Author Topic: Negativity needs to stop....  (Read 31663 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Negativity needs to stop....
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:29:34 am »
..Right here right now.

I'm sick of it. The amount of shit that we've been through with the previous owners and all the crap that followed afterwards.
Now we are in a situation with Kenny in charge and no debt and still some people are still not happy?
This time last year we didn't have a pot to piss in and now certain people are questioning paying out for this or that player?
Fuck me, if the vampires were still in charge, would we be taking about any possible transfer targets?

Am I right or am I talking bollocks?

I can't wait for the new season...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:33:58 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline vegasred23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Re: Negativity needs to stop....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:32:30 am »
Spot on Terry, there has been an awful lot of bollocks being spouted around these parts lately.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 03:33:27 am »
Thanks for saying it Terry :thumbup. I'm really looking forward to this season, whether we win or challenge for the league or not. It's nice to know that unlike less than eight months ago the chances of us going under eight games into the season is very slim. It's nice to know we are looking at buying players, rather than having to sell our best players to service interest payments instead of rebuilding the first-team.

Offline Lavish Habits

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 03:39:29 am »
Nice one Terry lad couldn't agree more. Reckon we should pay what needs to be paid and enjoy that we can. I keep a picture of Dumb an dumber just to remind me of where we could be.
I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team. That's something not many teams have. For that I admire Liverpool more than anything." Dutch legend Johan Cruyff after Istanbul.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:47:19 am »

Couldn't agree more.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 03:47:20 am »
I can agree the optimists are far outnumbered by the pessimists here. Yet there will always be something to piss and moan about because that'øs just what fans are inclined to do regardless of performances. Though no matter what I'm quite certain we're all glad we're talking about football matters and not administration, relegation, Texas, injunctions, etc etc
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline StevePass

• TheBloodyBallWillYer?!
  • Anny Roader
  • Talks cock and bull.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 03:51:15 am »
It's about facing reality.  We're out of Europe so we get second choice players and miss out on top tier ones.   We'll have to pay more as well to entice these players to come.   There's no such thing of players choosing us because we're the boyhood club.  Look at the number of boyhood clubs Robbie Keane have supported.   

Case in point is our new 20 million pound signing.  Over the top transfer fees for a player who is not established, while missing out on Phil Jones and Ashley Young.  Who's going to sign for you when they can play in the Champs League and making a load of dosh as well.  It's not the fault of the manager, Commo or the owners.  It's just the situation we are in, but to quote our previous boss, we are all in the same boat and hopefully rowing in the right direction.  Things will not change over night, after such a tumultuous time under Gillett, fat texan, Hodges and Purslow.  We have to back the players, the club and Kenny, and hopefully things will be back to "normal" i.e. winning things in a season (or two).

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 03:53:37 am »
Isn't it summer in England at the moment? Get out and enjoy yourselves. I'm here in Australia struck down with pneumonia, that's my excuse, the rest of you have none! :)

It's sad to see the same people on those transfer threads, it's such a waste of time.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 03:56:43 am »
Seriously, what the fuck happened to our supporters? Granted, I didn't partake in the January transfer window mess but this shit is beyond ridiculous. I am seriously wondering whether if any of the players we sign do not instantly settle, our "fans" are going to eat them alive.

What the fuck happened?

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

It's sad to see the same people on those transfer threads, it's such a waste of time.

The transfer forum is seriously a giant cesspool of idiocy. Amazed it isn't binned completely yet.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:49 am »
Questioning the transfers does not mean negativity, it just means disagreeing with a particular desition not with the whole way the club is being runned and even then if somebody disagrees with the way the club is being runned they should be allowed to post it.

Have an open mind please.

Also the club may be on the right desition but we are still paying the price for awful desitions in the past, so its not all unicorns and rainbows, we have no european football and we are still stuck with awful contracts.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 04:26:06 am »
Do you mean decision?

Sorry, not trying to be the grammar and spelling police, just curious.

..Right here right now.

I'm sick of it. The amount of shit that we've been through with the previous owners and all the crap that followed afterwards.
Now we are in a situation with Kenny in charge and no debt and still some people are still not happy?
This time last year we didn't have a pot to piss in and now certain people are questioning paying out for this or that player?
Fuck me, if the vampires were still in charge, would we be taking about any possible transfer targets?

