Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530710 times)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 18/05/18 - 10 killed in Texas.
« Reply #2960 on: May 23, 2018, 04:52:24 am »
There are reasons why his son did what he did and maybe he was a victim, but there is no fucking way on earth he feels the same pain as those who have lost children to this senseless act.

Agree he is a c*nt.

Not sure I agree with that - it must be a horrendous burden for the parents to not only have to deal with losing their child (his life is over, regardless of when the lethal injection inevitably happens), but also the guilt of not having stopped it. I know it would end me if my son did something like this.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: May 23, 2018, 10:18:03 am »
Not sure I agree with that - it must be a horrendous burden for the parents to not only have to deal with losing their child (his life is over, regardless of when the lethal injection inevitably happens), but also the guilt of not having stopped it. I know it would end me if my son did something like this.

Yes, but he is still here, even if he is in jail, their son is still living and breathing. Even if he gets the death sentence, his average life before it is carried out is 15 years, although Texas has some who are still alive 25 years after receiving the death sentence.

For the parents, they never got to say goodbye, they know their child died a violent death for no reason other than that they were in school on that day. These children will never have jobs, homes, find love and have spouses and children, they will never learn anything new, they will never grow old.  They will never celebrate another birthday or Christmas, they will never again tell their parents "I love you". Even in prison, he can do a lot of this, including marriage.

If one of my sons did this, I would be distraught that they had done it, but it's nothing to one of them being murdered. I used to know a girl who was murdered at 21, the hole she left her in friends and families lives will never be filled. My youngest was almost hit by a car, the door mirror passed over his head - I still have nightmares about that now and he was unharmed, if he had been one second quicker moving he wouldn't be here and I don't know how I would cope.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2962 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:23 pm »

Sure, but the trick is not to be a shit dad - something I'm sure you aren't.

He's set a good violent example to his kid, by the looks of having had two convictions (one imagines those aren't the only violent outbursts). Wouldn't shock me if he beat the shit out of the boy, maybe that's why he's keen to try to point the finger in another direction.

That's of course ignoring that the dad not only bears responsibility for the shit upbringing leading to mass murder, but he bears 99% of the responsibility of the entire atrocity at the school having caused it by being a coward who felt so scared he needed guns.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #2963 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:16 pm »
Little boy shoots dead his two-year-old brother after mistaking gun for a toy

Elsewhere in same state on same day, a two-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself.

Yup, it was in America.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: May 23, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »

Elsewhere in same state on same day, a two-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself.

Yup, it was in America.

This is just God wanting to be united with his favourites asap. Their parents are blessed.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: May 23, 2018, 03:56:59 pm »

Yup, it was in America.

Parents are fucking c*nts and should be jailed for these deaths. You never ever leave a firearm lying about unattended, never mind a loaded one, stupid stupid c*nts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2966 on: May 23, 2018, 06:35:24 pm »

So you agree with him trying to paint himself as a victim even though he was at best an accessory ?

A parent who wouldn't have noticed that his son was a Nazi loving little c*nt is not the type of parent who would feel any guilt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2967 on: May 23, 2018, 10:29:25 pm »
A parent who wouldn't have noticed that his son was a Nazi loving little c*nt is not the type of parent who would feel any guilt.

But the issue here isn't whether or not the parents dared to do anything about it. The parents had a weapon. At home. And the kid stole it and shot at his schoolmates. Period. It doesn't matter jackshit whether he was a Nazi sympathiser or a Puppy rescuer. He shot a weapon that he stole from home because the weapon wasn't safely locked. Or even if it was, he managed to take it. Which says much about the "safely stored" at home. The parents share a part of the blame for allowing this to happen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: May 23, 2018, 10:38:51 pm »
But the issue here isn't whether or not the parents dared to do anything about it. The parents had a weapon. At home. And the kid stole it and shot at his schoolmates. Period. It doesn't matter jackshit whether he was a Nazi sympathiser or a Puppy rescuer. He shot a weapon that he stole from home because the weapon wasn't safely locked. Or even if it was, he managed to take it. Which says much about the "safely stored" at home. The parents share a part of the blame for allowing this to happen.

