Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1221546 times)

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2012, 01:09:38 am »

exactly...that old high school teacher dying with lung cancer turns into murdering drug lord schtick........ten a penny

:) Breaking Bad is excellent. As is Homeland. With Sons of Anarchy and Dexter, they were the best things on TV last autumn, for me.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2012, 05:04:25 am »

exactly...that old high school teacher dying with lung cancer turns into murdering drug lord schtick........ten a penny
seen it on Neighbours and Home and Away at least twice.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2012, 06:53:18 am »
If you are really done with all the top shows, give Las Vegas a look. It is really cool especially when you are high with a couple of drinks. Just started with the first season. And, have to say Sonny Corleone has still got it.

I don't know how people have missed out on 24 for so long. I even watched that stupid show Happy Endings, only because it had Kim Bauer in it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:05:59 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:42 am »
Braquo. French tv series, like the shield, but better, much better. Just been shown on FX.Series download available on BTJunkie, comes with hardcoded sub,s.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:12 am »
Alcatraz on tonight in the US, tomorrow in the usual places.

Can't wait.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:26 am »
Alcatraz on tonight in the US, tomorrow in the usual places.

Can't wait.

This looks interesting. I could do with a weekly watch since Homeland finished. I'll be checking this out.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2012, 01:05:33 pm »
Braquo. French tv series, like the shield, but better, much better. Just been shown on FX.Series download available on BTJunkie, comes with hardcoded sub,s.

Have you got a link to that?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »
Have you got a link to that?pisode
no mate, i,m too stupid to post a link.go to btjunkie its there,episodes 1-8.sorry mate

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2012, 01:48:10 pm »
no mate, i,m too stupid to post a link.go to btjunkie its there,episodes 1-8.sorry mate

I'm there but which one is it?

Is it the individual episdoes or a bundled season?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »
Acutally, no need, I found it on demonoid.

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2012, 01:50:32 pm »
5 episodes on the spin is your record? Christ.
Indeed. My record is probably the length of time I can stay awake for (20 hours or something, and regularly). I watched  26 episodes of Star Trek between Saturday and Sunday alone. 13 episodes, 43 minutes each = 9 hours or so?
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2012, 01:51:22 pm »

Actually more like....that old high school teacher dying with lung cancer turns into murdering drug lord schtick...is fucking stupid.

Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »
Acutally, no need, I found it on demonoid.
ok, its really worth watching.its similar to 36th precinct, as in there,s no good guys just shades of grey.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »
ok, its really worth watching.its similar to 36th precinct, as in there,s no good guys just shades of grey.

Sounds good. You should catch Spiral (Engrenages) if you haven't already. Another great crime series out of France.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »
I'm there but which one is it?

Is it the individual episdoes or a bundled season?
while your searching have a look for matrioshki. its a belgian tv series about the sex trade and people trafficking. ive never searched for it but itll be out there. well worth a look

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:15 pm »
Sounds good. You should catch Spiral (Engrenages) if you haven't already. Another great crime series out of France.
ive watched the first 20 minutes,looks really good. going to watch a couple of episodes tonight. 

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2012, 02:11:15 pm »
while your searching have a look for matrioshki. its a belgian tv series about the sex trade and people trafficking. ive never searched for it but itll be out there. well worth a look

Looks interesting but there are no english subs available.

ive watched the first 20 minutes,looks really good. going to watch a couple of episodes tonight. 

I'ts a great series. You should catch the Danish version of The Killing as well if you haven't - series one of that it top notch.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:46 pm »
Looks interesting but there are no english subs available.

I'ts a great series. You should catch the Danish version of The Killing as well if you haven't - series one of that it top notch.
got that also, watched the first episode. reminded me of twin peaks,looked really good.ive got 100,s of gigs of stuff and finding the time is difficult. ive just downloaded an aussie tv series caled killing time, stars david wenham,played faramir in the lord of the rings. its about a lawyer who defends australian gangsters then ends up in prison himself.i got it from extra torrent if your interested

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2012, 02:45:42 am »

ive just downloaded an aussie tv series caled killing time, stars david wenham,played faramir in the lord of the rings. its about a lawyer who defends australian gangsters then ends up in prison himself.i got it from extra torrent if your interested

Both of those look interesting - thanks (though without subtitles I might not be able to follow Matrioshki).

EDIT: Found Matrioshki on PB (with subtitles - presumably English) - might take a while to download.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:54:18 am by Red in Korea »

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2012, 02:47:15 am »

Thanks for this too. Found the first series with subtitles on Demonoid and watched the first episode last night. Couldn't help comparing it to the Shield either, though these French guys seem like they;d win a fight between the two!  :wave

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2012, 06:05:28 am »
Anybody got a good sci-fi recommendation?

