Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 327400 times)

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2015, 09:55:22 am »
E/W Yankee lined up:

Nichols Crayon            4/1
Southfield Theatre      6/1
Taglietelle                   16/1
Sprinter Sacre             10/3

Will have a look at individual races nearer the time too.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2015, 10:16:51 am »
From a mate of mine here in Cheltenham...I'll post his review on each race if you like?

DAY TWO: WEDNESDAY (LADIES DAY)

1.30 NEPTUNES NOVICES’ HURDLE (Grade 1) (4yo+, Class 1, 2m 5f)

A race containing a lot of horses already entered in the Supreme and W. Mullins is likely to have 5 entries headed by Nichols Canyon and Outlander. The former was a 100 rated flat horse with J. Gosden and has taken well to hurdling. Parlour Games showed his class again in beating Blaklion in the Challow Hurdle and I really like his profile for this race. The other horse I was impressed by is Kilcrea Vale of N. Henderson’s. His only run so far was a demolition job at Market Rasen and although this is a much bigger ask he is interesting. Parlour Games also has a flat ratings in the 100’s travels well in his races and he won’t be wanting for speed. I will stick with Parlour Games and make Outlander as the danger.

Selection: Parlour Games 6/1*
Danger:  Outlander 6/1

* the asterisk represents his best bets for the week....Douvan / Parlour Games / Don Cossack / Silviniaco Conti

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:09 am »
not a tip .
my mate has a horse with robert stephens,former employee of mark prescott.,he runs modus in the bumper today,his horses have been in good form,,the brilliant beltor runs friday,
well worth a little ew bet later..
bollocks

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2015, 10:40:19 am »
not a tip .
my mate has a horse with robert stephens,former employee of mark prescott.,he runs modus in the bumper today,his horses have been in good form,,the brilliant beltor runs friday,
well worth a little ew bet later..

Beltor is 7/1. Based on its last run, if it was trained by Mullins, Nicholls or Henderson, it'd be about 7/4.

Absolutely trounced it's rivals and by the way it finished its race so powerfully looks like it'll love Cheltenham and the infamous hill.

I'm looking forward to its run.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48:43 am »
Beltor is 7/1. Based on its last run, if it was trained by Mullins, Nicholls or Henderson, it'd be about 7/4.

Absolutely trounced it's rivals and by the way it finished its race so powerfully looks like it'll love Cheltenham and the infamous hill.

I'm looking forward to its run.

personally would have waited for aintree myself but the lure of cheltenham is mighty for owners,,fingers crossed for it
bollocks

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2015, 10:51:35 am »
From a mate of mine here in Cheltenham...I'll post his review on each race if you like?

why not, always interesting to read some views. Especially if he's right with his best bet again today...
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:11 am »
These were his selections and 'danger' yesterday...

Selection: Douvan 15/8*
Danger: Qewy 14/1

Selection: Un De Sceaux 8/13
Danger: Vibrato Valtat 5/1

Selection: The Druids Nephew 9/1
Danger: Sausalito Sunrise 14/1

Selection: Faugheen 5/4
Danger: Jezki 5/1

Selection: Annie Power 4/6   
Danger: Glens Melody 7/2

Selection: The Job is Right 12/1
Danger: Very Wood 5/1

Selection: Generous Ransom 10/1
Danger: Thomas Crapper 14/1

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2015, 11:10:32 am »
Nichols Canyon in the Neptune at 5.5 with B365 seems like a good value bet and Sire Collonges @ 8.0 in the 4pm will be my two bets of the day.
If I did lay bets I'd go against Don Poli in the RSA as well and I'm swerving the Champion - can't help thinking Sprinter Sacre isn't going to be able to stay.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:07 am »
Thought I'd post this here for anyone who's interested. Free £5 bet from Stan James, no deposit required, available for both new and existing customers.

http://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1?btag=a_202160b_4

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:14 am »
Champagne Fever is a non-runner.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:34 am »
only the 18 17 for mullins today
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:41:18 am by planet-terror »
bollocks

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:36 am »
Champagne Fever is a non-runner.

