Author Topic: PhaseOfPlay on Spurs 0-5 Liverpool  (Read 23544 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: PhaseOfPlay on Spurs 0-5 Liverpool
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »
kind of agree with the gerrard one there.

No doubt his quality in midfield is still needed but gerrard as a player should know when he is detriment to the team. 

Some parts in the Tottenham game I was really crying out for the gerrard hollywood pass when we were passing sideways and backwards but the energy and the intricate passing play of our midfield trio and attack kind of makes up for the hollywood balls that gerrard brings.

The sideways and backwards passes allows for the pressing game to be played for longer, though. The Hollywood passes forces us to play more in transition which means we fatigue earlier, which means we can't press as often or as intensely. The fact that we took the sting out of the pace of the game with possession is partly why we were able to still press for the ball and look for a 6th goal in injury time.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 03:28:02 pm »

Some parts in the Tottenham game I was really crying out for the gerrard hollywood pass when we were passing sideways and backwards but the energy and the intricate passing play of our midfield trio and attack kind of makes up for the hollywood balls that gerrard brings.

I think I was doing the opposite of you  ;D

I was really enjoying how long we was holding on to the ball for, we just passed them to death. I wanted even more of the passing at some points but I think Rodgers got it spot on.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 03:33:31 pm »
Mark this day on your calendars, folks.

I would like to come to the defense of Glen Johnson.

I do believe part of his apparent 'lethargy' or ineffectiveness in the last few games has been due to his recovering (still) from his "high-ankle strain" (a much more serious injury than it sounds).
Ludi Circenses!

Offline awiin

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »
Class ^

Like I said before, the pressing was being mentioned a lot but that could have only been possible as a result of our ability on the ball, both with the quality we showed when being creative and just holding onto it.

Hopefully we can continue this trend and hopefully the Hull loss can be our 'Middlesboro' moment.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 03:59:35 pm »
The sideways and backwards passes allows for the pressing game to be played for longer, though. The Hollywood passes forces us to play more in transition which means we fatigue earlier, which means we can't press as often or as intensely. The fact that we took the sting out of the pace of the game with possession is partly why we were able to still press for the ball and look for a 6th goal in injury time.

a jewel of a post

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »
On the Glen Johnson enigma.

We're being linked with a lad from Barca, Montoya or something like that. No time to look up spelling etc. But would he be a solution?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »
Not only do the midfield of Allen, Lucas and Henderson suit a pressing game, think it's more than fair enough to say that harrying is in Sterling, Coutinho and, of course, Suarez natures. Nightmare, no wonder Spurs struggled.

Note on Johnson, he certainly hasn't been strengthening his bargaining position in contract negotiations. Which is a shame, I really like him, hasn't had a good 2013 at all, and given his age, it is a bit worrying. Given his wages, perhaps it's not so worrying from the management side in terms of contracts. Being in the market for a RB seems to make a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:07:50 pm by The Little Drummer Boy »

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »
It's amazing how much PoP's periodization prediction is starting to come true.

I saw this on Twitter earlier today:

Ben Pugsley ‏@benjaminpugsley 4h
Liverpool's 8 game splits in 13/14:
Shots +/-: -2/+69
Shots on target +/-: +7/+27
Points 17/16

What that says is we were actually outshot in the first 8 games of the season. That's the kind of number normally has you midtable. Now, there were definitely some mitigating circumstances, the most important of which is that we spent an inordinate amount of time winning by 1 goal, a game state where teams are typically outshot. But still, really good teams just don't put up numbers like that long term.

In the last 8 games, in contrast, we've been a solid top 4-type shot dominance team.

I looked up some other stats for myself. I looked at how many tackles we attempted in the middle and final thirds (a decent indication of how much we're pressing). I compared that to how much possession we had in the game, since you'd assume that you'd have fewer tackles if you have more of the ball. And, since the problem was attributed mostly to fitness, I looked at how many second half goals we've scored.

Middle and Final 3rd Tackles / 2nd Half Goals / Possession

Stoke: 27 / 0 / 52%
Aston Villa: 21 / 0 / 51%
Man U: 19 / 0 / 47%
Swansea: 10 / 0 / 44%
Soton: 15 / 0 / 54%
Sunderland: 14 / 1 / 52%
Palace: 13 / 0 / 58%
Newcastle: 9 / 1 / 56%

1st 8 games average: 16 (median: 14 or 15) / .25 / 51.75%
Excluding Stoke:  14.4 tackles

West Brom: 13 / 2 / 55%
Arsenal: 20 / 0 / 47%
Fulham: 18 / 1 / 62%
Everton: 17 / 1 / 49%
Hull: 10 / 0 / 56%
Norwich: 16 / 2 / 58%
West Ham: 19 / 2 / 59%
Spurs: 21 / 3 / 51%

2nd 8 games average: 16.75 (median: 17 or 18) / 1.4 / 54.6%
Last three games: 18.67 / 2.33 / 56%

So we've been averaging about the same number of tackles high up the pitch, despite having significantly more of the ball. It's also more noticeable if you leave out the Stoke game, which I think was pretty clearly played at a higher intensity than the other early games in an attempt to get out of the blocks quickly.

