Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252442 times)

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2009, 12:23:17 pm »
Been unemployed since March, It's been the borinest 3 months of my life.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »
Anyone else still in this boat? Had 3 interviews so far, got great feedback with them all but one way or another no offersso all in all very frustrating. Think there are that many people going for every job that the employers can afford to be very particular. I have another interview next Tuesday so keeping fingers crossed for that.

Signed on last week - never knew what a ballache it was. Took so long to register by phone, then going through all the questions when I was there. Have my first appointment next Tuesday and will have to cancel it as I now have an interview! Been on the phone for about an hour trying to get through but constantly engaged.

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to backdate Job Seekers Allowance? I asked if I could when I registered and they asked why I hadn't applied for it straight away - outrageously I said it was because I was spending my time looking for a new job instead. Apparently it can be quite difficult to get?

Nick, your right there mate I waited 2 weeks before signing on and they didnt pay me for it, which basically meant that I lost out on £100, the questions they ask you are a joke, I hate signing on its full of scum in the job centre by ours.

I'm out of work at the moment.

Got two years experience as a website developer with a degree aswell.

It's fucking shite. Gonna have to sign on when I get back from Glasto, I have done it once before and it's fucking horrible.

Also gonna have to look into getting a basic office job or something.

Wish I would have just got a trade and not bothered with uni

Stu, I didnt know you werent working mate, shit that. FB chat or Pm me next time were online might have something for ya with this job i've just got.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2009, 02:00:28 pm »

Been unemployed since March, It's been the borinest 3 months of my life.

Keep your self busy mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2009, 01:11:43 am »
Cant believe how fast the time has gone since I first posted on here. My last day of work is the 30th of June.

I'm actually getting a decent redundancy payout from the place.

I just have some questions which I hope someone can answer:

I wont qualify for jobseekers allowance beacuse I have to much savings, what do I do then? Do I still apply knowing I wont get it?

I only ask this as I dont have anything lined up yet jobwise and there will be a gap in my earnings and contributions.

If i get rejected does that mean they have a record of what I'm doing and so cant demand £x in a few years time saying that they have no records of me for this period.

You may still qualify for Contributions-Based JSA mate , If you dont you will still be entitled to your NI Contributions but will not get any payments .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2009, 09:51:39 am »
Nick, your right there mate I waited 2 weeks before signing on and they didnt pay me for it, which basically meant that I lost out on £100, the questions they ask you are a joke, I hate signing on its full of scum in the job centre by ours.

Yeah, got a letter yesterday funnily enough saying they couldn't backdate it due to my reason not being good enough. The reason being I thought I'd look for work straight away. Can't be arsed appealing it so missed out on about £250 I think. Found out I've got another interview on Thursday though so now have two lined up next week.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2009, 01:13:09 am »
I'll be unemployed as of the 7th July. Handed in my two weeks notice the other day. It's shit but kind of exciting, just hope I can find something within a couple of months.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2009, 08:34:04 am »
Not getting at you but shouldn't you have found a new job before quitting your old one?
My missus is desperate for a new job, but can't get anywhere, but as I remind her when it gets her down, at least she had a job while she's searching, a lot of people aren't that lucky.
Best of luck to everyone here anyway :wave

Offline seanoevil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA.
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2009, 08:46:00 am »
Unemployed since April - bored shitless, driving the missus mad me being home all the time.
JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

15/10/10 - It's a new dawn, it's a new day...COME ON YOU REDMEN!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2009, 09:05:23 pm »
Not getting at you but shouldn't you have found a new job before quitting your old one?
My missus is desperate for a new job, but can't get anywhere, but as I remind her when it gets her down, at least she had a job while she's searching, a lot of people aren't that lucky.
Best of luck to everyone here anyway :wave

It was a case of me jumping before I was pushed. My work have been complete dicks with me for the last couple of weeks and I was being threatened with the sack if I didn't come in for a meeting on my day off. I couldn't make the meeting because I was away and after a long discussion with the missus weighing up my options, I decided to hand in my resignation.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2009, 09:48:07 pm »
It was a case of me jumping before I was pushed. My work have been complete dicks with me for the last couple of weeks and I was being threatened with the sack if I didn't come in for a meeting on my day off. I couldn't make the meeting because I was away and after a long discussion with the missus weighing up my options, I decided to hand in my resignation.

Shoud've waited until they got rid.  You've played into their hands.  Plus I think your benefits may not be paid 'cos you quit.  They'd have to have a good reason to sack ya or you could take them for compo for unfair dismissal.  If things were really that bad you should've went off sick and still earned for a while.  Or gathered evidence if they were being shit - then leave and then put a claim in now for constructive dismissal.  May not win it but worth a bash.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2009, 09:54:27 pm »
Shoud've waited until they got rid.  You've played into their hands.  Plus I think your benefits may not be paid 'cos you quit.  They'd have to have a good reason to sack ya or you could take them for compo for unfair dismissal.  If things were really that bad you should've went off sick and still earned for a while.  Or gathered evidence if they were being shit - then leave and then put a claim in now for constructive dismissal.  May not win it but worth a bash.

