Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520004 times)

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8920 on: October 22, 2019, 10:26:00 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYVT1dE2n54

Undr The Cost podcast lads managed to get tickets in the away end last Sunday.
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8921 on: October 22, 2019, 10:28:11 am »
Rent free is mine.

Both very annoying but the 'limbs everywhere' and people throwing themselves all over the place over celebrating for the camera wins it for me.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8922 on: October 22, 2019, 10:31:37 am »

Remember a few years ago when our allocation was cut at Old Trafford and our end was full of Hyundai workers as they got loads of sponsor tickets for away end?????? They were all wearing there free half and half scarves also. 

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8923 on: October 22, 2019, 10:59:35 am »

Who the fuck are they?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8924 on: October 22, 2019, 01:46:04 pm »
Istanbul saw the influx of wools (I’m talking mindset, not location) that slowly sanitised our home support with the away just about clinging on. #LFCFAMILY and Madrid is gonna put an end to it all within a few years. And it will all be filmed by some twat on the internet for posterity. Not arsed if it makes me sound like a moaning old fart but by god I miss the 80’s and 90’s.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8925 on: October 22, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
Istanbul saw the influx of wools (I’m talking mindset, not location) that slowly sanitised our home support with the away just about clinging on. #LFCFAMILY and Madrid is gonna put an end to it all within a few years. And it will all be filmed by some twat on the internet for posterity. Not arsed if it makes me sound like a moaning old fart but by god I miss the 80’s and 90’s.

Fair comments. Some of the best aways for atmosphere and lack of dicks was under Roy's and Kenny's last run as manager. We were shite but away crowd was always up for a laugh and no one had phones out filming a game

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8926 on: October 22, 2019, 02:04:12 pm »
Fair comments. Some of the best aways for atmosphere and lack of dicks was under Roy's and Kenny's last run as manager. We were shite but away crowd was always up for a laugh and no one had phones out filming a game

I think it's just the closed shop aspect these days that has killed it. You need young lads coming through to carry it on. The away end are as old as the Main Stand these days.

Look at the Boss nights and the passion and the songs are there. How many can actually get tickets every week?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #8927 on: October 22, 2019, 02:07:38 pm »
I know people's opinions differ greatly on this subject, but in the decades when I could go regularly it was all about getting behind your club through thick and thin, good performances or bad. I've never really understood waiting to feel entertained before piping up.

Going to Old Trafford was about supporting and defending your city, your club, your team and your culture. To have gone there and not come back to Liverpool with a stonker of a sore throat would have felt like a dereliction of duty. Regardless of how the game panned out, you go there as Liverpool, and you make every one of the Manc twats know you are there and who you are.

I've been to OT and seen us win and also lose miserably, but never in silence. I know, I'm an old coot and the world's moved on. Many will disagree with me, but there you go.

Totally agree. I try to sing as much as possible when I attend games as it's part of the experience for me - just trying to look at the possibilities why there were swathes of the crowd not really all joining in together.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8928 on: October 22, 2019, 02:56:05 pm »
Because away end is full of people filming game waiting for a 'limbs everywhere video'

Nice to see Redmen TV once again filming the game whilst in ground. Shocked no one has chinned him yet.

That Redmen TV used to seem sound but I can't even begin to get my head into how people think it's OK to film in the ground. Pure dickhead behavior.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8929 on: October 22, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
That Redmen TV used to seem sound but I can't even begin to get my head into how people think it's OK to film in the ground. Pure dickhead behavior.

Yeah used to enjoy it but now seeing them in away end and doing that over the top laugh when we score! fuck off.

Someone above mentioned Boss nights, same again used to love them but now its ''cool'' to go these things and film and its full of pissed up pricks.

Sound like an old fart but i am not, just dont get this generation of people chasing social media likes, retweets etc....

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8930 on: October 22, 2019, 05:08:00 pm »
Yeah used to enjoy it but now seeing them in away end and doing that over the top laugh when we score! fuck off.

Someone above mentioned Boss nights, same again used to love them but now its ''cool'' to go these things and film and its full of pissed up pricks.

