Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3305917 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #23960 on: July 23, 2020, 03:52:00 pm »
Excellent review show too

:wellin

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #23961 on: July 23, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »
Just reliving the trophy lift with last night's Pink. :lickin

Almost walked straight into a ditch as Hendo lifted it and the place erupted.

Would have been brilliantly ironic to be screaming "FUCKING GET IN" to myself, in a field with the dog, whilst falling arse over tit into a dike.

Great listen though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #23962 on: July 24, 2020, 03:49:29 pm »
The website is dreadful, isn't it? How do you even log into TAW player through the website? Normally listen through the app but want to listen through my computer today whilst doing some work and I can't seem to see the paid content.

Premium content > Podcasts and the Pink isn't there. :/

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: I can subscribe again but can't log in haha!

Hi Ciara, the website is awful - we know that, sorry! It is the bane of my life. If you go to premium content, then podcasts, click to sign in. Once signed in for some reason it goes back to the home page, then click premium and then podcasts again and a player this time will show with all the shows. Honestly, i know.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23963 on: July 25, 2020, 11:45:29 am »
This week's pink is up there with Fulham away 2014 and dortmund at home. Couldn't stop smiling and everything felt so pure and genuine. Good weekender too. Roy Evans was the first manager I remember and the 96-7 side never got the credit it deserved. Probably because it had only been a few years since winning the league. So was good to hear Ste Evans on and talking about his dad who is sometimes an almost forgotten icon of the club. Hope he enjoyed that one
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23964 on: July 26, 2020, 12:56:42 pm »
Would have been interesting to hear Sean Rogers expand on his point that Liverpool could go ‘one of two ways’ which he raised on the Review.

My assumption is he’s referring to the psychological impact of finally winning the league rather than the direction of travel of the club itself, but that’s just my guess based on the fact that he often references things like that.

Would be interesting to have a show on this subject.

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #23965 on: July 26, 2020, 06:10:07 pm »
Would have been interesting to hear Sean Rogers expand on his point that Liverpool could go ‘one of two ways’ which he raised on the Review.

My assumption is he’s referring to the psychological impact of finally winning the league rather than the direction of travel of the club itself, but that’s just my guess based on the fact that he often references things like that.

Not sure how many other ways there are to go in faurnwss6

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #23966 on: July 26, 2020, 10:39:05 pm »

I assume it is a psychological factor that he is referencing. There's no squad-related reason as to why Liverpool would drop off a cliff. The key point is whether the spirit and momentum sustain within the group of players.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23967 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:47 am »
Nice to see Carl Koppack on the post match pint - lovely chap. Hiya mate if you lurk on here.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #23968 on: July 28, 2020, 03:00:02 am »
The first 25 minutes of the latest podcast ("Record Breakers") sounds like four  whiny dudes in a chatroom slagging off Divock Origi, who coincidentally scored an outstanding goal to put us ahead yesterday before Klopp sent in the Calgary.  Neil tried to mention something positive before letting the other three loose on Divock, but overall it was still pretty awful and depressing. A girl commenting on the YouTube channel made the excellent point that we might need Divock for those times when the slick passing and "pretty football"  isn't working, like an Atletico away for example. She's since deleted her comment. Such a shame, because if there is one thing missing from this chat room, and the general discussion surrounding Origi`s future at the club, it's balance.

Divock doesn't play often enough to master the pass mastery of the front 3. This requires time which he'll probably never get from Klopp. Who else is going to be "better" than Divock but be okay with sitting on the bench months on end without sulking and destroying the team dynamic? On top of that Klopp often plays him out of position. He's a straight up centre forward who's always being asked to play as a winger. He's not as gifted as Mané or Firmino but who is? Does that really make him a "mid-table" footballer? The disrespect is unbelievable!  So because he's not been the same since  the injury against Everton a couple years ago it's okay now to shit on him the day after he scores a match winner?

There is a specific role for Divock in the squad, which is why Klopp gave him a contract last year. So  I find the whole "we should have sold him after Madrid" / "He's not good enough for the club" thing quite frankly disrespectful to both the player and the manager. It's okay if some people feel that and express it, but why must every single member of a discussion panel have the exact same opinion?! If Klopp thinks he needs Divock, then why are fans so eager to show him the door?

