Author Topic: Mental neighbour  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mental neighbour
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 08:43:48 am »
thanks John, we've already got a full CCTV system - it's 4K with nightvision and records on movement. Since it went up the 'bad luck' with the screws has stopped, the van was parked far from our house when the mirror was done. It was all scratched on the front like you could see someone had gouged at it with a screwdriver. Can't be a kid/typical knobhead cos they'd just hit it with something, this was very deliberate.

The camera is clearly there and has prevented further shit happening, we could get something in the car but I'm not sure how effective it'd be cos the windows are tinted. I know I need cast iron evidence and only thing I can do is get another camera on the front and work out how to get one on the back, see how things go.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 08:48:07 am by Claire. »

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 09:26:17 am »
thanks John, we've already got a full CCTV system - it's 4K with nightvision and records on movement. Since it went up the 'bad luck' with the screws has stopped, the van was parked far from our house when the mirror was done. It was all scratched on the front like you could see someone had gouged at it with a screwdriver. Can't be a kid/typical knobhead cos they'd just hit it with something, this was very deliberate.

The camera is clearly there and has prevented further shit happening, we could get something in the car but I'm not sure how effective it'd be cos the windows are tinted. I know I need cast iron evidence and only thing I can do is get another camera on the front and work out how to get one on the back, see how things go.
I know you need the evidence but if the damage stopped when the other camera went up maybe a false one at the back or elsewhere is enough of a deterrent?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 10:53:54 am »
the problem with the back is all about access and I won't pay for scaffold to deter that bellend ;D the only window I could put a camera out of, you can't see the majority of the back (not the joining wall with hers for definite) because of a wall to one side and a lower roof.

A solar wifi camera might work though.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 11:39:03 am »
the problem with the back is all about access and I won't pay for scaffold to deter that bellend ;D the only window I could put a camera out of, you can't see the majority of the back (not the joining wall with hers for definite) because of a wall to one side and a lower roof.

A solar wifi camera might work though.

Could you get something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BW-Outdoor-Security-Camera-Waterproof/dp/B007XZN1W4
...and mount it just by leaning out of a window or something? Might be a cheap but effective deterrent.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2020, 04:22:25 pm »
How's this been since Claire?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 07:53:17 pm »
Might I suggest another route?

Barring your neighbor being a complete nutter - a meeting with a 3rd party - a mediator, as a neutral moderator, (with clear and defined guidelines for how to effectuate it), between the parties, could help.

I work as an advisor on this here in Norway - which means I train and guide the mediators, (amongst a shitton of other stuff), and we have a fairly high success-rate for constructive solutions using the method.

note: can't say if the UK version differ from ours, but might be worth a go?

what happens in a mediated meeting, Norway edition

Or, yeah, you know..

... get clown shoes!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2020, 08:06:01 pm »
Might I suggest another route?

Barring your neighbor being a complete nutter - a meeting with a 3rd party - a mediator, as a neutral moderator, (with clear and defined guidelines for how to effectuate it), between the parties, could help.

I work as an advisor on this here in Norway - which means I train and guide the mediators, (amongst a shitton of other stuff), and we have a fairly high success-rate for constructive solutions using the method.

note: can't say if the UK version differ from ours, but might be worth a go?

what happens in a mediated meeting, Norway edition

Or, yeah, you know..

... get clown shoes!
Dont think Claire has any proof that it is the neighbour. And the neighbour is likely to deny any involvement.
 Could it still work?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2020, 08:48:37 pm »
Dont think Claire has any proof that it is the neighbour. And the neighbour is likely to deny any involvement.
 Could it still work?

Well, yeah! Sounds like there already are issues to resolve there, (and questions regarding the malicious actions can be brought up). I really cant recommend this enough, (not just in this case), the amount of quarreling neighbors who come together and, in this setting, learn about the other side - and then find a mutual understanding, is higher than you'd think.

We deal with everything from that f*cking neighbor, (a literal book of ours), via petty theft and criminal cases to, not sure what word to use.. heavy things. Anyways, that might be for another thread.
@Yvanicuzz