Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6745511 times)

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
Re: The Everton/FC Sexy - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »
I'm assuming you mean every year there's a sensible debate without fail?

We finished above you between 2011-2013. Last season you finished 12 points above us, but have since lost one of the best players in the World.

In the upper reaches of the Prem it's about fine margins. For every person who says they'd prefer Sturridge there'd be another who prefers Lukaku. Same could be said across the teams.

It's likely that Liverpool will finish above Everton imo, because the fine margins are just balanced in your favour.
The two seasons before last you finished just four points then two points ahead of us, both times by just one position. We had Suarez for both of those seasons! So do you really think that 14 point turnaround is simply down to Suarez?  ???
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 12:32:09 pm »
Let him think what he wants. He's in for an almighty shock if he thinks the only difference in quality between the two squads was Luis Suarez.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2014, 12:43:14 pm »
The two seasons before last you finished just four points then two points ahead of us, both times by just one position. We had Suarez for both of those seasons! So do you really think that 14 point turnaround is simply down to Suarez?  ???

Of course not.

His step up helped, but the main reason was you utilising a system that suited your players.

Let him think what he wants. He's in for an almighty shock if he thinks the only difference in quality between the two squads was Luis Suarez.

Did you miss the bit where I said the fine margins come out in Liverpool's favour and I think that you're likely to finish above us?

Losing Suarez has, on paper, made it closer. Football isn't played on paper, so who knows.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:42 pm »
Anyway -

I've got my tickets for Leicester away on Saturday. I'm actually a tad worried, as we've looked disjointed through pre-season and we don't look ready for competitive football.

Mirallas and Lukaku apparently are taking part in a behind closed doors friendly mid-week, but I doubt they'll start.

With Kone still lost in the ether, it's looking like Naismith starting upfront by himself. This'll be difficult in a match where we should dominate possession and Leicester are (according to Leicester fans) likely to play on the break.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »
The Suarez scenario is just because we're comparing first XIs in a World that is now without Suarez. I don't think you've signed anyone who'll step into your first XI ahead of a player you already had.

You'll change your mind when you see us play.

You don't replace Suarez with like for like.

So Rodgers has retooled the side for a new season.

Last season we primarily played 4-diamond- 2 in order to accommodate Suarez and Sturridge.

We know Rodgers prefers 4-3-3 in attack, which needs only one striker. Rodgers has bought players based on what formation(s) we will use this season featuring Sturridge. When teams park the bus, Lambert comes in, so we now have an option. And if we don't have Sturridge, we still have pace across the front three to cause problems. A bit like Barca when they didn't have any strikers and rely on their #10. ( Not that i'm saying we have Messi in our team but that we have loads of players who are versatile and can play across the front three with Coutinho or Lambert directing traffic)

In truth we'll still see the diamond formation, 4-5-1 when we drop back in defense, we'll use 4-4-1-1 at times like we did last season, and 4-2-3-1. Why? Because we have the options, youth and pace, and players to play all those formations. Even without Suarez.  :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:17 pm »
You'll change your mind when you see us play.

You don't replace Suarez with like for like.

So Rodgers has retooled the side for a new season.

Last season we primarily played 4-diamond- 2 in order to accommodate Suarez and Sturridge.

We know Rodgers prefers 4-3-3 in attack, which needs only one striker. Rodgers has bought players based on what formation(s) we will use this season featuring Sturridge. When teams park the bus, Lambert comes in, so we now have an option. And if we don't have Sturridge, we still have pace across the front three to cause problems. A bit like Barca when they didn't have any strikers and rely on their #10. ( Not that i'm saying we have Messi in our team but that we have loads of players who are versatile and can play across the front three with Coutinho or Lambert directing traffic)

In truth we'll still see the diamond formation, 4-5-1 when we drop back in defense, we'll use 4-4-1-1 at times like we did last season, and 4-2-3-1. Why? Because we have the options, youth and pace, and players to play all those formations. Even without Suarez.  :P

Do you think you might rebalance more towards defence as part of this retooling? I'm saying that as reducing your league goals conceded tally of 50+ will be easier than scoring 100+ without Suarez. Plus, you've put down £20m for a centre half.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:14:36 pm by TomDixie »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:55 pm »
Do you think you might rebalance more towards defence as part of this retooling? I'm saying that as reducing your league goals conceded tally of 50+ will be easier than scoring 100+ without Suarez. Plus, you've put down £20m for a centre half.