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23969 on: July 28, 2020, 08:41:23 am »
The first 25 minutes of the latest podcast ("Record Breakers") sounds like four  whiny dudes in a chatroom slagging off Divock Origi, who coincidentally scored an outstanding goal to put us ahead yesterday before Klopp sent in the Calgary.  Neil tried to mention something positive before letting the other three loose on Divock, but overall it was still pretty awful and depressing. A girl commenting on the YouTube channel made the excellent point that we might need Divock for those times when the slick passing and "pretty football"  isn't working, like an Atletico away for example. She's since deleted her comment. Such a shame, because if there is one thing missing from this chat room, and the general discussion surrounding Origi`s future at the club, it's balance.

Divock doesn't play often enough to master the pass mastery of the front 3. This requires time which he'll probably never get from Klopp. Who else is going to be "better" than Divock but be okay with sitting on the bench months on end without sulking and destroying the team dynamic? On top of that Klopp often plays him out of position. He's a straight up centre forward who's always being asked to play as a winger. He's not as gifted as Mané or Firmino but who is? Does that really make him a "mid-table" footballer? The disrespect is unbelievable!  So because he's not been the same since  the injury against Everton a couple years ago it's okay now to shit on him the day after he scores a match winner?

There is a specific role for Divock in the squad, which is why Klopp gave him a contract last year. So  I find the whole "we should have sold him after Madrid" / "He's not good enough for the club" thing quite frankly disrespectful to both the player and the manager. It's okay if some people feel that and express it, but why must every single member of a discussion panel have the exact same opinion?! If Klopp thinks he needs Divock, then why are fans so eager to show him the door?
Management theory (and practice) shows that no team performs optimally if all you have are A++ members of the team - sounds weird and counter-intuitive, but it's true - you need the middle of the of road, the B and C tier team members because those are the people willing, able and eager to do the jobs that need doing that the A++ players aren't.

Many years ago I participated in a work simulation exercise (simulated a 12 month project) where you populated a virtual team from a central pool in competition with other teams - we had a top exec as part of our team who insisted on nabbing all the A++ resources - by the time we hit month 5 in the simulation we could see that we were stuffed - we had all the best resources, cashflow issues, and no one to do the grunt work that the expensive resources were not suited for - :lmao - ended up having those resources 'poached' by other teams by month 7 and ended stone last in the simulation.

That said, Divock is an immensely frustrating player - Sunday's game was a perfect example - he was genuinely terrible up until the point where he pulled that goal out of nowhere :lmao

So, while I understand where the slagging off comes from, it must be balanced out with the recognition that Klopp knows better than us and has retained him because of that - Jurgen does not strike one as being sentimental when it comes to personnel - Divock remains a part of the team because Jurgen has a role for him that no one else fulfills.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23970 on: July 28, 2020, 09:08:43 am »
Really enjoyed both of yesterdays podcasts. Great contributors to both.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #23971 on: July 28, 2020, 09:18:55 am »
Management theory (and practice) shows that no team performs optimally if all you have are A++ members of the team - sounds weird and counter-intuitive, but it's true - you need the middle of the of road, the B and C tier team members because those are the people willing, able and eager to do the jobs that need doing that the A++ players aren't.

Many years ago I participated in a work simulation exercise (simulated a 12 month project) where you populated a virtual team from a central pool in competition with other teams - we had a top exec as part of our team who insisted on nabbing all the A++ resources - by the time we hit month 5 in the simulation we could see that we were stuffed - we had all the best resources, cashflow issues, and no one to do the grunt work that the expensive resources were not suited for - :lmao - ended up having those resources 'poached' by other teams by month 7 and ended stone last in the simulation.

That said, Divock is an immensely frustrating player - Sunday's game was a perfect example - he was genuinely terrible up until the point where he pulled that goal out of nowhere :lmao

So, while I understand where the slagging off comes from, it must be balanced out with the recognition that Klopp knows better than us and has retained him because of that - Jurgen does not strike one as being sentimental when it comes to personnel - Divock remains a part of the team because Jurgen has a role for him that no one else fulfills.

Thank you for responding with some sound arguments. A well-reasoned discussion this. Yeah, like I said ... Balance.  I agree that Divock can be really frustrating at times, but that's not a good enough reason to universally dump on him. Sure, there is a drop off in quality when injury takes one of the front three out and Divock goes in but it's not like he's a Pogba pulling in 350G a week while doing not much. He makes modest money (in footballers terms) and is a valued  member of the team. Klopp knows his role and what he brings to it better than we do.

