Author Topic: RAWK Round Table LFC 5-1 NCFC  (Read 10261 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Round Table LFC 5-1 NCFC
« Reply #40 on: December 6, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »
What's this about Suarez? He smacks in a 40 yard volley, scores from a corner, smashes one in after a bit of spectacular skill, curls a freekick in and he could only do that for us?

A bit silly that isn't it really? He scores 4 goals out of absolute zilch, and people are trying to convince themselves it's because of the team he is in  :-X He's a bloody boss player and would be bloody boss wherever he went, like he has been! Can only hope he doesn't get a chance to prove it any time soon.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2013, 10:46:09 pm by The Little Drummer Boy »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #41 on: December 7, 2013, 12:00:20 am »
Was his second goal was the best of the quartet?

Wrong foot, rising ball, saw it late, and lashed (not paddled) into the back of the net. That was pure technique. The first time it occured to me he might score was when he was running towards the corner flag in celebration.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #42 on: December 7, 2013, 12:36:23 am »

Wrong foot, rising ball, saw it late, and lashed (not paddled) into the back of the net. That was pure technique. The first time it occured to me he might score was when he was running towards the corner flag in celebration.

It was the third for me Yorky. As hard as the second goal is to score (and indeed, there are probably only a handful of strikers in the Premier League who could've scored that goal on their wrong foot), it has become par for course for us spoilt Liverpool fans to expect Suarez to put those away. But the third was something that only Suarez in this league has the imagination and, more importantly, the ability to pull off. We are blessed to be witnessing a true maverick at work.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #43 on: December 7, 2013, 12:58:33 am »
C'mon now. Everyone so giggly about this silly Suarez thing, it goes unremarked that Henderson switched to the left without any discernible dip in form whatsoever, in fact perhaps played better? That's the real news here! say what you want about his level, he's versatile that lad.

Nope.

Cant do it.   ;D  Fucking Suarez. Awesome.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #44 on: December 7, 2013, 01:01:45 am »
In terms of individual brilliance, there's never been anything to measure up to Wednesday night in all the time I've been going. Which is one hell of a fuckin long time.

The ultimate goal of playing football has always been and will always be to get the ball in the net so that also has to be the ultimate criterion for any judgement. On that basis, nothing comes close to last night in terms of goalscoring quality. Not even remotely close.

Not St John, not Sir Roger, not KK, not KD, not Rushie, not Barnesey, not Robbie, not Torres. Not even the other Louis - Louis Bimpson!! Nor any of the many visiting geniuses down the years - Bestie, Law, Charlton, Greaves, Cruyff, Varga, Albert, the fella from Tiblisi, Henry.   

In fact Wednesday night was so amazing it didn't actually happen. It was merely a dream.

Yet it did happen. 

And those of us fortunate enough to have been there were hugely privileged to witness one of the true Sporting greats let alone footballing greats at the very peak of their sporting prowess. Yes it really was THAT exceptional and, as time goes by, it will inevitably become cherished by Reds as being the most incedible individual display they have ever seen.

:)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #45 on: December 7, 2013, 01:06:08 am »
In terms of individual brilliance, there's never been anything to measure up to Wednesday night in all the time I've been going. Which is one hell of a fuckin long time.

The ultimate goal of playing football has always been and will always be to get the ball in the net so that also has to be the ultimate criterion for any judgement. On that basis, nothing comes close to last night in terms of goalscoring quality. Not even remotely close.

Not St John, not Sir Roger, not KK, not KD, not Rushie, not Barnesey, not Robbie, not Torres. Not even the other Louis - Louis Bimpson!! Nor any of the many visiting geniuses down the years - Bestie, Law, Charlton, Greaves, Cruyff, Varga, Albert, the fella from Tiblisi, Henry.   

In fact Wednesday night was so amazing it didn't actually happen. It was merely a dream.

Yet it did happen. 

And those of us fortunate enough to have been there were hugely privileged to witness one of the true Sporting greats let alone footballing greats at the very peak of their sporting prowess. Yes it really was THAT exceptional and, as time goes by, it will inevitably become cherished by Reds as being the most incedible individual display they have ever seen.

:)
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #46 on: December 7, 2013, 03:20:45 am »

That's because you've always been a bit slow. Including not spotting my reference to the technique thingy for the second goal in my post earlier in the thread.  But I forgive you, because you are sweet.  :D

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 7, 2013, 03:36:21 am »
Suarez - genius. Footballing god. He doesn't only score goals but he scores out-of-the-world goals. He's not only quick minded but quick with his feet.

