for it. A year ago, due to the wife and father in law, got a nice comfy X Type.

Wife hates me riding due to us having young kids, so she's managed to take a lot of the fun out of it for me. This year I'm planning on getting the R1 out more and doing Sunday morning rides.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1932 on: February 16, 2018, 10:41:19 am »
I'm lucky in that Mrs Boots knows I need 2-wheels and doesnt moan/worry about it. Even when Ive been smashed up. I dont ride as much as I used to and have tempered my throttle accordingly. Mostly. Ahem. I ride Ducati's. Ive two. An old 916 and a new 1299S. The latter is bonkers and is too much in slippery conditions, despite the electronics. The 916 is dripping in magnesium parts and that just dissolves in salt. I hate salt, it destroyed an old Katana I had once, when I had no choice but to commute on it thru winter. So nowadays, I just dont ride in winter. If I did, I'd buy a shitter. Besides Ive a car.

Ive done my time, mainly on lambrettas, riding in winter. Including two up during 87 hurricane down to Newquay for a rally. Which included 3 crashes due to wind, stranded at Fleet services due to power cut for a few hours and narrowly avoiding an oncoming wheels that fell off a jag. Bounced in front of us and behind us. Running outta gas on marlborough heath during wee small hours, sleeping on side of road and finding a fucking 24hr only 1/2mile further along road in morning. The pair of us had gaffa taped bin liners on us all weekend. Cold, wet and freezing. The fucking things you do for a piss up and a dance when your in your 20's.

I love bikes and would die without one.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1933 on: February 16, 2018, 11:25:23 am »

You're no pig farmer, stop telling porkies!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: February 16, 2018, 12:03:34 pm »
Trying to insert new words into assignments just for shits and giggles.

apotheosis: (supreme example)
For example, Dele Alli is the current apotheosis of a diving, cheating shitweasel.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1935 on: February 17, 2018, 07:05:34 am »
When you find an old photo of yourself looking cool as fuck.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: February 17, 2018, 11:13:53 am »
I'm lucky in that Mrs Boots knows I need 2-wheels and doesnt moan/worry about it. Even when Ive been smashed up. I dont ride as much as I used to and have tempered my throttle accordingly. Mostly. Ahem. I ride Ducati's. Ive two. An old 916 and a new 1299S. The latter is bonkers and is too much in slippery conditions, despite the electronics. The 916 is dripping in magnesium parts and that just dissolves in salt. I hate salt, it destroyed an old Katana I had once, when I had no choice but to commute on it thru winter. So nowadays, I just dont ride in winter. If I did, I'd buy a shitter. Besides Ive a car.

Ive done my time, mainly on lambrettas, riding in winter. Including two up during 87 hurricane down to Newquay for a rally. Which included 3 crashes due to wind, stranded at Fleet services due to power cut for a few hours and narrowly avoiding an oncoming wheels that fell off a jag. Bounced in front of us and behind us. Running outta gas on marlborough heath during wee small hours, sleeping on side of road and finding a fucking 24hr only 1/2mile further along road in morning. The pair of us had gaffa taped bin liners on us all weekend. Cold, wet and freezing. The fucking things you do for a piss up and a dance when your in your 20's.

I love bikes and would die without one.

Nice choice in bikes. As well as the R1, I've a battered RRN FireBlade that is in bits all over the garage that I intend to get back together at some point, just a nightmare finding the time.

My missus knows I'll never sell the bikes, but she flaps every time I go out, which annoys me A LOT.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: February 17, 2018, 11:54:03 am »
When you find an old photo of yourself looking cool as fuck.
Post it or stfu! ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: February 17, 2018, 01:13:52 pm »
Post it or stfu! ;D

I remember how that ends...photoshopped into all kinds of nonsense...not going to risk it :P

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: February 17, 2018, 01:21:53 pm »
I remember how that ends...photoshopped into all kinds of nonsense...not going to risk it :P

Think I've got a copy...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: February 17, 2018, 01:47:43 pm »
Think I've got a copy...

