Author Topic: *  (Read 9315 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: *
« Reply #40 on: May 7, 2020, 03:52:22 pm »
He's right, there is.
That's not how you spell N*ville.

Anyway, all this is confusing me. Who came up with the asterisks thing? And what in the actual fuck does it even mean to begin with? Is it to signify "you're champions, but...." kind of thing?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2020, 05:15:45 pm »

Anyway, all this is confusing me. Who came up with the asterisks thing? And what in the actual fuck does it even mean to begin with? Is it to signify "you're champions, but...." kind of thing?

Neville said he would wear a shirt or a pin with an asterisk on it. This is where it started

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2020, 05:49:44 pm »

Opposition 'fans' and the likes of Gary Gobshite have been insisting for a while now that any Liverpool title win will be tainted and will have an asterisk next to it. Initially it was all to do with VAR, but since the global crisis kicked off and the Leagues were stopped, they've insisted any title win for us doesn't really count. If the season is curtailed and we are declared Champions, they believe an asterisk will always be associated with the win. If the season is resumed, they insist the season and our title win will also have an asterisk attached too. It's all about devaluing the almost superhuman effort and success we have achieved this season.

So yes, it's about saying ''yes, you're Champions, but you're not really because it doesn't really count.

In order to piss on their bonfire, we have not only claimed the asterisk as our own, we have embraced it and will attribute our own, positive, meaning to it.  8)

Liverpool F.C. Champions 2020*

*Of England, Europe, the World.      ;)
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 06:02:21 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #43 on: May 7, 2020, 05:58:44 pm »

“You’re champions, and....” is how I think of it.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: May 7, 2020, 06:07:12 pm »
Opposition 'fans' and the likes of Gary Gobshite have been insisting for a while now that any Liverpool title win will be tainted and will have an asterisk next to it. Initially it was all to do with VAR, but since the global crisis kicked off and the Leagues were stopped, they've insisted any title win for us doesn't really count. If the season is curtailed and we are declared Champions, they believe an asterisk will always be associated with the win. If the season is resumed, they insist the season and our title win will also have an asterisk attached too. It's all about devaluing the almost superhuman effort and success we have achieved this season.

So yes, it's about saying ''yes, you're Champions, but you're not really because it doesn't really count.

In order to piss on their bonfire, we have not only claimed the asterisk as our own, we have embraced it and will attribute our own, positive, meaning to it.  8)

BOOM!  In a nutshell.

Claim the * as our own, and take the negative out of it, which every one with an agenda seems to want to use as a stick to beat us with.

Fuck them.  They can use the * all they want. We embrace it.  ;D

* We prevailed as champions, by a record margin, in the most challenging modern season ever known to football.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 06:08:51 pm by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 7, 2020, 06:16:57 pm »
BOOM!  In a nutshell.

Claim the * as our own, and take the negative out of it, which every one with an agenda seems to want to use as a stick to beat us with.

Fuck them.  They can use the * all they want. We embrace it.  ;D

* We prevailed as champions, by a record margin, in the most challenging modern season ever known to football.  ;D

Yep. That's it.

It pisses on their bonfire and makes any asterisk taunt impotent, because we've already claimed the little beauty for ourselves.  8)

*NoVoid-19   ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: May 7, 2020, 06:23:06 pm »
Nicked from elsewhere

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 7, 2020, 06:29:10 pm »
^
 :thumbup :scarf :thumbup

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 7, 2020, 07:47:36 pm »

Cheers, SoP.

So, I got the asterisk right in use in N*ville's name. Really, the word c*nt (didn't need to actually include it in there manually) and N*ville really do have a lot in common, and the auto correct should imply as much.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #49 on: May 7, 2020, 07:52:40 pm »

Who gives a shit what idiots, media, and pundits think and write.

We'll be champions for the 19/20 season.

And even if the Premier League themselves decide to attach an asterisk to the achievement... who gives a shit.