Sound like an old fart but i am not, just dont get this generation of people chasing social media likes, retweets etc....

Same mate. I've no idea how you can actually be enjoying the game, the ebbs and flows of it, if you're bothering your arse to be filming it. People seem more arsed about getting a photo of them doing something than actually enjoying doing it.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #8931 on: October 22, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
To be fair the crowd photo of the lads holding the 6 cards does look quite Scouse heavy, but, and it’s a big but there’s no kids. Where’s the 15 and 16 year olds. The gangs of young scallies there to support and have a laugh.

I’ve given up now but a big chunk of my old mates still go and they are all in their fifties and sixties. I believe Everton still have a very young away crowd and that’s the only thing I’m jealous of about that club.

There’s lots of things the club could do to reverse this trend but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8932 on: October 22, 2019, 08:55:14 pm »
Where’s the 15 and 16 year olds. The gangs of young scallies there to support and have a laugh.

all at home on mobile phones. no social skills. playing computer games. forever alone.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8933 on: October 22, 2019, 09:12:07 pm »
all at home on mobile phones. no social skills. playing computer games. forever alone.
Bit harsh mate. Only a few years ago there were loads of them in the away end. The no pyro no party days. Tends to be loads more when it’s a less fancied game, somewhere miles away on a Tuesday night, when the team’s not doing so well. Surprising that.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8934 on: October 22, 2019, 10:51:42 pm »
Is the walk to OT  story the one also told in the book 'Boys From The Mersey' by Nicky Allt?

It's been a while since I read it, but didn't around 500 start out but only 200 reach the ground due to the battles along the way?

Have you heard about the Scouse 100 ?

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8935 on: October 23, 2019, 12:24:54 am »
Have you heard about the Scouse 100 ?
I might be getting my stories mixed up, but I thought it was the Scouse 200.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8936 on: October 23, 2019, 12:32:46 am »

I don't think it does. I still miss the 70s and 80s for the way we supported the club. I'd take it as a personal insult if the opposition were louder or more up for it than we were.

Nothing changes for the better unless some see what's wrong, voice it and try to address it.

I'm really glad you mentioned mindset not location. Glad because supporting Liverpool, for me, was always about mindset. It's not really something you can recreate though. It was of its time, but times and mentalities change. Personally, I lament that fact.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8937 on: October 23, 2019, 12:54:18 am »
That`s the way me and me mates always felt when we followed the reds, not just in manc land but where ever.

I`ve had arguments on here with people who claim they pay their money and deserve to be entertained  ::)

Oh yes, it wasn't just when in Mancland. The mentality went wherever we went.

I can actually see the ''I want/need to be entertained'' train of thought, although I could never buy into it as far as LFC goes myself. To me, LFC is not only my club, it represents my city, its people and their culture. I'd love my club as much if we were in the Championship or below, and it would forever be a part of who I am no matter what. As much as lovely flowing football gets the pulse racing and loosens the vocal chords, I'd not need it in order to be vocal and loud.

Despite saying the above, I do have to accept that the world has changed. In my youth you could get up to Anfield and pay on the gate, and pay comparative buttons too. I got in to games against Barcelona, St. Etienne etc and saw some of the best players in the world in front of some of the biggest crowds Anfield has ever seen. You could also get to away games if you so wished. All this, as young kids on no more than your pocket money. Dads could take their kids to matches without breaking the bank. So back then you went for the fun of it and didn't have to take out a second mortgage in order to afford it.

These days people have to make choices about whether they can even afford to attend at all. Prices are utterly ridiculous and I think a lot of people want to feel they are getting value for the kinds of money they are having to fork out now. I bet that a single European away trip these days would cost more, all-in, than my summer holiday did. So I think when costs are so staggeringly high, you can't really blame people for wanting value for it in the shape of performance on the pitch. For me, money has actually squeezed most of the joy out of the game.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8938 on: October 23, 2019, 01:03:28 am »
To be fair the crowd photo of the lads holding the 6 cards does look quite Scouse heavy, but, and it’s a big but there’s no kids. Where’s the 15 and 16 year olds. The gangs of young scallies there to support and have a laugh.

