Author Topic: Streaming PS4  (Read 2694 times)

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Streaming PS4
« on: January 5, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you watch TV series through a PS4, want to get into game of thrones with the Mrs but cant really find anyway of watching it without it costing a wedge. Any suggestions?

Oh and happy new year :)

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Streaming PS4
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2019, 12:58:47 am »
Not without paying for Netflix or Prime, I think.  You can always torrent the shows, copy them to a USB and play that through the PS4.  But I dunno if there's a way of accessing content directly through the PS4 itself.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2019, 01:37:22 am »
If you can cast to your ps4 then you could install one of the movie/tv apps onto your phone.If that isn't an option get yourself a cheap box or a firestick.

Or lap top and hdmi.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 01:44:24 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »
PS4 wise, the only thing you will find GoT on is the Now TV app which requires a sub - they usually have good offers on though for the Entertainment pack and you can then cancel it.

Alternatively, if you know anyone with Sky, they might be eligible for free Sky Go Extra by signing up to Sky VIP programme (free to do). This then gives them 4 logins for Sky which you can then use one on the PS4.
JFT97

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2019, 04:43:47 pm »
If she is the type to binge, could you get HBO Now/HBO Go for a month? You may even be able to get a free trial. I'm sure they have an app available.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2019, 05:07:45 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2019, 04:40:45 pm »
Don’t think the full series is on NowTV  :-\

Can only see season 7
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2019, 04:34:11 pm »
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you watch TV series through a PS4, want to get into game of thrones with the Mrs but cant really find anyway of watching it without it costing a wedge. Any suggestions?

Oh and happy new year :)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/game-of-thrones-season-1-7-now-available-on-now-tv-entertainment-pass-799-now-tv-3190353

now available on Now TV until 31 of May.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2019, 09:00:12 am »
Not exactly what you want perhaps but my PC has Universal Media Server installed and it streams local content perfectly to the PS4's Media Player app

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2019, 12:26:20 pm »
I used to subscribe to a VOD provider that used Plex which you can get on PS4. Paid about £40 for a year and there was thousands upon thousands of box sets and movies that you could watch. There's plenty of similar providers out there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2019, 11:05:04 pm »
I used to subscribe to a VOD provider that used Plex which you can get on PS4. Paid about £40 for a year and there was thousands upon thousands of box sets and movies that you could watch. There's plenty of similar providers out there.

I use cyberflix with real debrid myself but I know one VOD provider that is less than £20 for a years sub.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2019, 12:14:21 am »
Not exactly what you want perhaps but my PC has Universal Media Server installed and it streams local content perfectly to the PS4's Media Player app

This

Although I use 'Serviio' Media server which is absolutely brilliant for streaming to PS4.  Install Serviio (its free) on your PC/Laptop and point it to where your TV shows/Films are stored.  I get everything I need through Torrents and a VPN.

Like Tone says just fire up your Media player on the PS4.  Connect to Serviio and stream away

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 02:52:28 pm »
This

Although I use 'Serviio' Media server which is absolutely brilliant for streaming to PS4.  Install Serviio (its free) on your PC/Laptop and point it to where your TV shows/Films are stored.  I get everything I need through Torrents and a VPN.

Like Tone says just fire up your Media player on the PS4.  Connect to Serviio and stream away

Ooh thanks for recommending this mate. I've had problems with Universal Media Server - sod's law after I just recommended it!

So got Serviio now and it's running like a dream!

Edit: might even spring for the Pro version, but a two week trial is pretty fair!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:00:09 pm by ToneLa »

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 11:44:55 am »
Does anyone know if Now TV will allow me to watch the final series of GoT via streaming when it comes on?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, but a bit of Googling isn't really helping me with the answer. With Now TV I still can't tell if any of the following apply:

1. The ability to watch live TV Sky channels via streaming

2. The ability to watch via streaming the TV shows being shown currently on Sky channels, at any time if your choosing

3. Some sort of compromised combination of the above where some TV shows are available (e.g. Sky's own British stuff) and some are not (high profile US shows bought in).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 05:11:02 pm »
Does anyone know if Now TV will allow me to watch the final series of GoT via streaming when it comes on?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, but a bit of Googling isn't really helping me with the answer. With Now TV I still can't tell if any of the following apply:

1. The ability to watch live TV Sky channels via streaming

2. The ability to watch via streaming the TV shows being shown currently on Sky channels, at any time if your choosing

3. Some sort of compromised combination of the above where some TV shows are available (e.g. Sky's own British stuff) and some are not (high profile US shows bought in).

If you get the entertainment pass then you get the box sets and Atlantic

https://www.nowtv.com/

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 09:03:42 pm »

If you get the entertainment pass then you get the box sets and Atlantic

https://www.nowtv.com/

But is Atlantic the live stream? As in, if you wanted to watch GoT you'd have to be there at 9pm watching, ready to go?

Would the box sets contain the current series?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 09:12:36 pm »
But is Atlantic the live stream? As in, if you wanted to watch GoT you'd have to be there at 9pm watching, ready to go?

Would the box sets contain the current series?

If you clicked the link you would see that the answer to the 1st 2 questions is yes,the Monday 2am airing and the 9pm,I think they also air it on Fridays as well,not sure if Season 8 will be part of the box set,but I think it will be in catch up.

The best thing about the NOW TV Box and NOW TV Smart Stick is the NOW TV app, which can give you: TV shows from 11 top live channels, catch up, and on demand box sets with a NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass.