Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 553412 times)

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #2840 on: May 17, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
Mag 254, but iptv is all it does.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2841 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:46 pm »
Mag 254, but iptv is all it does.

Cheers mate.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2842 on: May 17, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »
If you have virgin broadband i'd still say go the cable route. I reckon that's going to be around for a good while yet.
Sky got their HD channels off of card-sharing systems years ago and Virgin still haven't even managed that.
I honestly think cable will be a viable option for the next year or two at least.

Imo i reckon a lot of IPTV providers are going to go to complete shit in the next few months either by being bombarded with new subscriptions and oversubscribing the servers OR losing all the channels they were using via sat cardsharing.

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: May 17, 2017, 07:53:29 pm »
Looks like just the free channels left on mine now.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2844 on: May 17, 2017, 08:32:33 pm »
Looks like just the free channels left on mine now.
good few said that. Movies are still there for me. Few said they went down and came back
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: May 18, 2017, 06:31:48 am »
Movies gone now?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2846 on: May 18, 2017, 06:37:24 am »
Yup, and Nat Geo amongst others

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: May 18, 2017, 08:11:06 am »
bastards!

box will be practically obsolete soon

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2848 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:44 am »
tough times, cardsharing fucked, IPTV under threat, torrent sites winding up and even the iron horse Sportsmania looking dodgy.....fuck the man!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: May 18, 2017, 08:48:35 am »
IPTV not the dogs bollicks after all then?

i saw this when looking for info

some chancer. the irony of the username

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/zgemma-h2s-sub-quick-sale-wanted/12924129

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2850 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:11 am »
IPTV not the dogs bollicks after all then?

i saw this when looking for info

some chancer. the irony of the username

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/zgemma-h2s-sub-quick-sale-wanted/12924129
Haha! What a con man.

I'd rather they all just went now instead of coming in here and seeing some go each day. Fuck it, it's not the end of the world either ways. Don't watch 99% of what's on it anyways. Sports and RTE's are all that's used in my household.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: May 18, 2017, 09:08:12 am »
Haha! What a con man.

I'd rather they all just went now instead of coming in here and seeing some go each day. Fuck it, it's not the end of the world either ways. Don't watch 99% of what's on it anyways. Sports and RTE's are all that's used in my household.
sky movies is the latest but to be honest i havent watched much on it since i got it. first time i ever got sky movies was 2001 and i thought it was shit then. same films on every fucking day. same format now

bt sport, premier sport and eir sport all thats left really. entertainment slowly being removed.

could just picture Murdoch when i have to crawl back to sky

"new customer"
"actually my dodgybox stopped working so i have come back
"THROUGH THERE!"

"so you've come crawling back?"

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2852 on: May 18, 2017, 10:28:44 am »
It was good while it lasted!  :(

I took the plunge and signed up to sky yesterday, installation is on Monday.  Costly, but im happy enough to pay it for a year until something solid comes from the community (hopefully).  Managed to get a sky code which gets me the full package for £35 a month.  Gutted, but it will do me for the time being.  :'(

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2853 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:33 am »
Bollix to that! Iptv and cable still working fine  :D

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2854 on: May 19, 2017, 07:10:04 am »
Bollix to that! Iptv and cable still working fine  :D
  ;D

IPTV is great, though from time to time the picture breaks up and sometimes a channel goes off for a minute or 2.  Sky sports news has been decent but over the past few days i noticed the picture going pixely and breaking up.  I felt it could possibly get worse once peeps jump from sat boxes to IPTV.  I've nothing but high praise for IPTV, its been fantastic during my time with it, ill continue to keep it as its brilliant for the sports.  Its just i need something a bit more concrete in terms knowing i can sit down and watch tv without any hiccups.

I get a bit lost when peeps talk about uploading IPTV lists to zgemma boxes etc, it sounds great once the initial work is done and its setup, but its getting to that stage.  I wouldnt mind having a box like that in one of my rooms, but unfortunately i have no idea how to set something like that up.

But either way, ill 100% be keeping my IPTV box, superb wee device!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: May 19, 2017, 10:29:16 am »
I'm glad it's all gone down now rather than in a few months when my I have to pay my subscription fee. I'll no doubt still get a text off the guy when the time comes, robbing bastard.

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #2856 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37:19 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to load IPTV to an Openbox V8s please?

See various ways online but haven't had any joy yet, and help greatly appreciated.

I have m3u8 file.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2858 on: May 19, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to load IPTV to an Openbox V8s please?

See various ways online but haven't had any joy yet, and help greatly appreciated.

I have m3u8 file.

Where did you get the m3u8 file from? I too have an openbox v8 and have lost all y channels almost but havnt got a clue as to how to re do it as such. Dont want to pay for another sub that wont work if there are free ones out there to try.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2859 on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:55 pm »
Where did you get the m3u8 file from? I too have an openbox v8 and have lost all y channels almost but havnt got a clue as to how to re do it as such. Dont want to pay for another sub that wont work if there are free ones out there to try.

There are free ones but you'll be lucky if they stay on for any time,just Google m3u playlist. You can get a test off a proper server for free or a couple of quid.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2860 on: May 19, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »
It's not free mate, but it definitely works as I have it on other devices, pm me if you'd like to know more, I know it can't be discussed here.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2861 on: May 20, 2017, 09:03:18 am »
Have transferred the M3U8 and it says 'WebTV successful' yet all channels listed as 'NO NAME' and none will play??