Alot of what you posted doesn't apply to me as I've only been in this job for 9 months, which more or less means I don't have a leg to stand on if they sack me. Also, if I'd have been sacked then that goes against me for any future employment I go for. At least this way I get to work my two weeks notice and will still get a good reference from the place, rather than have to answer awkward questions about why I was sacked when I go for another job interview. The only down side is that I can't claim benefits.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2009, 11:01:59 pm »
Alot of what you posted doesn't apply to me as I've only been in this job for 9 months, which more or less means I don't have a leg to stand on if they sack me. Also, if I'd have been sacked then that goes against me for any future employment I go for. At least this way I get to work my two weeks notice and will still get a good reference from the place, rather than have to answer awkward questions about why I was sacked when I go for another job interview. The only down side is that I can't claim benefits.

Doesn't matter.  Unless it's in your contract for example that you're on a 12month probation period.  The most senior jobs have 6 months at most.  You wouldn't be entitled to statutory redundancy etc obviously as you're only there 9 months.  But they still need to justify a sacking.  Either as a result of bad timekeeping or if you done something illegal like hitting someone or stealing etc.  If it's over performance they'd need to go down the disciplinary route whereby they'd need to set you performance targets and then show that you've not met them.  And said targets would need to be reasonable re the job you do.  This process can take a few months.

It's not that easy to sack someone unless you've done any of the above.  Your giving up a wage and playing into their hands in my opinion.  You're call though.  I suppose if you're so pissed at the job ya mprob can't wait to get out.  In this situation you should've gone off sick and let the feckers pay ya for a period while you sat on your jaxi.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:47 pm »
Been unemployed for over 12 months now and out of work for 2 years 8 months  :o

I am finally (fingers crossed) getting my operation on the 13th of July, I will need another 3ish months after that to fully recover and then I shall be fit for work for the first time in about 3 years, just hope I can find a job straight away :D

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »
Been unemployed for over 12 months now and out of work for 2 years 8 months  :o

I am finally (fingers crossed) getting my operation on the 13th of July, I will need another 3ish months after that to fully recover and then I shall be fit for work for the first time in about 3 years, just hope I can find a job straight away :D

Good luck to you Lo , Fingers crossed for you :)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Delicious

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2009, 11:21:20 pm »
Are you Unemployed atm  ?
How long has it been now ?
For me its coming onto 8 months and Im bored as fuck

Got laid off last year , have applied for Uni this year in the hope I can pursue my love , Music Technology , what are you doing to pass the time ?

Any ideas for others in here in the same predicement ?

Are there any courses for people like us to get onto in order to increase our options ?

Do you get fed up of being rejected for Jobs ?
I must have applied for a thousand jobs since I got laid off and I rarely get
any sort of response or feedback . . . .

Answers on a postcard . :) If you can afford one that is . . .

Unemployed by choice.  Used to teach first grade at a school for the gifted, which basically means a school for the extremely rich and delusional parent.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2009, 06:56:28 pm »
I had my first 2nd interview today. Had to do a 20 minute presntation and then got a good grilling. Felt it went ok but never can tell. I was the first of the 2nd stage applicants they saw - possibly 4 in total from what I can tell. There's so much competition for every job it seems. Afterwards they asked where I was from etc - told them I was born in Liverpool, turns out they are a couple of dirty Mancs - I asked if they wanted me to walk out there and then! Thought it wouldn't be wise to mention the 4-1 though!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2009, 06:58:18 pm »
I'm unemployed no income apart from lump sums here and there. Should go on the dole but pride is getting the best of me would rather die.

Need a job hardly any going in London. Going to uni this summer as a tramp.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2009, 07:51:38 pm »
Should go on the dole but pride is getting the best of me would rather die.

Silly.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2009, 07:53:40 pm »
Silly.
Hardly there is the pride part and there is the stay clear of the life my mates went into to. Could never bring myself to go and sign on every other week.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »
Are you looking for a job? (I have not read this thread)

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2009, 07:59:46 pm »
Hardly there is the pride part and there is the stay clear of the life my mates went into to. Could never bring myself to go and sign on every other week.
The dole isn't just money you know.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »
Its a state of mind?

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »

This is true.

Although even if it was just the money, why would anyone turn down free money if they are looking for a job anyway? Maybe I have no pride.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2009, 08:19:30 pm »
If you're too proud to go and sign one a fortnight, you obviously don't need the money that much.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2009, 08:23:11 pm »
Meh

Moral of the story is I'm a idiot.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:41 pm »
I'm trying to get a part-time job in bar/pub or a bookies during the summer to tide me over whilst I decide what I want to do having just graduated. Dropped off an application form in Coral earlier.

With regards to the dole, me Dad says I should go and sign on while I'm looking.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:55 pm »
With regards to the dole, me Dad says I should go and sign on while I'm looking.