A league's a league.

Plus we'll probably go on to win a few more in this 'Klopp era' so it'd be nice to be the only team to have won the league with and without an asterisk.
Another first for our great club.

:)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 7, 2020, 08:21:42 pm »
Suddenly seeing tributes all over the place to our achievement.  Nice touch here from the SNCF:

Even Manchester getting in on the act:

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 7, 2020, 08:46:37 pm »
Who gives a shit what idiots, media, and pundits think and write.

We'll be champions for the 19/20 season.

And even if the Premier League themselves decide to attach an asterisk to the achievement... who gives a shit.

A league's a league.

Plus we'll probably go on to win a few more in this 'Klopp era' so it'd be nice to be the only team to have won the league with and without an asterisk.
Another first for our great club.

:)

I doubt many give an actual shit what the idiots do, say or think, but it's always good to take the initiative and piss on their bonfire before they can get it lit.

So many have been rubbing their hands with glee over our title being asterisked. Now we've robbed the fuckers of that too.  8)

Edit: Great observation, Iska.  ;D

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2020, 05:17:30 am »
I hope he does wear an asterisk pin. It’ll just be a constant reminder to him and everyone else about how great we are. Imagine that every time he has to go to work, the first thing he’s got to do is stick on an LFC commemorative pin badge, sounds like he’s lost a bet with Carra more than anything else.

I like this

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2020, 07:16:39 pm »
I’m sure this thread is about Aster Vranckx
#JFT97

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2020, 09:46:45 pm »
Just watched that 89 programme on sky about last game of season.

Tough watch of course but was deeply depressing to see the outpouring of emotion and their parade etc knowing we are gonna be denied those scenes this year....really brought it home.

I know of course there is a bigger picture here right now, but it still stirred that feeling - endeed up turning it off when they were on parade and that!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2020, 05:48:01 pm »
The * doesn't matter.

Whether we're awarded the title, whether we win after restarting, this season will get a * after it for the disruption.

But fuck it, we'll be 2019-20 League Champions either way.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2020, 09:00:48 pm »
We would also get an * on our record points total, (especially if it went to PPG).  Imagine the record books permanently with Liverpool 2019/20 107*points.  I like it. 
I'm sure there are a few asterisked records we could claim this year? like earliest title*
This could Mess up many PL Stats (e.g. on Sky) forever. It has an imperfect beauty to it.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2020, 09:51:29 pm »
We would also get an * on our record points total, (especially if it went to PPG).  Imagine the record books permanently with Liverpool 2019/20 107*points.  I like it. 
I'm sure there are a few asterisked records we could claim this year? like earliest title*
This could Mess up many PL Stats (e.g. on Sky) forever. It has an imperfect beauty to it.
We'll definitely get the record amount of asterisks in a season award. That will also have an asterisk of its own too. *😂
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:53:02 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2020, 10:48:53 pm »
I like:

*highest points total of all time
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2020, 10:51:54 pm »
Or:

Liverpool 2020*

Premier League, European Cup, Super Cup and World Club Cup Champions
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2020, 09:40:22 pm »
If the club isn't looking at a sponsorship deal with asterisk.org then we should revolt. :D
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 09:51:18 pm »
If I was talented enough I'd make a banner of Asterix holding a giant shield with an asterisk on it 

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2020, 10:21:18 pm »
If I was talented enough I'd make a banner of Asterix holding a giant shield with an asterisk on it

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »
Couldn't give a shit about what Gary N*ville does with his chocolate starfish.

Having said that... yes lets claim it as our own.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2020, 07:36:24 pm »
Just watched that 89 programme on sky about last game of season.

Tough watch of course but was deeply depressing to see the outpouring of emotion and their parade etc knowing we are gonna be denied those scenes this year....really brought it home.

I know of course there is a bigger picture here right now, but it still stirred that feeling - endeed up turning it off when they were on parade and that!
I feel you.

But will make it an even bigger gig when we win it the season after.

Double celebration / pent up emotion and all that.

LFC doing things first yet again.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2020, 08:29:50 am »
For me, an * will only apply if the season isn't played to a conclusion. If there is to be an * it will signify;

* Best ever start to a season by anybody anywhere - after 21 games we had 61 points
* 27 wins from 29 matches
* Most PL home wins in a row, currently at 22 after beating Bournemouth
* A total of 110 points from a rolling 38 game stretch - highly unlikely to ever be beaten
* The largest gap in Premier League history at 25 points with 9 games to go
* On course for the points record 
* On course to win all of our home games in a season, something not done before in PL history - 15/15 to date
* On course for most away wins in a PL season 12/14 to date, 16 is the PL record
* On course for most wins in a PL season - 27 to date, 32 is the PL record

If anybody claims Liverpool don't deserve this title they are a deluded idiot, blinded by their own jealousy at how good we have been. If anybody claims this title should have an * then simply agree with them, as this team would have set even more records if it weren't for a global pandemic stopping them in their tracks.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2020, 09:15:09 am »
Fans might claim we didn't deserve it but deep down they'll know. Pundits, ex players and managers etc will all be talking about this team for years and years whatever happens.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2020, 09:19:10 am »
Fans might claim we didn't deserve it but deep down they'll know. Pundits, ex players and managers etc will all be talking about this team for years and years whatever happens.
That's what makes it better - them kicking up a fuss or using an asterisk - It will just make it stand out more and be more memorable.  They can't take the amazing nature of this title away from us.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2020, 09:34:46 am »
The Vitalstatistix as shown above proves that the * is indeed merited

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2020, 10:38:46 am »
I was thinking the banner could be the Red Hot Chilli Peppers logo but with Reds Are Champions or something.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2020, 01:31:53 am »
Maybe it's still too early for me, but what's the difference there?!

Stop being so gaullible.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2020, 04:03:59 pm »
So completing the season after a break will give us an asterisk after it , there was a documentary on called 89 about Arsenal’s season in which they pipped us to the title in the last minute , anyone who was around that time will remember how hard it was for Liverpool after Hillsborough, football never stopped but we did and rightly so . We never played for over 3 weeks , had all the emotional turmoil of fellow supporters , friends , relatives being mourned and buried .

Then we returned and played on the 3rd , 7th , 10th, 13th, 16th , 20th ( fa cup 120 minutes final ) , 23rd and finally the 26th May on that epic night at Anfield and Arsenal beat us , did we or has anyone ever mentioned a possibly asterisk after there achievement no we didn’t we applauded them off the pitch .

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2020, 06:51:10 pm »
So completing the season after a break will give us an asterisk after it , there was a documentary on called 89 about Arsenal’s season in which they pipped us to the title in the last minute , anyone who was around that time will remember how hard it was for Liverpool after Hillsborough, football never stopped but we did and rightly so . We never played for over 3 weeks , had all the emotional turmoil of fellow supporters , friends , relatives being mourned and buried .

Then we returned and played on the 3rd , 7th , 10th, 13th, 16th , 20th ( fa cup 120 minutes final ) , 23rd and finally the 26th May on that epic night at Anfield and Arsenal beat us , did we or has anyone ever mentioned a possibly asterisk after there achievement no we didn’t we applauded them off the pitch .
In all seriousness, there should only be an asterisk over the season if it gets curtailed and decided on PPG. The asterisk would be attached to the 19-20 season itself rather than the title winners.

If/when the season is completed on the field of play, there should be no asterisk at all attached to the season because all games will have been completed, despite there being a delay.

Whichever way it pans out, the asterisk belongs to the season, not the Champions, not those who qualified for Europe and not those who were relegated. Not those who win the FA Cup, if that ever got completed, either.

