Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 301896 times)

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #520 on: April 12, 2009, 11:05:11 am »

Sale of Canadiens may be close: report
Montreal native Roustan considered a front-runner for historic club
Last Updated: Sunday, April 12, 2009 | 12:56 AM ET Comments9Recommend15
CBC Sports
Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett bought the club in 2001.Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett bought the club in 2001. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)

CBC Sports insider Scott Morrison says a deal to sell the Montreal Canadiens may be close.

Majority owner George Gillett has received as many as 10 serious offers for the famous team over the past few weeks and that group has been narrowed to two, Morrison said on Saturday during Hockey Night in Canada's Hot Stove segment.

"There has been a lot of activity in the last 48 hours, and speculation is that if not done, a deal for the sale of the Habs is very, very close," Morrison said.

One name near the top of the list seems to be that of W. Graeme Roustan, a Montreal native who runs a capital fund, Roustan Inc., is the chair of equipment firm Bauer Hockey, and has an arena building and management company, Roustanunited.

"He is very, very keen to buy the Canadiens," Morrison said.

Also in the running is the Quebec Pension Fund ( Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec), a group headed by Hall of Fame defenceman and former Habs' general manager and player Serge Savard, and at least seven others.

Savard's group seems to have a lot of local support.

"The fans in Montreal want, by an 87 per cent [margin] in the polls, Serge Savard," said Hockey Night insider Al Strachan, who added that group is serious and well funded.

"And it probably would be the best thing really, because if you look at teams in hockey, if you've got a hockey guy at the top, then you are probably going to be better off."

Speculation aside, there has not been any official word from Gillett he is interested in divesting himself of his 81-per-cent share in hockey's most famous franchise and one celebrating its 100th season. Molson owns the remaining 19 per cent.

Montreal is among the league's most successful clubs financially. In October, Forbes valued the team at $334 million US, the third highest in the NHL behind the Toronto Maple Leafs ($448 million) and New York Rangers ($411 million).

Gillett bought the club and its Bell Centre home arena for $181 million US in 2001 with the help of $140 million in loans from two banks and the Quebec pension fund manager.

Morrison cautioned that until Gillett makes an official announcement, all remains up in the air.

"All is moot as far as where the price is going to go and what the cost of the franchise is going to be," he said.

The Canadiens qualified for the playoffs on Thursday night and will play the Boston Bruins in the first round.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/04/11/montreal-canadienssale.html
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:49 am »
It's alright him selling his hockey team, but the money he borrowed to  buy them he still owes the banks. Just don't get how it will leave him cash rich.?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2009, 11:48:57 am »
It's alright him selling his hockey team, but the money he borrowed to  buy them he still owes the banks. Just don't get how it will leave him cash rich.?

He will sell for more then bought the club would be his intention. Thats doesnt mean he'll be cash rich, just cash richer then he currently is.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »
He will sell for more then bought the club would be his intention. Thats doesnt mean he'll be cash rich, just cash richer then he currently is.

I did actually think of that first but I'm looking at it similar to LFC it's a buyers market.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2009, 01:31:05 pm »
I did actually think of that first but I'm looking at it similar to LFC it's a buyers market.

Based on what I have read here though there is a lot of interest in the Canadiens due to the clubs place in Montreal and Quebec's culture. Theres also no transfer fees and a wage cap, so it should be easier to make money then it is with us.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2009, 01:38:00 pm »
Based on what I have read here though there is a lot of interest in the Canadiens due to the clubs place in Montreal and Quebec's culture. Theres also no transfer fees and a wage cap, so it should be easier to make money then it is with us.
good point wlr. the habs if remember it correctly are also the most decorated club in the nhl. not unlike a certain club that mr.gillete is also screwing up in a galaxy not so far far away.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2009, 02:00:30 pm »
I agree WLR, Gillett seems to have the the upper hand in selling his more Prestigious Asset,it appears the Canadiens have more "Glamour" about them than the Stars or Rangers.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #527 on: April 12, 2009, 02:10:30 pm »
Now wouldn't that be a slap in the face for Hick's, if Gillett ends up blocking any sale by Hick's and trying to force him out.