Even more striking, we have dramatically increased our goal output in the second half. We went from essentially never scoring in the second half, to averaging more goals in the second half than 13 teams average in the whole game! Look at just the three games since Hull, and it gets ridiculous.

I think it's clear we've stepped up the physical intensity in this second period of the season, just as PoP said we would. If this is just us starting to click, though, and we have a whole other gear to hit when we get into the last part of the year, we have many reasons to be optimistic.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:09:40 pm by ElstonGunn »

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2013, 04:06:58 pm »
Not only do the midfield of Allen, Lucas and Henderson suit a pressing game, think it's more than fair enough to say that harrying is in Sterling, Coutinho and, of course, Suarez natures. Nightmare, no wonder Spurs struggled.

Funnily enough, I've seen many a game, where Suarez is harrying the defender, but no one else is closing off the passing option, so the defender gets out of that situation, with Suarez left doing his frustrated dance at his team mates.

On Sunday, everything fell into place. As I said after that game, as much as I love Gerrard and Sturridge, I don't think we play that way if they're on the pitch instead of Allen and Sterling.

Hopefully those 2 really push on in the absence of 2 of our best players, because suddenly we're looking at quality all throughout a match day squad. Brilliant options, and options that can change the way we play.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 04:11:13 pm »
Things are afoot. I'd be interested in some discussion of how the tactical periodisation in training has led us to this point, where a team is eager to hunt the ball in packs, and seemingly does so naturally when that midfield three boasts both energy and tactical nous.
I think this is a really important point. It was hugely interesting reading the many quality posts on tactical periodisation from Phase Of Play last season, very reassuring and informative at a time where wasn't totally sure what Rodgers was aiming for. Since reading those I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been looking for signs of what PoP predicted in our play, and they've been there, sure enough. We really seem to have improved the team in stages, attack first, then defence, now it seems we're adding more pressing into that, and we've had some flexibility and success in switching between styles. It's not perfect yet, we haven't really looked clinical when we've been solid, nor have we ever managed to broadcast a sense of solidity when committing numbers to attack, but just to have looked clinical and solid, albeit at different times, is a huge progression on what we've seen in recent years, which have been characterised largely by teams with obvious limitations and little sense of a clear club plan to improve those weak areas.

I think where a game like this can really be a landmark is in getting that last bit of buy in and belief from a squad. In any job, any project, you can prepare brilliantly, you can work and edit and rework until you know, your team knows, whoever is working on the project knows that it is really something special - but that still doesn't count until it's delivered and you can start getting real feedback on it. This result is the equivalent of acing a presentation, or an article garnering lots of attention, or a book selling well. We knew we were getting good, now we've proved that we can be good, now we need to follow it up - the hard work is still only really just beginning but we also now know how to do that hard work, that it takes a lot but that we have enough effort and talent to do that work and to do it well.

This is where the off pitch stability is such a key. We all remember some landmark moments under Rafa, but they were never really followed up on structurally or strategically. We were the equivalent of having that great team doing an amazing project/producing a fantastic product, but then never having the means and/or foresight to market it properly, to exploit our contacts into getting that product seen or heard or bought.

It's also crucial that none of this will be coming as a surprise to our management, or not to the important parts of it. These are expected landmarks on a clear path. This kind of result, I could imagine, is celebrated with a professional nod, a tick of a box on a list, a small chink of modest glasses and then an immediate look at the schedule for what's required to reach that next tick on the list - and that is what I find most encouraging of all.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 04:33:57 pm »
Someone needs to collect this man's posts and turn into an ebook.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2013, 04:41:36 pm »
It's amazing how much PoP's periodization prediction is starting to come true.

I saw this on Twitter earlier today:

Ben Pugsley ‏@benjaminpugsley 4h
Liverpool's 8 game splits in 13/14:
Shots +/-: -2/+69
Shots on target +/-: +7/+27
Points 17/16
Addendum to this post.

In the first 8 games, our shots +/- was tenth in the league.
In the second 8 games, it's first in the league. And I don't think our schedule has been any easier. In fact, it's probably been harder.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »
Addendum to this post.

In the first 8 games, our shots +/- was tenth in the league.
In the second 8 games, it's first in the league. And I don't think our schedule has been any easier. In fact, it's probably been harder.

Doesn't the return of Suarez need to be taken into account?

