Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252852 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 02:54:10 pm »
I think I sent of 350 CV's before I even got my first interview.

And Im not talking online applications or emails here.

My point is just keep applying and sooner or later you will get a call.
i did somethin like that after college a few years ago, sent 50-70 cvs out online and callin from door to door, got 2 interviews arranged, offered both jobs, took one... but it took getting the name out to be given the opportunity, albiet it was years before the recession...

good luck to you all however, hope ye get sorted soon..

Offline amsterdam red

• Main Stander
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 04:56:26 pm »
I've been unemployed for about a month now. The first week it was quite enjoyable as i've never taken off a lot and this forced free time was quite nice.

But I soon realised hanging around the house is really nothing for me,... I still wake up at 7am and have a great drive to search for something new,.... More than i expected actually, but i seem to swallow rejections, the "sorry, we've put this jobopening 'on hold.........', the "due to the current economic climate......." and the "you have too little experience......"s qute easily still,..... and send out applications every single day. I'm confident i'll find something soon!!

Keep the heads up high, lads! *There's something out there for us.

Two questions though:

Why is it that you seem to spend so much more money, when you're not earning anything?
And aren't phone-interviews the most horrible thing ever?

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 06:13:42 pm »
I started to sign on this week as i was skint, i have been looking for work for ages but there is more open to you and they
help you find work more if u are signed on, seems they dont care unless your signed on.
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 07:15:43 pm »
I started to sign on this week as i was skint, i have been looking for work for ages but there is more open to you and they
help you find work more if u are signed on, seems they dont care unless your signed on.
They help you no more if yur signing on or not to be honest mate , they do absolutely nothing to help me and to a degree it is down to me to find something but they only ever seem to ensure i am actively seeking work more than anything else . they are useless.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 07:19:52 pm »
Time fly's Phil, I recall you posting or staring a thread about your course. Have you tired GasForce in Liverpool or is that a stupid question.

Yes mate times flies unfortunalty still nto where i wanna be.

Gasforce no mate, ive not, to be honest ive never heard of them , checked online cant seem to find them, you dont have a number or website for them do you ?

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »
I was working until July. Absolutely hated it, and the company became absolutely farcical so I left.

Was doing a bit of temp work in October/November but nothing since then.

Very frustrating. Couple of interviews I had seemed to go well but nothing came of it. Got one job i'm waiting to hear back from, but I don't hold out much/any hope. Sadly. because this is one job I actually really like the sound of.

So yeah, very frustrating. Especailly when most of my friends are getting on really well. I know I shouldn't compare myself to them, but it's difficult not to.

Though after all this, I don't regret leaving my last job.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2009, 08:25:20 pm »
They help you no more if yur signing on or not to be honest mate , they do absolutely nothing to help me and to a degree it is down to me to find something but they only ever seem to ensure i am actively seeking work more than anything else . they are useless.

It's a bit of a joke really.

I go to sign on, they ask "have you been looking for work?". I say "yeah" and they say please sign here, sir.

Nothing to it. Even if they ask to give examples of what i'm doing, it'd still be completely easy to lie. Obviously i'm not cheating the system, i'm looking for work, but it's easy to exploit it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 08:36:46 pm »
It's a bit of a joke really.

I go to sign on, they ask "have you been looking for work?". I say "yeah" and they say please sign here, sir.

Nothing to it. Even if they ask to give examples of what i'm doing, it'd still be completely easy to lie. Obviously i'm not cheating the system, i'm looking for work, but it's easy to exploit it.

Staff prob have to officially ask those questions though, and prob go through the motions when doing it to tick a govt box.  Bit like those robatic questions the totally uninterested check in staff at you at the airport, 'did you pack the bag yourself' etc.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 08:40:26 pm »
Staff prob have to officially ask those questions though, and prob go through the motions when doing it to tick a govt box.  Bit like those robatic questions the totally uninterested check in staff at you at the airport, 'did you pack the bag yourself' etc.

