Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 283600 times)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: International Watch
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2019, 10:25:55 am »
We'd have to transfer Estonia and Belarus to the Premier League.
I'm sure one of them could easily masquerade as the blueshite.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
Re: International Watch
« Reply #481 on: November 20, 2019, 12:00:43 pm »
I'm sure one of them could easily masquerade as the blueshite.

:D
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Releasing players for internationals.
« Reply #482 on: October 4, 2020, 04:01:55 pm »
Salzburg have announced they won’t be releasing players for internationals due to having 3 positive COVID tests in the squad. Should we not be doing the same as we’ve had atleast 2 positive tests( that we know of) ?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Releasing players for internationals.
« Reply #483 on: October 4, 2020, 04:08:18 pm »
It's a farce having internationals friendlies during this but I'm not sure many of our players would agree to missing out.

I would be surprised if there weren't some coronavirus cases post-international break but generally people are kept in tight bubbles and tested fairly regularly. The only exception are when Foden and Greenwood try and meet girls in their hotel room or whatever which could risk the entire two squads if they're somehow infected and there's enough time.
YNWA.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: October 4, 2020, 04:08:47 pm »
International football should be binned off for the foreseeable. Simple as that.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #485 on: October 4, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »
International football should be binned off for the foreseeable. Simple as that.

Forever. International football is shit and England is for racists.

But covid would be a nice excuse.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: October 4, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »
Completely agree. International games are always tedious affairs anyway but to have them in the midst of a second wave of COVID and have players flying around the world and mixing with players from several different clubs is insane.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #487 on: October 4, 2020, 04:30:11 pm »
Where do clubs stand in terms of being able to play those players, usually UEFA/FIFA ban them from playing for their clubs for a period if they don’t go on international duty don’t they?

And yes International football at the moment is complete madness as I’ve mentioned elsewhere 
« Last Edit: October 4, 2020, 04:31:58 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: October 4, 2020, 04:33:39 pm »

I hate internationals anyway and would love them to be canned., however, the knock on effect could be the cancellation of the CL and Europa too.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #489 on: October 4, 2020, 04:37:02 pm »
An International friendly behind closed doors....how fuckin appealing is that!

Absolute zero interest in international footy at the best of times but to hold them now is a joke.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: October 4, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »
Where do clubs stand in terms of being able to play those players, usually UEFA/FIFA ban them from playing for their clubs for a period if they don’t go on international duty don’t they?

And yes International football at the moment is complete madness as I’ve mentioned elsewhere 

10 days after international window I think

Talk is they can refuse this time if players have to quarantine on return.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #491 on: October 4, 2020, 04:38:58 pm »
Salzburg have announced they won’t be releasing players for internationals due to having 3 positive COVID tests in the squad. Should we not be doing the same as we’ve had atleast 2 positive tests( that we know of) ?
I don't know what we are going to do, but Salzburg have at least set a precedent I expect more teams to follow them. I would be happy if we would follow and I would be happier if every other team would follow because this is bullshit

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: October 4, 2020, 05:42:26 pm »
I don't know what we are going to do, but Salzburg have at least set a precedent I expect more teams to follow them. I would be happy if we would follow and I would be happier if every other team would follow because this is bullshit
It truly is. People have compared it to European club football , however I disagree with that as it’s still only players from two clubs involved . Internationals could easily include players from around 20 or so clubs.
Complete madness.
I really hope more clubs start withholding players.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #493 on: October 4, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »

The continent wide Euros should have been cancelled rather than rearranged.

Then there's the catch up they're playing because of this Qatar World Cup which is going to further fuck up the schedule for the next few years.

UEFA going ahead with the utterly pointless Nations League took the biscuit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #494 on: October 4, 2020, 06:21:49 pm »

This. Makes zero sense during a global pandemic with wildly different standards and infection rates all over the place.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: October 4, 2020, 06:57:24 pm »
This. Makes zero sense during a global pandemic with wildly different standards and infection rates all over the place.