Probably not, but we have recruited more defenders that fit the system better, and have a vocal organiser at the back. Those measures alone should reduce the goals conceded.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
And a direct rival to us has just put down £43m for a CB who's a backup in the French squad to our £17m CB. Luiz for £50m and Shaw for £30m also make Lovren look like a bargain!  ;)
XBL: Flash6289

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »

Chicken and egg theory.

Was our defense so bad because of the players or that we rarely played the same back 4 twice in a row?

Probably some combination of both.

This season is looks like Skrtel, Sakho, Coates and Lovren will be fighting for places. I'm happy with those four.
Wiith Kelly as 5th choice. And that's provided we sell Agger as well.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:28 pm »
I can`t work out how the Blues will perform this season. They have blown their load on Lukaku, who at times was very good for them last season and at times their supporters thought he was fucking useless. They don`t seem to have strengthened their squad much because they already had Lukaku last season and Deulefeou has gone back to Barca.

All the other teams around them have done good business, so it`s going to hard for them to progress on from last season.

I think Martinez will need to have a blinder this season to keep them up there where he had them last season.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »
But they are very settled. Given the lack of player turnover, they could hit the ground running and gain some momentum. It's a tough call.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 03:02:33 pm »
We finished above you between 2011-2013. Last season you finished 12 points above us, but have since lost one of the best players in the World.

In the upper reaches of the Prem it's about fine margins. For every person who says they'd prefer Sturridge there'd be another who prefers Lukaku. Same could be said across the teams.

It's likely that Liverpool will finish above Everton imo, because the fine margins are just balanced in your favour.
Between 2011-2012 we had basically just survived almost going into administration. The difference between the club then and now is poles apart. I'd have agreed in those seasons that our relative squads were of a similar quality. Now however bar your fullbacks I don't think they are. Barkley is an outstanding talent, and Stones may be very good. The rest of your squad is decent, but not much better than Spurs, United even Soton. Lukaku for me is an anomaly, his physicality makes him a threat but I just don't think of him as a very good "footballer". He'll do well for you, but to put him in the same class as Sturridge, who has to be with Aguero and RVP the outstanding strikers in the league, is wishful thinking.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 03:36:34 pm »
@Tom

You are presenting your points in the correct way so fair play, but you are I'm afraid suffering from a bit of what so many opposition fans fail to recognise with this current Liverpool team. The team has never been about a Suarez, he was just a functioning cog of a seemless whole. If you watched our run in closely Sterling and Coutinho were taking turns at being the key players, Sturridge and a Henderson early in the season and Suarez in the middle.

The level of play we displayed is so far exceeding anything this Everton team would be capable of, with or without Suarez that I think the use of your fine margins term is just a tad ridiculous. We routed teams, not just scraped past them, we absolutely trounced them. Points difference alone isn't enough to show this gulf in class and it is why very few of your team could hope to win a place in our side. To put it bluntly, our players are just a level above. It may be arrogant to say that but there is ample evidence over the past 18 months to prove it and with £100 odd million spent I'm not sure we will see too much of a downturn through just losing Suarez. Sterling and Coutinho are exceptional young talents who are about to become even better this season and they are who this team is built upon. I look at your team and don't see the same fluidity or threat but I guess time will tell.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »
But they are very settled. Given the lack of player turnover, they could hit the ground running and gain some momentum. It's a tough call.

They've got a tough start regarding the fixture list. Tougher then ours I'd say. They really are going to have to hit the ground running.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »

They could well hit the ground running, but given the lack of player turn over and bringing anyone in, I think the EL is going to wear their squad very very thin.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2014, 04:23:02 pm »
I hope the margins remain fine ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aS5cF5kRH-w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aS5cF5kRH-w</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2014, 04:47:50 pm »
So do you really think that 14 point turnaround is simply down to Suarez?  ???

Of course he does, that's what they all think. They are gonna explode with bitter rage when we are just as good if not better this season without Suarez.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »
Is Coleman injured? Is he likely to start their first game?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »
Anyway -

I've got my tickets for Leicester away on Saturday. I'm actually a tad worried, as we've looked disjointed through pre-season and we don't look ready for competitive football.

