Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332915 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The weather
« Reply #1240 on: March 10, 2019, 03:05:03 pm »
Is it still snowing up there?

I'm flying up later this evening.

Nope, dry now but blowing a gale.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: March 10, 2019, 03:06:45 pm »
It feels Baltic again, give me those clear blue skies any day

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1242 on: March 10, 2019, 03:09:09 pm »
Nope, dry now but blowing a gale.

Cheers.

I expect it will be a bumpy landing.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: March 10, 2019, 03:23:44 pm »
Cheers.

I expect it will be a bumpy landing.

Yes, it's gusting so can expect a bumpy one.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1244 on: March 10, 2019, 04:04:59 pm »
I can see snow lying on the tops of the Clwydian hills at the moment.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1245 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:31 pm »
Fucking hell I underestimated the weather going to the match today. Being wrapped up was inadequate, I should have had 8 layers and 6 pairs of socks on. It was wicked.

Was insane to watch on the telly.

Looked like you guys got all four seasons in the span of 30 minutes.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: March 10, 2019, 04:41:18 pm »
We get a lot of snow here (Boston) but I mind that far less that a cold, raw windy rain. Soaks you & chills you to the bone. At least snow is pretty.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1247 on: March 10, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »
I always spend the 1st half of our home games sitting by the Hillsborough Memorial, the benches are not under cover though (something the club should address) there was a film crew from Germany present today.

The weather conditions where dreadful, at one stage I had to leave the bench to get cover, the wind and hail storm was just too much. Meanwhile at HT before leaving, I stood up a black bucket of red roses which had continually blown over during that 1st half.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:10:32 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: March 10, 2019, 08:33:10 pm »
Was insane to watch on the telly.

Looked like you guys got all four seasons in the span of 30 minutes.
Probably the maddest set of weather I've experienced for a long, long time mate. It was wicked.

I hope you had a good trip over and enjoyed your Anfield experience?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1249 on: March 10, 2019, 09:52:26 pm »
I did, it was a fantastic experience - met up with a few fellow reds off of here, both in Liverpool and in London.

Ill be back again, sooner rather than later, likely with my lads and missus.  :wave
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2019, 11:22:19 pm »
Went for a bike ride to Hexham earlier and it was absolutely freeeezing cold with rain, sleet and snow.     

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2019, 06:54:55 am »
There's another storm coming in tomorrow evening into Wednesday, quite windy for the rest of the week after that dies down.
#Sausages

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2019, 08:26:05 am »
Freezing in Dublin.
Can not wait for this winter to finally fuck off, its neverending.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:05 am »
I know we need the rain, but this is depressing. Horrible grey wet Manchester day (I know I know ;D ), just drains everything out of you

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: March 16, 2019, 09:40:34 am »
Do kindly fuck off winter, if you don't mind, we've had enough. Hardly a ray of sun last week, yesterday we get a tiny bit of it and the wind was not as terribly cold - but today it reversed all the way back into a grey, cold, windy, rainy shitfest. These weeks are the worse, they really are. So fatigued by winter and the spring is not quite there yet.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1255 on: March 16, 2019, 05:19:08 pm »
Lots of flooding in Halifax and surrounding areas.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1256 on: March 16, 2019, 05:23:00 pm »
It's one storm after the other at the moment, gales & hail showers forecasted for tomorrow, but forecasted to improve from Monday
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1257 on: March 17, 2019, 06:37:37 pm »
Always a good sign when the local authorities send out those street sweepers to collect all the grit and stones from the pathways and pedestrian areas. Usually means they're not expecting much more of winter........ah, and I can hear the birds beeping and can see flocks of them returning already!