A+++ 100% correct.  You're not talking bollocks and I'm tired of the shit as well.  Some folks need to check the colour and crest they're wearing.  Ours doesn't say bitter blue shite.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:29:54 am by The Red Dojo »

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 04:29:59 am »
Decision, sorry english isnt my first language which means my google chrome underlines every single word I write :p

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 04:31:42 am »
Just head over to the transfer forum Terry and look in the downing and adam threads to see exactly what is wrong with our fans these days. It's pathetic.

I totally agree with you by the way mate, i simply cannot wait for the new season and i'm really excited to see what sort of squad we've got and what we can do with it.

But this transfer window is the first to truly get me fucked off with our own supporters. Not even the Barry saga a few years ago compares to the amount of bile and shite that's been posted in there. I go in to try and see any news most days and it's basically impossible to find in amongst the literally hundreds of pages of people fucking whinging. About anything they can.

It's like people have forgotten last summer and the first half of last season, forgotten what the very real threat of administration and liquidation was like and how we coped with what was happening. We fought for this club, but by fuck we didn't fight so that everyone could just settle back into their trenches and just call each other know nothing c*nts and slag all of our potential transfers to the ground for literally anything the can. Fee, wages, height, age, weight, shoe size, haircut. Anything means that such and such a player is shite and not worth 3p let alone what the rags say.

Some people just can't cope with the idea of trying to compete at the top again. Getting a good quality squad takes money, and to get the managers top targets takes a shite load of cash, especially with no europe this year to temp the overseas boys. But apparantly if we spend over 5 quid and a couple of curly wurly's we're "The laughing stock again" and "utter fucking mugs" etc, etc.

Second half to last season people started saying they'd trust in Kenny and the new owners and judge after a period of time. Seems that's been thrown out of the pram because we haven't signed the people that all the manager program playing gimps think they should.

Shut the fuck up and start supporting again. And don't try and come the "it's a discussion forum, so why can't we have an opinion" bullshit. There's fuck all opinions these days, people just spouting bollocks as fact, when nothing is further from the truth. You want to have a discussion on Downing, Adam, whoever then fine, discuss it. But what's going on in that forum isn't a fucking discussion, it's a bunch of under 5's bickering in the playground over who shit in the sandbox.

Grow up, and like Terry says, ditch the fucking negativity. We're at the very start of a new era, try and embrace it instead of being miserable fucks all your life.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 04:43:15 am »

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:01 am »
Absolutely right Terry. People need perspective. And perspective has never been so clear. Strange really.

When people discuss who is shittest of Meireles, Aquilani and Adam, I sometimes think I'm the only one thinking 'hell, I would be happy with either one of those. ' But no place for that here.

Next season will hopefully prove many of those wrong.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 04:59:19 am »
Finally some fucking sense is spoken.

Sick to death of all the whinging, think some on here have yet to recover from the cynicism of last summer..

Offline Nigel1982

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 05:00:37 am »
I'd popped into the transfer thread expecting people to be fairly excited that we are close to signing a few of Kenny and Comolli's targets but all I saw was negativity on all fronts with a brave few trying to defend the signings. It's embarrassing. I used to think that we had the most educated fans and on the whole, backed our managers and their decisions. Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Adam and Downing but I trust that Kenny is signing them because he has a role for them. To simply say that it's a terrible decision and a step backwards to sell Merieles and replace him with Adam is such an over simplified and embarrassing statement to make.

We went through a shocking summer last year of buying players like Konchesky and Poulsen for money plus Aquilani for a season. Since then, we have had new owners, a new board, a new scouting network, a new coach and a new manager who we can all say are definite improvements from last year. Now we are getting some new players in, let's support them and wait and see how we perform as a team. I actually think we will sign a few more players as I trust Kenny and Comolli but even if we don't, I know that they have done the necessary research and believe they have the right players for us to go forward. Attention to detail and professionalism is something that is quite evident in everything the owners and Comolli does so I'm confident of what they are doing and I personally will get busy supporting and backing the players and the team.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 05:03:10 am »
Avoid transfer threads at all costs. The amount of utter tosh written is astonishin'.

Offline BigSmooth

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:09:00 am »
What does bollocks mean? 

