Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399906 times)

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #16600 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:17 pm »
great season, we've def proved to the world we are a force again, and its been a pleasure watching this team, i can't even say that im that gutted, this team is here to do damage over next few years

last day title races and european cup finals, what a shit time to be a liverpool fan ;)

so fucking proud!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16601 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:17 pm »
Of course their squad can get better when you have the kind of spending power they do.  Their recruitment has been pretty solid under Guardiola, but he does have some key, ageing players to replace now and there's murmurs of discontent with Sane, Mahrez, etc.  But they'll spend their way out of it being an issue, same as always.

Well they are still relying on their best old players despite their spending.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16602 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:37 pm »
Amazing season. First title winning-type team I feel like I've seen in my years as a fan (since early 90s). But just one team with one more point.

Unlike previous years I really hope we can challenge again straight away. That's how we'll win titles. Love this side, love Klopp, love Liverpool.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16603 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:44 pm »
They have peaked, their squad can't get much better.

They’re going to spend another 200 million this summer by all accounts

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #16604 on: May 12, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »
Nothing left now in this race except for the media to pretend they won it fair and square.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16605 on: May 12, 2019, 05:24:49 pm »
We're in a much better state to go again than we were in 2009 or 2014 I think, tough to see us losing any players we don't want to sell. Contracts are all sorted, and the players must see that the team is good enough to get 90+ points again if they stick together.

I'm pretty certain that we'll get enough points to have won the title most seasons, the big challenge is replicating the extra 7 points like we did this season that may well be necessary.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16606 on: May 12, 2019, 05:24:55 pm »
Their title sealing goal being scored by a £60m bit part player was very fitting.

Offline flipflan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Back off Warchild
« Reply #16607 on: May 12, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »
Amazing season, such an effort. Fine margins here and there but I dont think this season has been a freak, we'll be this good again next year if not better given that we're an attractive proposition to players. Well done lads and fair play to City

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16608 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:02 pm »
Proud of the lads, Klopp and everyone involved. 97 points, one defeat all season, team continue to develop, team spirit and work ethics on a high. What’s not to like ...

I am not going to give City any credit. It was not a fair fight. But I am hopeful that we will be in their face until we win eventually
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16609 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:39 pm »
So the fat lady has warbled for the league and it wasnt for us so its on to Madrid where its in our hands.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16610 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:43 pm »
Well played City and well done, they've shown some seriously good form to win this title. 

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #16611 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:52 pm »
You would hope City will be knackered next season. They've used the same 20 fucking players all year and I think all except Mahrez were in the squad playing every game last year too. Such is Guardiola's way of doing things that the only youth player he's ever gone with is Phil Foden so he's been using the same 19 internationals for every single game for 2 years now. Surely there's no way they can keep these levels in up for another season?

They will be arogant enough to go for quadrupole next season but will be desperate for the Champions League otherwise pep won't have been a success there. Yes they have won a lot but Pep was brought in for the one they haven't won. Also he doesn't stay in place too long Like Maureen!

I think Kompany retiring and Silva and augero getting older will impact them next year and they are at a point the need to build a new core in the team. Can't see Pep doing that
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16612 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:56 pm »
So proud of the boys.

YNWA
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16613 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:29 pm »
Tuesday gave me renewed hope but knew it would be a tough ask on the last day against Brighton.

Fair play, they had a go and for a minute or so was exciting but city are too good for them.

Realistically we did as much as can be expected . 97 points is an unbelievable haul that other clubs can dream about. Only this city team has done it twice.

The draws didn’t cost us, you get the odd bum result in a season. We either lost it because we couldn’t beat city in the head to heads or...  the other clubs, especially the other top 6, really fell short in giving it a go against city.

The table shows how far we and city were from everyone else. So many teams just gave up trying to play city and hoping to contain them. In hindsight too I think if city were still in Europe it would have affected them, but you can’t win them all and we will have to console ourselves with number 6 instead of number 19.