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
It's always easy to backdate motives and aims of the manager, concluding it was planned all along. But I agree that the evidence here is showing a distinct plan to level up fitness and intensity as the season goes along and POP's words last season back that up. Team changes and injuries will effect the details, though, I doubt Rodgers expected us to not have Gerrard and Sturridge at once. What hugely impresses me is the readiness of the players coming in. Sterling had made cameo appearances but he's started and looked very good indeed. The training must be doing these lads wonders.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2013, 04:50:05 pm »
Doesn't the return of Suarez need to be taken into account?
Of course. But I think we're noticeably dropping off less physically in second halves.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »
It's always easy to backdate motives and aims of the manager, concluding it was planned all along. But I agree that the evidence here is showing a distinct plan to level up fitness and intensity as the season goes along and POP's words last season back that up. Team changes and injuries will effect the details, though, I doubt Rodgers expected us to not have Gerrard and Sturridge at once. What hugely impresses me is the readiness of the players coming in. Sterling had made cameo appearances but he's started and looked very good indeed. The training must be doing these lads wonders.
I think the key is that it's not backdating--I'm just identifying evidence to support what was PoP's prediction all along.

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2013, 04:55:02 pm »
Aye, I didn't mean to accuse rather than caution but I agree that your evidence good for suggesting the training plan has been carried out the way POP said (contrast that to Man United: after their pre-season of running, running and running they'll probably do better as they play more matches and maybe get a few more rest days in between matches as the games pile up).

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »
Interesting posts ElstonGunn. Thank you.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2013, 05:35:35 pm »
One thing I have noticed a few times from our pressing play, is that we suffocate the opponent on the ball from all sides. Many times Luis up front will just let the opponent push into midfield without pressure, then when our midfield start pressing him Luis comes alive again to block the "safe ball" that is usually available  if the opponent turns back to play to the keeper/centreback. Its almost like a Venus Fly Trap, just letting the opponent go forward a bit and then BAM, attacked from all sides.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »
Interesting posts ElstonGunn. Thank you.
Cheers.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

"The Raving Delusions of a Serial Madman"? :D

(Seriously, though, cheers. Much appreciated!)

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:43 pm »

Its already been done. Its called the under tens coaching manual  ;D  ;D
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 06:56:47 pm »

not sure if i make sense, but i observe the same with the current Barca. Despite having technically superb players, they've been playing long diagonal balls, and if those long passes do not come off, the opponents put them under pressure more often than they used to. I think this subsequently impact on a team's willingness and confidence.

What happened against Spurs i thought was the movement, or the diamonds as PoP educated me. Movement was relentless. The harassing by all involved including Coutinho was a pleasure to watch.

AVB's stubborn approach to games cost them big time. If they had move the defence line deeper, our pressuring would have been more difficult.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 07:43:37 pm »
Think its worth putting this (by Tika Taka) in here to show the extent of the hussling and hunting in packs we done throughout the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJDZn7qyMjA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It really is a good watch

Perhaps the most telling aspect of our wonderfully sustained pressing in this game is that it has been missing for so many other games this season.

And it doesn't take a giant leap of analysis to spot the difference in personnel. One or two posters - including P.o.P - have been hinting that there was an elephant in the room, ergo: how do we play the "shrink the pitch" high press when not all our players suit the system? The consequence has been a pragmatism and considerable flexibility towards systems. Injuries and perceived strengths and weaknesses in different opponents has played a part (and will again), but I think last weekend witnessed very much the sort of Liverpool Rodgers ideally wants to see. Gerrard's return is not imminent, so the next handful of games will tell us - and Rodgers - whether the current three are the future whatever the opposition.

The Johnson and Skrtel issues actually form part of the same question - how Rodgers wants us to play in an ideal universe. My suspicion is that he saw Johnson as very much a part of the future; like many on here he may be having second thoughts.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 07:44:04 pm »
havent had a chance to study the game.....i dont get a chance these days.

but things that struck me were.

1.The position and timing of pressed seemed far more in sync...the covering too (its just as important to get the covering right)...it worked very well..

we didnt allow spurs to play.

2.the passing between the midfield reminded me somewhat of that game when we played chelsea in the carling cup for lucas' second game.we tika taked round essien lampard and mikel that day with lucas and momo (yes momo)
it was like the players on sunday were on a  wavelength....makes the quick short passing easy and this is the best way to pass through a pressing team....no fannying about waiting for something to just open up or relying on a dictator to work in space that wont be there.

3.the attack.
ive been highly critical of sturridge this season because he seems clueless a lot of the time how to play the counter attack.
so often he would just drop deep without a thought for what he was then doing to the space around him....i call it brainless play.

sterling kept the back line honest by strecthing them away formt he midfield
so did coutinio on the left quite a bit

this helped massively.
saw it v west ham but it was hard to work out in that game wehther it was west hams intended tactic rather than our own change in how we counter.
think we had that answered sunday.

hope sturridge was paying attention
he does really well when we build up play but we need a striker who can learn things like this for the teams sake.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Ronster

• A Real Man who doesn't like Girlies
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »
Just done a bit of research on the younger players who are starting to show real signs of class.