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 05:11:27 am »
Just head over to the transfer forum Terry and look in the downing and adam threads to see exactly what is wrong with our fans these days. It's pathetic.

I totally agree with you by the way mate, i simply cannot wait for the new season and i'm really excited to see what sort of squad we've got and what we can do with it.

But this transfer window is the first to truly get me fucked off with our own supporters. Not even the Barry saga a few years ago compares to the amount of bile and shite that's been posted in there. I go in to try and see any news most days and it's basically impossible to find in amongst the literally hundreds of pages of people fucking whinging. About anything they can.

It's like people have forgotten last summer and the first half of last season, forgotten what the very real threat of administration and liquidation was like and how we coped with what was happening. We fought for this club, but by fuck we didn't fight so that everyone could just settle back into their trenches and just call each other know nothing c*nts and slag all of our potential transfers to the ground for literally anything the can. Fee, wages, height, age, weight, shoe size, haircut. Anything means that such and such a player is shite and not worth 3p let alone what the rags say.

Some people just can't cope with the idea of trying to compete at the top again. Getting a good quality squad takes money, and to get the managers top targets takes a shite load of cash, especially with no europe this year to temp the overseas boys. But apparantly if we spend over 5 quid and a couple of curly wurly's we're "The laughing stock again" and "utter fucking mugs" etc, etc.

Second half to last season people started saying they'd trust in Kenny and the new owners and judge after a period of time. Seems that's been thrown out of the pram because we haven't signed the people that all the manager program playing gimps think they should.

Shut the fuck up and start supporting again. And don't try and come the "it's a discussion forum, so why can't we have an opinion" bullshit. There's fuck all opinions these days, people just spouting bollocks as fact, when nothing is further from the truth. You want to have a discussion on Downing, Adam, whoever then fine, discuss it. But what's going on in that forum isn't a fucking discussion, it's a bunch of under 5's bickering in the playground over who shit in the sandbox.

Grow up, and like Terry says, ditch the fucking negativity. We're at the very start of a new era, try and embrace it instead of being miserable fucks all your life.

epic post

Offline BigSmooth

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 05:13:38 am »
Hey Juany, what part of Colombia are you from? 

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 05:16:45 am »
Hey Juany, what part of Colombia are you from?

Not from, descendant.......

London

Offline BigSmooth

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 05:20:11 am »
Not from, descendant.......

London

Same here, from Los Angeles. 

Back on topic.  I just joined this board a few weeks ago and there is definitely a tone of viral negativity.  However most of it is contained in the transfer related threads.  I hope it's not this bad during the season. 

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 05:41:40 am »
Fair play Terry the amount of whingers on here and Facebook yesterday would drive a man to drink.

Fellas having a pop at Kenny on a rumour, get a bit of sense for Christ sake

Fuckin silly season!

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 06:00:01 am »
Well said. And completely agree. Just too much 'analysis' over nothing these days.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:34 am »
Great OP!!!
Some one should make this a part of the transfer forum. I can understand a lot of the newbies complaining about the transfer, what I really fail to understand is people questioning our policy when they have had exactly one confirmed transfer. There are folks who are sitting and pronouncing judgement without even a ball being kicked for the season.

When I came in to the forum, I saw many people asking for the transfer forum to be binned. At the time, I did not understand the rhyme or reason for such a move. Now much enlightened and educated I tend to agree with those folks. Yes, good to have opinions, good to diverge from the statistical mean opinion and all that. The problem is that it is used for useless pontification about player abilities and financial side of football. That is something which is detrimental to the club. No one deserves to judge an individual player transfer without the full possession of facts.

No one here on this forum or any journos or ITK have that knowledge. They have information but no one has the damn right to pronounce judgements based on perceptions. Only the management team in full possession of the facts can do that, which would probably include Kenny, Comolli and Clarke. In fact, no matter how long a post they write and how many wonderful justifiable points they can get into it, is insignificant to the number of unknowns.