You know why it matters,it matters because his c*nt of an excuse for a male parent claimed that he was shocked and he saw no signs,he came out like he was a victim before he actually had the balls to come out and claim that they are victims.

A massive sign was that his son was a cowardly little Nazi shit who was proud to show off just how much he admired them.

But the issue here isn't whether or not the parents dared to do anything about it.

Never said it was.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2969 on: May 23, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »
You know why it matters,it matters because his c*nt of an excuse for a male parent claimed that he was shocked and he saw no signs,he came out like he was a victim before he actually had the balls to come out and claim that they are victims.

Of course, he is going to say that mate. :)
He knows he is fucked. It is last ditch claim to innocence.
Have you heard of anyone who did something as gruesome as this and yet there were people supporting them?

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2970 on: May 24, 2018, 01:25:00 am »
So you agree with him trying to paint himself as a victim even though he was at best an accessory ?

No. Actually, I had a longer version of my post that criticised the victim card-playing, but then my browser died so I came back with the condensed version that concentrated on just the one key point: is a parent's grief at seeing their child murder another and effectively end their own life, comparable with the grief at seeing your child murdered? Hopefully none of us will ever be in a position to judge from experience, but I would assume the former is a terrible pain.

Maybe you're right, although in the internet age it's a lot more plausible that one's Nazi leanings could remain secret. I'm sure if I learned more about this particular parent I'd probably agree he's a c*nt, but I'm not interested in doing so. I've mentioned before that I disapprove of the media spotlight on mass-murdering loser c*nts.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:27:26 am by GreatEx »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: May 24, 2018, 07:40:02 am »

Yup, it was in America.

“The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.” - NRA Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2972 on: May 24, 2018, 09:04:20 am »
So far this year:

5,598 people killed by guns in the US
10,244 injured

22,702 incidents

244 kids (0-11 years old) killed or injured
1,014 kids (12-17 years old) killed or injured

103 Mass shootings

659 unintential shootings

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2973 on: May 24, 2018, 01:04:33 pm »
So far this year:

10,244 injured

22,702 incidents

103 Mass shootings

Fucking doors.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2974 on: May 24, 2018, 01:32:03 pm »

Oh yes. More guns are the answer. The solution to gun violence is indeed, more guns.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: May 24, 2018, 03:16:13 pm »
The 'school shootings' tag is a little misleading. If at 2am a gang member shoots at another in the street and they happen to be outside a school, it gets thrown in there.

Not trying to minimize anything obviously but that phrase 'school shooting' conjures up images of the recent FL and TX shootings, when that's not the case - that kind of thing hasn't happened 228 times this year.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: May 24, 2018, 03:18:22 pm »
Since 2009, not this year.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: May 24, 2018, 08:39:20 pm »
They're all about the peoples Constitutional rights.

Apart from when they're not.

Guess Which Right The NRA Suggests Congress Should Infringe Upon In Order to Combat School Shootings

NRA Youtube aficionado Colion Noir on Thursday explained exactly where the blame for mass shootings lies, insisting the mainstream media’s coverage of these recurring tragedies is the impetus for more of them to occur.

“Can anyone tell me the last time a mass school shooter left a manifesto, comment on social media or a video where they said they were inspired to commit their atrocity by a firearm?” Noir asked. “I’m sure you can’t. And neither can I.”

Noir said that while news organizations try to “pivot” to gun control in the wake of mass killings, “the pen is still mightier than the sword.”

“[Killers] are inspired by the infamous glory of past shooters who they relate to,” Noir argued. “And no entity on the planet does a better job—whether directly or indirectly—of glorifying these killers and thereby providing the inspiration for the next one, than our mainstream media.”