Had it one of my accumulators. Down to 6 legs now!
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2015, 11:35:41 am »
2.05 RSA CHASE (Grade 1) (5yo+, Class 1, 3m 110y)

The early part of the season this race has been dominated by Kings Palace who has jumped the Cheltenham course and looks a natural, he was a worthy favourite but the emergence of Coneygree has been eye catching to say the least. His jumping has been impeccable and his win in the Denman Chase at Newbury has even marked him down as a potential Gold Cup candidate. I think he should run in the RSA where he would take all the beating but I suspect he will go Gold Cup route. A word of caution however, he needs soft ground to be seen at his best and would not run if the ground was good or firmer.
The Irish supply likely favourite Don Poli, who along with The Young Master give this race a very strong profile. I will stick with Kings Palace but it is difficult to forget how he ran last year. It will be interesting if Southfield Theatre runs here as he definitely has class and will stay.

Selection: Kings Palace 5/1
Danger: Southfield Theatre 8/1

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:18 am »
2.40 CORAL CUP (Grade 3) (4yo+, Class 1, 2m 5f)

With 1 week to go there has been strong support for P. Nicholls Aux Ptsit Soins whose wins in France would give him a major chance.
This is now the confirmed target for Actival and he must have a very good chance. The Gordon Elliott contender Quick Jack is not likely to contest this as he is running in the County Hurdle. I will be very interested in Arbre De Vie and Abbyssial of W. Mullins and Calipto of P Nicholls, all would be major players.  Regal Encore and Brother Brian are both well handicapped, particularly the latter, whose 3rd behind Rock on Ruby in December at level weights reads exceptional. I am going to select Brother Brian hoping he runs and make Actival the danger.

Selection: Brother Brian 16/1 If abs. Aux Ptits Soins 10/1
Danger: Actival 12/1

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:42 am »
3.20 QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE (Grade 1) (5yo+, Class 1, 2m)

Sire De Grugy’s ‘second coming’ at Chepstow on 21st Feb was spectacular. He beat horses rated in the 150’s with ease giving 20lbs.Dodging Bullets won the Tingle Creek and franked that by defeating Sprinter and is without doubt the form horse. He also beat the horse that Sire beat at Chepstow in this race so there is a tenuous for link. His stable mate Mr Mole was very impressive in winning the Newbury race that Sire De Grugy fell in and is improving rapidly. The vibes coming from the stable is that Sprinter Sacre is now working very much like his old self and I felt he could improve pass Dodging Bullets but it’s what’s achieved on course that counts. As for Champagne Fever, anything could happen, reminds me a bit of One Man and how he was campaigned some years ago.
I am going with current form and selecting Sire with Dodging Bullets the main danger.

Selection: Sire De Grugy 7/2
Danger: Dodging Bullets 9/2

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2015, 11:37:06 am »
4.00 CROSS COUNTRY HANDICAP CHASE (5yo+, Class 2, 3m 7f)

Any Currency will be a popular choice as will Sire Collonges. The Irish contingent seems to be missing some usual faces and are headed by Quantitativeeasing, Ipsos Du Berlais, Chicago Grey and Uncle Junior, make this a less than interesting race than normal. The French runner Toutancarmont would be of some interest if running, he has won most of his races and is used to this type of challenge. I will side with the well fancied Duke of Lucca and make Any Currency the big danger.

Selection: Duke of Lucca 8/1
Danger:  Any Currency 6/1

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2015, 11:37:27 am »
4.40 FRED WINTER JUVENILE HANDICAP HURDLE (Grade 3) (4yo, Class 1, 2m 110y)

The current favourite is the well supported Hostile Fire just ahead of Bidourey who is unbeaten in 2 bumpers and 3 low level novice hurdles. Impressive at Sandown on latest run, he could be anything?  I particularly like the look of Arabian Revolution and Bouvreuil a French import with P Nicholls who is improving with each run and whose 4th at Newbury behind Qewy and Cardinal Walter reads very well.
Arabian Revolution was 2nd to Beltor two runs ago when conceding 7lbs and followed up with an impressive win at Huntingdon, this persuades me to make him my selection.
I also was impressed with the first run in Ireland of Gwencily Berbas, he must go close.