This short sighted kangaroo court approach is damaging to the spirit among the supporters. It is like Iago planting a seed of doubt in Othello's mind based on a lost hanky. You are basically questioning things about which you are not competent. A lot of so called old posters are more guilty of this and maybe more than any other newbie. Every time I read a post like that, it questions my faith. These are the very people who people say divide opinions. I now understand it better, mostly it is the same set of people with the same agenda. They treat the forum more for personal ego trip than thinking about the club. A post may generate a few replies and I understand having post counts and having your name on the left hand pane is a wonderful feeling. That comes at a price though. The price being that a player is judged before he has kicked a ball in our short. More importantly, it hardens people stand in a way that they actually start hoping for their opinion to be proved correct, like the Lucas thread. It like they said their opinion aloud to a wide audience and then that audience is waiting to mock you. No one should be in that position. In that position, the clubs health becomes secondary to personal issues.

It is for this reason that the forum should be binned. Simply because people should not even start to form opinions on this. Footballing abilities is fine, good and bad players come and go season after season, some will join us, some won't. We buy someone and you discuss them -- great. Go to the general football thread and discuss your favourite player in Barcelona, Santos or Milan -- great. You discuss tactics, even better. What you do not do is playing a manager or director of football because every one here is incompetent for that role. I ask them not to bring your preferences to the transfer forum and start playing Damian Comolli. They cannot even hope to play that role. No one worth their salt gave a damn to their exalted transfer knowledge and paid them for it.

Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 06:07:53 am »

No bollocks spouted, you're spot on.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:21 am »
I find your ilk to be equally as annoying as the "WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE SIGNING NEYMAR" lot and the div kids on the Henderson thread (incidentally if anyone wants to know who it was who slagged Lucas off for years, now no one will admit to it, they're all on there, bookmark it for when it turns out he's actually rather good) possibly more so as you insist on pretending to be some sort of minority (when you're not, as the inevitable flood of Pavlovian "spot on's" will demonstrate) holding back the tide of stupidity and because of that your 'outspoken views' are somehow edgy. The whole thing is tiresome, akin to a chess opening devised by a pair of monkeys; "I'm not sure Downing is good enough" is followed by "if his name was Stewberto Downinga you'd want him" and "oh because he's no good on FM?" - both sides are equally devoid of substance.

The transfer forum however, is reminiscent of the end of Requiem For a Dream, you're expecting it to stop but it just keeps grinding along in all its inexplicable horror.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:06 am »
The transfer forum is awful but the negativity in the Henderson thread during the U-21 tournament was nothing short of disgusting.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:01 am »
Yep well said.

Whatever the circumstances, were gonna be better off at the start of this season than the last, especially under kenny.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 06:43:14 am »
Absolutely right Terry. People need perspective. And perspective has never been so clear. Strange really.

When people discuss who is shittest of Meireles, Aquilani and Adam, I sometimes think I'm the only one thinking 'hell, I would be happy with either one of those. ' But no place for that here.

Next season will hopefully prove many of those wrong.

We won't prove all of these wrong though. Or they won't admit it.

Yes an healthy debate is needed but it really is like reading a transcript to a bunch of 14 year olds evening who have spent the night on their play station footy manager game at times. If we sign Downing, Adam, Wickham and Clichy or Enrique (or even 2 of these) I'll be shocked/delighted. We will have strengthened all the areas we need to have (and probably spent £50-£60m in doing so) which I didn't honestly expect us to have done.

I was one of those (and to be fair there were quite a few) who wanted a clean slate for everyone back in January. New (or old!) manager, new approach and a new start. I even included Poulsen and Konchesky in that! And whilst I was completely wide of the mark on those two (think the elation at Kenny coming back took me to highs that wanted miracles to happen) those who weren't SKYwashed and believed in the rest of the squad were proven right.

Totally agree Terry - good OP.

Offline Captain Gerrard8

• Anny Roader
  • Players,Manager,Supports - The Holy Trinity
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:29 am »
Terry De Niro

There has always been a certain standard at Liverpool, its not gonna be lowered because of 2 idiots. We've always competed to sign the best players and that's how things should stay. And Stewart Downing is not top market especially not for 15 million pounds plus / minus. We need a winger who can get past players. Someone like Mata. Buying Downing is a total waste of Money, coz he can't offer us something that we don't have already.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:46 am »
..Right here right now.

Your absolutely dead on. The wums have been out in full force the past week or so, and the new Aquilani thread has been ruined by the same posters who just need to be heard.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 06:47:40 am »
Same here, from Los Angeles. 