I’ve given up now but a big chunk of my old mates still go and they are all in their fifties and sixties. I believe Everton still have a very young away crowd and that’s the only thing I’m jealous of about that club.

There’s lots of things the club could do to reverse this trend but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I think the big difference with Everton, be it home or away, is that if you want a ticket, you can get one.

Imagine groups of Red mates all saying, lets get tickets for away to Arsenal or whoever, then only one or two manage to even source a ticket if they are lucky. How on earth do you build an away following of groups of young mates who go all the time when things are as they currently are? With Everton, groups of young scals can get tickets if/when they want them, so they can build and maintain a regular hardcore of young lads going away. That's one advantage of being a much smaller club with a much smaller fanbase clamouring for tickets. It's a whole different ballgame for groups of young Reds.

Online monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8939 on: October 23, 2019, 02:11:12 am »

Who the fuck are they?

My eyes..what did i just watch?

Fucking three of the c*nts..pure bred wools in not only accent but fucking soul too
Like seriously how the fuck..are they even in there among the away..doing youtube influencer shiiiiiite
I couldn't get past the bit where one of them sings ..with subtitles..Gini Wild'un

Somebody have a word..Andy Lonergan FFS sake lad..give/sell your tickets to people who aren't bells....if they're right over who gave/sold them the tix

PricksI
If anyone sees them trying to come into another away end of ours snatch their fucking tickets

+6 ticket exchange

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8940 on: October 23, 2019, 12:20:03 pm »
Bit harsh mate. Only a few years ago there were loads of them in the away end. The no pyro no party days. Tends to be loads more when it’s a less fancied game, somewhere miles away on a Tuesday night, when the team’s not doing so well. Surprising that.

The same people have all the credits and they might sell the ticket on for the low glamour games (but still get the credit) but when it comes to Old Trafford, City or the derby they're going to go themselves. Young lads are relying on this method to get tickets but then can't build their own credits up. That's if they aren't being sold on by touts to tourists.

Hence we play United and it's Dad's Army and a poor atmosphere. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 12:22:24 pm by Fromola »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8941 on: October 23, 2019, 06:33:42 pm »
The same people have all the credits and they might sell the ticket on for the low glamour games (but still get the credit) but when it comes to Old Trafford, City or the derby they're going to go themselves. Young lads are relying on this method to get tickets but then can't build their own credits up. That's if they aren't being sold on by touts to tourists.

Hence we play United and it's Dad's Army and a poor atmosphere. 
Yeah I know mate. That was my point :wave

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8942 on: November 2, 2019, 08:19:29 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8943 on: November 2, 2019, 08:24:49 pm »
Backdrop somehow reminds me of a full house at the Etihad..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LHxYhGCh3Ic" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LHxYhGCh3Ic</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8944 on: November 2, 2019, 08:49:17 pm »

Every set of home fans lately say we're the quietest fans they've seen. Barely a murmour at Sheff U, Old Trafford or Villa till we scored.

Nerves might be a factor but there's thousands of young reds who'd sing their hearts out if they had a hope in hell of getting tickets.

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #8945 on: November 2, 2019, 08:51:15 pm »
The away end after manes winner looked boss

Online monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8946 on: November 2, 2019, 09:04:37 pm »
Every set of home fans lately say we're the quietest fans they've seen. Barely a murmour at Sheff U, Old Trafford or Villa till we scored.