Euros, Copa America and AFCON can all be cancelled if needed (all were this year, albeit they've tried to reschedule them but can be cancelled again and might have to be). Issue is the World Cup in Qatar which is worth too much for FIFA - and by the time of late 2022 things should be more back to normal - and they've got to fit all the qualifiers in somehow.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #496 on: October 4, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »
Cancel their travel plans. Straight to Melwood for 9am tomorrow.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #497 on: October 4, 2020, 09:16:36 pm »

Fuck that, I'd take them straight there.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #498 on: October 4, 2020, 09:16:37 pm »

If only.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #499 on: October 6, 2020, 11:44:51 am »
In my opinion, all non-domestic competition should be off for the foreseeable. Of course, this would never happen - especially the postponement of the Champions League - due to the money involved. I say this even though I love the Champions League as a competition and watch as much as I can of many of the games.

We should not be exposing the players to anything outside of their 'bubbles' to such an extent.

If the CL has to go ahead, modify the format to be more like the back end of last season and have teams involved all in isolation in the same location prior to games. Of course there is the issue of the calendar actually allowing this.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #500 on: October 6, 2020, 12:11:59 pm »

Yes Do it ;)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: October 6, 2020, 12:20:10 pm »
All it takes is for a few players to come back with positive results and the next round of league fixtures could be in jeopardy. I would love to hear the big wigs explain their reasoning as to why players are travelling across the globe for meaningless International fixtures during a pandemic. Just as you thought the likes of Fifa couldnt outdo themselves in terms of stupidity they go and remind us just why they are a corrupt and useless organisation.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander
« Reply #502 on: October 6, 2020, 12:30:12 pm »
It's an utter joke that internationals are going ahead. Some of them friendlies and that's if you are classing the nations league as competitive, if you don't they are all friendlies.

How many players in an international squad? 24. So potentially an international team could have 24 players from 24 different clubs in 24 different countries travelling internationally to another different country to face another international team which hypothetically could also have 24 players from 24 different clubs in 24 different countries.

When you think of the number of interactions there just between the players and the staff of 2 International teams and that's without taking into consideration the interactions of 24 players from 24 different clubs in 24 different countries up to 5 days prior to travelling. 24 players who up to 5 days prior would have had interactions with a whole club squad, staff, family and friends, family and friends of each club player and staff member, in a different country and that's just 1 player in 1 international squad.

Atleast the Champions League there is club bubble protection.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: October 6, 2020, 12:41:11 pm »
Internationals are even more pointless than before. The fact that they're still on, tells you how much UEFA/FIFA give a fck

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: October 6, 2020, 01:09:35 pm »
The club are often a soft touch. Always have been. Put the players first ffs

Online gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: October 6, 2020, 01:16:45 pm »
Stupid international football, it’s absolutely shite. All about making the FAs more money.

I reckon a lot more players might have been ill last week

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #506 on: October 6, 2020, 03:54:37 pm »
I think Klopp said he would only have 2 days with the players once they return from international duty before the Everton match which isn't great.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #507 on: October 6, 2020, 04:00:21 pm »
It’s genuinely the most laughable thing I’ve ever known in football to be having an international break at this point.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #508 on: October 6, 2020, 04:00:22 pm »
I think Klopp said he would only have 2 days with the players once they return from international duty before the Everton match which isn't great.

We always seem to have Everton right after international breaks. Then they stick it at lunchtime to make it even worse.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #509 on: October 6, 2020, 04:02:46 pm »
There is a global pandemic currently ravaging the world with case numbers having increased from where they were just a couple of weeks ago. And they still insist these internationals to go ahead. It's like something out of the Trump administration.

This will have consequences. It's going to hit some club very hard. Not necessarily in the Premier League, but it'll happen.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #510 on: October 6, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »
I know it's not the case for English players, but playing for their national team is a huge deal for many players. It's bigger than club football, and their performances for their country is what defines their career back home.
Stopping our players could hurt recruitment enormously.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: October 6, 2020, 04:17:34 pm »
It’s genuinely the most laughable thing I’ve ever known in football to be having an international break at this point.