Via his personal media platform,  Noir declared “attention seeking in this country” at “an all-time high,” insisting kids these days will do “anything for attention.” It’s time, he said, for us to address the “glorification of carnage and pursuit of ratings.”

“Step up and pass legislation putting common sense limitation on the mainstream media’s ability to report on these shootings,” Noir demanded, adding Congress should “pass a law stopping the media from reporting the killer’s name or showing his face.”

Noir later admitted he suggested restricting the First Amendment to evoke “the same feeling gun owners get” when people propose the “same limitations on the Second Amendment.” He then clarified that he doesn’t believe in restricting any rights.

To Noir’s point—the pen may be mightier than the sword. Unless that sword is an AR-15.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zOLlZbFoM4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zOLlZbFoM4w</a>

Same with all killers and terrorists right ?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: May 24, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »
So far this year:

10,244 injured

22,702 incidents

103 Mass shootings

Ridiculous amount of incidents.

The only problem with these types of stats, is that they don't tell the full picture of what is actually going on and how many incidents involved legally held and how many were illegally held firearms and the effects a ban or tighter controls would have on the figures. A lot of the kids figures will be due to kids finding loaded guns which can easily be stopped just by locking them away, but the unintentional shootings only number 659, of which a lot will be hunters. so you have to say that there are about 700 kids killed deliberately. A mass shooting we all think of as Columbine, Sandy Hook etc, yet it is classed where there are 4 or more victims (wounded or killed), so this will include rival biker gangs shooting each other, gang feuds that lead to shootings, such as the Crips on Crips, the Bloods etc etc, domestics where a father kills his entire family then kills himself, burglaries, armed robberies that go wrong etc. Then you have Police shooting people to consider.  If I remember right, around half of all deaths by firearms annually in the USA, approx 17,000, are suicide, so there is no way of telling if these are preventable without access to firearms as the UK rate amongst men is around 5,000 suicides per year and around 7500 in total.

I hate the whole attitude to firearms in the States and also how little care they take to ensure they don't fall into the wrong hands, but I can also understand that if people are living in fear (either real or perceived) then they will not want to surrender their firearms. As I've said before, two McNasty's staff were shot by customers in separate incidents when we were in Orlando last May, so if you don't feel safe at home or at work, then you can see why they want to be armed.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: May 25, 2018, 04:22:38 am »

Guess Which Right The NRA Suggests Congress Should Infringe Upon In Order to Combat School Shootings

Exactly, imagine if a guy called Mohammed Abdul Al-Jazeera Jihadistan shot up a school and the FAILING, FAKE NEWS media didn't tell the world his name, the outrage would be nukular!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: May 25, 2018, 09:25:37 am »

On this though, isn't the recommendation for news outlets to not give criminals the time in the media so they're not "celebritised"?   Guns should rightly be looked at as the main part in all of this, but that isn't to say that the media's role (all media, not just mainstream as this guy suggests) shouldn't be looked at too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: May 25, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »
He is asking for a change in the law,ironic no ?

Meanwhile.

At least 2 injured, suspect in custody after shooting reported at Indiana middle school in Noblesville, police say

At least two people are injured after a reported shooting at Noblesville West Middle School in Indiana, Indiana State Police said.

A suspect is in custody, said Indiana State Police said.

There are two victims en route to Methodist from the Noblesville West Middle School Active Shooter

Those families have been notified

Suspect in custody

All students are being taken to the Noblesville High School, parents are asked to pick up there#NoblesvilleWest
    — Sgt. John Perrine (@ISPIndianapolis) May 25, 2018

"There are two victims en route to Methodist from the Noblesville West Middle School Active Shooter. Those families have been notified. Suspect in custody. All students are being taken to the Noblesville High School, parents are asked to pick up there," said Indiana State Police Sergeant John Perrine on Twitter.