Yeah, pretty much. I suppose they figure it's not worth the time and effort to sit down and really go through things.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 10:49:24 pm »

Gasforce no mate, ive not, to be honest ive never heard of them , checked online cant seem to find them, you dont have a number or website for them do you ?

I'll find out - they have certainly expanded in Liverpool over the last year or so.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »
I'll find out - they have certainly expanded in Liverpool over the last year or so.

Cheers John, i appreciate it

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:42 am »
'Sure I could get up at dawn, get in traffic, go to a job I hate that does not inspire me creatively what so ever, for the rest of my life. Sure I could do that, OR.... I could get up at noon and learn how to play the sitar'

;)
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 09:11:52 am »
'Sure I could get up at dawn, get in traffic, go to a job I hate that does not inspire me creatively what so ever, for the rest of my life. Sure I could do that, OR.... I could get up at noon and learn how to play the sitar'

;)

Wrong thread lad, your looking for the "Im a lazy c*nt" one

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 10:20:04 am »
Wrong thread lad, your looking for the "Im a lazy charlie uniform november tango" one

Haha possibly but if you can't laugh about it what can you do? :)
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 10:33:15 am »
Haha possibly but if you can't laugh about it what can you do? :)

Lol i know, its the only thing u can do

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2009, 04:00:13 pm »
I've been unemployed since I graduated from university with my Masters last April. Since then I've applied for five hundred plus jobs and only ever had one interview, at which I was branded a career student for having straight A's and the equivalent of two 1:1 degrees ::) Luckily, I don't have any debt, as I worked thirty hours a week whilst doing my undergraduate degree to pay off my tuition and had a position as a Graduate Assistant plus a tuition waiver during my Masters.

I feel for anyone who has recently graduated or is graduating this summer. I think a lot of the expected retirements that were supposed to happen over the next five years have been curtailed by the economy, as people are fearful over their retirement portfolios.

Offline JamieB

• Legacy Fan
  • Winning isn't important, it's everything
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »
I got made redundant week before Christmas and luckily got myself a job at the start of Feb. Wasn't long I know but I was really depressed, had no luck with applications and looked liked I had hit a brick wall. Your chances will come and you just got to keep motivated and keep applying. In worst cases tell a little lie on the CV (you might get caught but worth a try), or keep changing your CV or your style of application answers. Try to mix it up a bit. Good luck everyone.
Pass and Move its the Liverpool Groove,
Go Robbie, Go Robbie, Go!

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2009, 05:25:05 pm »
Has anyone tried applying for jobs within the NHS? I've worked for them for over a year now and there's always vacancies for all aspects. Medical side, Admin side, Cleaning, Driving, Estates (plumbing and sparkies etc).

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/ :wave

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2009, 05:29:32 pm »
Has anyone tried applying for jobs within the NHS? I've worked for them for over a year now and there's always vacancies for all aspects. Medical side, Admin side, Cleaning, Driving, Estates (plumbing and sparkies etc).

Cheers for that mate , Have tried meself but to no avail but may help others on here ,
Nice one  :)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2009, 05:34:40 pm »
I've realized there is no hope searching for a decent full time job with just me GCSE's backing me up, going to college in September for a few years. Hopefully come out the other end and go to uni/hope the economy's strong again.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2009, 07:02:35 pm »

I recive an email sometimes twice daily of whats in the Northwest, never do they have anything suitable!

Offline rosie

• WSAS Founder Member
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss not base football player
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2009, 07:42:11 pm »
I recive an email sometimes twice daily of whats in the Northwest, never do they have anything suitable!

Keep faith with it Lo. I have just started a part time (permanent) post with NHS I got from that website. I'm a qualified teacher who loves teaching but can only get supply - couldn't face another summer on the dole so made the decision to leave teaching - still have some supply hours but can't wait forever for the permanent teaching post, breaks my heart but bills need to be paid.
no coward soul is mine

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2009, 08:17:19 pm »

Job there ill be applying for tomorrow , cheers mate

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2009, 10:01:28 am »
Happy Monday morning fellow jobseekers!

