Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2749354 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #50960 on: January 8, 2019, 05:24:23 pm »
Points scored:

Parkey - 9
Bears - 6

Maybe they could have done literally anything else to help him out
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50961 on: January 8, 2019, 06:19:24 pm »
such is the life of a kicker.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #50962 on: January 9, 2019, 08:17:22 am »
Points scored:

Parkey - 9
Bears - 6

Maybe they could have done literally anything else to help him out

Definitely a fair point. I saw some people saying Trubisky had a good game, no idea what game they were watching. Chicago barely had any offence especially in the first half and on another day he's walking away with 2/3 interceptions. Only reason they had points at half time was a brain dead penalty from Bennett and a dropped pick.

Think this Bears team can go again next year but I think it'll be tough because Trubisky is always going to hold them back, similar to Jacksonville with Bortles last year.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50963 on: January 9, 2019, 12:56:45 pm »
Oh Harold

Spoiler
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50964 on: January 9, 2019, 01:04:23 pm »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50965 on: January 9, 2019, 02:22:55 pm »
If we play zone defense on Saturday, and we mostly play that, Mahomes will light us up. I mean Eli did that few weeks ago and it was pretty ugly for our D. Imagine now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50966 on: January 9, 2019, 02:27:15 pm »
If we play zone defense on Saturday, and we mostly play that, Mahomes will light us up. I mean Eli did that few weeks ago and it was pretty ugly for our D. Imagine now.

The good thing is they can't stop the run or the pass, they can pressure Luck but that's all they can do defensively.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50967 on: January 9, 2019, 02:38:58 pm »
The good thing is they can't stop the run or the pass, they can pressure Luck but that's all they can do defensively.

That's a good point. I mean I know fuck all about other teams other than the odd highlights and I have been reading up the last few days about the Chiefs and they say their LBs and DBs will not offer the Colts any headaches and they are dependent on their D Line to cause problems.

Either way, if it's a shootout there is only one winner here and it's not the Colts. I would argue and predict that the best way to deal with the Chiefs' O is to limit their possessions so the Colts' O should go for short yardage plays that move the chains and eat up time.

Anything over 35 points for the Chiefs and they will be winners I reckon. I would say that's OK cause Colts' ceiling was a WC win but having said that and come game time, I will probably be disappointed with any loss  ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50968 on: January 9, 2019, 02:53:01 pm »
Oh forget what I said  :D

From a Colts forum:

Reich was on Polian’s radio show. Said they are going to come out firing. Said they aren’t going to try and control the clock etc. got the impression he thinks it will be a shoot out.

Yep, we are getting beat on Saturday for sure.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50969 on: January 9, 2019, 03:16:54 pm »

I'd worry for you guys if it's like 38-10 at half time. It'd be impossible for Luck to come back and beat the Chiefs in a playoff game with that kind of deficit.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50970 on: January 9, 2019, 03:41:39 pm »
I'd worry for you guys if it's like 38-10 at half time. It'd be impossible for Luck to come back and beat the Chiefs in a playoff game with that kind of deficit.
That was a ridiculous ballgame.

I’m surprised some of those playing Defense that day, on both sides, are still in the league.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50971 on: January 9, 2019, 03:43:18 pm »
The New England Patriots will play host to the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game, and the New Orleans Saints will entertain the L.A. Rams at the Super Dome for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 03:44:53 pm by Trev20 »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50972 on: January 9, 2019, 03:47:17 pm »
Chargers to beat Pats
Cowboys to beat Rams
Saints to beat the Eagles
Colts to beat the Chiefs

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50973 on: January 9, 2019, 03:55:01 pm »
Chargers to beat Pats
Cowboys to beat Rams
Colts to beat the Chiefs

:o

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50974 on: January 9, 2019, 03:55:32 pm »
Oh stop it.

Let's hope the game comes down to Andy Reid's clock management skills.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50975 on: January 9, 2019, 03:55:41 pm »

:o

Reverse jinx mate, just play along  ;)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50976 on: January 9, 2019, 03:57:46 pm »
Oh forget what I said  :D

From a Colts forum:

Colts defence is better than the Chiefs, Luck is back to his best. That`s why I`m picking the Colts (not because I`m a Raiders fan).

My betting record is not the best, however I did come up with a 6 team accumulator on the last week of the regular season.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50977 on: January 9, 2019, 03:58:46 pm »
Chargers to beat Pats
Cowboys to beat Rams
Colts to beat the Chiefs

I really wanted to pick the Chargers, but then I remembered that they are the Spurs of the NFL.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50978 on: January 9, 2019, 04:15:32 pm »
Reverse jinx mate, just play along  ;)
Yes I was wondering why you were betting against our team  ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50979 on: January 9, 2019, 04:16:53 pm »
Up the chargers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50980 on: January 9, 2019, 04:19:51 pm »
Yes I was wondering why you were betting against our team  ;D

If they stop our run, it's going to be massively difficult.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #50981 on: January 9, 2019, 04:30:32 pm »
Chargers are probably the most balanced team in the NFL right now and will be hard to beat. Our record at home and against Rivers works in our favour though. I'd make us 60/40 favourites in that game but wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers won.

Saints at home should beat the Eagles who have been lucky too numerous times to mention and I think their luck runs out at the Saints.

Chief at home to the Colts is a tough one to call and whilst Reid is a bottler/choker in the play offs with that offense and Mahomes plus home advantage they must surely win a play off game some time. If the Chiefs defense can limit the Colts to under 23-25 points then I think the Chiefs take it. If the Colts manage to get that amount or over they have a really good chance of winning.