Back on topic.  I just joined this board a few weeks ago and there is definitely a tone of viral negativity.  However most of it is contained in the transfer related threads.  I hope it's not this bad during the season.

Welcome on board sir!

If we haven't won the first 10 games by at least 4 goals a game and conceded more than 1 goal it will not be enough for some. I fear you will be reaching for the Landsharks by November.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 06:49:24 am »
Terry, unfortunately a lot of people aren't happy unless they have something to moan about, and its becoming evident that a lot of our fans on this forum like nothing better than a whinge and moan about the most trivial things. It may be just their way of venting life's frustrations, but I agree that right now, in terms of the club's current position and compared to the shit we were in a year ago, there isn't too much to moan about at Liverpool Football Club. Our future looks fantastic from what I can see, with the prospect of a new stadium/expanded Anfield being a reality now, a plethora of young english talent in the ranks just waiting to break through, and a declaration from the owners that money will be spent this summer to bolster a squad that was one of the form horses in the last 15 games of the season.

As a thread earlier this week said - We should be thankful for what we have already got.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 06:49:48 am »
Terry De Niro

There has always been a certain standard at Liverpool, its not gonna be lowered because of 2 idiots. We've always competed to sign the best players and that's how things should stay. And Stewart Downing is not top market especially not for 15 million pounds plus / minus. We need a winger who can get past players. Someone like Mata. Buying Downing is a total waste of Money, coz he can't offer us something that we don't have already.

Is that a joke?

FFS

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 06:52:23 am »
Terry De Niro

Neither were Nigel Spackman or Glenn Hysen! Didn't stop them helping us to the title did it?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 06:54:51 am »
Terry De Niro

It's always nice when someone can't read and jumps on in to utterly prove our point.

Kudos to you.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 06:56:13 am »
quality
Great OP!!!
Some one should make this a part of the transfer forum. I can understand a lot of the newbies complaining about the transfer, what I really fail to understand is people questioning our policy when they have had exactly one confirmed transfer. There are folks who are sitting and pronouncing judgement without even a ball being kicked for the season.

When I came in to the forum, I saw many people asking for the transfer forum to be binned. At the time, I did not understand the rhyme or reason for such a move. Now much enlightened and educated I tend to agree with those folks. Yes, good to have opinions, good to diverge from the statistical mean opinion and all that. The problem is that it is used for useless pontification about player abilities and financial side of football. That is something which is detrimental to the club. No one deserves to judge an individual player transfer without the full possession of facts.

No one here on this forum or any journos or ITK have that knowledge. They have information but no one has the damn right to pronounce judgements based on perceptions. Only the management team in full possession of the facts can do that, which would probably include Kenny, Comolli and Clarke. In fact, no matter how long a post they write and how many wonderful justifiable points they can get into it, is insignificant to the number of unknowns.

This short sighted kangaroo court approach is damaging to the spirit among the supporters. It is like Iago planting a seed of doubt in Othello's mind based on a lost hanky. You are basically questioning things about which you are not competent. A lot of so called old posters are more guilty of this and maybe more than any other newbie. Every time I read a post like that, it questions my faith. These are the very people who people say divide opinions. I now understand it better, mostly it is the same set of people with the same agenda. They treat the forum more for personal ego trip than thinking about the club. A post may generate a few replies and I understand having post counts and having your name on the left hand pane is a wonderful feeling. That comes at a price though. The price being that a player is judged before he has kicked a ball in our short. More importantly, it hardens people stand in a way that they actually start hoping for their opinion to be proved correct, like the Lucas thread. It like they said their opinion aloud to a wide audience and then that audience is waiting to mock you. No one should be in that position. In that position, the clubs health becomes secondary to personal issues.

It is for this reason that the forum should be binned. Simply because people should not even start to form opinions on this. Footballing abilities is fine, good and bad players come and go season after season, some will join us, some won't. We buy someone and you discuss them -- great. Go to the general football thread and discuss your favourite player in Barcelona, Santos or Milan -- great. You discuss tactics, even better. What you do not do is playing a manager or director of football because every one here is incompetent for that role. I ask them not to bring your preferences to the transfer forum and start playing Damian Comolli. They cannot even hope to play that role. No one worth their salt gave a damn to their exalted transfer knowledge and paid them for it.

★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020