All of this post but especially the bold bit

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16614 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »
I really hope for the health of the Premier League that City don't get close to 100 again next season.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16615 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »
How many clubs can say they have a European Cup final after taking the title to the final day?

Unbelievable season and we’re going for #6.

We’ll get that redemption for the PL trophy another day.

Allez Allez Allez
King Kenny.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #16616 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:55 pm »
Well played City and well done, they've shown some seriously good form to win this title.

Just like Lance Armstrong showed good form in his races  ;D
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #16617 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:08 pm »

Lots of room for improvement in our squad. We're only going to get better.
I don’t think there’s loads of room for improvement in our squad, I think some of the players we have still have improvement in them but I doubt we’ll be bringing in more than one or two “big” signings this summer. I think the squad we have is likely to better next season with Keita settled and Ox back.

I agree City could potentially go the other way as a number of their important players are getting on now, have to see what they do transfer wise and whether UEFA actually grow some balls and level the playing field.

Either way, we’ll be there again next season I’m convinced of that.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16618 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:29 pm »
City will lose their hunger next season.

There is a reason Pep talks about 3 seasons at a club and moving on, Citys heinous owners gave him a payrise to stay for 2 more years and i think it will be a mistake on Pep's part.

I think the players will be mentally drained from his perfect attaining demands next season, the effort they have put in last season getting to a 100 points and this long winning run in the league and domestic cups this season has to have some effect on the players desire under a coach who tries to get everything he can out of them physically and mentally.

We are winning the league next year and by a healthy margin.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16619 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:53 pm »

Well, that's it then. Football is cancelled.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16620 on: May 12, 2019, 05:28:30 pm »

Thing is they are still relying on their old as fuck pensioner players.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16621 on: May 12, 2019, 05:28:37 pm »
Hit 90+ again next season. Hope their core of Fernandinho, Kompany, Aguero and Silva begin to feel
their age - it’s very difficult to replace a spine like that, even with all that money. Strengthen appropriately in the summer. Win the CL. That’s all we can do. Stellar effort from everyone involved this season - it’s one to be proud of and a sign of how far we’ve come in the last few years.

Now on to smash Spurs in Madrid. We need to be angry.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16622 on: May 12, 2019, 05:28:55 pm »
City will lose their hunger next season.

There is a reason Pep talks about 3 seasons at a club and moving on, Citys heinous owners gave him a payrise to stay for 2 more years and i think it will be a mistake on Pep's part.

I think the players will be mentally drained from his perfect attaining demands next season, the effort they have put in last season getting to a 100 points and this long winning run in the league and domestic cups has to have some effect on the players desire under a coach who tries to get everything he can out of them physically.

We are winning the league next year and by a healthy margin.

They won't but neither will ours,they have more players to replace though and we're the dogs fucking bollocks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #16623 on: May 12, 2019, 05:30:23 pm »
Hard not to feel disappointed but we have a Final in 20 days.

Get prepared for that and make sure we win it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #16624 on: May 12, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »
Magnificent season for a magnificent bunch of players and coaches. Fantastic support from the owners as well.  Fuck petro-dollars city fc.

On to Madrid and beat the cockneys.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16625 on: May 12, 2019, 05:32:08 pm »
Watch City sign 3 players for 200m in the next fortnight before any punishment and maybe a transfer window ban is decided. The cheating c*nts are on the attack lawyered up so they can delay the investigation process so they can get their transfers done before the investigation is concluded. Fucking SCUMBAGS.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #16626 on: May 12, 2019, 05:33:12 pm »
Well done everyone , on we go
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16627 on: May 12, 2019, 05:33:25 pm »
They will spend money. But there’s no guarantee that they can find the right replacements for Kompany, David Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero. Under Klopp we have shown that we can find the right players to fit our playing system. We can even make expensive players look like bargains. We are on the right track. We are strong and we will get stronger. Onwards and upwards. And we still have the small matter of the European Cup Final to come
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #16628 on: May 12, 2019, 05:33:27 pm »

I wonder how they'll cook the books to appease FFP?