I said this the other day {tongue in cheek} but it could end up very, very possible.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Sing A Song of Torres

• Main Stander
  • Can't sing worth a damn, but I can shout loud.
« Reply #528 on: April 12, 2009, 02:33:49 pm »
...it appears the Canadiens have more "Glamour" about them than the Stars or Rangers.

About a year ago I emailed Stephen Brunt, the chief sports columnist for the Globe and Mail. The year before that he had written a lengthy article on Gillett buying Liverpool (this was around the time of Klinsmanngate), and since then had been the co-host on the FAN590 radio program whenever Gillett was interviewed. So I figured he might have some insights into what Gillett and Hicks were up to with Liverpool. He replied that the only thing he knew was it was an open secret amongst sports journalists that Hicks was trying to sell all or a portion of the Dallas Stars.

As I say, that was a year ago. If Hicks has had no joy in that time (when the economy was moderately better than it is now) it's really unlikely that between now and July, he'll have any success at flogging a portion of the Stars' ownership to raise the money to hold on to his Liverpool stake. We've seen this week that Gillett can basically snap his fingers and prospective buyers for the Canadiens come running. It looks like the balance of power between these two is starting to shift...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:35:26 pm by Sing A Song of Torres »
Dressing up as an internet terrorist for Hallowe'en.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2009, 02:33:55 pm »
I agree WLR, Gillett seems to have the the upper hand in selling his more Prestigious Asset,it appears the Canadiens have more "Glamour" about them than the Stars or Rangers.

Should this become a reality, and it looks very possible, it is an open secret that Gillett and Rafa do not get on. Should Gillett stay even as a minority share holder, what next?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2009, 03:12:07 pm »
Should this become a reality, and it looks very possible, it is an open secret that Gillett and Rafa do not get on. Should Gillett stay even as a minority share holder, what next?

have we got to the point that in this thread all we can talk about is speculation on a rumor, which will only happen should another speculation take place?

its like the Everton in the champions league threads on blue kipper

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »

Selling the Canadiens does not mean hes going to put that money into us. Firstly hes gotta pay the outstanding loans he used to buy the Canadiens, he still has his nascar interests, his car dealerships, ski resorts , then theres the $70 million loan he secured against us he might want to pay back, plus he probably has his fingers in many other pies. We shouldnt assume that Liverpool FC is his motivation for selling the Canadiens, it could have nothing to do with us.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 12, 2009, 03:21:52 pm »
& didn't a reliable ITK tell us he'd told Moores and Parry he felt too old and tired to want to continue as owner?

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 12, 2009, 03:24:26 pm »
Selling the Canadiens does not mean hes going to put that money into us. Firstly hes gotta pay the outstanding loans he used to buy the Canadiens, he still has his nascar interests, his car dealerships, ski resorts , then theres the $70 million loan he secured against us he might want to pay back, plus he probably has his fingers in many other pies. We shouldnt assume that Liverpool FC is his motivation for selling the Canadiens, it could have nothing to do with us.

Could he force Hicks' hand to sell though? I know he owes a mountain of money to hedge fund banks, Springfield to name but one, and he owes them $75m. If he can raise $280m from the sale of the Habs, surely that does not mean he has to pay off all his loans in one fell swoop. It gives him a life line and room to manoeuvre or indeed force a sale of LFC to someone else.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »
Could he force Hicks' hand to sell though? I know he owes a mountain of money to hedge fund banks, Springfield to name but one, and he owes them $75m. If he can raise $280m from the sale of the Habs, surely that does not mean he has to pay off all his loans in one fell swoop. It gives him a life line and room to manoeuvre or indeed force a sale of LFC to someone else.