Was so outraged listening to this podcast last night I nearly unsubscribed, but with TAW ... I've been a listener since the early days when it was just Neil and John. Gareth Roberts is a superstar. Love Lizzie too. Can't imagine life without them now.  ;D

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23972 on: July 28, 2020, 09:29:21 am »
Thank you for responding with some sound arguments. A well-reasoned discussion this. Yeah, like I said ... Balance.  I agree that Divock can be really frustrating at times, but that's not a good enough reason to universally dump on him. Sure, there is a drop off in quality when injury takes one of the front three out and Divock goes in but it's not like he's a Pogba pulling in 350G a week while doing not much. He makes modest money (in footballers terms) and is a valued  member of the team. Klopp knows his role and what he brings to it better than we do.

Was so outraged listening to this podcast last night I nearly unsubscribed, but with TAW ... I've been a listener since the early days when it was just Neil and John. Gareth Roberts is a superstar. Love Lizzie too. Can't imagine life without them now.  ;D
:scarf
Yep, balance is key.
wrt to TAW, yeah, also been following since the early days - part of my football fabric now.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #23973 on: July 28, 2020, 10:09:38 am »
We've just dropped our interview with James Milner, so that's two out of the our three 'Champions Of Everything' interviews out so far.....
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23974 on: July 28, 2020, 10:10:57 am »
We've just dropped our interview with James Milner, so that's two out of the our three 'Champions Of Everything' interviews out so far.....

Brilliant stuff, know what I'll be listening to then.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23975 on: July 28, 2020, 10:30:27 am »

Brilliant, great content!!

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23976 on: July 29, 2020, 01:35:27 am »
See Mike Nevin having a few digs in Twitter the other day. Not sure there was any need, to be honest

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23977 on: July 29, 2020, 09:37:46 am »

Great interview that, really enjoyed it.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23978 on: July 29, 2020, 10:17:16 am »

To be fair I don't think anyone on that podcast said that we should have sold him after Madrid - rather, it was touched on that his goals per minutes/games this season (I can't remember which,) is the best in the squad - that alone tells you that his contribution this season has been valid.

Whilst I take the point that it isn't the easiest to find a better option than Origi who is happy to be benched, I'd take the fact that we were after Werner as a pretty clear indication that Klopp is looking to improve in that respect as, with a 4th option ahead of him, you would imagine that Origi would be looking to leave. I think, in terms of a better 4th striker option, the aim is likely to get someone who is willing to be initially benched but who can grow into the role and become a main stay of the front three (or forward line depending on whether our tactics evolve,) in a couple of years - that plainly isn't ever going to be Origi.

I don't think that anyone is arguing that Origi fulfills a specific role and I certainly don't think that anyone is arguing that Origi wasn't good value for a new contract last season. But I think its important to remember that we don't necessarily give players new deals under the expectation that they will see that deal out - in Origi's case, his value was never going to be higher than it was this time last year, so a new deal to protect that makes sense - I'd argue that, were it not for COVID, that his value wouldn't have depreciated much, if it all, since then as he has, as I said, made a valid contribution since last season.

My honest instinct is that if we can get a decent offer for Origi, that we'll sell him and we'll try to replace him. He's had a great time here but the club is a different animal to the one he joined. If we're looking for more European Cups and league titles then I feel that this is the kind of area we need to be improving in and one which we certainly can improve in. I think that's all anyone is trying to say.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #23979 on: July 29, 2020, 12:22:56 pm »
Amazing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_dx2meZQHJ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_dx2meZQHJ0</a>
:D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23980 on: July 29, 2020, 12:26:47 pm »
Typical that the one video I use my tokens to buy they then put out for free anyway! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #23981 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:41 pm »
Amazing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_dx2meZQHJ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_dx2meZQHJ0</a>

"A lad who came through the Genk academy hates Everton more than me"
"They've not had a Christmas dinner these lot - I'm not having it!"

Brilliant.

That's a superb video though, very, very well done. The last two or three minutes had me really emotional again. The look on John and Neil's faces when they realise it's done during the Chelsea-City game. Unbelievable. Completely agree with Jay as well in that he didn't know what it would feel like, I don't think anyone of our generation did, but 'happiness' is probably it. Simple and absolutely true. I thought I'd be more emotional than I was, in truth. There were no tears. I thought there might well be. The parade hasn't been yet though. That's the bit that will get me.
Twitter | Blog

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23982 on: July 29, 2020, 02:53:18 pm »
Great video. Love Neil Docking's post match joyous rants! ;D

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23983 on: July 30, 2020, 12:21:24 pm »
Good to hear Martin Fitz back on the Post Match Show after Newcastle. Always enjoyed his contributions.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #23984 on: July 30, 2020, 12:26:52 pm »
Had a go at 'The Benitez Game', just for a laugh.