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16629 on: May 12, 2019, 05:34:18 pm »

Give the head cleaner a nice pay rise to take her to 300 grand a week

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #16630 on: May 12, 2019, 05:34:34 pm »
One billion pound sponsorship deal for a sticker on the sleeves
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline le_boss

• Main Stander
« Reply #16631 on: May 12, 2019, 05:34:43 pm »
So proud of the team. Vital that we keep this squad together and the likes of Salah & Mane aren’t sold.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16632 on: May 12, 2019, 05:34:54 pm »
All I will say is that I'm immensely proud of the boys, Klopp, his staff and everyone involved in the club,  the Anfield crowd as well for the league season, the performances, the results and the joy from it and for making our stadium a fortress.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16633 on: May 12, 2019, 05:35:12 pm »
We will be fucking back with a vengence we arent going away!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16634 on: May 12, 2019, 05:35:26 pm »
Well, that's it then. Football is cancelled.

It isn’t obviously and it’s never entirely hopeless but I do genuinely think most fans don’t realize how ‘bought’ premier league football now is by a sovereign state and how they’re not going to stop investing, it’s a rounding error to them. Fair fucks to us for making a contest of it this year

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16635 on: May 12, 2019, 05:35:41 pm »
They will be arogant enough to go for quadrupole next season but will be desperate for the Champions League otherwise pep won't have been a success there. Yes they have won a lot but Pep was brought in for the one they haven't won. Also he doesn't stay in place too long Like Maureen!

I think Kompany retiring and Silva and augero getting older will impact them next year and they are at a point the need to build a new core in the team. Can't see Pep doing that

I think next season will be very interesting. I think they'll likely see some important names really decline, and I think they'll also find that teams don't just sit back and hope for the best against them. What teams have proven this season is that if you just park the bus, then they will eventually score. If you go out and try to outmuscle them, outfight them, and try to make them work to defend their lead then they are susceptible to pressure like any team.

Not really fussed at who they bring in or what they need to do to be honest. I think the most important thing is that after the CL final, we take stock of a very good season and are prepared to look it at critically to see where we can perhaps improve and gain an advantage on our rivals, and best prepare ourselves to win the league next year.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16636 on: May 12, 2019, 05:36:01 pm »
Anyone know when next season's fixtures are released? Wish we could start again tomorrow

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16637 on: May 12, 2019, 05:36:08 pm »
Of course their squad can get better when you have the kind of spending power they do.  Their recruitment has been pretty solid under Guardiola, but he does have some key, ageing players to replace now and there's murmurs of discontent with Sane, Mahrez, etc.  But they'll spend their way out of it being an issue, same as always.
Sure they'll spend, but will those players really be much of an improvement? Who are they going to buy, Messi?

They have quality in every position two or three times over already. We don't.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16638 on: May 12, 2019, 05:36:26 pm »
So proud of the team. Vital that we keep this squad together and the likes of Salah & Mane aren’t sold.

Why would we even consider selling them? Plus, no player is going to want to leave, if anything we'll have players desperate to join us.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #16639 on: May 12, 2019, 05:36:59 pm »

Lots of room for improvement in our squad. We're only going to get better.

This is absolutely key.

Their squad is ridiculously good - often having De Bruyne, Silva, Sane and other quality players to change a game. I think Guardiola has reached his perfection - 100 points and 98 points in subsequent seasons. His remaining challenge is the CL, which he couldn't win at Bayern despite dominating the league. Our first 11 is easily as good as theirs (despite our head to head results), but their squad depth means they are fresher and have more quality options.

Looking at what Klopp has done in only 3 years - and the massive progress made in the last 12 months alone, it doesn't take much of a leap of faith to see us making further improvements next season. Keita improving, Ox to come back, Gomez to partner Van Dijk, plus one or two signings and we are ready to fight again.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.