Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3467747 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42000 on: March 6, 2016, 10:17:34 am »
What? Youd never heard of Requiem for a Dream?

I mean just for its soundtrack, you just can't not know it. :)
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #42001 on: March 6, 2016, 06:17:07 pm »
The first 'date night' with my now wife consisted of watching 'Audition' followed by 'Requiem for a Dream'. Didn't exactly 'set the mood', though they are two utterly astonishing movies. The ending of Requiem is, to my mind, the single most horrifying movie sequence in history, notably due to the effect of the bewildering score.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #42002 on: March 6, 2016, 09:21:47 pm »
The first 'date night' with my now wife consisted of watching 'Audition' followed by 'Requiem for a Dream'. Didn't exactly 'set the mood', though they are two utterly astonishing movies. The ending of Requiem is, to my mind, the single most horrifying movie sequence in history, notably due to the effect of the bewildering score.

You knew what the movies were about, though, right?

Surely you couldn't have just lucked into that double-header!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42003 on: March 6, 2016, 11:23:46 pm »
So anyone seen any films with good twists of late?

I've seen all the usual suspects, but haven't seen a jot of late. I think Predestination was the last twist-heavy plot that I have seen.
Continually on 11,420.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42004 on: March 6, 2016, 11:25:45 pm »
I watched a sci fi film called Circle yesterday.

I actually pretty enjoyed it,surprised i did actually regarding the synopsis of the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3118452/
« Last Edit: March 6, 2016, 11:28:14 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42005 on: March 6, 2016, 11:46:36 pm »
I watched a sci fi film called Circle yesterday.

I actually pretty enjoyed it,surprised i did actually regarding the synopsis of the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3118452/

I watched circle a couple weeks ago, was enjoyable for what it was and not too long, but jeez every character is a 2D stereotype
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42006 on: March 7, 2016, 12:09:57 am »

Watched The Crying Game for the first time the other night if that counts. There was a good twist in that.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42007 on: March 7, 2016, 03:10:34 am »
Watched The Crying Game for the first time the other night if that counts. There was a good twist in that.
That ... that was not the kind of twist I was expecting
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42008 on: March 7, 2016, 06:42:55 am »
You knew what the movies were about, though, right?

Surely you couldn't have just lucked into that double-header!

I thought I'd appear somewhat 'learned' in my esoteric movie choices. Didn't quite work  ;) Also, when referring to Requiem, the phrase 'double header' may be a spoiler.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #42009 on: March 7, 2016, 08:24:51 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4JVgQzBG5Ho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4JVgQzBG5Ho</a>

Yeah, go on then :)
:D

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #42010 on: March 7, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

I've seen all the usual suspects, but haven't seen a jot of late. I think Predestination was the last twist-heavy plot that I have seen.
Speaking of twists... :D

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42011 on: March 7, 2016, 09:46:17 pm »

Yeah, go on then :)

This kept getting advertised every 5 minutes on the UFC PPV. It looks like one of those crappy "choose your own adventure" games. Plus the fact that they keep saying IT'S LIKE CALL OF DUTY, puts me off
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42012 on: March 7, 2016, 09:52:48 pm »
Just watched Deadpool :lmao Great show!

The writing was very witty and sarcastic funny, so many quotable lines. I'm not one for superhero films or Sci-Fi, unless it's related to time travel (BTTF, Primer, Time Crimes FTW). I've never even saw star wars (Live Long and Prosper) but I really enjoyed Deadpool and enjoyed GoG recently when I watched it also.

Any recommendations on where to go from here?

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42013 on: March 8, 2016, 06:43:02 am »
Any recommendations on where to go from here?

Kick Ass is excellent (avoid the sequel). Similar in tone. Scott Pilgrim also worth a punt (and the best comic book movie for me). Also, try Mystery Men. Amazingly anarchic, for the time, and greatly underrated.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42014 on: March 8, 2016, 07:55:27 am »
Art is like life, what to some people is a rosy capsule full of life and wonder, to others is a dog's dick. Good luck ::) ;) :o ;D :lickin :wave
I know you've been waiting on this..... :wave

Daddys Home 2015 BRRip XviD AC3-EVO   
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #42015 on: March 8, 2016, 08:29:18 am »
Kick Ass is excellent (avoid the sequel). Similar in tone. Scott Pilgrim also worth a punt (and the best comic book movie for me). Also, try Mystery Men. Amazingly anarchic, for the time, and greatly underrated.

I'd add Super.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42016 on: March 8, 2016, 08:50:19 am »
DVD rip of the newest Hunger Games popped up in the night! :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42017 on: March 8, 2016, 08:53:28 am »
Daddys Home 2015 BRRip XviD AC3-EVO   
Ha ha holy shit....you fucker!

But yeah I'll probably give it a try, his last one, Get Hard, was fuck awful, I had to turn it off after about 20. I wonder if I'll get further this time?

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #42018 on: March 8, 2016, 09:46:48 am »
Ha ha holy shit....you fucker!

But yeah I'll probably give it a try, his last one, Get Hard, was fuck awful, I had to turn it off after about 20. I wonder if I'll get further this time?

:lmao

Why even put yourself through it?
With the amount of films in existence, you should never need to watch such wank...

:P
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42019 on: March 8, 2016, 11:21:25 am »

Saw Kick Ass and really enjoyed it too. I'll give the other two a juke at, ta.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42020 on: March 8, 2016, 11:27:30 am »
:lmao

Why even put yourself through it?
With the amount of films in existence, you should never need to watch such wank...

:P
Love Will Ferrell, he's made some of my favourite comedies. Made some shockers recently but I'll keep the faith that there's a decent one around the corner and this might be it.

