Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 193396 times)

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2018, 10:35:12 pm »
Can't remember who it was against but at the World Cup I remember a shot was going miles wide and he still made a dive for it, like a proper hollywood dive. Guy is a complete pillock.

pick any of the 7 games England played, loves a dive for the cameras

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:15 pm »
For me, one of the most striking things about him is his inability to read the game. I might be talking nonsense but for a professional goalkeeper with years of training, he isn't very good at anticipating things or even following the flight of the ball. His general positioning is also not up to scratch. He has athleticism which bails him out but with some of his 'eye-catching' saves, a better goalkeeper would save the shot comfortably because of good positioning.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2018, 11:12:38 pm »
I was saying it all world cup. He's a fraud being way over hyped by the media.

Now I get to bask in the greatness of being right before it was cool.
To be fair to Gary Neville (at least I think it was him) he called Pickford out for that bizarre attempt to keep out Januzaj's shot.  As it turned out to be a good defeat in so far as we ended up in the weak half of the draw it didn't really get any more attention and he was back to being heralded as the next coming when he saved one of Colombia's five penalties.

Some shithouse play last night when he tried to kick out at one of the Watford players celebrating their second goal.  True to form though he missed.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2018, 01:15:41 am »
It would be funny if he gets injured & has to miss a few matches because of his comical Hollywood dives when he's nowhere near saving the ball. ;D
#Sausages

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2018, 01:19:41 am »
One of the best things about Alison is he's over here actually being world class while Pickford is is being Pickford and the PR machine is trying to hype him up
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2018, 01:14:28 pm »
A couple of very good saves are keeping Everton in it. And then for the offside he seemed to dive out of the way?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2018, 01:55:03 pm »
I just switched on the Corrupt FC vs Blueshite game a few mins ago, frist thing I see - Pickford booting it straight out of play  :P

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2018, 04:08:15 pm »
I just switched on the Corrupt FC vs Blueshite game a few mins ago, frist thing I see - Pickford booting it straight out of play  :P

was that when he tried to start a quick break and had his player more or less open on the wing? That was brilliant.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2018, 04:35:11 pm »

He did it at least twice.

For me, one of the most striking things about him is his inability to read the game. I might be talking nonsense but for a professional goalkeeper with years of training, he isn't very good at anticipating things or even following the flight of the ball. His general positioning is also not up to scratch. He has athleticism which bails him out but with some of his 'eye-catching' saves, a better goalkeeper would save the shot comfortably because of good positioning.

He is awful.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:13 pm »
Can people please stop slagging Pickford off.

He's been great for us this season.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2018, 04:49:44 pm »
Jo (Hart)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2018, 04:53:44 pm »
Can people please stop slagging Pickford off.

He's been great for us this season.

He let us down badly today
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2018, 08:29:14 pm »
was that when he tried to start a quick break and had his player more or less open on the wing? That was brilliant.

no idea! 2nd half sometime it was, it was perfect timing on  my behalf, just saw the ball sailing into touch and then the camera panning back to him with that gormless look on his face  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
I love his dramatic theatrical dives at times when they just aren’t needed. I think he did it for their 2nd or 3rd (can’t remember which) and it just looks ridiculous.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2018, 09:11:34 pm »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:40 pm »
Can't remember who it was against but at the World Cup I remember a shot was going miles wide and he still made a dive for it, like a proper hollywood dive. Guy is a complete pillock.

Was that the 'save' against Columbia in the last minute which gave away a corner which they scored from?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2018, 09:32:14 pm »
That's uncanny man.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2018, 09:36:16 pm »
He's fucking dreadful

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2018, 10:00:47 pm »
I love his dramatic theatrical dives at times when they just aren’t needed. I think he did it for their 2nd or 3rd (can’t remember which) and it just looks ridiculous.

His saves look good because he’s so small, so he has to leap for most of them. It doesn’t look as impressive when you anticipate it and make an easy looking save.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2018, 12:49:58 am »
He's absolutely atrocious at everything, there can't be many worse that have played regularly in the history of the top division.

Just saw the highlights  ;D  :shite:

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2018, 02:21:52 am »
Just saw the highlights  ;D  :shite:

Me too. He has a pathological need to leap vertically. He's hilariously bad but equally very enjoyable to watch because of it!