He will have to pay back the oustanding loans against the Habs (i dont know how much that is), but yes, it wont mean if he comes into some money that he has to pay off all his other loans there and then. I just wouldnt assume selling the Canadiens means he weants to stick around at Liverpool, he could be looking to get out of both at the same time, and we know hes been prepared to sell to us both the Sheikh and Kuwaitis before.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2009, 03:48:34 pm »
He will have to pay back the oustanding loans against the Habs (i dont know how much that is),

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2009/03/24/george-gillett-may-sell-ice-hockey-franchise-to-shore-up-liverpool-fc-stake-92534-23218011/

"According to US business website Forbes.com the Canadiens are worth $334m (£230m), but it has debts worth 72% of that amount.

Gillett is understood to have previously wanted $400m (£275m) for the NHL team, so the sale could net him between £65m and £77m."

Even if he does want to invest his profit in Liverpool, which must be doubtful, it won't go very far.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2009, 03:54:06 pm »
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2009/03/24/george-gillett-may-sell-ice-hockey-franchise-to-shore-up-liverpool-fc-stake-92534-23218011/

"According to US business website Forbes.com the Canadiens are worth $334m (£230m), but it has debts worth 72% of that amount.

Gillett is understood to have previously wanted $400m (£275m) for the NHL team, so the sale could net him between £65m and £77m."

Even if he does want to invest his profit in Liverpool, which must be doubtful, it won't go very far.
it wont be to invest in liverpool it will be to pay off his $75M loan he took out not so long ago!!
"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans."DIC...
Ball's in your court now, G&H

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »
So whats the latest fellow Rawkites ?
Are they dead gone yet ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »
He likes his Nascar, raved over the 40m fans of it in one  of his interviews. Evernham still owns 20%, I suspect he may possibly want to secure that. Also there's another little opportunity -

Steamboat will probably be sold to a private individual and will make a great destination resort and Winter Park which is 50% owned by Denver will probably be picked up by one of a few small groups of private investors; possibly including "George Gillette Jr" former owner of Vail who has been poking around in recent months.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/130577-leveraged-buyout-firms-provide-shorting-opportunities

Not that there's going to be much left to do a lot with, certainly not enough for anything to do with LFC.
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2009, 06:43:59 pm »
& didn't a reliable ITK tell us he'd told Moores and Parry he felt too old and tired to want to continue as owner?

I can't find a link, but I think he said something along these lines in the impromptu meeting he had with an SOS representative in a hotel foyer late last year/early this year.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2009, 07:11:12 pm »

its like the Everton in the champions league threads on blue kipper

Have you been peeking in on the blue noses? Disgraceful! :P
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:42 am »
so who is it that's buying us now if ever? still the kharafis or someone else?
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2009, 08:09:04 am »

That was me ages ago

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2009, 09:20:58 am »
happy to say that it will not work out like that, the Canadiens debt is spred and unlike ours its split over other things, if sold some of the debt will pass onto the new owners, debt is not a bad thing if you have the means to pay it off, he should get about 170mil out of the deal.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2009, 09:55:44 am »
happy to say that it will not work out like that, the Canadiens debt is spred and unlike ours its split over other things, if sold some of the debt will pass onto the new owners, debt is not a bad thing if you have the means to pay it off, he should get about 170mil out of the deal.

happy?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2009, 10:00:57 am »
yes, the more money he gets from the sale the more chance there is he will pay his part of our loan off and the club can be sold.
happy?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2009, 10:04:30 am »
yes, the more money he gets from the sale the more chance there is he will pay his part of our loan off and the club can be sold.

Also more morte chance of him meeting his half of RBS's demands for extra gurantees etc and renewing the loan too and keeping hold of us. And that just two of the possibilities!!!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2009, 10:47:07 am »
Gillett has cash registers ringing in his ears -

Time to drop the bucks

Playoffs mean payoffs; "Even a single series is reportedly worth on the order of $15 million."

By JACK TODDApril 13, 2009 3:02 AM

Gentlemen, start your cash registers. What you will witness over the coming fortnight is not about hockey, or winning a Stanley Cup, or the Sainted Flannel, whether you have flannel CH PJs or not.

No, it's all about money. George Gillett's money. Not yours, not mine. Our hockey team, perhaps. His dough.

A playoff series, even a single series, is reportedly worth on the order of $15 million to Gillett. Chicken feed in terms of Gillett's overall financial situation and his need to milk the Habs to finance his Liverpool purchase, serious cash if you're a guy working two jobs to keep up the mortgage on your bungalow.

You'd think they would at least give you Novocaine before the extraction begins, which will be as soon as they drop the first puck in Boston. (It will go on until the Canadiens are eliminated - approximately six games later. In the meantime, if you experience any discomfort, take two Aspirin and call someone else.)

This gigantic money-sucking enterprise will involve such unsubtle techniques as showing fans on the big screen at the Bell Centre only if they are suitably attired in ruinously expensive Canadiens apparel and it will include making unsuitable demands of anyone seeking to purchase a playoff ticket.

Why? Ladies and gentlemen, in case you are unclear on the concept, M. Gillett is about three things:

1. Money.

2. Money.

3. Money. Not necessarily in that order.

Which does not mean that he has been a bad owner. If nothing else, Gillett and team president Pierre Boivin have combined to show that the CH logo, in combination with the Bell Centre, can be used as a gigantic money-extracting machine. Unlike fumbling Molson and bumbling Ronald Corey, they have shown what sharp-eyed and somewhat ruthless marketing can do when applied to the most legendary brand in the sport.

Nostalgia (who knew?) is worth something.

By such simple acts as paying homage to worthy legends of the past by retiring their numbers (something Corey refused to do), Gillett and Boivin have turned our memories into cash. By merchandising old jerseys, no matter how ugly, in this centennial year, they have proven that people will cheerfully pay hundreds of dollars to go around dressed as a barber pole - if only the pole has some version of the Canadiens logo hidden among the stripes. Now, apparently, we are to be left to the likes of Jim Balsillie, who afflicted the world with the dreaded BlackBerry, or René Angélil, who proved it is possible to live extremely well on the earnings of a much younger woman. Neither of the above-mentioned should be allowed to come within a Sheldon Souray slapshot of owning the Habs. Balsillie has already blotted his copybook, within the NHL and the stock exchange, and I remember Angélil most from the days when he used to hang around the Canadiens dressing room wearing a knee-length fur coat. When I described Angélil's attire to the most quick-witted member of the family, he said it was because Mr. Céline Dion wanted to save money. "Huh?" says I. "Simple," says he. "He saves on his dry-cleaning bill. When his fur coat has to be cleaned, he sends it to the vet." Ah, yes. Please, save us from BlackBerries and falling Angélils. Beyond that, we have two potentially excellent investors, neither of whom is named Guy Laliberté. One is Joey Saputo, who has shown he knows how to run a sports franchise without spending extravagant amounts of money. Saputo is smart, pleasant, down-to-earth and, from what I have witnessed, he might be the best father in this city. I have never seen an adult handle two pre-teen boys with as deft a mixture of calm, quiet words and firmness. (If you think that's easy, try it some time.) And Saputo has money and a family with deep roots in this city. What more could you want? Then there is Serge Savard. Certified Canadiens legend (Gillett and Boivin chose to send his No. 18 to the rafters, remember?) and GM of the last two teams to win Stanley Cups, in 1986 and 1993. As long as Savard promises never again to hire Jean Perron for any job that does not involve pushing a broom, we would be delighted to see him take over this franchise. As for what appears to be the end of the Gillett era, it has been rather sad. The firing of Guy Carbonneau, when you come right down to it, yielded almost nothing. The Canadiens were able to put together a modest win streak, fed mostly by mediocre opposition and home crowds, to squeak into the playoffs. But with an opportunity to avoid Boston and face Washington and a frequently shaky José Theodore instead, they let Pittsburgh fire 41 shots at Carey Price Saturday night. Price, who for a time seemed to be playing his best game in months, surrendered two shorthanded goals on a single power play and that was the game. With Andrei Markov on the shelf, even the courageous return of Mathieu Schneider will not be enough. This 100th anniversary season has been maimed by a combination of injuries, illness, wild rumours and Gillett's financial troubles, and it is unlikely to recover soon. As for Gillett, don't underestimate what he accomplished here. Running a franchise well is no easy task, even if your sole purpose is to extract every last penny you can pump out of a team. Molson and Corey couldn't do it, Gillett and Boivin have done it very well. The product is slicker, the game production is better, the entire hockey operation is more solid and the scoreboard (around which all the marketing revolves) is now HD. What more could you want? A Stanley Cup? Get real. Not this decade. Maybe not this lifetime. But at least you have your barber-pole jerseys. Long after this centennial team has faded into history, you can walk around town telling folks that you paid $400 to look like a place where people get five-buck haircuts. Now that's marketing.