Selection: Arabian Revolution 16/1
Danger: Bouvreuil16/1

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2015, 11:37:45 am »
5.15 CHAMPION BUMPER (Grade 1) (4-6yo, Class 1, 2m 110y)

This race always has a lot of ‘vibes’ associated with it and could easily change on the day. Keep an eye on the betting market to spot any late ‘plunges’. Early indications are that Mr Mullins will play a significant role is shaping the outcome yet again. He has leading contenders in Au Quart De Tour, Bordini, and Pylonthepressure. The latter is highly thought of by P Mullins due to the significant improvement he has made. Near the head of the market is last year’s fifth in the race, Vigil, trained by D Weld, who made an impressive return at Leopardstown at Christmas.
The UK are well represented by the impressive Cheltenham winner from October, Moon Racer and the equally impressive Ascot winner Wait for Me. I expect both to be major contenders, as will Supersundea formally with A Balding now trained by Henry de Bromhead.

Selection: Bordini 8/1
Danger: Moon Racer 9/1

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2015, 11:42:57 am »
Nice one Phes.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:35 am »
Cheers El Phes. 

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2015, 11:55:22 am »
You're welcome! Hope it helps.

And cheers to Gerry for the stan james link

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2015, 11:59:06 am »
p.s. if you follow Gerry's link for Stan James to get the free £5. Then, if you deposit and bet upto £10, they'll give you a matched free bet on top.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2015, 12:00:44 pm »
Got a tenner free bet but not sure what to put it on? I'm an amateur with horses so try and read as many tips as possible and take a general consensus! I was thinking of doing a fiver each way on Kings Palace? Or an eachway double with one of the 15:20 horses. Can't chose between Sire and Sprinter Sacre though.

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17:02 pm »
All worthy choices mate!

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2015, 12:20:55 pm »
1.30 Neptune Investment Management Novices Hurdle

This is a race for novices over two and a half mile and in recent years the Irish have dominated this race. Faugheen last year gave them their 17th success in the race and they have won five out of the last 9 renewals.Normally it’s a horse in the top five betting that wins this race and punters have been very successful .You need to have a horse who stays the distance ,jumps slickly and travels well.Simonsig,Faugheen and The New One were the last 3 winners of this race.Lets start with Nichols Canyon.I was reading somewhere that he was rated higher than Istabraq before embarking his hurdling career.He won the Grade 1 race at Fairyhouse back in November and he was very impressive.He stayed on well that day and travelled supremely well despite the odd blunder at the last fence but he pulled away 5 lengths clear.This was the race when we lost the regally bred Allez Colombieres.He then unseated on his next outing but then won the Deloitte at Leopardstown beating some highly rated horses in Windsor Park , Alvisio Ville( Take note if he runs well in the Supreme on Tuesday),the Grade 1 winner Mckinley and also the Champion bumper winner of last year Silver Concorde.Next in the betting is Outlander from the Mullins yard and he won very easily at Leopardstown beating Martello Tower and Killultagh Vic.

No More Heroes was a beaten favourite in that race.He is clearly very talented and he has some solid form.The only question mark will be his ability to handle quicker ground.Windsor Park is another regally bred horse and he was 2nd to Nicholas Canyon and beat some nice horses in the process.He will be better on faster ground and could turn the tables on Nicholas Canyon as he will improve for that Deloitte run.Parlour Games was 2nd behind Blue Heron at Kempton last October and that is solid form now since Blue Heron has gone on to finish 4th in the Greatwood Hurdle ,3rd to Faugheen in Xmas Hurdle and then went on to win the Kingwell Grade 2 Hurdle at Wincanton by beating Grade 1 winner Irving.He then won his next 2 starts at Cheltenham and Newbury.At Newbury he became a Grade 1winner  by beating Vyta du Roc and Blaklion again .That race at Newbury called the Challow Hurdle is not a reliable guide in finding Neptune winners though .No Challow Hurdle winner has won the Neptune this century too.Tell Us More is highly regarded and has been aimed at this race or he could run in Supreme.He won his seasonal debut at Gowran Park quiet easily but was then beaten by the outsider of the field and stablemate Mckinley in his next start.I think he hated the ground that day. I will keep a close eye on him on where he runs.Of the outsiders Ordo Ab Chao (one of our horses to follow ) and Kilcrea Vale have each way chances.It’s a very wide open race this year and I will wait till final declarations to have another bet in race.