"Have you got a pen Mickey love?"

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2009, 10:02:57 am »
Fucking bumhole, was filling in this application this morning when the advert dsappeared off the website, it did say on the advert the job will be pulled when sufficient applications were made but thats just a joke part way through filling it in i was GGGRRRR

shows how many applications for this job they must have had as it only went on there site on Friday

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2009, 01:00:25 pm »
Have been out of work since end of October last year, been living off redundancy money which has just run out. Just got off the phone to a recruitment agency who have told me that the job I had applied for and had 2 sets of interviews for is more or less mine once the company get's the position signed off from HR.

Fucking delighted!  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2009, 01:04:31 pm »
Managed to get a summer job at InStyle magazine. Luckily my cousin works there so she managed to get me considered. Cant wait!!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »
Managed to get a summer job at InStyle magazine. Luckily my cousin works there so she managed to get me considered. Cant wait!!

Nice one - RAWK's very own version of the Devil Wear's Prada!

Congrats Tedmus as well - must be a relief if the money was running out?

I have interviews tomorrow and Wednesday, first ones in years so feeling really under prepared at the moment.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:21 pm »
Nice one - RAWK's very own version of the Devil Wear's Prada!

Congrats Tedmus as well - must be a relief if the money was running out?

I have interviews tomorrow and Wednesday, first ones in years so feeling really under prepared at the moment.
Cheers and good luck with those  :thumbup
I hadn't had an interview for about 10 years, fortunately the skillset required for this job matched mine exactly, not much blagging had to be done!

It's a big relief yeah, got beyond running, had actually ran out.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2009, 02:19:05 pm »
Fucking bumhole, was filling in this application this morning when the advert dsappeared off the website, it did say on the advert the job will be pulled when sufficient applications were made but thats just a joke part way through filling it in i was GGGRRRR

shows how many applications for this job they must have had as it only went on there site on Friday

That happened to me, I seen a job going at the museum and becos I really wanted it I decided to take my time filling in the form before sending it off, I got the form in before the correct date but it wasn't considered as they stated that becos so many people had applied they had to bring the date forward as a shut off point, I find this so unfair, I am being penalised for sending my form in by the date they set and then they move the goal posts and pluck a different date out of thin air, am I supposed to be psychic?

Next time, forget quality, I will just get my form in ASAP.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2009, 03:09:45 pm »
ok just got back from BT , Had to do a phone interview the other day , went great invited me in to do some " tests " using a PC and to have a interview .

So I go into the building and I am lead up the stairs to this room , " take a seat and someone will be with you shortly "
OK , So im waiting , eventually this lady comes over and introduces herself , all pleasant and that but anyway she says " right you have to do an online questionnaire to determine your suitabilty to the job " right ok I say ,

so I do the " questionnaire " about 125 questions, multiple choice , no wrong or right answers or so I was told , I finish, go into this lady's office and she has a look at my results and turns round to me and says " Im sorry , we cannot take your application any further " .............. Im like wtf ? ? so I ask her why , she explains the " reasoning " behind it which I still o not understand if there were NO WRONG OR RIGHT ANSWERS  ...........

So today , after not having a dickybird of an interview for months , I prepare myself get there nice and early , nervous but confident all the same , and Im told by a machine , not a real person , a machine that Im not suitable for a run of the mill call centre vacancy for BT -

My confidence right now is sky high as you can imagine -  :-[

It was a literal case of COMPUTER SAYS " NO "
Not a real person who sits down asks you questions , gets to know you a bit , makes an informed decision
A FUCKIN MACHINE , a fuckin machine dictating to me , well fuck me with a fish fork .........

Fuck me . . . . . . . .

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »
ok just got back from BT , Had to do a phone interview the other day , went great invited me in to do some " tests " using a PC and to have a interview .