Noblesville West Middle School is located about 27 miles north of Indianapolis.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: May 26, 2018, 05:03:35 am »
From reading that article, one can deduce that the shooter was probably 11 or 12 years old. Isn't that nice! Guns: the great equaliser.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2984 on: June 4, 2018, 05:11:49 am »

@RyanHaarer

This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2985 on: June 4, 2018, 09:38:48 am »
So far this year:

6,015 people killed by guns in the US
11,175 injured

24,456 incidents

268 kids (0-11 years old) killed or injured
1,119 kids (12-17 years old) killed or injured

110 Mass shootings

718 unintential shootings

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: June 4, 2018, 09:41:00 am »
@RyanHaarer

This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News

Yeah, just seen that on BBC news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44349521

Good for the 'guns in hands of professionals' argument.  The best bit was when he casually walks away with his hands up rather than, y'know, checking if the person was ok!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2987 on: June 4, 2018, 09:44:10 am »
The best bit was when he casually walks away with his hands up rather than, y'know, checking if the person was ok!

Was probably worried there weren't loads of others carrying ready to act the hero and shoot him.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: June 5, 2018, 06:22:09 am »
Exactly - he needed to make sure everyone knew he wasn't a bad guy with a gun, he was a fucking idiot with a gun.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2989 on: June 5, 2018, 08:25:41 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/devos-safety-commission-won%E2%80%99t-look-at-role-of-guns-in-school-violence/ar-AAyg8uA

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said that the White House's school safety commission will not look at the role of guns in school violence.

DeVos was questioned Tuesday by lawmakers on the Senate Appropriations Committee about the commission, which was established in the wake of the February school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

"Will your commission look at the role of firearms as it relates to gun violence in our schools?" Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) asked DeVos.

"That is not part of the commission's charge, per se," DeVos responded.

"I see," Leahy responded. "So, you're studying gun violence but not considering the role of guns."

"We're actually student school safety and how we can ensure our students are safe at school," DeVos said.

When President Trump established the Federal Commission on School Safety in March, he said that the group would "study and make recommendations" on a variety of topics, including age restrictions for certain firearm purchases. His directive also said the Justice Department would help provide firearm training for school personnel.

Leahy also pressed DeVos on whether she thinks 18-year-olds should be able to purchase AR-15 style rifles.

DeVos avoided answering the question directly, saying instead that Congress should continue to debate the issue.

DeVos said in March that "everything is on the table" for the commission's investigations.

Trump has repeatedly called for teachers and school officials to be armed as a way to combat school shootings, a stance that DeVos has backed.

The commission met for the first time last month, one day before the Santa Fe, Texas school shooting that left 10 people dead. The group is comprised of just four Republican members: Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and DeVos.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: June 8, 2018, 07:36:52 pm »
Land of the free.

Broward County sheriff calls for schools to set up their own police departments after Parkland massacre

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has asked local schools to form their own department to police campuses following a mass shooting earlier this year.

Maj. Nichole Anderson told the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Safety Commission on Friday that the sheriff’s office believes the county would be better served if the school district formed its own police department, reported WSVN-TV.

The major said nearby Miami-Dade and Palm Beach would also be better off with their own public school police departments.

The sheriff’s office and municipal police departments provide school resources officers, but Anderson said one county school police department would establish uniform policies and funding.

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson, who was assigned to Douglas High during the Feb. 14 massacre, retired under intense criticism after he failed to rush into the building where 17 students and teachers were killed.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2991 on: June 9, 2018, 12:47:55 am »
Land of the free.

Broward County sheriff calls for schools to set up their own police departments after Parkland massacre

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has asked local schools to form their own department to police campuses following a mass shooting earlier this year.

Maj. Nichole Anderson told the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Safety Commission on Friday that the sheriff’s office believes the county would be better served if the school district formed its own police department, reported WSVN-TV.

The major said nearby Miami-Dade and Palm Beach would also be better off with their own public school police departments.

The sheriff’s office and municipal police departments provide school resources officers, but Anderson said one county school police department would establish uniform policies and funding.