jacktodd46@yahoo.com

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sports/Time+drop+bucks/1490366/story.html
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2009, 12:47:05 pm »
Have you been peeking in on the blue noses? Disgraceful! :P

nope but i can imagine

i bet this gives them as much pleasure as the laugh at everton thread

If they were to have a laugh at liverpool thread it may just have a direct link to this part of the board

quick, watch them cling onto speculation untill its something they dont want to hear, then its all lies by the southern media

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2009, 01:34:08 pm »
nope but i can imagine

If they were to have a laugh at liverpool thread it may just have a direct link to this part of the board

quick, watch them cling onto speculation untill its something they dont want to hear, then its all lies by the southern media

Shame we won't see you lurking here any more then.  ;)

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 13, 2009, 01:49:01 pm »
nope but i can imagine

1 The vast majority of posters are not "clinging onto speculation" as you put it, they are just reporting and discussing a very important issue that effects the future of the club.

2 Who cares what Everton fans think?
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »
Shame we won't see you lurking here any more then.  ;)

i will still be lurking, in the brief hope that something of interest and real link is mentioned.

1 The vast majority of posters are not "clinging onto speculation" as you put it, they are just reporting and discussing a very important issue that effects the future of the club.

they are reporting speculation of which they are then speculating on its affect on the club.

For all we know it could have no barings on our club at all.

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »
any new news?
"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans."DIC...

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2009, 04:37:05 pm »
any new news?

Nothing is going on over Easter. Maybe tomorrow we'll get more 'speculations'. :D

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2009, 04:38:17 pm »
Couldn't give a flying fuck what the bitters think to be honest.

And as far as the speculation goes, well it does no harm trying to work out what the two leeches will do, whether they are selling/being made bankrupt/staying/fell down the stairs

If you don't like it, you could always ignore it.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »
fuck the tesco cu nts let them get on with 6th place!!

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #556 on: April 13, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »
Somewhere in this scattering of hear`say and media cuttings the truth hides...I for one hope these sort of threads keep going untill we have rid of the horrible greedy bastards and someone that cares for the club takes over.

I dont give a monkeys spunk gland what the fuckers across the road think.....we are, have been, and forever will be a better club than thiers.

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #557 on: April 13, 2009, 06:09:23 pm »
i will give my mate a call at ML when they get in in the morning, see if they have any news whats been going on over the long weekend if anything.

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:15 pm »
I don't have an update right now, but will be asking again this week. 

As I've mentioned before, the problem we face with various developments is that H&G have a history of mucking people about, mucking each other about and generally changing the goal posts at every turn.

I don't see Gillett selling the Canadiens as being overly significant in his ability to hang onto to us, and it does seem that Hicks is now also feeling the pinch. 

Hopefully we'll have more news soon, but my gut feeling is that any significant changes will wait until the end of the season.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: April 13, 2009, 07:32:09 pm »
It seems significant that Gillett was here last week and is flying back next week, no? He wouldn't just be coming to see the matches because he enjoys football, that's for sure, so either he's meeting people or he's trying to win the pr battle against Hicks.