Take Suarez out of the discussion and one can say the first half was quite poor, especially at home. Perhaps the team was mentally affected by the Hull loss. After all, most of the players do not know how to handle the pressure of staying top 2, mind you top 4. Thought prior to Suarez's hattrick, the team didn't have any fluidity.

Things improved significantly after half time. Perhaps the pressure was lifted and the team could play with more freedom. Switching Sterling to his more familiar position on the right allowed him to move more freely. Good to see he's improved after the Hull game.

Allen was atrocious in the first half, giving away possession cheaply but came but much stronger, like the rest of the team, in the second half. I think he'll do well against the lesser teams. It'll be a good test for him if he plays against the midfield of Chelsea and Manchester City's caliber.

Midfield is still an issue because we lack the speed. I reckon the best away formation is to play 3 at the back with Sakho in the team. Skrtel and Agger do not impose themselves against physical centre forwards and we need our own beast to combat them.

It is an important month for us. We can't afford to lose any more players especially our special no. 7 who's banging in goals even though he's missed the first 6 matches. That's so unbelievable!!!!

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #48 on: December 7, 2013, 07:09:52 am »
Suarez is 26 and will gradually trail off?

In my opinion suarez is still developing albeit slowly and will get better

He has been producing these turns etc for years now and i think he will still be able to do that in his 30s, reason why is suarez delicatly place them where as gerrard just smashes them so its less power and tension on muscles

Suarez is natural at that stuff and will never lose it.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #49 on: December 7, 2013, 09:48:34 am »
That's because you've always been a bit slow. Including not spotting my reference to the technique thingy for the second goal in my post earlier in the thread.  But I forgive you, because you are sweet.  :D

Thank you muchly. I don't deserve it. I've revisited your (excellent) post and can now appreciate that my own point is redundant. Everything's been said already.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 7, 2013, 11:08:15 am »

Yep, those that left 5-mins early to steal away from the crowds missed the icing of the night with Sterling nicking a neatly taken goal. But other than the cheers by the exiting crowds at the news of Everton's wonderful away win against Man U, the focus was on yesterdays villain, Luis Suarez.
As we ascended the steps shuffling together the chatter was about one person only, "I've never seen anything ...."; "he's the best I've ......"; "what the fuck have we just witnessed ...."; and more poignantly "what would we do without him ......".

It was an immense pleasure and privilege to be able to make a short 20 minute drive to observe the genius of our time, to sing the name of a player that may not be bettered for another 20-years. To be part of a chorus that worshipped him momentarily with people lost for words and who just shook their heads in astonishment. We weren't even contemplating 4 when the 3rd went in as Norwich were thinking of their half-time Jaffa Cakes.

It was a spectacle, it was drama, it was passionate and most of all it was rewarding. Kopites haven't been gifted with fantastic home displays over the last 2-years so that one-man show by a magician was simply a treat.

I'd love to have been in the Norwich dressing room to hear them console each other after   being humiliated again by the best player in the league.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #51 on: December 7, 2013, 12:12:26 pm »
"what the fuck have we just witnessed ...." 

It was an immense pleasure and privilege to be able to make a short 20 minute drive to observe the genius of our time....

It was a spectacle, it was drama, it was passionate and most of all it was rewarding.

Sums it up for me. Thanks for that JC.

As the third one went in I actually slumped and lent on the main stand front wall my head in hands. It was as if we'd just conceded a sickening injury time killer blow against United in a cup final. For the only time in my entire Liverpool journey my instincts were not to celebrate like some demented loon but to actually slump in my seat.

Thing was I was simply unable to compute what had happened. How could any player possibly do what we'd just watched him do with those three strikes? Those around thought I'd had a funny turn or something worse but I really was just stunned. My reaction wasn't for show as it could be interpreted as being. I was just... utterly stunned. The opener had probably done the damage. The second had been Rushie at his best so I could deal with that. The third, however, played havoc with my senses and emotions. A three goal sequence of such quality is simply not possible. It could not, nay, cannot actually happen.

Three days later I'm still revisiting the videos to convince myself.

Arguably my team's finest ever sequence of events in play. In all those countless games I've watched. What I'd give to be able to talk it over and over again with my father. But, Luis, you left it 27 years too late mate. On a Wednesday night against Norwich barely three days after one of the worst watching experiences of our footballing lives you treated us to one of, if not the, finest. Fuck me.   

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #52 on: December 7, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »
Is there any point trying to analyse the game?

It boiled down to one player who shone so brightly that the rest of the players were eclipsed by his brilliance.
#JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 7, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »
Is there any point trying to analyse the game?

Agreed, to analyse the game may lead to negatives about conceding another headed goal, dullish MF performances and a mysterious absence of substitutions.

Lets just heap praise on our magician.