Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130087 times)

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64480 on: November 21, 2020, 10:19:26 pm »
Oh yeah, he'd stand no chance against Spence or Crawford right now but he's far the better fighter here

Oh yeah I’m not talking Spence/Crawford I’m talking people like khan/Brook even would sort him out.

A real test would be Ekow Essuman for Benn imo.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:59 pm by Legs »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64481 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:59 pm »
Benn's come out here like he's put his purse on the fight ending in this round ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64482 on: November 21, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »
Benn is fast and throws lots of punches I can’t help but think he is too reckless and a step up in level he will get picked off.

Every time I've seen him he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Same was true of his old man to be fair. Conor is going to run into his version of Michael Watson at some stage.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64483 on: November 21, 2020, 10:31:40 pm »
Connor is still European level, heck let him win the British title first.
Commentators trying to make out he could go on and really be something. Just can’t see it myself. Think he’ll struggle to go past domestic level. So open and he carries no real power
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64484 on: November 21, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »
Every time I've seen him he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Same was true of his old man to be fair. Conor is going to run into his version of Michael Watson at some stage.

Nigel was battering this level of fighters though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #64485 on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:33 pm »
Solid chin being shown.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64486 on: November 21, 2020, 10:37:17 pm »
They gone and found some plumber haven't they?  ;D

To be fair I think Formella is a decent standard, Shawn Porter is his only loss and that was by UD but can see what people say about Benn. I think he'll be a decent level but he won't be elite.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64487 on: November 21, 2020, 10:39:14 pm »
He's so much better than he was, it's pretty cool to see the improvement, seems a good lad as well so I'm rooting for him, Sims as his trainer and all the good sparring there is evidently working really well for him.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64488 on: November 21, 2020, 10:43:31 pm »
Fair play to Formella for going the distance. Good performance from Benn tonight but a long way to go.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64489 on: November 21, 2020, 11:05:26 pm »
Must've watched a different fight to some here. Benn dominant and getting better all the time, seriously fast hands.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64490 on: November 21, 2020, 11:19:03 pm »
Nigel was battering this level of fighters though.
This lads only loss was to Porter on points. He's no mug. Young Benn is starting to look like a proper contender imo.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64491 on: November 21, 2020, 11:33:22 pm »
Benn always turns up in great shape and is improving technically, however he just doesn't hit hard enough. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:45:19 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64492 on: November 21, 2020, 11:47:50 pm »
This lads only loss was to Porter on points. He's no mug. Young Benn is starting to look like a proper contender imo.

He has talent but he's not ready for the elite so put him up  against the British champion to see where he is.

Benn always turns up in great shape and is improving technically, however he just doesn't hit hard enough. 

Could maybe come down a weight mate.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64493 on: November 21, 2020, 11:48:52 pm »
Must've watched a different fight to some here. Benn dominant and getting better all the time, seriously fast hands.
Absolutely he dominated tonight and has improved, but he still leaves himself open all the time and he has no power. Don’t know much about Chris Jenkins the British champ but wouldn’t fancy him against Josh Kelly and he’s not likely to be much better than European level
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64494 on: November 22, 2020, 12:33:43 am »

Could maybe come down a weight mate.

It might sound daft but Conner is just the wrong shape for a boxer. As a boxer you want a narrow body and long levers to give you a reach advantage. Conner is pretty much the opposite he has a really wide frame and to compound it a huge head for his frame.

He is a perfect example of nurture over nature. He has grown up in an environment that has given him an advantage but as he goes up in class that will quickly evaporate.

I think he will get walked down because he isn't technically brilliant enough to score without being hit and doesn't have the firepower to deter elite level fighters. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64495 on: November 23, 2020, 11:52:00 am »
He has talent but he's not ready for the elite so put him up  against the British champion to see where he is.

That's a fair step for him to take. He didn't even look British title level a couple of years ago. He is clearly working hard to improve. I'd agree he isn't at the world level, and may never be. Then again, he could get a 'soft' title as there are about 500 of them! Didn't Paul Smith get a world title shot? Or more than one?  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64496 on: November 23, 2020, 01:25:40 pm »
That's a fair step for him to take. He didn't even look British title level a couple of years ago. He is clearly working hard to improve. I'd agree he isn't at the world level, and may never be. Then again, he could get a 'soft' title as there are about 500 of them! Didn't Paul Smith get a world title shot? Or more than one?  ;D

Paul Smith used to get a World Title shot every other week ;D

Mind you, in my book he actually won one of them so shouldn't take the piss.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64497 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:47 pm »
 ;D

I see Edwardo Hearn saying Fury v Joshua at least one of them fights will be in the UK. Get that Saudi money you fucker.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64498 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:02 pm »
WORLD'S STRONGEST BOXING!

Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson fighT confirmed for September 2021.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64499 on: November 24, 2020, 02:10:00 pm »

Cert they put that on PPV too.

This shite at the weekend is a joke. Surely no one will be paying for it. No knockouts, no judges, no cuts etc. What the flying fuck is the point of it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64500 on: November 24, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »
Isn't Tyson donated his purse to charity?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64501 on: November 24, 2020, 02:41:42 pm »

Fans of the sweet science will be dissapointed with this one I think ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64502 on: November 24, 2020, 02:43:18 pm »
Fuck off with that attitude mate. I heard Big Hafthor moves likes Pernell Whittaker in his pomp.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64503 on: November 24, 2020, 03:45:48 pm »
Floyd v McGregor opened the doors for all these gimmicky boxing matches. They're alright to a point but  no way would I shell out £25 to watch two amateur Youtubers or bodybuilders with no fighting experience slug it out. Tyson v Jones is going to be a bust too, nothing but a glorified sparring session.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64504 on: November 24, 2020, 04:46:23 pm »
Fuck off with that attitude mate. I heard Big Hafthor moves likes Pernell Whittaker in his pomp.

Hey, I'm not complaining.  Much as we can all appreciate the technical wizardry of Sweet Pea, there's nothing better than watching a couple of absolute units windmilling at each other for a couple of rounds before one of them collapses from exhaustion ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64505 on: November 24, 2020, 06:23:06 pm »
Tempted to lump on the draw at 12/1 with Betfred for Tyson v Jones.

The only thing that's stopping me is wondering whether they can drag it out long enough.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64506 on: November 24, 2020, 08:24:04 pm »
Tempted to lump on the draw at 12/1 with Betfred for Tyson v Jones.

The only thing that's stopping me is wondering whether they can drag it out long enough.
If they use economy of effort they could easily manage it. I believe it is two minute rounds as well. Old or not both have enough experience to know how to go the distance.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #64507 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:21 pm »
If they use economy of effort they could easily manage it. I believe it is two minute rounds as well. Old or not both have enough experience to know how to go the distance.

Don't remember Tyson going the distance much. Then again it was 30 years ago..

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64508 on: November 24, 2020, 10:07:16 pm »
Isn't Tyson donated his purse to charity?

Was listening to the Costello and Bunce podcast today and the clips of Mike interviewing Tyson in Paris were quite chilling, dangerous c*nt regardless of anything good he's supposedly doing now.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64509 on: November 24, 2020, 10:23:29 pm »
Was listening to the Costello and Bunce podcast today and the clips of Mike interviewing Tyson in Paris were quite chilling, dangerous c*nt regardless of anything good he's supposedly doing now.
What was said?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64510 on: November 24, 2020, 10:27:22 pm »
What was said?

It was from at least a decade ago, and Costello was musing about when he should bring up the rape conviction in his 1 hr interview slot. He brought it up about half way through the interview and Tyson said he didn't do it so why would he be sorry, and when Costello pressed him on the conviction he basically threatened him. His whole conduct around the conviction in the interview was disgusting to be honest, saying he had done much worse.

I appreciate his supreme talent as a boxer and what he achieved will never be matched by someone at the age that he did it and I completely empathise with the tough upbringing he had but his complete lack of remorse doesn't sit right with me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64511 on: November 26, 2020, 01:41:05 pm »
My daft bit cousin has ordered the Tyson/Jones Jr clown show the fucking idiot.  ;D  :butt

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #64512 on: November 26, 2020, 01:47:43 pm »
My daft bit cousin has ordered the Tyson/Jones Jr clown show the fucking idiot.  ;D  :butt

How much are they getting properly? Dan Rafael said Jones Jr is getting a guaranteed $1 million, whereas some reports say Tyson is getting around $10 million.

I really don't want to see this, but I will watch it through some morbid curiosity and nostalgia. I'm not buying it though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64513 on: November 26, 2020, 01:53:31 pm »
Jones Jr getting $5 million in total and a guarantee of a million mate. Tyson is getting $10m but he said he will give most of it to charity.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64514 on: November 26, 2020, 02:06:59 pm »
Speaking of washed up former legends doing things that are bad for their health, DLH wants to fight GGG apparently  :o

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64515 on: November 26, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »
 ;D

Mate, JCC said he wants to come out of retirement just to  fight Oscar again.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64516 on: November 26, 2020, 02:17:26 pm »
;D

Mate, JCC said he wants to come out of retirement just to  fight Oscar again.

Ha, I'd probably watch that.  GGG might literally kill him though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64517 on: November 26, 2020, 09:13:09 pm »

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64518 on: November 26, 2020, 09:15:07 pm »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64519 on: November 27, 2020, 11:05:06 am »

I once paid for the Bellew vs Cleverly II card and felt like a proper mug (my Internet was shit so had no chance of a stream). It was also an excuse to get rid of the missus and kid for the evening so that was worth the money IMO  ;D

Therefore, I don't say this lightly, but anyone paying £20 for this is a complete mug. In fact, they are the mug of mugs.