Tested the M3U8 on VLC and Perfect Player and its definitely working there!

First time using Openbox V8s, any help greatly appreciated please

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #2862 on: May 27, 2017, 10:15:12 am »
With card sharing coming to an end I'm thinking of going down the virgin root now

I have virgin broadband installed at home, what box would I need to get me set up ? tried other forums but cant seem to find a guide on how to do it.

Thanks

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: May 27, 2017, 10:40:31 am »
With card sharing coming to an end I'm thinking of going down the virgin root now

I have virgin broadband installed at home, what box would I need to get me set up ? tried other forums but cant seem to find a guide on how to do it.

Thanks

Any that has a cable tuner. It works in exactly the same way, but you don't scan for channels. Use auto bouquet maker to create the channel lists and they have the right frequency.

I don't know all the models but I use vu+ duo2 with 2xsat input and 1xcable input. The cable input has 2 tuner feeds in the cable.

I just use my 2xsat tuners for freesat for terrestrial series links, so I don't tie up my main tuners. I only ever used sky sports 5 Ireland on sat before they went off.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: May 27, 2017, 04:09:29 pm »
most use a zgemma
LC model is cheapest single tuner
H2H is sat and cable, sat is not worth it now
new box is h5 2tc 1x sat 2x cable tuner
theres load of diff boxes on world of satellite with cable tuners

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2865 on: May 27, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »
It's not free mate, but it definitely works as I have it on other devices, pm me if you'd like to know more, I know it can't be discussed here.

Have transferred the M3U8 and it says 'WebTV successful' yet all channels listed as 'NO NAME' and none will play??

Tested the M3U8 on VLC and Perfect Player and its definitely working there!

First time using Openbox V8s, any help greatly appreciated please

Im on an openbox v8 too so if you get it working let me know please mate.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2866 on: May 28, 2017, 04:49:36 pm »
Im on an openbox v8 too so if you get it working let me know please mate.

Tried everything, all the tutorials online, about 10 times and nothing, gave up in the end and sourced the new Zgemma i55, loaded up my m3u8 and all working perfectly mate.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2867 on: May 28, 2017, 09:05:56 pm »
Tried everything, all the tutorials online, about 10 times and nothing, gave up in the end and sourced the new Zgemma i55, loaded up my m3u8 and all working perfectly mate.

Am I right in thinking its the same file mate that works on your Zgemma but not the openbox?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2868 on: May 29, 2017, 08:51:43 am »

Looks interesting that box. It's an E2 so I assume you can put the Sly skin on and get a full EPG?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2869 on: May 29, 2017, 12:18:53 pm »
It's worth adding the extra £20 or so, swerving the zgemma and buying a mag254.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2870 on: May 29, 2017, 12:31:08 pm »

I've had a Mag for years but looking for something a bit more sky like for a mate. They're good little boxes but closed source.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2871 on: May 29, 2017, 02:14:59 pm »

I've had a Mag for years but looking for something a bit more sky like for a mate. They're good little boxes but closed source.

For the stupid amongst us here (me) how do these work? Would I still be buying some sub from someone somewhere?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2872 on: May 29, 2017, 02:29:08 pm »
For the stupid amongst us here (me) how do these work? Would I still be buying some sub from someone somewhere?

They work over your internet so you'll need decent speed and unlimited data. Yes, you'll need a sub and it's a fair bit more than a sly sub.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2873 on: May 29, 2017, 02:30:27 pm »
They work over your internet so you'll need decent speed and unlimited data. Yes, you'll need a sub and it's a fair bit more than a sly sub.

Ok mate cheers.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2874 on: May 29, 2017, 05:03:37 pm »
Decided to use my ZGemma for FTA, and terrestrial channels via a DVB usb tuner. Fuck it, no way am I going back to Sky.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: May 29, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »
Decided to use my ZGemma for FTA, and terrestrial channels via a DVB usb tuner. Fuck it, no way am I going back to Sky.
last resort!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2876 on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:25 pm »

Similar here - keeping the zGemma for the free channels (and BT and a few other channels that still work), though now gone to IPTV with a Mag 256 box - really impressed so far,
 very easy to use and a decent menu system, nice remote, small box - though not much footy on at the moment to really test it/sub provider. Cool epg too).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #2877 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:37 pm »
im thinking of going of going on Virgin, get all the channels and sports in HD!

though, one of my friends works for sky and can get me every single channel for £32 a month, skygo etc all included.. temnpted  :-\

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: July 12, 2017, 01:10:43 pm »
Got an email from my cline provider about some Skyptv?  It claims the following...

"SKYPTV streaming will replace your missing channels expensive new hardware and will work on smart tv, android, pc, zgemma / enigma2 and many more."

Anyone know what this is? He's given me a Dropbox guide to setup Smart TV then says once setup ask for a test.  :-\

Edit: think this is IPTV. Anyone have a Kodi IPTV setup?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:46:33 pm by bobadicious »
Football is a lie

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: July 12, 2017, 01:53:39 pm »
sounds like IPTV

close to getting it now