Mirallas and Lukaku apparently are taking part in a behind closed doors friendly mid-week, but I doubt they'll start.

With Kone still lost in the ether, it's looking like Naismith starting upfront by himself. This'll be difficult in a match where we should dominate possession and Leicester are (according to Leicester fans) likely to play on the break.
When's Kone supposed to be back for you ? Must of been a bad injury to keep him out so long.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:59 pm »
I hope the margins remain fine ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aS5cF5kRH-w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aS5cF5kRH-w</a>

Happy Days! ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2014, 07:57:18 pm »
The Suarez scenario is just because we're comparing first XIs in a World that is now without Suarez. I don't think you've signed anyone who'll step into your first XI ahead of a player you already had.
manquillo, lovren, Moreno, can are four as starters  plus replacing the likes of aspas and Moses with lallana/lambert instead

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2014, 08:24:16 pm »
Funny how Suarez is now one of the best players in the World, now that he's left us!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »
Funny how Suarez is now one of the best players in the World, now that he's left us!

Rival supporter revisionism. You've got to love it. It's up there with the you won't cope with all those extra Champions League games, even though you're getting knocked out in the group stage line.

Bless.

On the subject of Everton. 10th.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2014, 08:44:15 pm »
Rival supporter revisionism. You've got to love it. It's up there with the you won't cope with all those extra Champions League games, even though you're getting knocked out in the group stage line.

Bless.

They also forget that for the first half of last season they had Jelavic.  And he's better than Suarez remember. 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
£28 million for Lukaku, still can't stop laughing. :lmao

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2014, 09:21:34 pm »
Of course not.

His step up helped, but the main reason was you utilising a system that suited your players.

Did you miss the bit where I said the fine margins come out in Liverpool's favour and I think that you're likely to finish above us?

Losing Suarez has, on paper, made it closer. Football isn't played on paper, so who knows.
That's probably the worst argument I've seen on here. What team wouldn't utilise a system that suited their players?!  :o ???

In any case I think this argument will be put to bed when Everton bring their stellar pre-season form into the opener and get tonked at Leicester.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:53 pm »
That's probably the worst argument I've seen on here. What team wouldn't utilise a system that suited their players?!   :o ???

In any case I think this argument will be put to bed when Everton bring their stellar pre-season form into the opener and get tonked at Leicester.

*cough* Moyes , United *cough*

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2014, 10:50:57 pm »
£28 million for Lukaku, still can't stop laughing. :lmao

Where did they get the money?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:05 pm »
Bill has got a star role in Corrie , its getting screened next year, a few extra quid for them.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2014, 11:17:57 pm »
Bless.

Think I laughed far too much at that, excellent. Abrupt.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:03 am »
To be fair they essentially made a straight swap between Fellaini and Lukaku money wise, which is pretty good. Agent Moyes, it's a shamee from Evertons POV that he couldn't hang on another summer to give them another £30m for McGeady or McCarthy too. He totally would've too :P

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2014, 12:32:08 am »
"Sterling is by far their best player.

Imagine that, having 1 decent player in the whole squad and hes average at best."

:lmao

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2014, 06:03:44 am »

Imagine that, having 1 decent player in the whole squad and hes average at best."

They never learn do they.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2014, 06:45:50 am »

Keep reading this from Everton related posts - they really, really don't like us do they?  ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2014, 06:51:15 am »
Bring back Moyes I say

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2014, 07:28:26 am »

GOT is where you got that I assume? I read their thread on us a few times and mixed amongst the delusions of grandeur, is some of the sickest abuse I've read read directed at our fans. There'll be a red trying to discuss us in a respectful way, and he/she will be called "murderer/wall pusher/racist". I haven't been back since. Some real bottom feeders on that site.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2014, 12:48:35 pm »

It was the Fellaini cash.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:51 pm »
The threads on GOT are a joke.

Who will be our top scorer after Rom at the end of the season?

He could have a long injury at the start of the season.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »
Looks like we have Atsu, which balances out the Deulofeu loss.

Right now I'm happy with our dealings, but I still feel like we need one more attacking player on top.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2014, 09:05:56 pm »
manquillo, lovren, Moreno, can are four as starters  plus replacing the likes of aspas and Moses with lallana/lambert instead

Fair enough! Supports the theory that you're going to shift more towards a stronger defence rather than attempt to replace the irreplaceable in Suarez.