Haha! That makes me happy :D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: February 17, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »

But it might make us all happy.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: February 17, 2018, 05:16:54 pm »
But it might make us all happy.
I guarantee it would make Capon happy ;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: February 17, 2018, 10:06:09 pm »
Finally getting my dog Lucas to venture out for a walk in the dark after being spooked on new years eve from fireworks.

Good lad [emoji847]

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1944 on: February 17, 2018, 10:39:43 pm »
I guarantee it would make Capon happy ;D
Which, in turn, would make us all happy!  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: February 18, 2018, 09:55:49 pm »
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1947 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:02 am »
Nice choice in bikes. As well as the R1, I've a battered RRN FireBlade that is in bits all over the garage that I intend to get back together at some point, just a nightmare finding the time.

My missus knows I'll never sell the bikes, but she flaps every time I go out, which annoys me A LOT.

Those old blades will fetch some reasonable money. Nice bikes. Classics even. But time I agree on that, ive none eitehr. Ive an old Vespa Rally 200 languishing in my garage that had I been 20 and there was a rally next week, Id have that finished and roadworthy in a few hours. But I can bring myself to even look at the thing. It can languish there for another 25yrs. I need to install some heating in garage and a bike lift. Im too old for all that kneeling down malarkey.

I wanted to go out for a blast this saturday, but had new boiler fitted instead. All this responsible adult stuff grates on me. I did fire up the 1299 though, I'd forgotten how fucking loud it is. But it was nice and wifey moaning that I smelt of fumes afterwards was a joy. Nearly spring. Yay!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:50 am »
Yeah, I'm the same, I'd be out in the garden in the dark and snow, freezing cold, working on the bike or mates cars when I was a kid, now I need to be warm and dry.

I'm having a month on the sick (I'm already 12 days into it!!!!), kids were off school all last week so didn't get anything done, but did order a small propane heater. Plan is to clear a lot of crap out of the garage and order a bike lift which will be delivered while I'm home. Hopefully then I can get cracking.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1949 on: February 19, 2018, 10:10:03 am »
the crumlin shopping centre facebook page
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1950 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:36 am »
A whole month off sick? Wow. get better soon. Dont think Ive had an entire month off work in my lifetime due to sickness.

Note that a propane heater will increase moisture in the garage. Thus when switched off you may get increased condensation appear on all the cold surfaces. ie your bikes. I found that out with a paraffin heater.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: February 19, 2018, 11:25:26 am »
I'm off with anxiety and depression, so I'm targeting a month. I had 6 weeks off with a slipped disc a few years ago and my record is 2 and a half years off - had a good excuse for that, needed heart surgery. Worst thing during that time was a mate got a new 916 and I was that ill I too weak to push it about, so I only managed a short ride on it, I got a lot better run on the 851 with Carbon Termis he had a year before - now that was LOUD.

Yeah I'm in the tool hire game, so well used to space heaters. I only intend to give it a quick blast to take the chill off, hopefully I wont get too much condensation. I've a dehumidifier in there now so that should help (fingers crossed)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1952 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:52 am »
Feeling down in the dumps a bit then reading the RAWK depression thread and reading some of the thoughts and view points and instantly tried meditation to feel a bit better.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1953 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:53 am »
This made me feel happy this morning.

National Geographic’s Photo of the year!

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: February 21, 2018, 10:30:06 am »

It’s good to see the shark from JAWS found a career in modelling after the movies.

*it is a beautiful photo.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:13 am »
Asking the kids I am working with to do their own X-Factor show here in the school (Lockenhaus, Austria) and, when one group is struggling for inspiration for something silly/funny, remembering THIS...........

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Iwb4G9b7j8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Iwb4G9b7j8</a>

...........and getting them to agree to do it :lmao

(Cool tattoo by the way - am gonna get that done........)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:04 am »

Thanks for posting that  :) fantastic picture.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1957 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:12 pm »
Jesus, that shark pic is incredible! Imagine minding your own business in your little fishing bit and then seeing that!

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1958 on: February 21, 2018, 02:23:43 pm »
Holy fucking shit. Thank fuck I never signed on to the Navy and went to Uni instead. Jeez.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:48 pm »

If you were the seal you wouldn't be happy. ;)

Fantastic picture, amazing to think an animal of that size can breach like that.