To be fair, there are play offs which need to be played but the other games are a fucking nonsense.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: October 6, 2020, 04:19:45 pm »
We always seem to have Everton right after international breaks. Then they stick it at lunchtime to make it even worse.

Yep, or after a lockdown as with last season. That game is going to be shite to watch again, as both sides will have had about a day to prepare.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #513 on: October 6, 2020, 04:19:59 pm »
I am no fan of international footy generally, or England more specifically, but I get that many are around the world. However, given current events and the fact that the domestic season has only just started up again, it is absolute madness for players to be going off all over the place. The PL need to take action to stop it. You can`t have individual clubs imposing a ban on their players at that potentially puts the player in a difficult position. It needs to be a league wide thing. Use the 2 weeks as a break if you want, but internationals - nah
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #514 on: October 6, 2020, 04:21:34 pm »

Yep, it's fucking idiotic.

Who thought that sending players who are in a club bubble on planes all over the world to stay in close proximity with 20+ other players and countless more staff members, and then return back to their clubs, is a fucking idiot.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #515 on: October 6, 2020, 04:23:51 pm »
In the current climate, I think it's madness having international games taking place.

I loathe international football anyway and dread our players going away and getting injured. That's bad enough, but the way things are currently, I think international football should be on hold for the foreseeable future. We have enough players down with covid as it stands.

Whoever decided that international breaks were a good idea seriously needs to look long and hard at themselves.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 04:25:59 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: October 6, 2020, 04:39:53 pm »
In the current climate, I think it's madness having international games taking place.

I loathe international football anyway and dread our players going away and getting injured. That's bad enough, but the way things are currently, I think international football should be on hold for the foreseeable future. We have enough players down with covid as it stands.

Whoever decided that international breaks were a good idea seriously needs to look long and hard at themselves.
One of the reasons is that it is one of the main ways smaller FAs get money in.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: October 6, 2020, 08:52:11 pm »
The trouble with most of you lot is that you live in England  ;)

International football is great if it's not all focussed around the England team. I even like the Nations League - so much better than qualifying tournaments for World Cup or Euro Champs as teams only play against teams about their own level. During the last international break I watched a high quality game each day, including one where Portugal took Croatia apart, and I watched Portugal's left-sided attacker and wondered if he might just be a good player for Liverpool to buy...

But leaving aside for a moment the merits of international games at all, the better question is about playing them in a Covid world. I'd imagine the top countries will have good bubble policies (although doesn't prevent idiots like Foden and Greenwood) and will only have players from clubs that have lots of testing. Where it gets trickier is when our players have to mix with players who don't get lots of testing - Robbo with Scotland perhaps, or Williams and Wilson for Wales. Tsimikas came down with it last time, didn't he?

It really would have been smarter to have no international breaks this season, and then end the season in about mid-April and play all the internationals then. The only trouble would be if the domestic season then got delayed for Covid. I guess UEFA will have TV contracts they're legally obliged to meet too.

No easy answers that would make everyone happy. Really, I'd have preferred for Jurgen to be able to get our lads on the training ground after Sunday's game, but he always knew that wouldn't be possible. I suppose the best we can hope for is that all our lot come home uninfected and with Villa completely out of their system.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: October 6, 2020, 09:04:56 pm »
There's plenty of us who don't live in England and think that international matches are a waste of time. I'm one of them. Especially now in the midst of a pandemic.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: October 6, 2020, 09:21:11 pm »
To be fair, there are play offs which need to be played but the other games are a fucking nonsense.

The worst international break ever was September. Called so the absolutely useless Nations League could go ahead in the middle of a pandemic.

I can understand 'why the show must go on' now because they're already well behind on World Cup qualifiers, so if you stop the qualifiers you might as well stop the World Cup and FIFA exists on its World Cup money. Same reason why the Premier League is going ahead and the Champions League is going ahead. None of it should be really, but financial realities take precedent. Nations Leagues, EFL trophies and Carabao Cups going ahead is just being ridiculous though.