Player                                    Age                           Academy O= Ours     S= Someone else's

Joe Allen                                23                                 S

Jorden Henderson                  23                                 S

Raheem Sterling                     19                                 O

Phillipe Coutinho                    21                                S

Jon Flanagan                           20                               O

Mamadou Sakho                     23                                S

Daniel Sturridge                      24                               s

The reason i did this research is because i'm exploring 'What constitutes a great side and how to stay a great side'. Just working on it now but the table is up there as a heads-up to refer back to when i've completed my research and post it. Thanks

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:12:09 pm by Ronster »
'When circumstances can not be changed attitude is everything'

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Just done a bit of research on the younger players who are starting to show real signs of class.

Player                                    Age                           Academy O= Ours     S= Someone else's

The reason i did this research is because i'm exploring 'What constitutes a great side and how to stay a great side'. Just working on it now but the table is up there as a heads-up to refer back to when i've completed my research and post it. Thanks

No Sturridge?

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 10:39:07 pm »
Now when i was born in '74 we were already a great side. That started a few years before with Shanks and we continued to be through Bob and Joe up to the late eighties with Kenny. Players where changing and managers were changing but we stayed great.

Then i think of a few other great European sides like Barca and Bayern currently and the Ajax and Milan sides and what makes or made them great. Barca and Ajax obviously have their academies and world class product coming through it at the right time. Even them down the road had a nationally renowned squad that's core came from their academy. City on the other hand seem to be buying the ready made product, hoping they will gel as a team. I don't look at City as being anywhere near a great side. Time will tell i suppose but i can't see that their method is correct. Surely buying youth and moulding and shaping them into team within the academy is the way forward. Not for all the players, but a core few. Then when you need to buy you know exactly what you need and for which position.

So to sum up the great sides - They built from youth then bought exactly who they needed when they needed them.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »
Brilliant post as usual Pop sir!

I note above someone else refers to the way Roma are using Totti and have used him in the last couple of years, thats good to see as i got lambasted elsewhere in this forum for suggesting we look at the way they did it with the hope Stevie is still playing for us at 37 as well. As for Glen is it an older player not willing to take on new ideas, or is he just the wrong guy for this system?
How has Totti been deployed?

I've been trying to figure out the Gerrard enigma for a couple of years now. He is too good to bench, is not quick enough nor fit enough for centre mid, won't have the stamina to play behind the striker or on the wing, probably doesn't have the legs for a wingback or right back (though, if his role is to start from behind the ball, then that might be ok... As for centre back, I just don't see him playing there.

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »
How has Totti been deployed?

I've been trying to figure out the Gerrard enigma for a couple of years now. He is too good to bench, is not quick enough nor fit enough for centre mid, won't have the stamina to play behind the striker or on the wing, probably doesn't have the legs for a wingback or right back (though, if his role is to start from behind the ball, then that might be ok... As for centre back, I just don't see him playing there.

As detailed above Rodgers has stated using him as a right sided centre back might be an idea, but some posters on here prefer him in a back three, as the libero role, using his quick thinking, quick feet (not speed), and accurate passing.  I actually think that latter role would be perfect for him, short and long passing, bringing the ball out of defence etc.  This role requires skill and accuracy, alongside a good tackle!
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:42 pm »
Theres also a white elephant in the room. Goodnight.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2013, 10:57:12 pm »
As detailed above Rodgers has stated using him as a right sided centre back might be an idea, but some posters on here prefer him in a back three, as the libero role, using his quick thinking, quick feet (not speed), and accurate passing.  I actually think that latter role would be perfect for him, short and long passing, bringing the ball out of defence etc.  This role requires skill and accuracy, alongside a good tackle!
Sound.. I remember Rodgers mentioning that he would be a great centre back, but i didnt remember any details other than that.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:35 pm »

Daniel Sturridge                      24                               s

Isn't Raheem Sterling a product of the QPR academy?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »

half and half really

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
Yes he is.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2013, 11:21:40 pm »

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:59 pm »
Love your work, PoP.

Let's not get carried away. We still have not reached the midway mark of the season but boy, are we looking devilishly good. We played well against Spurs at WHL and that's great. We now need to carry this form and more importantly, attitude, belief and work rate to the second half of the season. We have 2 big away games and that'll tell how far we've progressed.

The dream for me and everyone else is that we not only secure CL spot but win the league. I mean. why not when we do not know how long Suarez is going to be with us. I'm hoping FSG will realise there is something special brewing hrere and they need to back up BR in the January transfer.