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson, who was assigned to Douglas High during the Feb. 14 massacre, retired under intense criticism after he failed to rush into the building where 17 students and teachers were killed.

The conspiracy theorist in me says all this will eventually result in someone like Blackwater getting the contract to protect all schools in the USA.

(insert Nepotism emoji here)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: June 9, 2018, 02:51:32 am »

The conspiracy theorist in me says all this will eventually result in someone like Blackwater getting the contract to protect all schools in the USA.

(insert Nepotism emoji here)

That’s exactly how extreme capitalism works. It’s not a conspiracy.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: June 17, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
Suspect killed and dozens injured at New Jersey arts festival shooting
https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/suspect-killed-and-dozens-injured-at-new-jersey-arts-festival-shooting-20180618-p4zm2c.html

More T's and P's I suppose.......

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2994 on: June 18, 2018, 02:00:24 am »
Just hearing from a friend who lives there that there has been a shooting at Walmart in Washinton state, 15 shot just happened

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2995 on: June 18, 2018, 05:22:53 am »
That’s exactly how extreme capitalism works. It’s not a conspiracy.

Like how they will be selling air after letting the planet die?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: June 18, 2018, 07:01:42 am »
Just hearing from a friend who lives there that there has been a shooting at Walmart in Washinton state, 15 shot just happened

The NRA will be all over this one since the bad guy got shot by armed good guys.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/breaking-gunfire-reported-at-tumwater-walmart-law-enforcement-on-the-scene/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: June 18, 2018, 10:59:27 pm »
The NRA will be all over this one since the bad guy got shot by armed good guys.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/breaking-gunfire-reported-at-tumwater-walmart-law-enforcement-on-the-scene/

They're too busy fretting over anti nra Witches curses.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #2998 on: June 23, 2018, 01:21:10 am »
Am I right in saying that there is no possibility that the US government can take away the guns from its people as it is an accepted fact amongst enough Americans that the right to bear arms is enshrined in their constitution? Not only that, but according to this interpretation of the constitution, any move by the government to limit or remove this right should act as a signal to any watchful patriot that the government is descending into tyranny and must be violently resisted?

If so, hasn't the government been fundamentally and permanently castrated on this issue? For the closer it gets to enacting restriction on gun ownership the closer it gets to being violently resisted for doing so? What then is the point in arguing about the morality, interpretation or rationale of this right? It's fundamental and permanent.

The way I see it, the US has no other choice but to come to terms with why they live in a society where tens of thousands of people a year want to kill their fellow citizens as they can't do anything about the how.
This sentence is not provable

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: June 23, 2018, 01:23:19 am »
Am I right in saying that there is no possibility that the US government can take away the guns from its people as it is an accepted fact amongst enough Americans that the right to bear arms is enshrined in their constitution? Not only that, but according to this interpretation of the constitution, any move by the government to limit or remove this right should act as a signal to any watchful patriot that the government is descending into tyranny and must be violently resisted?

If so, hasn't the government been fundamentally and permanently castrated on this issue for the closer it might get to any restriction of gun ownership the closer it will get to being violently resisted? What then is the point in arguing about the morality, interpretation or rationale of this right?

The way I see it, the US has no other choice but to come to terms with why they live in a society where ten thousand people a year want to kill their fellow citizens as they can't do anything about the how.
Think you're right mate. A quick Google suggests that the most recent polling indicates only 20% of the population would be against a full repeal of the 2nd amendment. Two thirds (ish) appear to be in favour of "stricter gun controls," though I think their ideas about what those gun controls should actually be are fair bit vaguer, and probably highly variable depending on who you talk to.

Even a few of the liberal Americans I've met seem a lot more ambivalent about guns than most British people - as you say, it seems the vast majority want at least some form of access to their choice of personal high powered killing machines. So aye, it seems like very little will change without a monumental paradigm shift. Seems crazy to me, but it's their funeral(s).