I watch the new Doctor Who. I finished Star Trek TNG a couple weeks ago and I'm trying Voyager, but the cheesiness is starting to wear on me. I've done all of Stargate, Babylon 5, and Battlestar Galactica. I'm halfway through Farscape and I never got back into it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2012, 01:33:08 pm »
DS9.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:07 pm »
Actually more like....that old high school teacher dying with lung cancer turns into murdering drug lord schtick...is fucking stupid.

nah, you're way off mate....brilliant TV...superbly written, acted and directed..and up there with Sopranos and The Wire as one of the best drama's to come out of the States....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:10 am »
Anybody got a good sci-fi recommendation?

I watch the new Doctor Who. I finished Star Trek TNG a couple weeks ago and I'm trying Voyager, but the cheesiness is starting to wear on me. I've done all of Stargate, Babylon 5, and Battlestar Galactica. I'm halfway through Farscape and I never got back into it.

Firefly is quite popular here. I liked Andromoda when I was younger but I liked Voyager so my taste in sci-fi perhaps can't be trusted.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »
Anyone seem "always Sunny"? I heard it's a hoot......

Yea, it's brilliant. Probably my favourite recent-ish US comedy outside of Community and Arrested Development.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2012, 06:16:22 pm »
Yeah i was like that with the Sopranos just flew through them , just ordered it .

The difference is, the Sopranos isn't crap, or stupid.

Have enjoyed the first two episodes of 'House of Lies'. Cheadle is good, and there's some 'edgy' humour in it.

Justified is back too, third season. Another great show that seems to have somewhat flown under most peoples radars.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:23:33 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2012, 06:23:03 pm »
The difference is, the Sopranos isn't crap, or stupid.

Have enjoyed the first two episodes of 'House of Lies'. Cheadle is good, and there's some pretty mad humour in it.

Justified is back too, third season. Another great show that seems to have somewhat flown under most peoples radars.

Dont be telling me that about 24 now ,   Justified is decent not long ago finished the 1st series .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »
Anyone seem "always Sunny"? I heard it's a hoot......

Im jealous that you get to start from the beginning. Thats how good it is. Recent seasons fell off a bit, but the first 4 are close to flawless
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2012, 07:00:24 pm »
Dont be telling me that about 24 now

He's talking bollocks.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2012, 07:30:59 pm »
He's talking bollocks.

Good , ive got a 24 marathon planned for Friday .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »
Good , ive got a 24 marathon planned for Friday .

And you'll enjoy it immensely.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:39 pm »
First two episodes of Alcatraz too. Interesting central idea, but everything else is so bland and formulaic.

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2012, 12:29:06 am »
And you'll enjoy it immensely.

This, oh this, so many times!
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:11 am »
He had it the wrong way round. The Wire is class and Breaking Bad is cliched.
Hmm, I think you've got your wires crossed, no pun intended. It's the other way about.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2012, 11:21:48 am »
nah, you're way off mate....brilliant TV...superbly written, acted and directed..and up there with Sopranos and The Wire as one of the best drama's to come out of the States....
Inever thought i,d say this about another tv series.But Breaking Bad has become as good as The Wire.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:03 am »
He's talking bollocks.

The first seasons,i agree,were quite irresistible but then it became kinda stupid and repetitive.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »
Im jealous that you get to start from the beginning. Thats how good it is. Recent seasons fell off a bit, but the first 4 are close to flawless
Is it that good, ive just download seasons 1-6.Going to give it a look later.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2012, 07:24:45 am »
Is it that good, ive just download seasons 1-6.Going to give it a look later.

it's really funny, especially after danny devito is introduced and even more so after he gels for a couple seasons.  seasons 1-6 are great, season 7 not so much.  the christmas special is also really funny.  i've always been curious if people from the UK would find that show funny though.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:53 pm »
it's really funny, especially after danny devito is introduced and even more so after he gels for a couple seasons.  seasons 1-6 are great, season 7 not so much.  the christmas special is also really funny.  i've always been curious if people from the UK would find that show funny though.
I watched the first season last night, thought it was brilliant. I cant believe i,ve waited this long too watch this show, on the up side i,ve got 8 more seasons to go.The episode with the high school kids was so cringe worthy,just so funny, and the pop pop episode, i nearly choked myself laughing at d in the home and when charlie  answered the door in that uniform.Really enjoyed it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88