Nerves might be a factor but there's thousands of young reds who'd sing their hearts out if they had a hope in hell of getting tickets.
Not having that about today
I was upper to the right of that video.
It was a good one. villa fans of course giving it all the who are ya..we forgot you were here bollox but our lot were in good voice today..yes at times during the game when we were quiet due to the tense game but every time we attacked..which was a lot... the crowd got behind us
They had a mad loud 5 minutes or so  when they were getting a bit cocky that they were going to hold out on us but was great giving it back to them when Andy scored and then double time on the second

Another one of those grounds that doesn’t sell us ale.Can never comprehend how any club will willingly deny themselves profits and not know how to organise quick sales of it. They let that boozer the witton arms take money they should have
Anyone have that joy of being on Witton station when the special to Birmingham New street just decided not to stop at the platform and stop about 500 yards past it for 15 minutes or so before just giving up and fucking off..how the fuck does a train driver do that
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: November 2, 2019, 09:06:19 pm »

Away games are a closed shop which doesn't seem to be helping things. Away atmospheres seem to have declined steadily over the years, from a time when it was easier for a mix of people to get tickets. Now, it's the same people week in, week out and it seems it will be forever more. It's funny how it now feels like our home crowd is better than our away crowd. That would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8948 on: November 2, 2019, 09:31:38 pm »
Away games are a closed shop which doesn't seem to be helping things. Away atmospheres seem to have declined steadily over the years, from a time when it was easier for a mix of people to get tickets. Now, it's the same people week in, week out and it seems it will be forever more. It's funny how it now feels like our home crowd is better than our away crowd. That would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.

The home crowd helped by the new Main Stand getting much needed fresh faces in. It's all too cosy and the same faces all the time and when you mix that with tourists who buy off touts and pay through the nose on websites, it's lost its edge. It'll only get better if the Premier League doubled away allocations which would allow fresh faces to start going.

It's always been really hard to get away tickets at Liverpool but at least when we were rubbish around Hodgson era at least it was easier to get tickets and possible to build credits.

Not having that about today
I was upper to the right of that video.
It was a good one. villa fans of course giving it all the who are ya..we forgot you were here bollox but our lot were in good voice today..yes at times during the game when we were quiet due to the tense game but every time we attacked..which was a lot... the crowd got behind us
They had a mad loud 5 minutes or so  when they were getting a bit cocky that they were going to hold out on us but was great giving it back to them when Andy scored and then double time on the second

Another one of those grounds that doesn’t sell us ale.Can never comprehend how any club will willingly deny themselves profits and not know how to organise quick sales of it. They let that boozer the witton arms take money they should have
Anyone have that joy of being on Witton station when the special to Birmingham New street just decided not to stop at the platform and stop about 500 yards past it for 15 minutes or so before just giving up and fucking off..how the fuck does a train driver do that

The video went up on social media and it was all Villa fans replying saying we were the worst fans they've seen and that was the first time they heard us all game.

Villa fans are proper arseholes at the best of times tbf.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2019, 09:36:29 pm by Fromola »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8949 on: November 2, 2019, 09:43:39 pm »

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8950 on: November 2, 2019, 10:39:03 pm »

Easy to say but there were quite a lot at MKD and it was no better
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8951 on: November 2, 2019, 10:42:12 pm »
it was all Villa fans replying saying we were the worst fans they've seen and that was the first time they heard us all game.

Villa fans are proper arseholes at the best of times tbf.
They need to take their ear plugs out
We are a team of one half.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8952 on: November 3, 2019, 07:31:21 am »
Easy to say but there were quite a lot at MKD and it was no better

Maybe but aways down south have always been a bit diluted anyway.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8953 on: November 3, 2019, 11:40:14 am »
I hear a lot about this 'letting the youth' which, is admirable in itself and somehting I activley support however -  what youth are we talking about, local kids or just any kids?

Seems to me there is a drive to get more scouse kids in, which, could be construed as being a tad insular, so, if we are going to get the youth in and we are looking to make them local kids as well, then lets make sure that these 'Dads Army' types are at the very least OOT, so we can kill two birds with one stone, make our end more scouse and drop the average age. Which s what I'm getting.