Fuck off, winter, Spring is coming....... :wave

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: March 17, 2019, 08:38:38 pm »
Someone has had it in for me today, every time I stepped outside it started raining :no

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1259 on: March 17, 2019, 09:05:49 pm »
Someone has had it in for me today, every time I stepped outside it started raining :no
Remember a few weeks ago I said how empty the reservoirs were....  I should gave kept my mouth shut its not stopped raining since [emoji2356]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: March 18, 2019, 11:59:01 am »
Remember a few weeks ago I said how empty the reservoirs were....  I should gave kept my mouth shut its not stopped raining since [emoji2356]

We do need it though otherwise its hosepipe bans in May ;)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1261 on: March 18, 2019, 12:15:56 pm »
We do need it though otherwise its hosepipe bans in May ;)
We do mate and despite the amount of rain the rivers round me still aren't as full as they were last spring.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1262 on: March 18, 2019, 11:35:03 pm »
The forecasters really are full of shit. Today they said early morning rain and a bit more at 7pm til 9pm. It rained all day you tits and stopped at 7.pm.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1263 on: March 19, 2019, 01:59:40 am »
Everyday I cycle to work I am cycling into the wind, by the time I get out the wind has either dropped to nothing or has doubled but completely turned 180'

So unfair  ;D
YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: March 19, 2019, 08:08:42 am »
Everyday I cycle to work I am cycling into the wind, by the time I get out the wind has either dropped to nothing or has doubled but completely turned 180'

So unfair  ;D

Its a cycling law. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: March 20, 2019, 03:53:24 pm »
Sunny and pleasantly mild here today.  8)

Bob, the frog, has made another appearance in the pond, so he must think it's going to be decent this week. Even the fish have started frolicking about again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: March 20, 2019, 03:59:35 pm »
18c here today  8)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: March 21, 2019, 04:48:59 pm »
Just sat on a bench at Hightown looking over Liverpool Bay at the moment.
Nice and calm. Mild at 14c.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: March 21, 2019, 10:31:42 pm »
Yesterday was boss. Had a full on spring clean . Shite out of cupboards , scuzz around the taps , music on , incense burning and windows open. I even managed to assemble my new sofa bed thats been laying on my living room floor since January.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: March 21, 2019, 11:26:34 pm »
Anyway.

Today was the Spring Equinox.

Get in !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: March 30, 2019, 11:09:36 pm »
There's been a few Mallards in the garden the past week which to me is a sign that Spring is deffo here. Something to do with finding a quiet place to mate or something.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: March 31, 2019, 12:09:30 pm »
I had a nice walk along the Leeds -Liverpool Canal on Thursday and there were Coots sitting on eggs. It felt like spring. Saw magpies building nests too.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: March 31, 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
I had a nice walk along the Leeds -Liverpool Canal on Thursday and there were Coots sitting on eggs. It felt like spring. Saw magpies building nests too.

After the winds we had last week, I saw Magpies collecting twigs from the street for their nests, you can see the Magpie and Wood Pigeon nests in the trees along our road.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: March 31, 2019, 05:30:20 pm »
^^

Aye. The birds habits or behaviour tell us everything we need to know. I also heard geese flying last night over the park . When I was in Bordeaux the migraton path of the cranes from Scandinavia to Africa was an amazing thing to witness and it went on for weeks every March and October.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: March 31, 2019, 06:32:48 pm »
^^

I'd love to see that.

I've not seen the Sparrowhawk for ages now, but a pair of Buzzards have started to hunt on the big field the other side of the houses in front of ours.

At some point, when I have more time, I am going to look into getting a Hawk,

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: March 31, 2019, 07:43:20 pm »
http://www.planetepassion.eu/BIRDS-IN-FRANCE/Cranes-in-France.html

There's stuff on youtube too. You can usually hear them before you could see them.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1276 on: March 31, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »
Hasn't rained fir nearly two weeks.

I've just jinxed it haven't I?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1277 on: April 1, 2019, 01:42:11 am »
^^

I'd love to see that.

I've not seen the Sparrowhawk for ages now, but a pair of Buzzards have started to hunt on the big field the other side of the houses in front of ours.

At some point, when I have more time, I am going to look into getting a Hawk,

Kestrel For a Rob
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: April 3, 2019, 10:12:44 pm »
Fuckin blue today on my bike. Last week I wore my sandals for two days until about 7pm. Today I was regretting leaving my gloves at home.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2019, 12:03:13 am »
Lovely weather predicted for the Easter weekend! Looking forward to some sunshine :) :)