.........and he is right.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2009, 09:41:43 pm »
That's exactly what the doles for!
I'm unsure as to whether I can sign on in the summer, finish work in July then start again in September, so I've got one month not getting paid but not sure if I can claim

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2009, 10:02:07 pm »
That's exactly what the doles for!
I'm unsure as to whether I can sign on in the summer, finish work in July then start again in September, so I've got one month not getting paid but not sure if I can claim
I'm pretty sure you can

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2009, 10:34:49 pm »
Did I mention the Army? .....there's a war on lads...why not a little fun and adventure? 3 squares a day...clothes..traveling..working out, going camping, and shooting guns. What's better than that? :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:38:33 pm by GIRed »
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 1, 2009, 08:19:42 am »
What's better than that? :)

Going to work knowing you are not going to get shot at.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #192 on: July 1, 2009, 09:01:44 am »
On the subject of the dole - anyone know how flexible they are about having to sign on every fortnight? My wife and kid are off to Ireland for a month in the summer holidays to stay with the in-laws and seeing as I don't have a job I was going to go as well - can do the same amount of applications etc from there as I can here. Trouble is, if I don't sign on for a fortnight do I just lose that 2 weeks worth of money or would my application be cancelled?

If it makes any difference I'll be in Northern Ireland so still the UK from their point of view. Beer tokens on offer for anyone who can help clear it up - I can't face the 2 hour phonecall trying to get an official answer!

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 1, 2009, 09:10:42 am »
On the subject of the dole - anyone know how flexible they are about having to sign on every fortnight? My wife and kid are off to Ireland for a month in the summer holidays to stay with the in-laws and seeing as I don't have a job I was going to go as well - can do the same amount of applications etc from there as I can here. Trouble is, if I don't sign on for a fortnight do I just lose that 2 weeks worth of money or would my application be cancelled?

If it makes any difference I'll be in Northern Ireland so still the UK from their point of view. Beer tokens on offer for anyone who can help clear it up - I can't face the 2 hour phonecall trying to get an official answer!

When I was signing on a while ago I was going on holiday for a week and luckily it feel between the 2 weeks. Although when I enquired about it they said I would have to 'sign off' and then when I returned 'signed back on'. They said if it was for a matter of weeks it would just be a case of ticking a few boxes, but anything over (I think) 6 weeks they would have to start a new case again. To my knowledge basically to qualify for the £££ you HAVE to be there and able to ‘sign on’ on the date agreed and in the area agreed.

You could go down the route of saying you’re ill and you might be able to blag them for a week, but this obviously would jeopardise you’re claim.

EDIT: Apparently you need a form called ES674 from the benifets office.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081003185121AAlSPgH   - more detailed answers can be found here pal.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2009, 09:13:08 am by CheshireDave »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #194 on: July 1, 2009, 09:14:16 am »
Cheers Dave - I'll see if I can get an asnwer from them next time I'm in there. I can argue that I can still apply for things online but from their regimented point of view I can see them thinking I'm going on holiday for a month isn't the best way to be actively looking for work!

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 1, 2009, 09:44:20 am »
Cheers Dave - I'll see if I can get an asnwer from them next time I'm in there. I can argue that I can still apply for things online but from their regimented point of view I can see them thinking I'm going on holiday for a month isn't the best way to be actively looking for work!

I think as long as you don't leave the UK and give them your contact details I think they'll be fine with it. After all you're only missing 1 sign on day.

Offline charlie farley

• UGGly Feet
  • Kopite
« Reply #196 on: July 1, 2009, 10:10:28 am »
I resigned yesterday, and meet my new boss today to sort out wages hours etc. So I am unemployed until about 1pm today. Been wanting out for ages, but not much out there as you know.

Good luck finding a job everyone, especially Lo.
Suarez is going to nutmeg the fuck out of ya!!!!

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #197 on: July 1, 2009, 02:27:24 pm »

You are officially allowed 2 weeks per year Holiday from signing on mate ,

You just tell them yer away and they will make you fill in a form and when you return they will ask you to go back on the first day you are back to sign another form to say you are back ,
It might also be possible to sign whilst yer away in the local Jobcentre but Im not 100% on that one . . .
« Last Edit: July 1, 2009, 02:31:07 pm by shelovesyouyehyehyeh »

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #198 on: July 1, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »
Going to work knowing you are not going to get shot at.

Now getting shot at is not so bad..as long as no one gets seriously wounded.  Really the least of your worries. Now shooting back is exciting. Thing you gotta worry about is IEDs and RPGs.

But the real matter of fact very few in the Army actually close with the enemy in close combat. If your not Infantry, Armor or Cavalry...you have got a 90% of coming home without seeing combat and a 98% of not getting killed.   :D
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 1, 2009, 03:16:46 pm »
This might be a very silly question to some people but I've never signed on before, apart from the last month or so. I've been offered a new job and start on Monday, my signing on day is this Friday coming, do I still do that as per normal and just tell the guy there that I've found a job now? If so, will I still recieve my money as I usually do a few days later. Obviously I'll not be getting paid for another month so it'd be handy