The only down side to all of this of course is, is that most touting and credit amassing, comes from mainly us scousers in the first place, so how does that all work out in the grand scheme of things.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #8954 on: November 3, 2019, 11:53:34 am »
They need to take their ear plugs out

I'm not sure mate.  I was in home end yesterday just behind dugout.  Agree, after the goals it looked mental and would have done owt to be in there.  But, for the rest of the game, I wasn't as bothered as I thought I would have been.  We were quiet.  Simple.  The odd song here and there, but from where I was, I can see where the villa fans are coming from.  Might have sounded ok in away end, but didn't come across elsewhere.   Funnily enough, I was so close to Jurgen et al I felt like I was celebrating with them after the goals.  I like to think I caught his eye, but maybe not!  Was able to do a little fist pump after second cos all around me were going off their heads and attacking the dugout due to our entourages actions.  Top day in the end! 

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #8955 on: November 3, 2019, 12:48:11 pm »
The roar when Mane's goal went in gave me goosebumps and I wasn't even there!!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8956 on: November 3, 2019, 02:06:23 pm »
I hear a lot about this 'letting the youth' which, is admirable in itself and somehting I activley support however -  what youth are we talking about, local kids or just any kids?

Seems to me there is a drive to get more scouse kids in, which, could be construed as being a tad insular, so, if we are going to get the youth in and we are looking to make them local kids as well, then lets make sure that these 'Dads Army' types are at the very least OOT, so we can kill two birds with one stone, make our end more scouse and drop the average age. Which s what I'm getting.

The only down side to all of this of course is, is that most touting and credit amassing, comes from mainly us scousers in the first place, so how does that all work out in the grand scheme of things.

There's no real solution but groups of lads in teens/early 20s traditionally start going to away games with their mates and bring the atmosphere. This doesn't happen at Liverpool anymore because they can't get tickets or build credits. As a result the away support gets less noisy every year as it gets older. Even if they can still jump around at a last minute winner.

And yes locals, or otherwise, with credits who tout their tickets are a big part of the problem.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 02:09:30 pm by Fromola »

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8957 on: November 3, 2019, 02:39:21 pm »
There's no real solution but groups of lads in teens/early 20s traditionally start going to away games with their mates and bring the atmosphere. This doesn't happen at Liverpool anymore because they can't get tickets or build credits. As a result the away support gets less noisy every year as it gets older. Even if they can still jump around at a last minute winner.

And yes locals, or otherwise, with credits who tout their tickets are a big part of the problem.

Not aimed at you mate, but people need to understand the problem, before formalising the question(s), before then rushing to the answer - whihc is how it feels to me.

Too many just saying 'get the youth in' which, granted, is evidently recognisable by the 'dads army' look of our away end, but there are bigger issues here and they need to be addressed, but the problem(s) need to be clearly highlighted and titled as there are far more issues with our away end, than just age.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8958 on: November 3, 2019, 03:24:43 pm »
Not aimed at you mate, but people need to understand the problem, before formalising the question(s), before then rushing to the answer - whihc is how it feels to me.

Too many just saying 'get the youth in' which, granted, is evidently recognisable by the 'dads army' look of our away end, but there are bigger issues here and they need to be addressed, but the problem(s) need to be clearly highlighted and titled as there are far more issues with our away end, than just age.

Well, yeah, the age is just one aspect of it. For me, the average age of the Kop would ideally be a lot lower than it is, but the average age of even our away support is  probably a fair bit higher than, say, the Gladwys at Everton. It's not the fault of loyal fans who've been going home and away for decades but the closed shop is the problem and the way tickets are allocated along with a basic case of supply and demand.

Liverpool are increasingly becoming the worst club to support for younger fans who actually want to go and watch their team play on a Saturday. Man City it's easy to get tickets, United even when they were good because of their capacity you could get a ticket, Everton and more so when they get a bigger ground and it's a lot easier to get away tickets and build credit. At Liverpool you can pay an annual membership fee for the chance to buy tickets online that's more difficult to obtain than Glastonbury, combined with an impossiblity to ever get away tickets without scratching around for spares or paying touts (and no credits built up even if you do)

The closest a lot of younger fans these days will get to sampling a good atmosphere is Boss night or something, rather than actually the game itself.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 03:30:46 pm by Fromola »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8959 on: November 3, 2019, 04:15:04 pm »
I haven't been to Villa park for quite some time now but when I did we were always in the North Stand, yesterday we were in what looked like the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand. When did that happen?