Cowboys at the Rams is a 50/50 for me and too tough to call. Cowboys have the momentum plus they usually have their pre-season in LA so are used to the climate there. For the Rams Gurley has had a nice rest so he is fresh. I can't call it and it will probably go down to the last possession.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50982 on: January 9, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »
Veteran Quarterback Philip Rivers becomes only the 19th NFL QB in history to pass for over 500 yards in a single game.

Rivers 503 yard assault on the Pats defense (which included 4 TD passes) ensured the Chargers progressed easily to the AFC championship game where they will face Kansas.

The Pats have now fucked off back to New England, everyone is laughing and Trev20 has closed his RAWK account. :)

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #50983 on: January 9, 2019, 04:42:25 pm »
Veteran Quarterback Philip Rivers becomes only the 19th NFL QB in history to pass for over 500 yards in a single game.

Rivers 503 yard assault on the Pats defense (which included 4 TD passes) ensured the Chargers progressed easily to the AFC championship game where they will face Kansas.

The Pats have now fucked off back to New England, everyone is laughing and Trev20 has closed his RAWK account. :)

Technically we can't fuck off back to New England seeing as the game is being played there  ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50984 on: January 9, 2019, 04:47:43 pm »
The Kingsbury hire is being questioned/laughed at around the broadcast circles

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50985 on: January 9, 2019, 04:48:49 pm »
Technically we can't fuck off back to New England seeing as the game is being played there  ;D

Bugger. Joke ruined.

Google annoys me when i do a quick NFL scores/fixtures search  The home team is always usually listed as the second team but on google its listed as Pats v Chargers.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #50986 on: January 9, 2019, 04:58:38 pm »
The more I’ve read up on Kris Richard and listening to podcasts about him, I’m fully on board for him to become our 10th head coach.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50987 on: January 9, 2019, 05:07:13 pm »
The Kingsbury hire is being questioned/laughed at around the broadcast circles

They seem to have gone all in on him helping Rosen develop. Can't imagine what else a fired college coach brings.

Fangio is going to Denver and kitchens is getting the browns job he's already been doing.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 05:17:30 pm by voodoo ray »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50988 on: January 9, 2019, 05:21:39 pm »

:spammer

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50989 on: January 9, 2019, 05:23:30 pm »
Bugger. Joke ruined.

Google annoys me when i do a quick NFL scores/fixtures search  The home team is always usually listed as the second team but on google its listed as Pats v Chargers.
That’ll teach you!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50990 on: January 9, 2019, 05:27:37 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50991 on: January 9, 2019, 05:32:00 pm »
Isn't snow forecasted for Foxborough for the weekend, maybe game time?
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50992 on: January 9, 2019, 05:36:06 pm »
Isn't snow forecasted for Foxborough for the weekend, maybe game time?

Nope just 29 degrees [-2 F]

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50993 on: January 9, 2019, 05:38:49 pm »
Head coaching jobs filling up
Vic Fangio (Bears DC) to the Broncos (with Kubiak back as OC)
Freddie Kitchens promoted to Browns HC from OC (for about 7 weeks)
Gregg Williams now free to pick any of his 9 other HC gigs.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #50994 on: January 9, 2019, 05:51:47 pm »
That's the Bears fucked then

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50995 on: January 9, 2019, 06:23:25 pm »
That's the Bears fucked then

better hope trubisky year 3 improves because it won't be the #1 defence next season.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50996 on: January 9, 2019, 09:46:09 pm »
That's a good point. I mean I know fuck all about other teams other than the odd highlights and I have been reading up the last few days about the Chiefs and they say their LBs and DBs will not offer the Colts any headaches and they are dependent on their D Line to cause problems.

Either way, if it's a shootout there is only one winner here and it's not the Colts. I would argue and predict that the best way to deal with the Chiefs' O is to limit their possessions so the Colts' O should go for short yardage plays that move the chains and eat up time.

Anything over 35 points for the Chiefs and they will be winners I reckon. I would say that's OK cause Colts' ceiling was a WC win but having said that and come game time, I will probably be disappointed with any loss  ;D
Kendall Fuller I think he should be back now, is a really good CB he normally the slot cb but he could just follow TY also. Houston , Jones and Ford is their pass rush

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50997 on: January 9, 2019, 10:00:32 pm »
They seem to have gone all in on him helping Rosen develop. Can't imagine what else a fired college coach brings.

Fangio is going to Denver and kitchens is getting the browns job he's already been doing.
Kliff knows how to create passing efficiency that is more important in NFL then College. He also coached at Texas tech and it a very hard to recruit defensive talent to Lubbock, I think he had 1 Defensive player drafted in his whole time their and it was like a 6th round pick. Also the players at Texas Tech really liked him. He played under Leach at Texas tech, he comes from Air Raid tree however he is not purely air raid offense.
I saw it was reported as he want to bring current Texas state HC Jake Spavital as OC, Spavital was TAMU OC,Cal OC and OC at the West Virginia before getting a HC job this offseason. Im curious how Kliff Fills out his coaching staff though
Bruce Arians college record at temple was 27-39 in 6 season, however he didnt go straight to NFL HC right afterwards.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #50998 on: January 9, 2019, 10:44:38 pm »
with the bears, no one mentioned them going for the 2 pointer, i get it but i said at the time, take the 1

extra points arent a given anymore, if they'd took the one and all things remained the same they'd tied or 'forced' the eagles in going for a 2 pointer themselves

was a bummer, all the teams i wanted to progress came thru apart from the bears, who along with the chargers were the team i was most confident of getting the win cos of their defense (i know pundits were saying ravens had the best stats but having seen almost every game of the regular season, the bears had the best defense imo)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50999 on: January 9, 2019, 10:46:08 pm »
from the sounds of it he needs someone with experience to be his DC.