Selections –Nichols Canyon 4-1 , Ordo Ab Chao 14-1 e/w

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
I'm on Nichols Canyon but having watched the deloitte again Windsor park was seriously impressive in the finish.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2015, 12:47:46 pm »
Thought I'd post this here for anyone who's interested. Free £5 bet from Stan James, no deposit required, available for both new and existing customers.

http://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1?btag=a_202160b_4

:wave
bollocks

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »
I slept through the alarm and missed the 9/2 offer!!

1.30 Nichols Canyon 9/2 and 6/1(PP enhanced) Parlour Games 6/1 E/W Had to put a few quid on Beast of Burden too at 12/1
2.05 The Young Master 7/1 E/W (antepost) Don Poli 2/1 (Kings Palace is a big danger if he gets it right)
2.40 Goodwood Mirage 16/1 E/W Lac Fontana 16/1 E/W Merinero 12/1 E/W all paying 6 places
3.20 Sprinter Sacre 11/4 Special Tiara 25/1 E/W (I said i did a rfc forecast with Champagne Fever but its a non runner and it turns out I bloody put Sire De Grugy instead too, waste of money)
4.00 Any Currency 6/1 E/W Duke of Lucca 6/1 E/W (Duke is on 11lbs better terms so has to be the main fancy but Any Currency is in top form and was so close to winning here last year)
4.40 Mr Gallivanter 33/1 E/W Beataboutthebush 25/1 E/W
5.15 Bordini 7/1 E/W Moon racer 9/1 E/W

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2015, 01:11:24 pm »
Sort of fancy Beast of Burden in this first. Not gone mad but at 10/1 I didn't need to.

Also got it in combo forecasts with Nichols Canyon and Parlour games.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2015, 01:15:56 pm »
Sort of fancy Beast of Burden in this first. Not gone mad but at 10/1 I didn't need to.

Also got it in combo forecasts with Nichols Canyon and Parlour games.

Fancy that as well for an e/w bet. Got it at 12/1.

Also on Parlour Games even though McCoy never wins for me.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:06 pm »
Fancy that as well for an e/w bet. Got it at 12/1.

Also on Parlour Games even though McCoy never wins for me.

Fuck, gnome

You know what happens when you follow my shouts !! :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »
Fuck, gnome

You know what happens when you follow my shouts !! :)

Sorry mate  :wave

Tbf though I stuck those two on hours ago so technically I haven't followed you.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »
Nichols Canyon never really in it.

Don Poli for the 2:05 I think
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2015, 02:01:17 pm »
Sorry mate  :wave

Tbf though I stuck those two on hours ago so technically I haven't followed you.

Ah.. so it was me who followed you then mate?
crap tip lad :lmao

Anyway, onto Kings Palace. Come on lad bring home the bacon.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2015, 02:13:55 pm »
Don Poli! Found plenty, gutted about Young Master, wish he could have at least placed but oh well, wasn't good enough.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »
Great ride by Cooper, for me, that.

Don Poli looks a difficult ride. It was idling after fences about four jumps in and he had to keep on plugging away at it.

Won comfortably in the end.

Hate aftertiming, but I've got it in a double with Sprinter Sacre.

Disappointed with The Young Master. Too quick for it.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:30 pm »
Kings Palace unplaced there?

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2015, 02:20:34 pm »
Kings Palace unplaced there?

Yeah.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »
Great ride by Cooper, for me, that.

Don Poli looks a difficult ride. It was idling after fences about four jumps in and he had to keep on plugging away at it.

Won comfortably in the end.

Hate aftertiming, but I've got it in a double with Sprinter Sacre.

Disappointed with The Young Master. Too quick for it.

they went off too quick in front firstly, and young master jumped one bad and then his jumping went to pieces after, left himself with no chance
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2015, 02:25:21 pm »
Willie Mullins with high praise for Don Poli.