So I go into the building and I am lead up the stairs to this room , " take a seat and someone will be with you shortly "
OK , So im waiting , eventually this lady comes over and introduces herself , all pleasant and that but anyway she says " right you have to do an online questionnaire to determine your suitabilty to the job " right ok I say ,

so I do the " questionnaire " about 125 questions, multiple choice , no wrong or right answers or so I was told , I finish, go into this lady's office and she has a look at my results and turns round to me and says " Im sorry , we cannot take your application any further " .............. Im like wtf ? ? so I ask her why , she explains the " reasoning " behind it which I still o not understand if there were NO WRONG OR RIGHT ANSWERS  ...........

So today , after not having a dickybird of an interview for months , I prepare myself get there nice and early , nervous but confident all the same , and Im told by a machine , not a real person , a machine that Im not suitable for a run of the mill call centre vacancy for BT -

My confidence right now is sky high as you can imagine -  :-[

It was a literal case of COMPUTER SAYS " NO "
Not a real person who sits down asks you questions , gets to know you a bit , makes an informed decision
A FUCKIN MACHINE , a fuckin machine dictating to me , well fuck me with a fish fork .........

Fuck me . . . . . . . .

Was it one of those "In situation X what would you do?" sort of questionnaires? Tesco do the same thing. I think it's a sort of personality type thing that's meant to assess your temperament etc. Bad luck, though :(

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2009, 03:53:33 pm »
Was it one of those "In situation X what would you do?" sort of questionnaires? Tesco do the same thing. I think it's a sort of personality type thing that's meant to assess your temperament etc. Bad luck, though :(

Yeh , cheers mate , I couldnt believe my ears when she told me Id failed . . . .
A proper knock back that was . . . .

Anyways new day tomorrow and all that .............

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2009, 04:21:40 pm »
yeah, thats shocking.

I remember when I went for an interview back in december I had to do 3 tests and I didnt get anywhere near finishing the first 2, so i figured 'right thats it, ive failed' and was completely gutted, but somehow just about managed to pass :D

didn't get the job though.

getting quite pissed off. there was one job I had an interview for a couple of weeks back and they said i'd probably hear back in the week just gone, but not heard a peep. tbf they didn't say that as a definite deadline, so i'll give them a bit of leeway. i checked online with the application process etc and it seems to still be "open", so I guess that's good news.

I don't hold out too much hope because I don't really have much relevent experience in what the job actually entails, so im sure there must be some candidates who are ahead of me in that regard... but i'd absolutely love it if i got this job. love it.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2009, 04:43:54 pm »
I say we all meet every Monday morning in Slaters and get twatted.     :D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2009, 05:01:32 pm »
I say we all meet every Monday morning in Slaters and get twatted.     :D

Cracking idea, we can throw a few ideas around, give each other advice and that

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2009, 06:03:22 pm »

Phil, I understand they've changed their name (or merged or something) and they are now called Connaught

http://www.connaught.plc.uk/workingforconnaught/currentvacancies

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2009, 06:57:44 pm »
I say we all meet every Monday morning in Slaters and get twatted.     :D

Monday morning ? ? nah fuck that Im a dolite now , apparantly mornings dont exist anymore ...
make it 2pm Monday and Im there  :lickin

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
Phil, I understand they've changed their name (or merged or something) and they are now called Connaught

http://www.connaught.plc.uk/workingforconnaught/currentvacancies

Cheers John, ive sent them my CV and i got a letter of them recently saying theyll keep it on file, thanks again

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2009, 01:57:36 am »
Im not suitable for a run of the mill call centre vacancy for BT -

Of course you aren't you don't live in India and you can speak English.

Suffice to say I'm fucked off with BT after yesterdays fiasco with them and their shitty indian call center.

"Can I be of any further assistance"?

"How can you be, you haven't been of any".

Useless incompetent charlie uniform november tangos they are.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:01:49 am by Ben S »