It's not like I'm putting money down to see it, 15/20 mins investment whilst I'm doing the dishes is no great shakes if it's crap.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42021 on: March 8, 2016, 11:41:55 am »
Watched Spotlight on Sunday night. Fuck me. Just wow

Ignoring the overarching storyline about the church and the horrible things it has done for a film that is essentially about 4 or 5 journalists doing their jobs it was just incredible. The acting was top notch. Ruffalo was incredible, especially when he snaps at Keaton towards the end, you could tell the passion for the story there in that scene. Keaton was excellent as well, seems to be having a bit of a comeback now, last 2 best films at the Oscars. It's always good to see McAdams as well, she's got some talent and has come a long way from Mean Girls (one of my favourite films of all time as well)

At the end when the film ends and the text comes up I just sat there stunned. You know the story from what you've read in the papers and stuff but seeing the battle they had and then how far and wide it went was stunning. Sat there in silence for about 5 minutes

Well worth a watch

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42022 on: March 8, 2016, 05:27:20 pm »
Jane Got A Gun 2015 720p WEBRip x264 AAC-FooKaS

No interest in this? Natalie Portman ffs!

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 2015 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-QoQ

HD rips now available also :wave

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42023 on: March 8, 2016, 05:45:10 pm »

Decided I wasn't gonna pay to see the rest of the Hunger Games after they cynically cut the last movie into 2. Now let's see if it's as disappointing as I expect

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42024 on: March 8, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

Don't be posting abar la Portman....you know what happened last time. ;D

Thanks for the heads..but...

Fuck both of those...I've got Night Of The Creeps....super cool. From what i can recall it's a mix of.....Night of the Living Dead, Shivers, Alien, and Revenge of the Nerds and it was a whole loada fun....a little classic, I think.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhLGYUYTTD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HhLGYUYTTD0</a>

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42025 on: March 8, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »
This is better.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/um-c_eUpcwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/um-c_eUpcwU</a>

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #42026 on: March 8, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »
Any predictions on when we can expect The Force Awakens to appear online with its impending HD release in April?
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42027 on: March 8, 2016, 06:05:55 pm »
Don't be posting abar la Portman....you know what happened last time. ;D
Don't you be spouting shit abar my missus again you bert! >:( ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42028 on: March 8, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »
Don't you be spouting shit abar my missus again you bert! >:( ;D
Lips are zipped la.  ;D

I can't be muted just now I'm writing two race previews a day....but..she has been texting me. :P ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42029 on: March 8, 2016, 06:39:40 pm »
Any predictions on when we can expect The Force Awakens to appear online with its impending HD release in April?
If I was to make a guess..April. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42030 on: March 8, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »
Lips are zipped la.  ;D

I can't be muted just now I'm writing two race previews a day....but..she has been texting me. :P ;D
Haha you fucking gobblewonker! :wave

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #42031 on: March 9, 2016, 02:16:18 am »
I just found out that Amanda Peterson died last year from an accidental drug overdose. I guess she struggled with addiction and had some trauma from her past. A true iconic lovely of 80's cinema - she played Cindy Mancini in "Can't Buy Me Love," one of the great romantic comedies of the time. A bit late, but RIP.  :'(

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #42032 on: March 9, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
Was struggling to find something to watch last night so put on Sin City for my first viewing. Wow I'd heard it was good but that was brilliant, really unique feel & all the characters bring something to the film. Probably enjoyed Marv's (Mickey Rourke) storyline the most but Bruce Willis nailed it too. Definitely will be watching it again in future.

Is the second one worth checking out as its had a pretty rotten write up since its release.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42033 on: March 9, 2016, 04:30:53 pm »
Was struggling to find something to watch last night so put on Sin City for my first viewing. Wow I'd heard it was good but that was brilliant, really unique feel & all the characters bring something to the film. Probably enjoyed Marv's (Mickey Rourke) storyline the most but Bruce Willis nailed it too. Definitely will be watching it again in future.

Is the second one worth checking out as its had a pretty rotten write up since its release.
"And my mitts" - is s still a favourite quote for me and my brother, a great film if a little rough around the edges.

As for the 2nd I'd say don't do it to yourself....as a stand alone it might not have been too bad but now you're scene the original you'll only be let down.

Have you scene "The Thin Red Line"? If not, check that out instead!

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #42034 on: March 9, 2016, 04:33:53 pm »
As for the 2nd I'd say don't do it to yourself....as a stand alone it might not have been too bad but now you're scene the original you'll only be let down.

Have you scene "The Thin Red Line"? If not, check that out instead!

No I haven't seen that yet although its been in my netflix list for quite some time now, will try & get it watched over the next few days.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42035 on: March 9, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »
Point Break 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42036 on: March 9, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »
Anyone know when we'll be getting a decent set of English subs for this....

The Boy and the Beast
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4272866/
When a young orphaned boy living on the streets of Shibuya stumbles upon a fantastic world of beasts, he's taken in by a gruff warrior beast looking for an apprentice.

There's one set out there so far, that I can find but they appear to have been made with Google translate or some other such shite. Really want to see this but there's no point if I can't make out what the characters are saying!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42037 on: March 9, 2016, 05:23:51 pm »

Yay? Is it decent? I'll only really watch it for the climbing

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42038 on: March 9, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
Yay? Is it decent? I'll only really watch it for the climbing

Just watch Cliffhanger.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42039 on: March 9, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

It is like one of those moments where you're watching porn and there 'comes' a packshot of the male star, finishing his shift, so to speak.
Continually on 11,420.