Started out with the folllowing positions and caveats for each:

• GK - Focus on second or third choice. Replacement for Lonergan, or a step up on Adrian.
  • LB - Willing to be back-up for Robertson, as such, likely someone at either end of their career.
  • CB - Third or fourth choice. The lovren replacement. As above, likely someone at either end of their career. Ideally can play left side.
  • CM - Think we're pretty well stocked in this area. Ideally someone in an age bracket beneath the current core starters.
  • Wide Attacker - Competition / Cover for Mane and Salah. Need to have pace.
  • CF - Competition / Cover for Bobby. Need the core attributes and ability to fit the system. Open to the option of a slightly different style

Okay, so having reviewed confirmed squad lists for 19/20 (here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777) I've ended up with the following:

GK
  • Tom Heaton
  • Sergio Romero
  • Ben Foster

Romero might be the best second choice 'keeper in the division, and one who is seemingly content with that role. He'd be a step up on Adrian, for me. Ben Foster at 37 and having just been relegated might be open to a similar role with the best team in the world, ala Carson at City, and would bring with him a wealth of experience. Still decent as well and seems like a decent fella. Heaton is a bit of a wildcard. He'd be a very good back-up. Might well have higher aspirations than that though.

There aren't many realistic options across the division here.

LB
  • Kieran Tierney
  • Bukayo Saka
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko
  • Jamal Lewis
  • Cesar Azpilicueta
  • Ryan Bertrand
  • Ryan Sessegnon
  • Ruben Vinagre

Liked the shout for Tierney potentially being an option to step in at LCB. Would be some sell to get him to move away from a pretty nailed on starting berth at Arsenal at this stage though. Saka is the one from this list, I think. Did he sign a new contract yet, by the way? Vinagre surprised me how young he was. Only 21. Good player. Azpilcueta would offer cover across the line, but I'd worry a little bit about his legs in our system if i'm honest. Does the versatility and experience make up for that? Not sure. Sessegnon, Saka and Tierney could also potentially be sold on getting minutes in multiple positions/roles.

CB
  • Nathan Ake
  • Lewis Dunk
  • Fikayo Tomori
  • Kurt Zouma
  • Mason Holgate
  • John Stones
  • Davinson Sanchez
  • Japhet Tanganga
  • Willy Boly

Gone mainly for a younger profile here, for the most part. Tomori, Tanganga or Holgate could all come in as 3rd or 4th choice with designs on pushing up that list. Boly and Dunk have both played left side and both are pretty dominant aerially, which would be helpful if you're looking at someone to cover Van Dijk. Zouma and Sanchez have got brilliant physical attributes, not least pace, which fits well with the way we play, and i'd back our coaching staff to get more from them than we've seen up to now. Stones is a bit of a wildcard. Out of favour at City, still a good age, good on the ball, and another I'd back us to improve.

CM
  • Grealish
  • Kovacic
  • Kante
  • De Bruyne
  • B. Silva
  • Foden
  • Fernandes

I like the way that Grealish has handled the pressure on him at Villa this season. Good player too and I could see him in the Chamberlain role with us, driving through the lines. Would need to sort the Peaky Blinders barnet out though. I'm curious about the evolution of our team from here and what that entails for the midfield. Do we look to progress more towards the City model, in pulling traditional number tens back into that area a little more? Certainly in those games against the bottom 10-12 there's a case for it, I think. If we were thinking of something like that then Silva or Foden would work, De Bruyne obviously too, and I think Kovacic is really good footballer. Bit of a Gini, but younger. Fernandes looks a player too, annoyingly.

Wide Attacker
  • Christian Pulisic
  • Riyad Mahrez
  • Leroy Sane
  • Raheem Sterling
  • Anthony Martial
  • Marcus Rashford
  • Mason Greenwood
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Gerard Deulofeu
  • Ismaila Sarr
  • Richarlison

Plenty of options here that I think would improve us. Deulofeu might seem a bit of a wild shout but I like him. Consistency is the issue, which might be enough to scrub him from the list. But is he a step up from Origi and Chamberlain in a wide forward role? Yes. Amazingly still only 25 as well. His team-mate, Sarr, would be my Watford preference though. Get a pal in for Mane who just happens to have a tonne of potential. Greenwood looks like a star in the making. Don't half wish he was scouse and following Jones through into the squad with us. Pulisic is starting to show what he's about, and Sterling needs no introduction. All of these have the pace that I think we need in those wide areas.

CF
  • Abraham
  • Calvert-Lewin
  • Jesus
  • Ings
  • Antonio
  • Jimenez

I've added and removed half of this list several times. Solanke makes me cautious of young Chelsea strikers, albeit I think Abraham has done well this season and might be pretty good. More than just a hold-up player. Calvert-Lewin I was not at all convinced over not too long ago but I think he's come on really well in recent months as well. A bit like Abraham, he'd offer a bit more of a physical presence, without losing the mobility that you need in our forward line. Ings is great you know. Thought he was a good fit for us when we had him, but the question was whether the injuries had curtailed him a little bit. He's proven that isn't the case. Four of my six here are pretty physical strikers, which is funny because I'm instinctively opposed to those types of lads, albeit that's a by-product of having watched the likes of Benteke lumbering about like a big, immobile lump. These lads are mobile, which is the difference. Jimenez too I really like. Scores goals. Older than you think though at 29.

Overall, if I could have one of these this summer, it's probably Sterling. Give me a second and it's a toss up between Tierney and Saka.

Good game though, this. Enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:58:44 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #23985 on: July 30, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »
Good game though, this.
Yeah I enjoyed it.  Makes all the difference having a core of big hitters on together.  Really focuses that what a podcast like this is selling is a gang of virtual mates, more than anything else.  One core member shepherding a bunch of new guys really isn’t the same thing.

But my main takeaway is that, other than a couple of relegated lads maybe, we’ll be doing our shopping abroad for the foreseeable.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23986 on: July 30, 2020, 02:50:28 pm »
See Mike Nevin having a few digs in Twitter the other day. Not sure there was any need, to be honest
Whats happened with him? Never on the show anymore?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23987 on: July 30, 2020, 03:11:53 pm »
Whats happened with him? Never on the show anymore?

Moved to Anfield Index in the January window.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23988 on: July 30, 2020, 03:35:52 pm »
Robbo did a great job with the video, forgot to highlight that yesterday.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23989 on: July 31, 2020, 10:39:47 am »
Just listened to the old cup of tea episode with Imani Williams.

Bloody hell where did you manage to get her from? Such a force of nature. Think John Gibbons managed about 5 words in an hour.

Great discussion on why she chose the club and race in the UK and the US. Interesting hearing a black American woman's opinions on the similarities in race in the US and class discrimination in the UK.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #23990 on: August 1, 2020, 11:55:17 am »
Watched how the league was won yesterday and thought it was outstanding. Not listened to much TAW content in the last few years but what I have seen and listened to during recent times has been really good.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #23991 on: August 2, 2020, 09:04:44 pm »
The recent changes to the website are a massive improvement. No longer do I have to remember my password and user name to watch video content. Well done lads.

Now if you could just upload content as quick as you do to the app..

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #23992 on: August 3, 2020, 06:58:26 am »

PLEASE, PLEASE .............

"Now if you could just upload content as quick as you do to the app.."

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #23993 on: August 4, 2020, 02:43:20 pm »
Richard Masters when he wears glasses looks remarkably like Neil Atkinson.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23994 on: August 4, 2020, 03:05:03 pm »
Someone tell Craig it's Nikey. Just like how you pronounce the name of the goddess it is named after.  :butt
For a culture that wants to put a "y" or "ie" on everything, the adherence to pronouncing it Nik seems a little strange.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2020, 03:36:16 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #23995 on: August 4, 2020, 03:23:47 pm »
Someone tell Craig it's Nikey. Always has been. Just like how you pronounce the name of the goddess it is named after.  :butt
For a culture that wants to put a "y" or "ie" on everything, the adherence to pronouncing it Nik seems a little strange.

It's never been "Nikey" for me, and never will be.

And also while we're on this subject, it's "ADID-as", not "ADEE-das".

As you were.
Twitter | Blog

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23996 on: August 4, 2020, 03:54:15 pm »

As you were.

This man is correct.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23997 on: August 4, 2020, 03:56:55 pm »

As you were.

Yep, I mean it's named after Adi Dassler - the clue is literally there in his name!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23998 on: August 4, 2020, 04:16:28 pm »
I agree. That is how you pronounce Adidas and you pronounce Nike how I said it. Do not really understand the cognitive dissonance in listening to one company in how to pronounce their name, but not the other. But I'll stop. Just had to get that off my chest. 

Love the Wrap. Keep on keeping on.
 :wave
« Last Edit: August 4, 2020, 04:19:46 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23999 on: August 4, 2020, 04:22:17 pm »
Just listened to the Alisson interview, really good stuff and an impressive lack of fanboying from the lads. ;)

Loved hearing how Bobby's older daughter is speaking English so well and with a Scouse accent too.