Watch the 1st and 3rd City goals. He's too concerned with trying to leap and get great height than actually stepping and, you know, trying to make a save

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2018, 12:18:35 pm »
Jordan Dropford.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »
Me too. He has a pathological need to leap vertically. He's hilariously bad but equally very enjoyable to watch because of it!

Watch the 1st and 3rd City goals. He's too concerned with trying to leap and get great height than actually stepping and, you know, trying to make a save

He’s part human, part Harrier Jet with his vertical take offs!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2018, 03:51:00 pm »
He’s part human, part Harrier Jet with his vertical take offs!

If only he had that sort of wingspan
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2018, 04:19:00 pm »

I wonder if all the jibes about his reach have got to him and he's desperately trying to over compensate now?

I usually turn MotD off after our game but left in on last night and saw the goals the Bitters conceded at City. Yep, Pickford is shite, and vastly overrated by many
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2018, 04:42:56 pm »
I wonder if all the jibes about his reach have got to him and he's desperately trying to over compensate now?

I usually turn MotD off after our game but left in on last night and saw the goals the Bitters conceded at City. Yep, Pickford is shite, and vastly overrated by many

And his distribution is sub standard as well.

City's first goal came directly from playing a poor ball to Donkey Mina who hoofed it straight to a City player.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2018, 06:08:00 am »
The face he's making on Sterlings goal is worthy of a Phil Jones gurning bust award
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:25 am »
And his distribution is sub standard as well.

City's first goal came directly from playing a poor ball to Donkey Mina who hoofed it straight to a City player.

He should have chosen his usual and just hoofed it out for a throw.

He did pull off one sublime pass in the second half, starting a quick break, pings it out to the left wing, right to the head of the fella in row D.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2018, 07:53:29 am »
He doesn't seem very bright.

Remember a interview after one of the WC matches where he came across super arrogant like he was the finished article.

He has bizarre technique and the best myth is that he is good with his feet.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:10 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2018, 11:08:18 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2018, 11:37:41 pm »
^
Arm extensions?

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2018, 12:08:33 am »

:wave

The vehicle is raised and supported on steel jack stands, and the wheel and tire assembly is removed.

Stabilizer bar links are detached from the shortarms, if applicable. ABS wiring to the wheel speed sensor, if routed along the arm, is disconnected.

Shortarm mounting bolts are detached from the frame and from the axle carrier if the shortarm is in the rear.

For front shortarms connected to the steering knuckle via a ball joint, the nut is removed from the ball joint stud and the stud is pushed through the steering knuckle to free the arm.

The new arm is installed using new mounting bolts if required by the service manual. In many cases, the fasteners must be tightened with the vehicle weight on the suspension in order to ensure the bushings are in a neutral, or resting, position.

The vehicle is lowered and road tested to confirm the problem is resolved. Replacing a shortarm will change the vehicle alignment settings and the mechanic will refer you to a professional alignment shop to have the vehicle alignment set to factory specifications.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »
Wonder what calamitous error he will make this weekend against Spurs?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2018, 03:51:28 pm »
He's just your usual run-of-the-mill mid-table keeper.  Nothing special, other then he happens to be English and the best of a below-par generation of English keepers.

He's just another Young Ben Foster, just a couple of years younger.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »
Wonder what calamitous error he will make this weekend against Spurs?
Either Kane or Alli will have a shot that's about chest height and 5 feet away from him. Instead of diving to the side and saving it, he'll do that weird thing where jumps vertically while turning his sideways, the static dive, and miss the ball by a foot.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:37 pm »
Either Kane or Alli will have a shot that's about chest height and 5 feet away from him. Instead of diving to the side and saving it, he'll do that weird thing where jumps vertically while turning his sideways, the static dive, and miss the ball by a foot.

I'm hoping for a shot going 3 yards wide that he dives for and pushes for a corner. Obviously Spurs to not score from it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2018, 04:25:13 pm »
I'm hoping for a shot going 3 yards wide that he dives for and pushes for a corner. Obviously Spurs to not score from it.
There is a good chance both these things will happen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2018, 04:51:15 pm »
In 17 League matches.

4 clean sheets.

In the other 13 matches , 22 goals conceded. Or an average of 1.7 goals conceded when Jordan lets one in. So virtually 2 goals per match.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2018, 04:53:15 pm »
In 17 League matches.

4 clean sheets.

In the other 13 matches , 22 goals conceded. Or an average of 1.7 goals conceded when Jordan lets one in. So virtually 2 goals per match.

Maintaining his form
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.