If we take logic and common sense out of the equation we have to remember that many opposition weirdos were saying a Liverpool title win would come with an asterisk anyway because of VAR. It seems like a lifetime ago now, but just a few months ago they were saying VAR was only put in place to ensure Liverpool won the league, even though the season before they said once it comes in it would ''stop Liverpool cheating.''   :rollseyes

Anyway, however it panned out, idiots would delight in going on about an asterisk, so that's why it's so delicious that we have adopted it as our own anyway. That way, we get to control the asterisk narrative, not them.  * 8)

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2020, 03:11:50 pm »

No internet in those days.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2020, 09:45:06 pm »
I feel you.

But will make it an even bigger gig when we win it the season after.

Double celebration / pent up emotion and all that.

LFC doing things first yet again.

Be nice if was to happen.....AFCON may fuck that plan up though - although not sure where all that stands now.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2020, 09:54:17 am »
That way, we get to control the asterisk narrative, not them.  * 8)
I’m so attached to the asterisk now that part of me kind of doesn’t want football to come back this year.  Personally I’ll be giving 19/20 a little star even if we notch up nine back-to-back 8-0 wins and claim the title by forty-five points.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2020, 11:03:49 am »
For me, an * will only apply if the season isn't played to a conclusion. If there is to be an * it will signify;

* Best ever start to a season by anybody anywhere - after 21 games we had 61 points
* 27 wins from 29 matches
* Most PL home wins in a row, currently at 22 after beating Bournemouth
* A total of 110 points from a rolling 38 game stretch - highly unlikely to ever be beaten
* The largest gap in Premier League history at 25 points with 9 games to go
* On course for the points record 
* On course to win all of our home games in a season, something not done before in PL history - 15/15 to date
* On course for most away wins in a PL season 12/14 to date, 16 is the PL record
* On course for most wins in a PL season - 27 to date, 32 is the PL record

If anybody claims Liverpool don't deserve this title they are a deluded idiot, blinded by their own jealousy at how good we have been. If anybody claims this title should have an * then simply agree with them, as this team would have set even more records if it weren't for a global pandemic stopping them in their tracks.

This.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2020, 10:46:36 am »
Troy Deeney. Another twat who thinks we will have an asterisk against our title win.

‘I feel sorry for Liverpool because no matter how it plays out, they deserve to win the league. They deserve to get the trophy. ‘But no matter how it plays out, even if we play all the games, it’s still going to be the year spoiled by the pandemic. ‘It’s not going to be that year that Liverpool won the league being the best team and, you know, it’s 30 years they haven’t won for.

‘So I do feel sorry for Liverpool and their players and Jordan [Henderson], but in terms of integrity, there’s no way you could say that this is a viable competition. ‘It’s like running a marathon, 20 odd miles, stopping for two months and then sprinting the last bit and going: “Ah, that was a good time that

I fucking love it. Embr*ce it

Two more games

Two

*19  8)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2020, 11:06:50 am »
Troy Deeney. Another twat who thinks we will have an asterisk against our title win.

‘I feel sorry for Liverpool because no matter how it plays out, they deserve to win the league. They deserve to get the trophy. ‘But no matter how it plays out, even if we play all the games, it’s still going to be the year spoiled by the pandemic. ‘It’s not going to be that year that Liverpool won the league being the best team and, you know, it’s 30 years they haven’t won for.

‘So I do feel sorry for Liverpool and their players and Jordan [Henderson], but in terms of integrity, there’s no way you could say that this is a viable competition. ‘It’s like running a marathon, 20 odd miles, stopping for two months and then sprinting the last bit and going: “Ah, that was a good time that

I fucking love it. Embr*ce it

Two more games

Two

*19  8)

He's just looking for attention and trying to stay relevant. Just boring now.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2020, 12:19:27 pm »
I’m going to be absolutely devastated if it doesn’t get a little * now.  It always will do in my eyes.  It’s like the punctuation equivalent of that tiny gold trophy the unbeaten Arsenal team got.